Sneeze Fetish Forum

Alex & Elliot

castiel_angel

• 3 months later...

yes, believe it or not Iโ€™m back from the shadows and am ready to continue this! I honestly forgot all about this story, but what kind of person would I be to not finish it? All that aside, I hope you take my late excuse for a continuation and enjoy!

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

X part 8ย 

Alex couldnโ€™t figure out for the life of him what Calculus equations could tell him about his future career. He also couldnโ€™t figure out for the life of him why Elliot insisted on carrying this stupidย joke on when clearly he wasnโ€™t in the mood. Heโ€™d joked around with him before, sure, but always knew where the line was drawn and always kept far away from crossing it.ย 

Alex glanced at the board ahead of him, his vision not really focusing on anything; the numbers written in the formulas looking more like ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs than the material for the test coming up. Resting his head in his arms heโ€™d figured heโ€™d cross that bridge when the night before the test arrived. In the mean time, heโ€™d focus on how badly his head hurt, and why his friends seemed to hate him, and more presently, the itch that buzzed through his nose. He rubbed the underside of his nose in efforts to stop the stubborn itch, but instead it persisted with a vengeance, like a mosquito buzzing in your ear almost as if to taunt you.ย 

Finally, he gave in; partly because his ego was far past being shot down by embarrassment already, but mostly because he was too tired to really care.ย 

โ€œhโ€™ePSHHโ€™ieww!โ€ย 

He coughed lightly afterwards, carefully sniffing as not to cause any more outbursts.ย (Not that it mattered anymore anyways, as his hopes of maintaining his pride had slipped out the window long ago.)

He heard a few โ€œbless youโ€™sโ€ echo from around the classroom, and muttered a quiet โ€œthanks,โ€ as his cheeks burned hot from embarrassment. He blamed it on a fever, but deep inside he knew better.ย 

A cold glare from the Calc teacher did not go unnoticed, and he slid deeper into his seat hoping to God that there wouldnโ€™t be anymore disruptions coming from his nasal passages. This, unfortunately, was truly out of his control. Not six minutes after the prior disruption, that nagging tickle returned, causing Alex to inhale sharply.ย 

Fuck. He hated the attention of being sick, especially when it was clearly resented by the teacher standing in front of him.

He squeezed his eyes shutย and fluttered them open, but the tickle remained like child who wanted ice cream. At this point he didnโ€™t know who the bigger betrayer was; his stupid nose or Elliot. As the tickle increased to the point of unbearableness he was leaningย towards the side of his nose, but Elliotโ€™s actions were not forgotten.ย 

โ€œhโ€”huhโ€”โ€œ Alex clamped a hand over his nose, trying to put an end to the impending fit that was sure to come. Much to hisย dismay, this was a battle of who was strongest, and Alex was shortly put down in defeat.ย 

โ€œhโ€™tsh!โ€ Alex attempted to stifle the first one out of courtesy, but it still managed to sound loud against the stone-coldย silence of the classroom.ย 

โ€œhโ€™TSHhโ€™EWW! hโ€”hโ€™eshhโ€™EW! hโ€™tshhโ€™EWWโ€ย 

He wanted to sink even lower into his chair, but at that rate heโ€™d be flat on the floor. He brushed his dark hair out of his eyes and groaned to himself. Why did he have no control over his body? God, his classmates definitely thought he was disgusting at this point. Why shouldnโ€™t they?ย 

Alex regretted sneaking to school. Sure, he ate, breathed, and slept all things soccer; but at the moment his nose was clogged to the point where he barely could breathe, and the thought of eating made his stomach nauseous.

When the bell that signaled school had officially ended rung, he thought he mightโ€™ve been hearing things.He got up out of his chair and slung his backpack over his shoulder, eager to get out of the classroom and onto the field.ย 

โ€œAh, not so fast Mr. Lawson. Iโ€™d like you to see me at my desk before you dismiss yourself,โ€ the teacher, Mrs. Montgomery, called out to the feverish boy.

Alex sighed internally, and walked up to the teacherโ€™s desk. She eyed him up and down expectantly. Finally, after a momentโ€™s pause she cleared her throat and spoke.

โ€I have a pass written out for you to make up the test,โ€ Mrs. Montgomery says, looking just as rigid up close as she appears from the back row of the classroom. Alex momentarily wondered if she were made of stone, before realizing the matter in front of him.ย 

โ€œI thought we didnโ€™t have a test until Friday?โ€”โ€œย 

โ€œMr. Lawson, forgive my terminology, but you are more or less a snotty mess at the moment.โ€ As if to further prove her point, Alex turned away from Mrs. Montgomeryโ€™s desk in preparation.

โ€hโ€™ESHHโ€™eww!โ€ hโ€™tshhโ€™EWW! hโ€™ hโ€™tshh!โ€ย 

โ€œSorry,โ€ Alex mumbled. His teacher gestured towards the tissue box on the corner of her deskย in a way that was definitely more of a command than a suggestion. He pulled a white square out of the box and quickly swiped it underย his nose.ย 

โ€œI do believe youโ€™ve done far more sneezing than listening in my class today, therefore Iโ€™m going to write you this pass and youโ€™re going to take it,โ€ Mrs. Montgomery said.

โ€How can I make up a testย we didnโ€™t even take yet?โ€ Alex questioned with a cough.

There was a pause as he watched his teacher scribble on a yellow slip of paper, confused as to what meaning wasย behind this gesture.

โ€Given your, uh, current state I donโ€™t expect to see you for the rest of the week. Iโ€™ll see you for the test makeup on Monday,โ€ Mrs. Montgomery said, face still the same expressionless stone it had been before.ย 

He took the yellow slip from her, dumbfounded. Was she being....nice?ย 

โ€œGo along and rest up now, I donโ€™t want your germs in this air longer than they have to be,โ€ she said, though her tone was a shade lighter.ย 

Alex listened, turning to head out the door.ย 

โ€œThank you,โ€ Alex called back, but Mrs. Montgomery had goneย back to grading papers.

He headed to his locker, noticing that it was cracked open slightly. He wasnโ€™t surprised, as the lockers had to have been just as old as the school building itself; metal rusting and paint chipping to reveal the scratches and scrapes of its prior owners.ย 

Upon opening the door, however, he learned that there was a far different reason for his locker being opened than the lockerโ€™s deteriorating condition. He saw a bag of caramel cremes resting on top of his book stack, a sign he couldโ€™ve spotted from anywhere. Whenever he or Elliot needed to apologize but didnโ€™t know how to say it they used caramel cremes. It was a peace offering no doubtโ€”but Alex didnโ€™t know if he was ready to accept it.ย 

He was angry at Elliot. I mean, he had every reason to be; Elliot had lied to him and on top of that is continuing to play the sick card like Alex was supposed to believe it. ย As if.

Even through his anger Alex knew if Elliot had sent caramel cremes then he definitely wanted to talk. Liar or not, Alexย had to respect that wish. Pulling out his phone he left a message for the other boy.

Meet me by the bleachers at 3:30. And cut the crap, Iโ€™m not in the mood. โ€”Aย 

โ€œhโ€™itsshโ€™EWW! hโ€™psshtโ€™EWW!โ€

His head ached in protest, and it took almost all the energy he had left in him to close up his locker and head down the hall.ย 

The conversation with Elliot was waiting there for him whether he liked it or not. He knew he had to get it over with, but the sting of hurt that pulsed through his chest reminded him of the feeling of betrayal from his friend. This thought remained in his mind the entire walk to the bleachers like gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe.ย 

The bleachers of the field came into view. Alex inhaled and exhaled. Here goes nothing.

Alex reached the meeting spot and glanced at his phone. 3:31. Heย began to wonder if the other boy would blow him off. At the rate things were going with him, heย couldnโ€™t say heโ€™d be surprised.ย 

3:32. This was getting a bit unsettling. Alex watched a few students walk by, but none of them were his sandy-haired, bright-eyed friend. Heย slid down to sit on the floor, soon heโ€™d have to head home to get ready for his soccer game later that evening.ย 

3:33. Alex searched the area thoroughly once more. Still no Elliot. Heย didnโ€™t think there were any other bleachers in the school to really get confused with. Perhaps he was running late. Yes that was it, he was just running late. Forgot his homework maybe, or got stopped by a teacher in the hallway to talk about a project.ย 

3:34. By this time Alex knew that everyone in the school would be long gone on their way home, save for a few students participating in a club or a few teachers still grading papers or preparing for the next day.ย 

3:35. This was getting a bit annoying. Sure, being five minutes late wasnโ€™t that big of a deal, but Alex knew Elliot was rarely late for much, especially when it had to deal with them having a conversation.

3:36. Alex felt a tickle building in his nose. โ€œhโ€™ETSHHโ€™ew! hโ€”huhโ€™SHHโ€™ieWW!โ€ He heard the explosion echo through the empty field, indicating he was most definitely alone.ย 

3:37. Seven minutesย late was almost unnatural for his normally very punctual friend. Alex was beginning to feel like a pound of bricks was laying on his chest, challenging him to breathe with each inhale. He coughed, struggling to catch his breath. Why was he even waiting anyways? Elliot was the one who needed to apologize and explain himself, yet he was nowhere to be found. This was it...his so-called friend had blown him off for something more important.

Alex grabbed his backpack and hopped back up onto his feet, having to grab onto the base of the bleachers until his vision became clear. He was getting out here and away from mounding school work and fake friends. He tried to make things better and reach out, but it was all for nothing.

He grabbed his car keys and headed out to the parking lot. His and only a few cars were left. He was just about to slide in to the driverโ€™s side when he noticed something on the ground ahead of him. Had someone dropped a bag?

He went over to investigate the item, but upon closer inspection Alexโ€™s heart dropped to his stomach. It wasโ€”

โ€œElliot?!โ€ Alex called out, heart racing.ย 

ย 

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Hope everyone enjoyed! See you in a bit for the final part!ย 

Edited by castiel_angel
16 hours ago, Seeker said:

:jawdrop:noooooo cliffhanger!!! Ahhhh I love this, I can barely wait for the next part, even if it is the lastย :bawl:

I figure I better wrap it up because I have an idea for a new one! Weโ€™ll see though...maybe it will need another part ;)ย 

8 hours ago, ickydog2006 said:

Noooo, need more

it might be toย to wrap this one up as Iโ€™ve failed to update it so much, but Iโ€™m sooooo happy you love it ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ’— who knows, maybe Iโ€™ll need to throw in another part or two!

• 2 months later...

Screeeeeeee! Iโ€™ve been keeping track of this one for a while, canโ€™t believe I hadnโ€™t seen the update. Please continue as soon as it is convenient for you, I love your story and characters!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 2:57 AM, Puzzle said:

This is getting even better! Canโ€™t wait for the next part!!!

thank you so much! Ughhh I hate that I dropped this, but Iโ€™m excited to be backย 

On 1/23/2021 at 12:28 PM, 2SHY222 said:

GAAAAAH! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

your wish is my command!!

On 4/18/2021 at 5:33 PM, Diamond_Promise said:

Screeeeeeee! Iโ€™ve been keeping track of this one for a while, canโ€™t believe I hadnโ€™t seen the update. Please continue as soon as it is convenient for you, I love your story and characters!

This made my day!! Iโ€™m so so glad you like the way the story developed! Iโ€™m super sorry this is so lateโ€”Iโ€™ll do my best moving forward to be on top of it ๐Ÿ’•

last part!! Honestly I forgot all about this story, but I couldnโ€™t just leave you guys without an ending so without further ado, hereโ€™s the last part of this story!

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

X Part 9

ย 

โ€œElliot๏ปฟ๏ปฟ?!โ€ Alex called out, heart racing. ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ

Alex ran over to his friend, kneeling next to him to get a better look at the unconscious boy. He looked fine other than the overall tired look that rested on his features. This wasnโ€™t like an โ€œI pulled an all-nighter to study for finalsโ€ kind of tired, but more like a deep-rooted fatigue that sat sat heavy in every fiber of the body.

Alex wanted to feel angry, really he did, but he couldnโ€™t seem to find a way to be mad. He hated being mad at Elliot; no matter how pissed off he was nothing was worse than the feeling of loneliness. It was like peanut butter without the jelly. Lemon without the lime. An Oreo without cream. It just doesnโ€™t work. Loneliness is scarier than ghosts or the monster under the bed. Loneliness was real.ย 

Alex glanced at his friend and decided to try and get him up. The gravel of the parking lot couldnโ€™t be very comfortable and it was getting late. He carefully wrapped an arm around Elliotโ€™s neck and placed a supporting hand on his back, sitting him up carefully. Alex felt an itch swell in his nose, which reminded him that he was still sick. He was still supporting the full weight of Elliot and did his best to hold back the inevitable.ย 

โ€œ hโ€™ihโ€”hโ€™โ€”h-huhโ€”โ€œ

Alex felt his grip tighten on his friend, clamping a hand against his nose in attempt to quell the growing itch.

โ€œhuhโ€”hโ€™โ€”Iโ€™m sโ€”hih-sorry, Elliotโ€”hiihโ€”

Alex did his best to turn away from his friend, bringing his sweatshirt sleeve up to his nose.

โ€hโ€”hโ€™itSHHHโ€™eww! huh-hโ€™KSHHโ€™ieWW! hโ€”hโ€™ihhโ€”damn it...โ€

Alex sniffed quietly and coughed into his shoulder. His head was starting to ache, and all he wanted to do was lay in bed with the covers pulled up over his head. Unfortunately he was neither at home or on the way home. Suddenly the tickle that got stuck before came back with a vengeance, barely giving Alex enough time to turn away at all.

โ€œhโ€™ITSSSHHโ€™ieww!โ€ย 

The force of the sneeze caused Alex to rock forward, bringing Elliot with him. Alex wiped his nose on his sleeve; a distasteful choice for sure, but without tissues there wasnโ€™t many other options. Just then Alex felt Elliot stir next to him. Slowly, the boy blinked his eyes open, brows knitting together at his surroundings.ย 

โ€œAlex?โ€ He asked in a small voice.ย 

โ€œElliot, Iโ€™m so glad youโ€™re awakeโ€”I, um, Iโ€™m sorry about our fight, ok? I didnโ€™t mean for things to end up this way, and Iโ€™m sorry for the things I said, andโ€”โ€œ

He stopped his rambling when he noticed Elliotโ€™s face screwed up in discomfort.

โ€Hey, is everything okay, El?โ€ Alex glanced nervously at his friend, giving him a once-over.ย 

โ€œYeah, it just hurts,โ€ he said a little breathlessly, wincing as he tried to sit up further.

โ€I hate to say it, but youโ€™re gonna need to be a bit clearer. What hurts?โ€ย 

โ€œItโ€™s mainly in my r-huh-ribsโ€”hโ€™KSHhh! Shit,โ€ Elliot said, gritting his teeth as he grabbed his midsection in pain.ย 

For a split-second Alex felt his blood boil at Elliot, but as he examined his features he didnโ€™t see someone who was faking an illness. He saw real pain, from the way his face creased and the way his eyes glazed over. Could it have beenโ€”Elliot was actually sick?ย 

The realization hit him like a pile of bricks. This whole time...he was the problem. Not Elliot, not soccer, not school. It was him.ย 

โ€œBless you,โ€ Alex murmured out guiltily.ย 

โ€œThags,โ€ Elliot mumbled out congestedly. He attempted to get up, but Alex gently pushed him back down, worried that his friend would end up back on the ground again if he wasnโ€™t careful.

โ€Relax, El. I donโ€™t want to see you back on the concrete again,โ€ Alex said in a hushed,ย soothing tone; carding his fingers through the dark blondeโ€™s hair. Elliot visibly relaxed at the contact, relieving Alex.

โ€œAlex-huhโ€”I-I nee-hihโ€”need toโ€”โ€œย 

Alex turned to look at Elliot, not sure what his friend was trying to say. Was he going to...cry? Alex hoped that he wasnโ€™t. Not that he wouldnโ€™t comfort Elliot if he does, but with the weight of guilt on his shoulders he wasnโ€™t sure how much more he could bear.ย 

Elliot tried his best to push away from Alex as the tickle in his nose intensified,ย but if anything it made p the brunette hold him tighter.ย 

โ€œItโ€™s okay, El. You donโ€™t have to be upset, I got you,โ€ Alex whispered gently.

โ€N-no, Alex, you d-huhโ€”donโ€™t understand. I huh-hโ€™hโ€”have tโ€”hโ€™tshh! hโ€™ETSshhโ€™eww! hโ€™ptsSHH! hโ€”hโ€™KSHHโ€™eww!โ€ย 

Elliot groaned in the aftermath, giving a liquid sniff as if to punctuate the fit. His ribs hurt horribly, and his head felt like someone was jackhammering right into it like a construction zone.ย 

โ€œBless you,โ€ Alex said, now understanding why his friend was so persistent on moving away.ย 

โ€œGod, โ€˜m sorry Iโ€™m such a disgusting mess. You probably hate me even more right now,โ€ Elliot said with a sniff. He genuinely looked upset, and all Alex wanted to do was give the boy a hug.

โ€Donโ€™t say that, Elliot. You canโ€™t help not feelinโ€”huhโ€”feeling well,โ€ Alex did his best to bite back the sneeze, rubbing at his nose a few times to stop the growing itch. Elliot watched as his friend fought the inevitable; Alex rubbed his nose a few more times before turning away briefly.

โ€œhโ€™ktsch! hโ€™nxtshh!โ€ย 

Alex resumed what he was doing as if nothing had happened at all.ย 

โ€œYouโ€™re still not feeling well, huh?โ€ Elliot said, the question coming out more like a statement. Anyone with two eyes could see that Alex was still not well, but of course he was choosing to be stubborn about it.

โ€Hm? What makes you say that?โ€ Alex asked innocently. The truth was, he felt like he gotย hit byย an 18-wheeler two times over, but he couldnโ€™t let Elliot know that. Not after what he did.

Before Elliot could reply to him, Alex got to his feet, helping himย up carefully. Elliot winced in pain, not going unnoticed by Alex, before forcing himself to stand.ย 

โ€œhโ€™ETSHhhโ€™ieww!โ€ The sneeze head taken Elliot by surprise, causing him to stumble forward. Alex grabbed onto him before he fell, snaking an arm around his waist to help keep him upright.

โ€Woah there, you sure youโ€™re okay?โ€ Alex asked, gooey chocolate eyes glancing nervously up and down his friend. Alex wasnโ€™t sure he genuinely had the strength to keep supporting Elliot, but he somehow found the energy to get the sick boy into the car.

โ€Better then ever,โ€ Elliot said with a cough, sinking into the car seat tiredly. Alex noticed how he placed an arm protectively over his mid-section, face contorted with pain.

โ€Hey, El, mind if I take a quick look at that?โ€ Alex asked, gesturing toward the spot his hand was covering. Elliot moved it reluctantly, not too keen on going through any more pain. To Alex, Elliot looked on the verge of passing out from exhaustion, but he knew that this needed to be taken care of before he let it get worse.

โ€Sorry to say it but youโ€™re gonna have to take your shirt off so I can get a better look,โ€ Alex said with a frown. He noticed a pink blush spreading across Elliotโ€™sย cheeks, no doubt a fever; heโ€™d have to deal with that later.

Alex felt the pull of sleep lure him deeper into the puddle of exhaustion, but he fought hard to stay afloat. He had no other choice, his friend needed him.

โ€hurts,โ€ he mumbled tiredly, pointing to a slightly bruised area on his ribs.ย 

โ€œI can see why,โ€ Alex said, glancing at the injury, โ€œyou mustโ€™ve hit yourself hard when you fell.โ€ย 

โ€œhmmm...maybe,โ€ Elliot said, allowing his eyes to flutter closed. Alex watched his complexion smooth out, his chest rising and falling with each breath.ย 

Alex felt a prickle in the back of his nose. This time instead of fighting the impending itch he let it happen, hoping by doing this heโ€™d make far less of a show.

โ€hโ€”hโ€™etschh! hโ€™tsSHHโ€™eww!โ€ย 

Alex sniffed inwardly. His attempt to quiet his sneezing failed miserably, but thankfully Elliot hasnโ€™t noticed. He made a mental note to bandage Elliotโ€™s ribs when they got home so the poor kid wouldnโ€™t make things worse for himself.ย 

The drive home was silent, and Alex was all but on the verge of falling asleep at the wheel before he heard shuffling in the backseat, followed by a curse and hitching breaths.

โ€œhโ€™eisSHHโ€™uu! hโ€”hโ€™tSSHโ€™eww! Shitโ€”โ€œhihโ€™ETSCHโ€™uu!โ€ย 

โ€œGeez, bless you,โ€ Alex said, now wide awake and alert. He cleared his throat softly, keeping his eyes trained on the road ahead.ย 

โ€œThags. Are we almbostย hobe?โ€ Elliot asked, sounding rather congested.

โ€œShortly. Are you okay?โ€ Alex asked with a yawn. God, why was he so tired?ย 

โ€œ โ€˜m fide.ย How aboudtย you? Youโ€™re dnotย lookigย tooย hodtย yourself.โ€ย 

โ€œProbably still shaking whatโ€™s left of my cold from last week. Besides, I didnโ€™t get much sleep last night.โ€

That was in fact a lie, as Alex had all but passed out as soon as he got home from school and didnโ€™t wake up until the following morning. Not that he would ever admit that of course, but it really didnโ€™t matter. He had Elliot to look out for right now; there was no time to be sick.ย 

โ€œIf you say so,โ€ Elliot said with a sigh. He had a feeling Alex wasnโ€™t as โ€œfineโ€ as he made out to be, but he didnโ€™t want to push it after what happened before.

โ€hโ€™tshhโ€™EWW!โ€ Elliot ducked into his sleeve, remaining there for a moment in case the tickle returned.ย 

โ€œbless you,โ€ Alex said, pulling into the driveway of his house slightly crooked. On a good day he wasnโ€™t the greatest parker, and todayโ€™s chaos was no exception.ย 

โ€œWeโ€™re here,โ€ Alex said to his backseat passenger, who simply groaned in response.ย 

โ€œWell donโ€™t get too excited,โ€ Alex muttered, getting out of the car to help Elliot inside. With some strength, balance, and a few unrepeatable phrases the boys made it inside; though at this point it was a little unclear who was supporting who.ย 

Alex adjusted the thermostat up a few notches, setting Elliot up on his couch with a pillow and his bed comforter.ย 

โ€œIs that better?โ€ Alex asked Elliot, โ€œSorry it isnโ€™t youโ€™re home, but I didnโ€™t want to leave you there unattended while youโ€™re family is out of town.โ€

โ€Thanks, Alex, I mean it,โ€ Elliot said, breath suddenly catching.

โ€œhโ€™ETSHhโ€™ieww! hโ€”huhโ€™etSHHโ€™eww!โ€

โ€œBless you!โ€ Alex called from the kitchen. He returned carrying a dose of meds, tissues, and a steaming mug of tea.

โ€hโ€™eshhโ€™eww!โ€ย 

โ€œAnd again,โ€ he said, setting down the supplies. Once Elliot seemed to have everything he needed for the time being and began to doze off,ย Alex decided to shut his eyes for a bit as well, and sunk into an arm chair near the couch where Elliot was.ย It would only be for a moment or two, and he was so tired he wasnโ€™t sure if he could keep his eyes open for much longer if he tried.ย 

As luck would have it, those few moments turned into overnight. Alex awoke abruptly to sunlight streaming into the window. He tried to sit up, but winced at the soreness in his neck. Apparently a chair wasnโ€™t the best place to fall asleep. ย He glanced at the clock, shocked to see it was already 10:30 in the morning. He overslept...big time.ย 

Alex had then noticed that Elliot was gone from the couch. Curiously, he padded out to the kitchen to find Elliot making breakfast for the two of them.

โ€Elliot? What are you doing up?โ€ Alex asked with a yawn.

โ€œI felt a bit better so I decided to cook us some breakfast,โ€ he replied. Alex noted that some color had returned back to his face, and his voice was far clearer than yesterday.ย 

โ€œhโ€™tsSHHโ€™ieww! hโ€™ESHโ€™eww! โ€˜kSHโ€™eww!โ€ Alex shot Elliot a skeptical glance.

โ€œI swear I feel better than I look,โ€ he said with a small smile.

โ€As long as youโ€™re not pushing yourself too hard, El.โ€

โ€I promise Iโ€™m not. Hungry?โ€ Elliot asked, gesturing to the pan of scrambled eggs he made.

โ€Starving,โ€ Alex said, though his stomach tied in knots at the thought of food. To be honest he really wanted to curl back up and go to sleep, but after a 12 hour โ€œnapโ€ that would look far to suspicious.ย 

Alex picked at his eggs, mostly pushing them around with his fork. He didnโ€™t want to hurt Elliotโ€™s feelings, after all, he did go out of his way to make breakfast, but he also didnโ€™t know how much more food he could handle.ย 

As if his prayers were answered, Elliot left to go to the bathroom, leaving Alex alone for a moment. He carefully scraped his eggs into the garbage, placing his now-emptyย plate in the sink. His nose had been buzzing all morning, but he took his moment of privacy to his advantage as he felt his breath begin to hitch.

ย โ€œhโ€”huhโ€™ITSHHโ€™eww! hihโ€™tSHโ€™ieww! hโ€™ktshh! huhโ€”hโ€™ITSchhโ€™eWW!โ€ย 

โ€œBless you.โ€

Alex turned around, surprised to see Elliot.ย 

โ€œThanks. I really need to dust around here more. My allergies are acting up like crazy,โ€ he said with a forced smile. Elliot approached Alex, resting the back of his hand on Alexโ€™s forehead.

โ€Youโ€™re burning up,โ€ Elliot said with a frown, โ€œYouโ€™re not feeling too great, are you?โ€ He asked, shining blue eyes pouring into his gaze. Alex knew he couldnโ€™t lie any longer.

โ€œNo...I just didnโ€™t want you to worry about me when you were sick,โ€ Alex said with a sniff.

โ€Alex, no matter how sick I am I always want to help you in any way I can,โ€ Elliot said with a sad smile.

โ€Hey, Elliot why d-hihโ€”did you eโ€”hโ€™TSHHโ€™eww! Sorry. Why did you ever fake being sick anyways?โ€ Alex asked, coughing lightly.ย 

โ€œBless you. Well, when you were being stubborn about being sick and insisted on going to school and playing soccer still I knew I had to do something. I thought that maybe if Iโ€”hโ€™eshhโ€™iew! Maybe if I pretended to get sick you would have to slow down more and look after yourself better.โ€ย 

โ€œDamn, bless you. I think between the two of us weโ€™ve sneezed a million times,โ€ Alex said, face already once more screwed up in a pre-sneeze expression.

โ€hโ€™ISHhhโ€™iew!โ€ย 

โ€œMake that a million in one,โ€ Elliot said with a smirk, tossing the tissue box off of the counter to Alex.ย 

โ€œElliot...Iโ€™m sorry Iโ€™m such a horrible friend. I never shouldโ€™ve doubted you,โ€ Alex said, breaking off into a cough. When it didnโ€™t let up, Elliot filled a cup with water and handed it to Alex, rubbing soothing circles into his back.

โ€And I shouldโ€™ve never doubted that you need some meds in you,โ€ Elliot said, grabbing a dose for himself while he was at it.

โ€What do you say we camp out on the couch and be miserable together?โ€ Elliot proposed.

โ€Donโ€™t mind if I do,โ€ Alex said, flopping onto to the couch with a groan. His head was absolutely pounding, and heโ€™d gone through more tissues in the last hour than he could count.ย 

Elliot joined him, gasping at the pain in his ribs as he sat down.

โ€God, weโ€™re like a pair of invalids right now,โ€ Alex said with a laugh that quickly turned into a cough.ย 

โ€œYou can say that again,โ€ Elliot said with a sigh. His nose itchedย for the hundredth time that day, and his body ached at the thought of succumbing to yet another bought of sneezing.

โ€hโ€™esSHHโ€™eww! ItSHHโ€™eww! huhโ€”hโ€™aiSHHโ€™uu!โ€

โ€œBless you,โ€ Alex mumbled, half asleep. In a rough and tumble fight between darkness and light, darkness had one; sleep washing over him like the tide of the ocean, swallowing him in deeper and deeper. His chest rose and fell with each breath.

โ€Goodnight,โ€ Elliot had whispered.

But Alex was already asleep. Elliot smiled to himself thoughtfully. Even through the thick of it all, things ended up okay in the end. They always did. Like the tide of the ocean; swallowing you in but always safely returning you to shore.ย 

Elliot closed his eyes. Things would be fine after all. He had his best friend back into his life, and for that he couldnโ€™t be more grateful.ย 
ย 

END

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

a/n:

thank you so much for sticking with me through this story. Now that I have some time off Iโ€™m ready to commit more time to writing, so if you have any awesome ideas for the next story feel free to shoot themย my way! As always, I hope you enjoyed! Thank you so much, lots of love to you all! ๐Ÿ˜˜
ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by castiel_angel

So Iโ€™m in love. With your written children and their lovely friendship/relationship and them taking care of each other. Thank you so much for your work and for finishing this story!ย 
ย 

Iโ€™ve continuously looked forward to your updates so thanks for bringing me that joy and having such an interesting plot!

• 3 months later...