Sneeze Fetish Forum

Two Opposites

glitter_

Hello beautiful forum! I've been geeking around for a while now and finally decided that I should join. This is my first sneezefic ever. Hopefully you guys like it. There's no sneezing in the first part because of story development and all ;). English is not my first language so I apologize for any grammatical mistakes.

Chapter 1

There was just something about spring that Kaya couldn’t quite grasp. Maybe it was the birds beginning to chirp louder or the people starting to go outside more often.

Because she was a pretty outgoing person she never understood the boundaries that came with the weather. To her it really didn’t matter whether it was raining, snowing or storming outside, she was always very active, trying to meet up with friends, going out to party or just for an ordinary walk.

But since she moved from a big, bright city to a small village at the coast she never really got the opportunity to break out of this stupid weather-routine again. Her whole winter had been destroyed by watching awfully boring sitcoms, gulping liters of that insult that her mother called tea and skyping with her friends at home which earned her nothing but a great amount of homesickness.

Kaya had really wanted to go outside but apparently it just was too big of an obstacle for other people around here so she had to work through it.

Now, sitting outside and listening to actual groups of human beings walk by seemed to be the huge excitement she had been waiting for ever since she moved. Maybe it wasn’t the birds nor even the people. Maybe it was the different feeling that someone like her never got to experience living in a city full of walls and anonymity. Here everything was open, the trees, the ocean.

Kaya let herself sink deeper into the hammock while continuing to listen to the group of people approaching. The sun touched her pale skin and the cold breeze from the water slid through her smooth brown hair. Her Satisfaction of things finally changing around here didn’t last very long as she identified the voices of the people to be her parents’s. Kaya rolled her eyes. She forgot that they went to the mall half an hour ago. She didn’t recognize the other voice, though.

“Kaya, meet Theo. He’ll be working here for the next couple of weeks.” Slowly Kaya rose to a sitting position, removing her sunglasses so she could see properly. The unfamiliar person standing in front of her, which her father had referred to as Theo, certainly had nothing to do with the image that she was expecting.

He wasn’t old and greasy but rather handsome and fit. Suddenly Kaya twitched, noticing that she was staring. She reached out for a handshake. “Hi, I’m Kaya, but you already knew that.” “Theo, nice to meet you.” His voice was gravely and soothingly deep and his grip was as strong as the rest of his body. He was about 5'12, had dark, almost black unruly hear that threatened to cover his chestnut, somewhat greyish colored eyes.

Actually, he looked so stunning that Kaya’s muscle reflexes stopped working for a few seconds which made her drop her favorite sunglasses to the ground. She tried to catch them but it was too late. She heard a crack as they hit the hardness of the floor. “Shit!” Kaya could feel the laser-eyes of her dad ripping through her body. “I... I mean, oh no.” Nice try.

As soon they were back in her hands she instantly knew by the crack over the left glass that there was absolutely nothing she could do to save them. “Anyways...” Her father seemed on edge, as always when his career was at stake because of Kaya’s clumsiness. “I just wanted to introduce you guys since you’ll bee seeing each other more often now. Theo will be working in the backyard as an electrician for our lighting in the pavilion, sweetheart.” Ugh, she hated it when he called her like that. Especially because with 22 she wasn’t his little baby anymore and because, right now, she clearly had a bigger fish to fry than her demeanor, that her father constantly criticized.

“I’ll leave you alone. I mean, you and your sunglasses, sweetheart.” Funny, really funny, Kaya thought as her father walked away. She controlled herself in the last moment, even though it seemed impossible.

“I see, you were close.” Confusion spread across her face because, while being angry at her father, she had almost forgotten Theo’s presence. He chuckled as he watched her green, puzzled looking eyes jump. The chuckle was based deep in his throat and for some reason it sounded rather painful. Only now did Kaya realize what Theo had meant by his statement. “Oh... that, yeah, well. I was thinking about a funeral, but maybe that’s a bit too much.” He carefully grabbed her sunglasses to turn them in his hands. “Well, maybe a funeral is a bit too early, since this is nothing that can’t be fixed. Been there before.” He chuckled again, even deeper this time while he pushed his own glasses back into place with one finger.

“If you want, I’ll fix them for you.” “That’d be great”, Kaya more or less shouted. Being extroverted and having a runaway mouth did have some disadvantages, although not enough to change that behavior. “I... I mean, thank you. Appreciate it.” Theo smiled shyly. Kaya smiled back in response.
“You are here for wires and cables, not as an optician. There’ll be no extra cash!” She heard her dad literally bark at his own joke. His jokes were never funny, period. “Well, I guess, I’m gonna see you around for the delayed funeral and all.”  Theo fidgeted with her sunglasses. “Yeah, see you around”, Kaya responded.
She stared at him as he walked of. Things definitely changed during spring. It indeed weren’t the birds or the people but the feeling that came with it. The things were changing, after all.

- how did you guys like it? Should I continue? Hope you are all having a good day!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glitter_

• Privatedancer

• secret19

• missfemmefatale

Thank you 😉 @Privatedancer 

I decided to continue. So here it is!

Chapter 2

Being bound to your parents can be a pain in the ass for a 22 year old with no money whatsoever. Kaya had been given an ultimatum. If she wanted to study for becoming a teacher she was forced to move with them. Fortunately the time of boredom and displeasure was over. Kaya was eager to make this spring something unforgettable. No more sleep-in sitcoms, disgusting tea or sad phone calls but pure activity.

She jumped out of bed, ran downstairs and poured herself a glass of fresh orange juice. She heard some muted sounds coming from the direction of the backyard which made her wonder if the gorgeous electrician would like some orange juice as well.

Luckily her parents wouldn’t come back from their little shopping spree until afternoon, which gave her not only time but also freedom with Theo. Happy, Kaya hopped to the door which led into the gigantic backyard. It featured a beautiful meadow which was covered by many, differently colored daisies, a terrace with welcoming chairs, two big pavilions which were going to be lighted and a little creek that made little smouldering noices.

In the middle of it all Kaya spotted Theo working. He wore a NBA t-shirt that showed off his muscles. “Hey.” Once again, she must have been a little too loud since he jumped at the sound of her voice. Slowly he turned to face her. “Hey.” His cheeks showed two tiny dimples when he smiled which made Kaya’s stomach flip at his cuteness. “What’s up?” She had to clear her throat to speak. “I was just wondering if you would like something to drink. There’s orange juice in the kitchen.” “Water is fine, thanks.”

On closer inspection Kaya could see that Theo’s eyes behind the glasses were slightly red rimmed. While she poured him a glass of water in the kitchen she rolled her eyes at the thought of him being exactly like every other reckless man she had met, going to work hungover an everything... Somehow she had expected more from him. Her father would not like that work ethic, either.

She gently closed the door with her foot, balancing her orange juice in one hand and Theo’s water in the other. “Here you go.” Kaya handed him the glass and he reached for it with a thankful expression. “Thanks. Exactly what I need right now.” He swallowed the liquid with one big gulp. “Yeah, gotta stay hydrated to fight the hangover.”

Sometimes her runaway mouth couldn’t help but take the spotlight. Theo frowned a little bit stunned. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”Kaya chewed at her fingernails wishing for the awkward silence to pass. 

“Sooo...” She always tended to drag out her words when she was nervous. “Where do you live?” “I live a few blocks from here”, he replied while putting on gloves. “How come we’ve never met?” “Good question”, he said while connecting two long cables. “Maybe because I don’t spend much time in the village but rather at the shore. You been there?” “Nope, water scares me.” “Really?” Theo turned around, visibly surprised by Kaya’s statement. “Yes, I’ve never been much of a swimmer. But the deepness of the ocean is what really terrifies me. There could be sharks or jellyfish or... or...” “Or brilliant coral reefs”, Theo offered.

He looked up to the sky, probably daydreaming. At least so she thought until his eyes were veiled with a hazy expression. He abruptly aimed his head against his shoulder as he squeezed his eyes shut and inhaled sharply. “Heh... He’ngtxxschoo, Hi’nttshew... Heh’ngtxxchew, Ugh. Excuse me.”
For some inexplicable reason Kaya felt a little tweak in her hot cheeks. Apparently, the sun seemed to burn her pale skin sooner and especially harder than expected. She continued biting her nails while Theo fumbled for a tissue in his pocket, sniffling softly. Kaya didn’t like drawing attention to sneezing but she also didn’t like being a douchebag for not acknowledging it, so she just changed the topic as nonchalantly as she could while Theo dabbed at his flaring nostrils with the crumpled tissue from his pocket.

“You do have an accent of some sort, right? I just can’t seem to figure out which one exactly.” Before he answered he tucked his tissue away and rubbed at his irritated eyes which made them look even more irritated than before. So he wasn’t lying when he said that he had no idea which hangover she was talking about.

“Well, to be honest I don’t really know what accent I’m speaking. It’s... heh... ihhit’s complicated... one second.” He pinched his nose forcefully but it didn’t help fighting the urge. It only seemed to intensify it. Eventually he gave in. “He’nggt, Heh’nggshx, Hi’ngttscheew... Ugh. Excuse me again.” Slowly Theo’s nose was starting to match the color of his eyes.

Kaya swallowed. Although she didn’t fully trust her voice, she tried to keep the conversation going.
“Why is it complicated?”, she asked, actually curious. “My Mama is from Germany but she lived in Great Britain most of her life. My Pops is from Brazil but basically grew up in the States, so I’m a weird mixture of that, I guess.”

Kaya studied his features more closely and discovered that she could recognize the diverse cultures in his appearance. He probably inherited the freckles on his teint cheeks from his mother and the thick, dark hair from his father. She was pretty fascinated by Theo’s roots.  Now, that he had told her about his origins she could even fit the pieces together. How his mild American accent being interrupted by a British tone once in a while.

“So, do you speak more than just one language?” “Yes, I can speak German and Portuguese, too.” “That’s amazing.” “Yeah... sometimes it can be little confusing if I’m being honest.” Theo couldn’t stop sniffling. “I can imagine”, Kaya giggled. She was enjoying this moment. Theo seemed like a really great guy, maybe a little shy for her taste, since she was the one asking all the questions, but still very nice. It’s been a while since Kaya had such a wholesome conversation with a guy her age, apart from... “Heh’xxxshooo, Hi’yenxxtchoo... Heh... Heh... Hih’nntxchew, Ugh.”... that. Okay, now she would just seem rude not reacting to his frequent sneezing.

“Excuse be... I’b so sorry aboud dis”, he said, absentmindedly rubbing his nose with the same tissue as before to ease the congestion in his voice.  “Do you have a cold?”, Kaya asked shakily.  “Nah, it’s just allergies”, he replied quietly.  “What are you allergic to?” She just couldn’t stop letting her mouth get what it wanted, could she? Theo flushed. ”I think we would be quicker if you’d ask me what I’m not allergic to.” Kaya smiled sympathetically. “Being outside doesn’t really help, does it?” “I mean, I kinda didn’t know that I would be working outside when I took your dad’s offer. My hayfever... it can get pretty bad.”

Since Theo also cringed it seemed like a relief for both of them to change the topic again. “How old are you, by the way?”, Kaya asked. “Is this an interrogation of some sort?”, he wondered chuckling his deep, throaty chuckle. “Sorry, I can get way too nosy sometimes”, Kaya had to admit, “I should go inside, so you can do your work.” “You know that was a joke, right?”
Grabbing both of their glasses Kaya turned her back to Theo and started walking away. “I know but my father will be back soon and by then you better be working and I better be not distracting you.” She had almost reached the doorsteps as she heard the already familiar sound of Theo shyly trying to stifle his sneezes. “Heh’ngtxchiuu... Hih’nngtshioo Ha’ngtxxschoo.”

Kaya squinted in Theo’s direction for a second and saw him burying his head in his elbow, grabbing the already abused tissue and blowing gently, wincing at the roughness of his still twitching nostrils. Then she opened the door, butterflies crumbling in her entire body. Somehow she found the way Theo looked when he sneezed kind of adorable. A small smile crept onto her face as she opened the door.

“Hey, Kaya!” The world stood still for a moment, her name sounding so perfect when he said it. Soft but demanding at the same time. Like his vocal chords were made for saying it over and over again. “I’m 21 and you?” “22”, she whispered while she slid through the created gap into the safety of the house.

- soooo... Was it alright?

I'm glad you like it @kai thanks for the nice comment. It means a lot.

Yes! I found out how to write italic words! Hope that you enjoy the next part of this installment and have no problem with the f-word :D

Chapter 3

The last time Kaya had been in a serious relationship it had turned out to be a terrible flop and her ex-boyfriend Sebastian had turned out to be a huge dick. Not only had he been sleeping with other girls but he also had been very selfish and dismissive at times.
At a certain point Kaya had understood that she wouldn’t be able to connect with him on a deeper level. It always had been about his achievements and his longings not about her’s.

From the day she broke up with him Kaya had made a vow to herself that she would never allow a relationship to influence her the way the one with Sebastian had. That it just was a dark chapter of her life story she would keep hidden forever.

After all, his abusive behavior had taken it’s toll on her. Since then, Kaya always had difficulties to feel loved and appreciated for what she was, by men specifically.

Her father’s high opinion of Sebastian hadn’t really helped, either. He had been devastated as he had found out that Kaya broke up with him.

Head-shaking she focused on the lecture again, taking notes about the most important key words. She was more than glad when she heard her professor announcing the end of the lesson. Maybe a little excited to see Theo again, she hurried getting out of the university to catch the next bus.

“Hi, Mom! How was work?” Her mother’s expression was beaming as she opened the door for Kaya. “It was great. We could save a little rabbit. He was actually so cute, that I decided to keep him. I know that you were very sad when Lillith died last year, so I brought him for you, honey. As a gift.” Kaya entered the house and took of her brand new shoes. “Thanks, mom, that’s awesome”, she said ecstatically, “What’s his name?” “Doodles. He’s upstairs, Why don’t you go take a look at him?”

As euphoric as Kaya was she suddenly froze when she heard her father’s voice shouting from the backyard. Her smile dropped like a sack of potatoes. He would never let her enjoy a simple moment of joy. “First I’m gonna go to him, I guess”, she told her mother, pointing vaguely to the direction the loud voice was coming from. She couldn’t help but be disappointed at her father’s tactless handling of the situation. “What is it, dad?” She went in the backyard, where she saw her father and Theo having a conversation.

“Sweetheart, come here!” “Can’t that wait?”, Kaya asked impatiently. “I was just about to...” “I know, I know”, her father cut her off. “You’ll get your opportunity soon enough but I thought you might be interested to see this.” He turned to Theo who looked even more radiant than yesterday.

He had exchanged his NBA t-shirt with another whose black color was covered with the famous Star Wars logo. His unruly, curly hair was secured with a yellow bandana that matched the t-shirt’s logo. Long story short, Kaya was so taken aback by Theo’s good looks that she didn’t realize his stretched out hand.

“I thought, you might want them back.” These words with that flawlessly smooth accent caught her attention. She focused on his hand. “My sunglasses! Wow, crazy! I... I mean how did you...” “Told you they could be fixed.” Kaya had a hard time not jumping right into Theo’s arms. She was able to keep herself in check while grabbing her favorite accessoire. It looked as good as new. “How did you fix them?”, she asked again, still amazed. “Let that be my little secret.” He winked in her direction and she almost forgot that her father was standing beside them. Almost.

”When you continue to amaze me like that with your electric skills, Mr. Pereira, I’ll consider hiring you for my company. How does that sound to you?” “I’d be honored, sir”, Theo said submissively. Sometimes Kaya’s father did stuff like that. Employing people and then watching them precisely to decide whether or not they were worthy to work for him on the long run. Kaya thought it was pressuring and wrong but since her father never listened to her she eventually had given up trying to change his mind. “You just keep impressing me and we’re good, understood?” But no pressure.

Theo nodded, blinking repeatedly, something clearly bothering him. Oh no, Kaya thought, watching the event unfold. She knew how much her father could be grossed out by certain bodily functions. Fortunately, Theo seemed to shake the tickle. He cleared his throat, blinked once more and added to his nod: “I won’t disappoint you, sir.” “I’m glad to hear that. Just... keep going then. Sweetheart, don’t annoy our guest too long.” “Yes, dad”, Kaya said tetchy. She looked after her father.

Immediately as the door was closed she felt Theo shift uncomfortably next to her. Kaya watched him wrinkling his nose as hitching breaths escaped his body. ”Heh... he, he... Hah’nxx, -nxx, -ntshiew, huh... fuhuck... Hih’nggxxchoo,    -nnttschiu, -ngtxx'schew, ugh, Hu’yenxtchioo. Excuse be, sorry.” Kaya’s heart stopped for one second. She was totally overwhelmed by Theo’s fit that had left him a little breathless. Hastily he pulled out a tissue to stop his nose from running. “You okay?”, she finally decided to ask him. “Sure”, he tried to calm her. “It’s just hayfever, I’ll live.” “I know, but that was a lot of sneezing.” As much as Kaya hated to talk about it, her concern about Theo was all that mattered right now. “I’m fine. Just kept them in too long, that’s all.” “Aren’t there any meds you can take to make it stop?” Theo chuckled, a slight wheeze sneaking into his breath. “I already took all the meds I could without possibly passing out.” Oh...

Noticing her fixed sunglasses still resting in her hands she put them on. “How do I look?” Kaya got into different poses that she would bitterly regret later. “Get it, girl”, Theo cheered. “All credits go out to Theo - I don’t know your middle name - Pereira for repairing these babies.” Kaya pointed at the sunglasses. Theo laughed. “It’s Alanyo.” “Mmh?” “My middle name. It’s Alanyo.” “Very exotic”, Kaya giggled. “Very Brazilian”, he clarified, showing his wonderful smile. “In that case, thank you Theo Alanyo Pereira.” “You’re welcome, Kaya...?” ”... Louise...” “You’re welcome, Kaya Louise McCoy.”

- I plan on making this a bigger story. Would you guys like to read more of it?

I would! It's really cute! Also, I find myself interested in these characters. This could go any number of interesting places.

GRMVZNBLKGRDZMVBL sexy boys with hayfever amirite :dribble:

@March Hare you are so right 😉😉 and I'm glad you want to read more

@M214186 thank you very much!!!

Now I'm posting the last part that was almost finished from the beginning. So the updates might be getting a little bit slower after this. But I will continue! But for now enjoy the next part. 

Chapter 4

When Kaya entered her room she could hear rustling in the corner. She paced the room, pure excitement washing over her. Quickly she reached the cage from which the noise emanated and kneeled in front of it to greet her new little friend. “Hey, Doodles.” The beige rabbit looked as joyful as Kaya felt.

After her last rabbit Lillith had died last year Kaya went into a depression. She loved animals with all her heart and would never stop surrounding herself with them. Her mother just knew her way to well.

If only her father could have as much human knowledge. Kaya knew that her wish would only be fulfilled in her dreams unless her father would find a store where someone like him could buy empathy. Yeah, that totally wasn’t happening.

“Honey, you coming to eat?” “Yes, mom, be there in a sec!”, Kaya more or less screamed which made Doodles twitch. “Sorry, little one. I didn’t wanna scare you.”

She took the stairs always skipping one staircase with each step. “Don’t run around the house like that!”, she heard her father shout from the dining room. Annoyed she put her head through the gap of the door. “I’m an adult. You can’t just boss me around whenever you feel like it.” “Don’t be so offended and join us.” Kaya rolled her eyes and flopped on the chair far away from her father. “Instead of offending me you could ask our guest if he wants something to eat. He’s been working outside for a good five hours without a break.”

Before her father could contradict, her mother came for the rescue. “I think that sounds like a great idea... Richard, don’t you think?” Her father nodded reluctantly. “Honey, why don’t you go get Theo?” With a smile on her face Kaya got up and made her way into the backyard.

“Hey, you wanna eat with us?” Still needed to work on that volume. Theo was startled until he realized what was going on. He turned to face her. “I’d love to, thanks.” They both stepped inside and went into the dining room. Theo’s satisfied expression immediately shifted as he saw the prepared plates. “Are those peanuts right there?” His eyes looked truly terrified. Shit. He didn’t also have food allergies, did he? “Yes...?”, Kaya’s mom half asked, half admitted. “ I’m so sorry ma’am but I can’t eat with you then.” “I could just remove them...”, she offered. “No, they still touched the rest of the food. I’m really sorry. It looks very delicious, though.” “No, honey, you don’t have to be sorry about something you don’t have any control over. I guess in the next weeks peanuts are of the meal plan.” “Thank you, ma’am”, Theo said politely, returning to his official task.

Kaya sat back down again gushing over how big of a gentleman Theo was. “What are you smiling about?” “Dad! Could you just stop invading my space? It really gets on my nerves!” “How do you like your new rabbit, honey?”, her mother changed the topic intentionally. “He’s so cute. Thanks mom”, she assured her. After finishing her meal Kaya went into the kitchen pulling a packet of instant noodles out of the cupboard and heating them in a pot. After that she brought them to Theo.
“Got you something to eat.” He couldn’t help but smile at her. “Thanks, you’re my saviour.” He grabbed the food like someone who hadn’t eaten in days. “Yeah, sorry about that. My father doesn’t really care about his employees.” “I wouldn’t say it like that”, Theo tried to protect him. “He’s pretty intense.” “You could say that”, Kaya laughed spitefully. “But he has to be like that, right?”, Theo continued, sniffling. “He’s the chef of a big company, after all.” “Well, he doesn’t stop being the chef when he’s at home.”

“You want some?”, he asked, looking at his food actually concerned that she would be starving if she wouldn’t take a bite. At least it helped taking her mind off things. Kaya had to laugh, loud and lively. “I’ve just eaten, you know?” He kept sniffling. “Jeez, just asking. You’re skinny.” “What’s that supposed to mean?”. Kaya jumped into girl mode abruptly. “That wasn’t necessarily an insult”, he said blushing slightly.

Not out of embarrassment, as she soon discovered. “He... Heh... He, Huh... Ugh. Lost it”, he said frustrated looking up to the sun. It only took five seconds or so for the effect to kick in. Theo ducked his head into his elbow. “Hu’xxh, He’ntsh, Hi’ngtch, Excuse me, sorry”, he said uncomfortably. Kaya’s mouth was dry. How could someone look and sound so adorable while sneezing? “Hah’yenctshioo, He’ngtschew, He’ngtxxh.

“Bless you there, sport”, her father interrupted their moment by opening the door to the backyard, walking over to them and patting Theo on the back. “God bless you.” Ew, how fake. “Thank you, sir”, Theo said, now flushing out of embarrassment. “I hope you are not as allergic to grass as you are to peanuts”, he joked. Kaya could go puke right now. “I’m not allergic, sir”, Theo straight up lied, probably too shy to admit. “That’s good, I’m relieved. Excuse the manners of my daughter, by the way. Sweetheart.” Oh, she knew that tone all too well. “Bless you”, Kaya said behind her teeth.

“That’s better, isn’t it? I was just about to dismiss you, so you could get something to eat but I see my daughter already took care of that.” Why was he always talking about her in third person? She was literally standing right next to him! “Yeah, she did. You’re very caring, Kaya. Thank you”, he winked. He was such a gentleman! Neither by faking concern nor using the third person like her father did. Just by being himself. “Is that so? Well, I’m glad. Since this whole eating situation was kind of a faux pas why don’t you take the rest of the day free?” “You couldn’t know, though. I’m not sure if I can take this offer.” “I insist, Mr. Pereira”, he told him and walked away.

It was disgusting how Kaya’s father showed his superiority and at the same time pretended to be sympathetic and understanding, which he definitely wasn’t. For a moment silence settled between them. Kaya could feel Theo’s eyes staring at her trying to identify the emotions she went through right now.
“Sooo...”, Kaya stretched. “Sooo...”, Theo imitated her, smiling brightly. “Since I have the rest of the day off... Would you like to spend it with me?” Well, she clearly hadn’t been expecting this. He wasn’t so timid after all, was he? “Of course! I mean... sure, why not?” Theo laughed and it was like all the beautiful sounds in the world had just been transported right into his soothing voice. “Gotcha, let’s get outta here.”

hope you like it

I do like it! and I hope they're off to have lots of fun together ^_^

I'm back! Hope you guys like reading it as much as I liked working on it :)

Chapter 5

His voice truly sounded as if honey was melting on it every time he talked. Thick and raw but soft and smooth all the same. “You study to become a teacher?” He seemed surprised. “Yeah, is it really that bizarre?” “No, it’s actually pretty impressive. I mean look at me. I did an apprenticeship as an electrician because I genuinely don’t know what I want to do with my life. Just because I really need the money.” “For what?” “For paying my rent and insurance bills maybe...?” “Don’t your parents help you with that?”, Kaya asked. “I stay with a few close friends.” “That doesn’t answer the question.” “Ha’ncxxt, He’nggt, Hah’nggtshiew. Excuse me. Could we just not talk about my parents, please?” Kaya had never heard Theo talk so sappy before. Of course she had only known him for a few days but this behavior just didn’t seem anything like him. “There must be something, though. You don’t seem like the guy without a plan.” “Well, if I wanna study I need a scholarship. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to afford it. Theoretically I could study languages since I already speak three fluently.” “See, that is a plan”, Kaya encouraged him. “True, but it doesn’t feel a hundred percent right, you know?” “No, I actually don’t. I think you’re being too hard on yourself.” “Hi’ngt, He’nxxh, Heh’ntshi. Excuse me agaihain. He... Hu’yenxxh, Hih’nggtchiu, Ha’nxxtschoo snf... And again.” Theo truly looked miserable. Allergic tears were glistening at the edge of both of his eyes. He had to remove his glasses to rub the irritation out of them. His nose was streaming like the flood, leaving him breathless from all the sniffling he had been doing to keep his body fluids in him. His nostrils flared constantly, the tickle never fully leaving. “Would you like to maybe go in a café of some sort? The pollen count must be high today.” Kaya chuckled. “Are you asking me on a date?” “Don’t flatter yourself too much, Kaya.” Again, her name on his lips. He made it sound like a compliment rather than a name. It was the only time his Brazilian speech habits seemed to break free.

They made their way down the road, crossing streets and slowly approaching the center of the village. Theo seemed like the only person in the world in whose presence Kaya felt comfortable remaining silent. Normally she was always the first one to speak or joke around to prevent awkwardness but his energy somehow calmed her and let her enjoy the silence. Well if... “He’nntshew, -xxgtschoo, -nggtschiuu, ugh. Excuse be, sorry. Snf.” ... that’s considered silence.
They were getting messier and harder to contain, Kaya could feel that. She couldn’t really decide whether that was concerning or not. “You don’t need to apologize every time. It’s not like you can help it”, Kaya finally pointed out what she wanted to say for a very long time. “Do bud id’s gross.” Theo flushed pulling out a tissue and blowing as softly as he could. “It’s not”, Kaya had to admit. “If you say... he... heh, hi... so...” For one second he stood still, looking up to the sun. Then the tickle fully consumed him. “He’ngt, Heh’nntschew, Ha’yechoo, ugh. I’m so sorry.” Even though Theo wasn’t able to stifle his last sneeze it still seemed controlled, as if he was holding back.

“Maybe you should go home or something”, Kaya suggested, the concern not leaving her. “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” They reached their destination in silence. Carefully sliding through the door they went in the café which turned out to be a lot busier than she had expected.

As soon as they had entered a tall woman with short blonde hair greeted Theo warmly from behind the counter. “Theo! It’s been a while! How are you?” “Hey, Leila. M’good, thanks. Meet Kaya.” Kaya’s heart stumbled, as Theo touched her back and gently pushed her forward to introduce her to his friend. He genuinely seemed to care.  Smiling she approached Leila and offered her hand. “I’m Kaya, but you already knew that.” Laughing, Leila shook her hand. “I like this one.”

As Theo came closer Leila’s expression changed drastically. Her eyes focused on his red eyes and dripping nose. “Dude, you look awful.” “Gee thanks”, Kaya heard him mumble under his breath. “Cold or allergies?” “This time it’s allergies.” This time? “Well, take care. There are two seats for you guys right over there. Make yourself comfortable.” They both followed Leila’s finger and sat down.

Immediately Kaya absorbed the atmosphere of the room. Many people were chatting loudly, the tables were decorated in pastel tones and Kendrick Lamar roared out of little speakers that were placed all over the room. She really liked this place. “I enjoy when so many people are speaking to each other in a café. It makes you feel connected to them in a way”, she told Theo who was still rubbing at his sensitive nose. “Really? I like the... the...” Theo snapped his fingers. “What is Lärm called in English...? The... the noise. I like the noise because it gives me more privacy. Sorry, bilingual... well actually trilingual struggles.” “No worries”, Kaya giggled and Theo adjusted his glasses nervously.

The fact how different the both of them were had appeared to Kaya before. While she was all bubbly, outgoing and loud, Theo seemed to be way more introverted, shy and in his head. Everything, from the way how soft his voice was and how discreetly he gestured to the way how he timidly stifled his sneezes, was so different from any other man she had spent time with in the past. It was appealing. More appealing than she would like.

The waitress pulled Kaya out of her trance. “What would you like to drink?” “A large black coffee with extra cinnamon, please.” She nodded. “What about you, Theo?” “I’ll take the usual, Maggie.” It only took a few minutes for their orders to arrive on their tables. Both of them gratefully reached for their cups. “What is ‘the usual’?”, Kaya asked curiously. “White tea. They steep it so perfectly here. You wanna try it?” “Pff... No thank you. I have a bellyful of tea, believe me.” “What? You can’t have a bellyful of tea.” “I promise you that you’ll regret this sentence if you tasted the tea my mother steeps. Just... ew.” Theo’s eyes sparkled. She couldn’t tell whether it was out of joy or because of his allergies. “If you say so.”

They became quiet for a moment. Well, Kaya did. Theo sniffled and cleared his throat repeatedly while drumming a beat with his fingers. As soon as he realized the confused look on Kaya’s he explained: “The music.” She understood and listened closely. “Who is that? Playing this thingy?” “The saxophone?” Theo smiled. “Yeah, that”, Kaya said, slightly embarrassed. “That’s John Coltrane.” “John who?” “John Coltrane? One of the most famous jazz musicians of all time?” Kaya showed no recognition whatsoever. “Girl, you need to catch up.” “I know, I’m sorry. I’ve never been good at music stuff. I can’t play an instrument and I can’t sing for the life of me!” “Everyone can sing.” “Come on, don’t give me that bullshit!” Their laughter bounced of the walls, Theo’s sounding auwfully strained. “Do you play an instrument?”, Kaya wanted to know. “The piano.” “What style do you play?” “Stuff like that”, he referred to the jazz music while still drumming his fingers with it’s beat. “Wow”, Kaya acknowledged the talent she knew he had, taking the first sip of her coffee.

“Mmh, it’s so good. Way better than tea. You have to try.” She stretched the coffee in Theo’s direction. As soon as the steam and it’s scent reached his nose he pulled his head away abruptly, sneezing rapidly. “He’nntshew, Hi’xxh, Hi’xxhh, Hah’ngtchoo, Huh’nggttschoo, Huh’ngtchioo... Ha... he he... Huh’tcxxchiu. Excuse me, so... he... so sorry Heh’yengtshew, ugh. Excuse me again.” Kaya put down her cup, not sure what caused his intense allergy fit. “You okay?”, she asked concerned. Theo nodded vaguely while pulling out a tissue to blow his damp nose. A huge mistake. “Hi hih... He’nnttchi, Heh’ngtshew, Ha’kxxschiu, ugh... Excuse me.”

Kaya felt a pleasant tweak in her red cheeks. It was in that moment her heart completely melted away for Theo. She pulled out a brand new pack of tissues out of her little purse, realizing Theo’s was wet at pretty much every spot. “Take these and stop apologizing.” “Ugh, thagks”, he said, taking the tissues. No, Kaya wasn’t the person to carry a pack of tissues everywhere she went, but yes, she had thought about it for Theo, who seemed so ashamed that he looked around the café to check if anyone else apart from her had noticed his little desperate allergy explosions.

Then, relieved that nobody stared in his direction, he blew and tears streamed down his face. “What happened?”, Kaya inquired, frowning. “Cinnamon happened”, Theo responded with wheezing breaths. He seemed drained and tired. Well, great job, Kaya. “Oh no, I’m so sorry.” “It’s okay. You didn’t know.” “You could have told me.” “No, it’s embarrassing.” Kaya sighed. Theo really had no idea how adorable, kind and overall amazing he was, did he? “It isn’t”, she tried to assure him.
Heh’ngtshew. Sorry.” Kaya smiled. “Bless you.”

- soooo... How was it?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back and I hope you guys like it :) It is a little short but there's a lot more to come. I'm also open to suggestions if you guys have any ;) 

Chapter 6

The next few days went by without any commotion. After the cinnamon-incident Kaya hadn’t really talked to Theo. All she had been doing was sitting on the windowsill of her room and staring into the backyard where he worked. Not that she was a stalker but since Theo had been avoiding her after their date... meeting... whatever, the only right thing for her to do was keeping an eye on him to make sure that he was okay.

So after Kaya had fed her new rabbit Doodles she returned to her task. Theo moved swiftly but carefully and his wild hair bounced around his yellow bandana which seemed to be his trademark. He looked so gorgeous in the sunlight. The sweat dripping from his arms and temples making his brown skin glisten even more.

Suddenly Theo bent together as a coughing fit shook him back and forth. He coughed and coughed while he completely seemed to lose control over his body, stumbling forward, supporting his weight with one trembling arm. Kaya’s heart stopped for a moment.
Because of the little gab of her window she could hear the wet and wheezing breaths that escaped his tight lungs in between his hissing coughs that seemed to wreck him entirely. Unsure what to do and unable to move out of pure shock, Kaya watched the situation unfold right before her eyes. While still gasping for air he pulled out an inhaler that he used three times. Then he sat down, shaking, coughing and panting waiting for the storm to end.

Kaya remembered her best friend Brittany having asthma in elementary school. But as time had passed she had grown out of it unlike Theo. Kaya was just about to get up as she heard her mother call from the kitchen: “Dinner’s ready!” She ran downstairs as fast as she could, determined to get to Theo. But then... “Sweetheart, not so blustery. I’m gonna get him. Just sit down and relax.” Crap. “Okay dad”, she replied while twisting her eyes and making her way to the dining room, hoping that Theo was okay.

A short time later her father returned with a totally normal looking Theo, whose smile beamed in Kaya’s and her mother’s direction. “Kaya, Mrs. McCoy, how are you today?” His voice cracked on almost every word. Before she even had the will to respond her mother whirled: “Honey, I told you it’s Anne!” “I’m sorry, ma’am”, Theo said hoarsely as he took a seat next to Kaya. “How are you?”, he repeated, now directed to her specifically. Without thinking about answering Kaya echoed: “How are you?” It came across more like an accusation than actual worry. It was so loud and uncomprehending that her parents frowned at the question. “I’m good”, Theo replied simply. Kaya didn’t miss the uncertain twitch in his eye.

Dinner was very unspectacular. A lot of clinging from the spoons and a lot of coughing from Theo that didn’t go unnoticed. ”Oh no, you poor little thing”, Kaya’s mother sighed. “You’ve caught a cold in the midst of spring, how unfortunate!” “Not a cold, ma’am. My voice gets like this sometimes, that’s all.”

It literally hurt Kaya listening to Theo speak. So she intervened. She didn’t want him talking so much after that scary asthma attack that she just had witnessed. “Mom, how was work?” “It was good. If I could I would’ve adopted that one cat. It was very cute.” After dinner Kaya went to the front yard and lay down on the hammock with one of her favorite books. The warm sunlight tickled her pale skin and the evening breeze made her smooth hair curl a little. Another uneventful, boring day, she thought disappointed while skipping a few pages rather than actually reading them.

“Heh’ngtshew, Hi’nkktchoo... Hu’cxxschiu, ugh.” Kaya turned around abruptly. “Heading home?”, she asked. Way too loud. Theo jumped, only then recognizing her. “Yeah... and excuse me ‘bout...”, he shrugged, “the sneezing.” “Stop apologizing”, Kaya muttered, once again trying to concentrate on her book. Yeah, maybe she was a little angry that he had been avoiding her. The problem with things like that were that Kaya was - hands down - more than bad at hiding her emotions. There were practically printed right on her face features every time. She was an open book like the one lying on her lap.

“Listen...” Theo stared to the ground. “My roommates are having this thing tonight... a party of some sort. Not a huge fan of that but... maybe you want to come... with me?” Kaya put down her book, surprised. “Is that a date or am I just...” “You’re just imagining things, yes.” Kaya giggled uncontrollably, relieved that Theo still seemed to be interested in her. “I guess yes... yeah, why not? I love parties... I mean... they’re okay.” “Of course.” Theo chuckled with tight, wheezy breaths.

For a moment they became quiet, looking into each other’s eyes. Finally it was Theo who broke the silence. “You’ve got beautiful eyes, Kaya.” Another moment of silence. Indicated by Theo’s statement and Kaya’s subsequent speechlessness. She pictured her eyes inside of her head. Green with a touch of blue and not particularly exciting. How could someone find them pretty?

Ha’nntshioo, Hah’ngtchoo... Heh’yencttshew, ugh. Excuse me, so sorry.” Theo’s sneezing forced Kaya back into reality. A million ants crawled in her entire stomach as she said, anticipation resting in every small part of her existence: "Well, then let’s go!”

- how was it? Hope you are all having a great day 

4 hours ago, glitter_ said:

And of course thank you @Agaba and @M214186 for liking this story. I really appreciate it!!! 😚

You're welcome! It keeps getting better! ❤️

Hello beautiful people! I'm back with another part with Kaya and Theo. Hope you like it!!!

@Agaba thank you for supporting those two :)

@Privatedancer I'm really glad you like to read more of this story!

Chapter 7

“So your subjects are physics and chemistry?” “Yup.” “That’s crazy!” “Well, numbers and formulas always came easy to me, sooo...” Theo shook his head. “How can numbers and formulas come easy to someone? This thought is just insane to me. I mean... I have a hard time calculating one plus one, to be honest.” “I’ll help you with that”, Kaya joked, “It’s two.” “No way, José”, Theo croaked, his vocal chords still awfully strained from the asthma attack he battled an hour ago.

Kaya pondered if she should address his asthma but eventually decided against it. Because she didn’t want to give him the feeling that she had stalked him, nor did she want him to disappear from the scene again... Well, actually that was a good topic to address. “Why have you been so withdrawn these past few days? I thought we had a great time at the café. Did something change?” She could literally hear his head rattling. He sniffled twice, pushed his glasses back into place and said: “Nothing changed... It’s... it’s just...” “What is it?” “Nah, forget it. It’s nothing...”

He stopped in front of a small, gray house. “We’re here. So this is where I...” Kaya grabbed Theo’s shoulder, pulling him closer to her and at the same time turning him to look her deeply into the eyes. “Seriously, Theo! What is it? Are you okay?” While Kaya had never felt more comfortable in her life, Theo seemed to be very tense. “Yeah, I’m fine, what are you talking about? Come on, let’s go inside.”

He freed himself from her grip, but to Kaya it felt like he had not done it. She could still feel their bodies colliding, the heat radiating from Theo’s strong chest, his breath crackling and smelling like vanilla with a touch of asthma medicine and his unique eyes speckling with each clatter a little bit more. It was an experience she would neither forget nor stop cherishing.

Swallowing, she followed Theo into the apartment complex. As he opened the door loud music collapsed like a big wave in front of them. While Theo seemed to hesitate Kaya entered the house right away and it instantly felt like that she was about to experience the atmosphere that she had been searching for this entire time. Since she had moved away she had thought, that there was no chance for any adventures to happen in a village like this. Now she was relieved to find that she had been wrong the whole time.

“That is a hell of a party!”, she screamed vaguely in Theo’s direction. With his thumb raised upwards he responded: “I know! Come with me! I want you to meet my friends!” It took them some time to maneuver through the crowd. Eventually they reached a glass door that exposed a backyard whose space was almost completely occupied by a large pool, which several people with bathing suits encircled. Some of them were holding alcoholic beverages in their hands, laughing euphorically, swimming in the water or kissing each other.

Theo headed for the group on the right, hoarsely saying: “Hey guy, what’s up?” “Ah, Theo is back in da house. My little brother, everyone!” The guy who had greeted Theo pulled him into an effortless and genuine hug. He was a little taller than Theo, had smooth black hair, dark brown eyes and a light skin. “Kaya, this is Marcel. My older brother.” Marcel greeted her with a warm nod that she returned. He didn’t really look like Theo.

“Everyone, meet my friend Kaya. She just moved here recently.” His voice was getting weaker and weaker by the minute. Long story short, it was worrying. Everyone in the group welcomed her, a few of them already a bit tipsy. “So, you two have met at the café.” Theo pointed at Leila and Kaya and they both smiled at each other. He seemed to have bigger inhibitions to make eye contact with his friends and to be open than Kaya had, even though they were all strangers to her.
Theo cleared his throat. “These are my roommates Blake,” - a very tall and thin guy with bright blonde hair and strikingly blue eyes - “Trevor,” - a very short and stocky guy with short brown hair and a friendly body language - “Flora” - also small but skinny with shining red curls, dark green eyes and braces - “and this is Lukas from Germany” - astonishingly similar looking to Blake - “and Niquita from Brazil” - a tall and curvy young woman who was wearing only bright colors.

Niquita was the epitome of the Brazilian beauty. Dark skin, dark olive eyes,  dark frizzy hair, big lashes, thick lips and... an intense perfume. “Oi! My English not so good, sorry. Nice to meet”, Niquita said in a barely understandable accent. “It’s nice to meet you, too”, Kaya replied. Theo smiled tiredly.

While everyone else kept laughing and drinking he switched the language to help Niquita feel more included:  “Diverte-se por enquanto?” “Sim.” “Sou contente de ouvir isto.” “Seu irmão continua fitando-me entretanto. É muito aborrecido.“ Marcel frowned. “O que somente disse?“ Shifting her focus from the talking - not that she had understood anything they had said - to the struggling expression on Theo’s face, she instantly knew that the sweet perfume from Niquita, whom he stood next to, in connection with all the pollen bothered his nose.

As Marcel and Niquita kept flirting in Portuguese, Blake and Flora kissed each other which made the whole group - even Kaya who obviously wasn’t involved - squeak joyfully. Meanwhile Theo absentmindedly wrinkled his nose and sniffed carefully, trying to shake the tickle. He was too polite to move away from Niquita. So instead he kept rubbing his irritated red nose which made wet squelching sounds. The sneeze crept onto the surface and forced Theo to slightly open his mouth. He tried to control his hitching gasps but it was hopeless. He gave in. “Hu... he he, Heh’nnt, Hi’nngtchu, Hah’xxchiu... Hih... Hu’yengtshiew... Hu’ngtschiew, He’ckxchoo, ugh... sinto muito por isso”, he apologized in Portuguese. “Saúde, Gesundheit, Bless you, Theo!“, all his friends blessed him at the same time as if they had already prepared to say it this evening.

Before Theo could reach for a tissue in his pocket his older brother Marcel had already fumbled for one in his jacket. He gave it to his younger brother with concerned eyes that made Kaya worry as well. “You good?” Theo nodded in response, desperately grabbing the tissue to dab at his damp, flaring nostrils. “Need more medicine?”, Marcel asked caringly. Theo shook his head and blew his nose. “Tudo bem?”, he asked once again to be completely sure that he was okay. “Tudo bem”, Theo assured his brother nasally.

Hah’xxh, Ha’xxchio, ugh... excuse me, sorrhe’ngt'schew... sorry.” “Bless you, Theo”, everyone from the group shouted tipsily like they had already been expecting more sneezing from their friend. Marcel patted his brother’s shoulder compassionately. “Always in threes”, he said, smiling pitifully. While Theo nodded, his eyes watering and his nose dripping, Kaya decided to take the initiative to finally put him out of his misery. She pulled him closer and suggested: “Maybe we should go inside, what do you think?” “Actually, that sounds like a brilliant idea”, Marcel supported her. “Nah, I’m good”, Theo refused. He didn’t always need to pretend that he was fine! Because his shaky posture and his tired red eyes told a different story.

Before Kaya could insist she was interrupted by a drunk Trevor. “Yo! You want some liquor?” He handed her a drink. “What is that?” “No idea but it hits hard.” Shrugging, Kaya gulped down the entire liquid. After all, she was here to have some fun, right? 

~ to be continued

• 2 weeks later...

OMG! This is so cool! I'm a brazilian woman so i'm happy to see brazilian characters in stories! 😍 Btw, just a little help with brazilian portuguese! Some sentence constructions doesn't make sense in portuguese, only in english! So, if you replace it with the sentences below, it will be more accurate.

Sou contente de ouvir isto = Bom saber (Good to know)

Diverte-se por enquanto? = Está se divertindo? (Are you having fun?)

Seu irmão continua fitando-me entretanto. É muito aborrecido. = Seu irmão está me encarando, isso é muito chato.  (Your brother is staring at me, this is very annoying.)

O que somente disse? = O que você disse ? (What did you say?)

I'll be waiting for more chapters, I liked the story! 😄😄

@sneeze888 I'm glad you like it :)

@MG_Fluffy This is the coolest thing ever!!! 😍I'm so happy that you've found this story and are happy about the representation of the Brazilian characters in it. Brazil is such a beautiful  and fascinating country and I'm so glad you are enjoying it, not only because of cultural diversity but also because of language accuracy. 😉Unfortunately I don't have access to edit my mistakes (online translaters are not the most reliable source 😂) but whenever you see something incorrect, I would be very thankful if you would share your language skills with us. That would be a huge enrichment to the story and everyone reading it!!! I did more research on the Portuguese in this part so hopefully it'll be a little bit better, fingers crossed. I'm from Germany, so at least nobody has to worry about the accuracy of any possible German parts in the future!

Without further ado. Here comes the next part with Kayla and Theo. It is a little than the others, I think. Hope you guys like it!!! :)

Chapter 8

A few moments later Kaya could feel everything starting to spin. Trevor was right. Whatever had been in that drink hit hard. The familiar feeling of being drunk set in. Her arms and legs turned warm, everything around her became a blur and she got hyperactive.

“Does anyone wanna dance?! I wanna dance”, she shouted and Trevor as well as Niquita joined her immediately. “Theo, don’t you wanna dance with me?” Yeah, she definitely was too brave when drunk. Marcel chuckled, pinching his younger brother playfully. Theo just rolled his eyes. “Dancing sounds like a great idea, Kaya, but maybe not for you right now.” Kaya laughed hysterically. “Oh come on! Don’t be such a buzzkill!” Ugh, Lord have mercy. She maybe was one of the world’s most annoying human beings on alcohol. Unfortunately she knew it but couldn’t change anything about it.

“Yeah, Theo. Don’t be such a buzzkill”, Marcel teased him while walking over to Niquita once again. These two literally behaved like two human magnets. He took her by the hand, silently whispering: “Vamos.” Niquita giggled while she let Marcel drag her onto the dance floor. Unlike his brother, Theo still didn’t really seem to be impressed by the idea.
Since Marcel had given him the tissue he hadn’t put it down. He kept rubbing at his nose fiercely, trying to end his malaise. His allergies weakened him enormously. More than normal allergies probably should. Anyway, drunk Kaya was very offended because he didn’t want to dance with her. “Okay then,”, she huffed, “I’ll leave you and your hayfever alone and I’ll go dance with Trevor.”

Sorry, sorry, sorry, her sober self practically screamed in her head but she didn’t let it talk. Instead she turned around, signaling Trevor to come along, who didn’t think twice about his actions. He followed her. They both entered the house as the upbeat music changed to a slower, more emotional song. Now Kaya didn’t think twice about her actions. She pulled Trevor closer. Yeah, she could be that desperate.

As the song progressed, Kaya was starting to feel Trevor’s alcoholic breath meeting hers. It was a lot stronger and more consistent than Theo’s. It was... not right. She sighed when the music became fast again, relieved that she could step away from her dancing partner.

“Want some more to drink?!”, Trevor slurred over the noise. She simply nodded, taking the liquor from his hands and drinking it. It tasted much worse than the last drink she had, sour and bitter, which made her face contract in disgust.

Afterwards they returned to dancing... well, in that case, it would probably be considered as staggering. Kaya could feel the bass booming in her chest and her sweaty back touching the sweaty backs of other people. Even though the music continued to be loud she saw Marcel and Niquita still dancing intimately. Kaya couldn’t exactly describe what it was but the way the two of them moved their arms, their legs, their hips while always staying close, was one of the smoothest, most heartfelt things she had ever experienced.

Flora’s touch pulled Kaya out of her trance. “Hey! You guys wanna go swimming?”, she shouted over the loudness of the music. They both nodded simultaneously, following the young woman with red hair outside. Marcel and Niquita kept dancing. They didn’t seem to be too interested in Flora’s idea.

As soon as they were outside Kaya’s eyes literally rushed to Theo who was sitting in the corner with Leila and Lukas, having a relaxed conversation. He threw his head back and laughed heartily with them. Then he carefully reached out to touch one of Leila’s many face tatoos, still smiling. Kaya’s usually pale cheeks flushed to a bright red color in a matter of seconds. While Flora and her boyfriend Blake, as well as Trevor jumped into the pool, so that the water splashed over the rim, Kaya undressed herself furiously.

She felt the alcohol slosh in her stomach and she knew for sure that if her jealousy wouldn’t spur her on, she would’ve probably tipped over the next moment. Stripped down to her underwear, Kaya clumsily let herself fall into the water. As she emerged, she could feel Theo’s concerned gaze on her body. While she laughed drunkenly at the attention she suddenly got from him, he walked over to her, kneeling down at the edge.

“Kaya, what are you doing? Get out of the water!” “Why should I?”, she teased. “Because you’re drunk.” He tried to grab her by the shoulders but she freed herself from his grasp. “So is Trevor. What is your point right now?”, Kaya slurred. “I’m not responsible for him.” “Oh yeah? But you are for me?”, she giggled, liking the thought of him feeling the need to protect her. God, she was a mess when drunk.

She started to spatter Theo with water, her arms whirling around uncontrollably during the process. He backed off, pure horror engraved on his face. “Stop that and get the hell outta there. That’s dangerous.” For some inexplicable reason Kaya found this whole situation way funnier than she should. She laughed. “Why so sappy, Theo? If you’re that interested in me, you might as well just join me.” Yeah, she could be that clingy.

While she continued to laugh for no apparent reason, she reached for Theo’s sweatshirt. “Come on already”, she pressured, drawing him closer to the edge. He resisted more than she had expected him to. A jerky movement from her hands finally brought him out of balance. Theo slipped and splashed in the pool right next to her.

Kaya laughed even more now, though that wasn’t really possible, both theoretically and physically. Theo appeared on the surface, his one hand holding his glasses, which had slipped from his nose while he had been pulled into the water, his other hand wildly rubbing the wetness from his face. As a reaction to Theo’s submergence all of his friends cheered happily. They became even more excited when Kaya jumped towards their friend, embracing him.

“Great, just great”, Theo murmured breathily. “Come on, let’s get outta here, so I can get you some warm clothes and a jug of water.” “But I don’t want to. I wanna have some more fun with the others”, Kaya whined. “I know”, Theo smiled, putting his glasses aside and lifting her up. His gentle movements were so warm and full of respect that she let herself sink deeper into them, accepting her boring fate because it meant being carried and - most importantly - touched by Theo.

The cheers from his friends turned into whistling and roaring. He responded to their noise with annoyed head-shaking. First he put Kaya down on the rim of the pool. Then he got out himself, taking only a short amount of time to find her a soft towel and a big glass of water. He helped her wrap the towel around her shivering frame and get up. Afterwards he slowly led her to a chair on the side where she could sit down. Finally he got himself a chair, that he positioned as close to her as possible.

Maybe to watch out for her or something, no clue. Kaya had to concentrate on preventing her head from starting to spin again. She was so focused that - at first - she didn’t notice Theo clearing his throat and sniffling excessively. It wasn’t until she heard his hitching breaths she realized something was wrong.

He... hi hih... Heh, Heh’xxchoo, Hu’xxshiuu... Huh’nkktschoo... Hih’ngtxx, Hah’ngtxc’shiew, Ha’nctxxshew, snf... Heh’yachoo, Hu’kischoo, Kischoo... Ha’eshiew, Hah’eschew, HA’ACHOO... snf hi hih... HEH’YATSCHIEW, He’ngtshi, Huh’nntchioo, ugh... excuhuse he... ugh, excuse me.” The huge sneezing fit had left Theo a miserable sniffling, wheezing, coughing mess. All he could do to control his body fluids was helplessly pressing a tissue against his running nose as best as he could. His shoulders moved up and down with each exhausting, whistling gasp.

“Bless you”, his friends bombarded him. In their drunken state they all seemed to have lost their common sense, because even though Kaya didn’t know Theo for a very long time she knew that if he didn’t stifle or at least half-stifle, his allergies must be out of control, big-time. Although Kaya hadn’t lost all of her brain cells like the others, she was also drunk, so that everything she was able to suggest was: “Maybe you should get yourself a towel, too.” Well done, Kaya, just... well done!

Snf... I’m good... Dohon’t hi... Don’t worry about me right hu huh... right now... excuse me...” He held up his finger in the typical wait-signal, before burying his face in his elbow again. “Hi’jencxxtshiew, Hih’yangtxxch, Hu’xxhchiu.” His brother was right. They really always came in threes.

Heh’ngt, -xxh, -xxschew”, he sneezed again, this time more rapidly, with every hectic intake of air bending so forcefully, that Kaya was starting to feel the massive extent of energy leaving his body each time he tried to release the tickle. Shit! What was wrong with him? Even though nobody from his friends seemed to notice his sneezes anymore, Kaya could feel Theo trying his hardest to regulate the volume of his nose and throat irritations by pinching his crawling nose to stop sneezing and fastening his uneven breath to stop coughing.

Still, it didn’t work because a few seconds later his efforts resolved in a harsh coughing fit, which was followed by wheezy inhaling. “He he... heh, Huh’xxkchioo, Ha’xxhschew... Hu'ngcttshiew, ugh... sorry.” Theo blew his nose softly, which made wet gurgling noises. While he was busy removing his allergic tears with the back of his hand, Kaya felt powerless. She just didn’t know how to help him, especially in her current state. After all, she didn’t even know what was causing his intense problems.

In that moment Marcel and Niquita came outside, exhausted but ecstatic all the same. If the alcohol hadn’t forced a communication blockade on Kaya she would’ve just drawn attention to Theo’s misery but she just didn’t have the strength. Fortunately Theo drew attention to it unintentionally. “Hah’kxxschoo... Huh’ngtchiu, Hih’xxsh, ugh... sorry.”

Marcel frowned and walked over to his brother while Kaya cheered internally. “Saúde. Don’t always stifle like that, bro. You know that’s not good for you.” As he came closer to Theo his concern for him seemed to grow. “Why are you wet? You went in the water?” Theo nodded, revealing his face, which was all swollen and puffy. Marcel’s eyes reflected nothing but fear. Now Niquita also frowned. “O que se passa?”, she asked worried, looking at Marcel. “Vai lá para dentro!”, he told her. His thoughts were already with his little brother.

“Mas Marcel... Eu...” “Mais tarde”, he more or less shouted in Niquita’s direction which made her twitch and back off in response. Stressed, Marcel knelt down before Theo. “Who did this to you? Huh?” “It’s okay, don’t make a scene”, Theo croaked, wincing at the roughness of his voice. He clearly was in pain. “WHO DID THIS?! HUH?!” Kaya got scared. She would rather vanish than confess. “Marcel, calm down”, Theo begged, his voice as sore as sandpaper. Kaya couldn’t recognize the honey-like tone it. “WHO DID THIS?! YOU ALL KNOW HE’S HELLA ALLERGIC TO CHLORINE!!!” If only Kaya had known! She would’ve never pulled him into the water if she had known. Never.

Everyone around stared at Marcel, how he was raging and yelling. They seemed shocked, almost like they had just woken up from a deep slumber. Theo’s older brother shook his head, disappointed in every one of his friends. “Yeah, whatever. Vamos!” Marcel helped his brother get up. "Obrigado", Theo thanked him, being wracked by a bout of coughing seconds later. He had to lean on his brother to not drop onto the floor. That's how drained he was.Together they slowly went inside the house, leaving Kaya behind. She felt guilty. Very guilty. It was the last emotion she felt before the blur around her returned, stronger than ever. Overwhelmed, she sunk in the chair, closing her eyes to stop the world from spinning. Then she passed out.

~ I'll continue this and even though I already know what will happen next, I'm open to suggestions. Maybe I can integrate them into the story.

• 2 weeks later...

@PennyLane I'm so glad you enjoy it!!!

Here is another part. There is not much sneezing in it, but I promise there will be way more in the next part. Hope you guys like it!

Chapter 9

Kaya woke up to the sound of whispering. It was early in the morning. The sun was just about to rise. The first thing she felt was her head throbbing in pain and her eyes burning like fire. Only now she remembered the events of last night. She turned uncomfortably in the bed, shifting the sheets from one side to another.

As she patted herself down she realized that her clothes from yesterday had been switched with baggy pants and a black hoodie that all of the sudden made her sweat like shit. As she rose into a sitting position the whispering got louder. “She’s awake”, she heard someone mumble. It was so quiet that she couldn’t identify if she knew the owner of the voice or not.

Ignoring everything around her, Kaya took off the hoodie, so a green top, which she also didn’t recognize and was way too big, appeared. She threw the hoodie to the other side of the room, which made her temples pulsate. Kaya sighed, letting herself drop on the bed again, unaware, that a single action could exhaust her that much.

“Hey! You okay there?” Now she could identify the voice. It was Lukas, whom she got to know at the party yesterday. His German Accent was unmistakable. “Yeah, m’okay”, she responded. It sounded more than forced. “Good”, Leila said, relieved. “You been sleeping well?”, Lukas continued with the questions. Kaya nodded weakly. “You need something to drink or to eat?” She shook her head. “Are you sure you’re alright?”, Leila wanted to know.

So many questions that made Kaya’s head hurt even more. The light became brighter and brighter with every minute. It was honestly a bit much to endure. All those things at once and everything she was able to get out as an answer was: “Theo...?” “He’s fine”, Lukas assured her with a little smirk. Unfortunately his words didn’t help letting her guilt and her worry disappear.

As he and Leila returned to talk quietly to each other, Kaya got confused. She collected all the energy, she had in her, and opened her eyes widely. She saw Trevor lying on a bed like herself and Blake and Flora lying at the middle of the floor on mattresses like Leila and Lukas.

It took her another two hours to come to terms with the shitty feeling her hangover caused. It was long enough for the others to wake up and the sun to shine to it’s fullest in the meantime. While Leila and Lukas continued to have some deep conversation on their purposes in life Trevor, Blake and Flora acted just like Kaya, all grumpy and tired.

“Guys, you look great”, Leila tried to cheer them up with a joke. Long story short. It didn’t work. “I’ll never drink again, ever”, Trevor said in a surly manner. “Well, you’ve come to that decision a million times before”, Flora clarified. “Not true!” “Trevor”, Blake jumped in, “remember last weekend?” This statement seemed to end the whole discussion.

Giggling, Kaya got up. “Well, I need to eat something. Can someone maybe show me the kitchen?” They all laughed heartily and Kaya instantly felt welcome. “Finally someone, who speaks my language”, Lukas joked, getting up. It didn’t take him long to convince the others to get up as well.

Making their way down the stairs Kaya could already smell where the kitchen was. Flora jumped excitedly, despite her obvious hangover. “Marcel is making breakfast!” Literally everyone’s face lit up. As they arrived in the kitchen Kaya could see Marcel and Niquita cutting fruits, breaking eggs into a pan and controlling the oven.

“Bom dia!”, they both chirped happily. “Good morning!”, everyone responded, already beginning to praise their cooking skills. Kaya, on the other hand, only had one thing, or rather one person, on her mind. “Where’s Theo?”, she asked, cutting with her words through their words like a knife. Marcel raised on eyebrow. “He’s upstairs. Will probably come down for breakfast, we’ll see." Probably? Kaya tried to calm herself. What was that supposed to mean? She didn’t want to sneak into the business of other people. Not that she had the right to do so, especially with people she hadn’t known for so long. While Marcel and Niquita finished breakfast, the rest of them sat down, letting themselves be served by those two. The meal truly looked delicious. Pancakes, fruit salad, porridge, scrambled eggs and fresh bread.

All of them greedily attacked the food like hungry lions that hadn’t eaten for days. Kaya forgot about Theo for one second as she tore off a peace of bread and stuffed it in her mouth. “Mmh... What is that? It’s so good!”, Kaya said with her mouth full. Everyone else agreed by nodding enthusiastically, too involved in eating to properly speak. “Pão de queijo. Typical Brazilian food”, Niquita explained. “Yeah, it’s a Brazilian speciality”, Marcel added, looking at Niquita with a proud smile.

“It’s really good!”, Kaya said once again, understanding why everyone was so hyped about Marcel preparing the breakfast. “Das ist wirklich das beste Frühstück, das ich seit Langem gegessen habe”, Lukas admitted in German. “Dude, nobody understands. I’m not Theo, remember?”, Marcel clarified. Lukas almost choked on a piece of apple, because he had to laugh. “So sorry, confuses me every time.” “I know”, Marcel laughed with him.

Now, Kaya was confused. “Why can’t you speak German? Aren’t you and Theo brothers?” “Halfbrothers. Same dad, different moms”, Marcel explained. That was why they didn’t look alike! Now it made sense.

“So... you were born in Brazil?” “Yup, grew up there as well.” “Where exactly?” “Manaus.” “Isn’t that right next to the Amazon?” Marcel nodded. “And you, Niquita? Where are you from? From Manaus as well?”, Kaya wanted to know. “No, I come...” ”...from...”, Trevor helped. “Yes, thanks. I come from São Paulo”, she said in a thick Brazilian accent.

HU’RRUSCHOO, HUH’RRATSCHU, ugh... felt this coming on for ages.” “Bless you, man. You okay?”, Blake asked Marcel after his two loud, sudden sneezes. “Snf... Yeah, I think it’s hayfever or somethin’.” “You have hayfever?”, Leila asked surprised. Marcel shrugged. “No clue actually. I never got tested.” “Talvez seja genético?”, Niquita  mentioned. “Eu não acho”, Marcel replied.

“What did you guys say?”, Kaya wanted to know. “Niquita said, that hayfever might run in my family, but I don’t think so, because mine, if I even have it, is much milder than Theo’s. And I don’t think my dad had it.” “Had?!

Silence settled in the group and Kaya instantly wished, that her mouth could be controlled at certain times. Everyone chewed on their food, much more  depressed than before. It was as if someone had flipped an imaginary switch. The happiness to spend time with good friends, the euphoria because of Marcel’s breakfast, gone, in a matter of seconds.

Kaya’s heart dropped to the floor as she understood. “Yeah, whatever”, Marcel said shakily. Not able to think clearly for a moment, Kaya stood up, leaving her plate unfinished. “Where is your bathroom?” “Over there.” Kaya followed Blake’s finger, running upstairs.

~ to be continued

• 3 weeks later...

@Bencutio you're so sweet! :) And thank you for reading the story and supporting it.

I'm here with the next part. Hope you guys enjoy! I would welcome some feedback and/or suggestions...

Chapter 10

Hectically Kaya pushed down the door handle as she realized that the bathroom was locked. A few seconds later she knew why. “He’gxxxchiu, Heh’ngtshx... Hu’kxxschoo.” She let herself touch the wall, slowly sliding to a sitting position.

While she listened to more sneezing which was punctuated with some frantic rustling once and again, she tried to process the information Marcel just unintentionally gave her. Deep inside she felt like shouting, like... like wriggling.

Whenever she found out something unfair, something that made her question being strictly Christian, Kaya wanted to freak out and blame everyone and everything that had nothing to do with this injustice, like right now, pretty much.

But instead of shouting, wriggling and blaming, she just sat there, staring into empty space, not realizing her own tears were wetting the floor. If she could not rely on good human beings getting what they deserve, she had nothing else to hold on to.

She was so caught up in her own world that she didn’t notice the door unlocking. As Theo stepped outside the bathroom Kaya jumped. For a Moment they both stared at each other. Kaya only felt the tears on her cheeks when it already was too late.

Theo, despite looking absolutely miserable, instantly changed into comfort-mode. “Are you okay? What is going on?” He kneeled down to her, sniffling. Kaya fiercely rubbed her eyes dry, mad at herself for making such a scene. After all, she grieved for a man she had never met in her entire life.

“Yeah, m’okay... just...” Come on, Kaya, be smart. ”Just period cramps.” Pfff... “Oh shit... This bad? You want me to steep you some tea...? Right, you hate tea. What about a hot-water bottle or... or a painkiller? Wait here... I’m gohonna he, hi get you... Hih’xschoo... Ha’ggttshiew, Hah’ngdtchiu... both. Stay right here.” Before Theo could get up, Kaya grabbed his hand, stopping him from leaving her side.

“They’re not that bad, honestly.” She looked at his face, which portrayed all of his emotions. It was the most expressive thing Kaya had ever seen and it was able to say more than words ever could. He seemed torn between staying with her or continuing with his plan. He wasn’t sure whether or not he could believe her.

“If they are not that bad then why are you crying?”, he asked leaning onto the wall next to her. Well... Good point. “I can be a little over-dramatic at times. Don’t interpret too much into it.” “Will do, snf.” Theo chuckled, deep and throaty, which made Kaya melt inside.

Only now she noticed that they were touching. Not coincidentally. For a few seconds they became completely silent. It was that silence, that Kaya hadn’t known she could ever like before she met Theo. It was pleasant and peaceful.

Then she felt things beginning to shift. Since their shoulders were touching she felt his muscles tensing, his chest twitching. Theo brought his elbow up just in time. “Hu’xxchoo, Heh’ngtshiew... Hih’kktschu, ugh. Excuse me, sorry.”

Goose bumps consumed her whole body as she each sneeze ripped through Theo’s body with a strength that got carried to her. It was almost like the energy from his sneezes prickled in her stomach like a thousand butterflies. After that moment of pure appreciation she remembered the events of last night and the energy left her completely. The only thing that lasted was the terrible guilt she had taken with her to sleep.

Kaya pushed the bathroom door open and reached for some toilet paper by almost dislocating her neck. “Thagks”, Theo managed as she gave it to him, blowing as softly as he could. “Are your allergies so bad because I pulled you in the pool?”, she asked concerned. “Doe... Snf... No, that’s not hte reason, really. I’m just sneezy in the morning, that’s all... Honestly, I’m impressed you remember that”, Theo smirked.

“Very funny...” Kaya rolled her eyes. “I wasn’t that drunk.” “Well, I don’t wanna say anything, but...” “I’m sorry, young man, but if you think I was drunk yesterday you don’t know what that term even means.” Kaya laughed. Theo didn’t. “I don’t drink”, he explained, dry and short. It was a clear sign to change the topic.

Confused, she searched for a new one and finding it rather quickly by the help of Theo. “Ha’jengtchew, Hah’yexxschoo... Hih’nntshew, ugh. Excuse me.” That energy, it was back. It hit her abruptly with the intensity of a gun shot. Each time he uncontrollably bent forward it grew in her. It was... indescribable. Kaya quickly shook her head. Without letting herself get distracted by this weird, unfamiliar feeling, she concentrated on her worry for Theo.

“Stop apologizing. By the way, you always keep changing the topic. You sure it’s not the chlorine getting to you?”, Kaya wanted to know. “I told you...”, Theo sighed, “It has nothing to do with the chlorine. Marcel and I took care of that.” “How?” “Stuffed myself full with allergy meds.” “But why are you still...” “Sneezing?” Kaya nodded. She could tell Theo wasn’t happy with the conversation. His honey voice seemed edgy.

“Dunno”, he answered, “must be the morning in combination with all the pollen stuff. It was pretty bad the last days.” Kaya nodded again. Now she was torn. She didn’t know if she could trust Theo or not. But since he seemed to trust her with her period cramps, even though that was clearly a lie, she decided to trust him, too.

Kaya turned to Theo again and only now realized she must’ve been so deep in her thoughts that she hadn’t noticed him looking at her. Although she wasn’t standing, her knees became weak. She had to stretch out her legs so that he couldn’t see them shaking. Suddenly she heard his beautiful voice in her head, that complimented her eyes. Now looking into his, that compliment was obviously pathetic. His sparkled brighter than the galaxy and were darker than the night sky. Combined with his shy smile, that made his freckles dance on his brown cheeks, and his unruly hair he was too gorgeous for words.

After a long while her eyes were the one’s to break the contact, hiking down to his pink snub nose, where one little stripe of snot shimmered from his left nostril. Without thinking twice, Kaya grabbed the toilet paper in Theo’s hand, softly wiping his snot away.

As an answer he smiled thankfully, but also a little uncertainly. As a bodily reaction he sneezed, nostrils flaring wildly, breath hitching desperately,  elbow catching. “He, hi... hih... Heh’ngtshx. Sorry, snf.” “Bless you”, Kaya whispered, pulse rising to astronomical heights. Carefully, she moved closer to Theo, leaning her head on his shoulder which rose and sunk unsteadily.
After a while of more silence she felt his head on top of hers. “Period cramps better?” “Much better”, Kaya giggled. “Allergies better?” “Much better”, Theo replied. For some weird reason Kaya had to think about her ex-boyfriend Sebastian.

He had never been there for her when she had needed him, never had had an open ear and - even more important - an open heart for any of her concerns. He had been hard and judging, never spending time with her because he wanted to, only when he needed to.
Long story short: He was nothing like the man she was entwined with right now. Because Theo listened, understood, worried and was willing to give everything he had. Because he was gentle, oh so gentle. Maybe he wasn’t what Kaya wanted at first sight like Sebastian, but he definitely was what she needed.

“You like my roommates?” Theo’s question brought her back to reality. “They’re so nice!” “Yeah, and huge party animals”, he said derogatorily. “Like me!”, she said playfully. “Ugh, not another one of those.” “I’m sorry. I can’t do anything against my rebellious phase. Everything my parents hate is interesting.” Theo laughed and his shoulder jumped up and down. Even though Kaya didn’t want to she suddenly interrupted the touch, straightening up out of pure shock. Theo seemed to notice because he immediately stopped laughing. “What is... heh, He’xxh... He’xxschioo, Huh’ngtdschi, sorry. What is wrong?” Kaya turned to him, eyes wide. “My parents!”

did you like it? hope you're all having a great day!!!