Sneeze Fetish Forum

Explanations For The Fetish

Saimou

I’ve been wondering, if one possible explanation for the fetish (specifically in the case, where it’s developed during or after the teenage years) could be evolutionary, since honeymoon rhinitis (or sexually induced sneezing) is a thing. In this theory, sneezing could indicate that the sneezer might be thinking about sexual things, and thus, more susceptible for such activities, and thus, sneezing could act a bit like the pheromones of insects, so getting turned on by sneezing could be evolutionarily advantageous. Of course I do realize that there are far more likely causes of sneezing (like illness or allergies), this is just a random thought.

Saimou

interesting. ive never heard of honeymoon rhinitis until now. One thing to keep in mind is that for a lot of people the fetish starts before teen years. like as long as they could remember. but that's still a good idea

I always thought that "honeymoon rhinitis", was just something they came up with for stories and not a real thing! it would kinda suck for those who got it if it where a real thing. I mean it could be fun sometimes to someone who has the fetish, but even then it could become a real problem even then. I hope it's not a real thing! 

honeymoon rhinitis has not played a significant role in human evolution, it's far too rare to have had any markable impact, which is to say sneezing is not a secondary sexual characteristic like breasts are.

it's commonly thought that fetishes develop due to assiciations made while the sexual part of the psyche is still developing, or that they're due to some overlapping neurological signals somewhere in the brain

47 minutes ago, Kurn'la said:

I always thought that "honeymoon rhinitis", was just something they came up with for stories and not a real thing! it would kinda suck for those who got it if it where a real thing. I mean it could be fun sometimes to someone who has the fetish, but even then it could become a real problem even then. I hope it's not a real thing! 

it's a real condition, it's caused by the "arousal" of the nasal tissues being triggered by the same signals as sexual arousal-- that is to say the nasal walls get all swollen and tingly just like another part might, in people who have this rare condition

Like Q said, that is a very unlikely explanation due to how uncommon honeymoon rhinitis is. Like who knows, maybe for someone there is a connection there but that would likely be a case of personal experience with honeymoon rhinitis making that person associate sneezing with arousal? I doubt there is a single explanation that could be applied to every individual who has the fetish though, unless we are dealing with very generic level explanations that could be used for a number of things (such as "your brain's just wired like that" lmao). 

I know what it is I just thought it was a story thing I pity those people who have to live like that. I heard of a  weird condition in women where they have like 50 orgasms a day for some unknown reason and I at first thought it was like some kind of joke video when I first saw it too. but then they talked to some women who have the condition and I found I pity the women who have it. it must be hell trying to live even close to a normal life with that type of thing (in either case) 

15 hours ago, iojo said:

interesting. ive never heard of honeymoon rhinitis until now. One thing to keep in mind is that for a lot of people the fetish starts before teen years. like as long as they could remember. but that's still a good idea

I’m actually one of the people, whose fetish started way before my teen years, so that perspective is very familiar for me. :)

11 hours ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

honeymoon rhinitis has not played a significant role in human evolution, it's far too rare to have had any markable impact, which is to say sneezing is not a secondary sexual characteristic like breasts are.

it's commonly thought that fetishes develop due to assiciations made while the sexual part of the psyche is still developing, or that they're due to some overlapping neurological signals somewhere in the brain

8 hours ago, Sitruuna said:

Like Q said, that is a very unlikely explanation due to how uncommon honeymoon rhinitis is. Like who knows, maybe for someone there is a connection there but that would likely be a case of personal experience with honeymoon rhinitis making that person associate sneezing with arousal? I doubt there is a single explanation that could be applied to every individual who has the fetish though, unless we are dealing with very generic level explanations that could be used for a number of things (such as "your brain's just wired like that" lmao). 

I agree that the more explanatory power a given explanation has, the fewer cases it’s applicable to. I’m also one of those people, who’s had the fetish for as long as I can remember, so I’m pretty positive that that’s not the case, at least for me. I also agree that honeymoon rhinitis is far too rare to have a profound impact (as proven by Kurn’la’s response of not having even heard of it), and I made note in my original post that this is pretty much just random speculation for fun. Interesting, and very agreeable, views, though. :)

I had heard of it (honeymoon rhinitis) ] in stories and understood the concept, I just assumed that such a thing could not actually exist outside of fiction stories, the fact it does actually exist is something I find troubling, because those who would have such a condition. would probably be miserable because of it. like the women I mentioned with that condition, where they are constantly having orgasms for some unknown reason. those women who have that condition are pretty much in misery all the time. I think honeymoon rhinitis people would feel miserable pretty soon from it.

7 hours ago, Kurn'la said:

I had heard of it (honeymoon rhinitis) ] in stories and understood the concept, I just assumed that such a thing could not actually exist outside of fiction stories, the fact it does actually exist is something I find troubling, because those who would have such a condition. would probably be miserable because of it. like the women I mentioned with that condition, where they are constantly having orgasms for some unknown reason. those women who have that condition are pretty much in misery all the time. I think honeymoon rhinitis people would feel miserable pretty soon from it.

I... don't think those are comparable conditions? I'm not sure what you are imagine/how you think honeymoon rhinitis is irl. 

On 6/14/2020 at 6:39 AM, Sitruuna said:

I... don't think those are comparable conditions? I'm not sure what you are imagine/how you think honeymoon rhinitis is irl. 

I agree 100%. Those women with the ”orgasm-condition” are definitely pretty miserable all the time, I believe. However, I, myself, have a bit of a honeymoon rhinitis, and it’s not half bad: I just occasionally sneeze once or twice, when thinking about sexual thoughts, and I have no other symptoms, so I kind of fail to grasp, why it would be a miserable condition any more, than say, the photic sneeze reflex, which I also have (a mild version of it).