Sneeze Fetish Forum

Fiction

prisma

Hey just a question for those who read fetish fiction. How important are "sounds" of sneezing in the piece.

Are you still able to enjoy the work if there are no spelled out sneezes? Or are they imperative. And for those of you that write how many of you DON'T use spellings in your stories?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, prisma said:

Hey just a question for those who read fetish fiction. How important are "sounds" of sneezing in the piece.

Are you still able to enjoy the work if there are no spelled out sneezes? Or are they imperative. And for those of you that write how many of you DON'T use spellings in your stories?

Thanks

to me the quality of the writing is much more important than whether the sneeze is spelled out or not! all else being equal i slightly prefer written out sneeze to described sneeze in fiction.

tho in a more visual medium like a comic or sneeze art if it isn't written somewhere it does detract from my experience of the piece! dunno why the difference lol

I actually prefer it if not every sneeze is spelled out.   I like the spelled out sneezes, but they get kind of monotonous when they’re over used.   It’s And like Q said, it’s about the Quality of the writing for me, not just the sneezing.  It’s also about the story.    Some stories, Ive used exclusively spellings, some I’ve used none, and others it’s a mix.  I’m currently working on trying to describe the sneezes as well.

Edited by aggedy_ann

As said before, it depends on the quality of the writing, but it's kind of underwhelming when there aren't any spelled out sneezes. Just reading the phrase "They sneezed" is kind of boring for me, I prefer knowing how it sounds and the hitches preceding it.

I can work with either spellings or description all though I do prefer good describing only over only spellings. Like I can't really get behind most spellings I see if I try to think of the sounds represented by the letters and I instead view them as visual depictions of the sneeze, sort of? I sort of gloss over the spellings, pick up some of the letters to use as a base sound and take in the rest as a sort of... landscape... idk how to explain it better. But I don't really create spellings like that when writing myself? If I do spell out sneezes I just go for something that I think should capture the base sound because that's all that I can think of how to depict. I tend to do a mix of description and spelling out sneezes because I find it easier like that since it's like... instant variation in how things are written..? 

For me it's better if they include spellings, since I know how the sneezes sound, if they're loud or not, stifled or let outs

I’m picky about sneeze spellings, so I prefer stories with little to no sneeze spellings and ample descriptions.

• 2 weeks later...

While the quality of the writing does matter a lot to me, spelled out sneezes are something I find important and are a factor I very much consider when reading a story. If the sneezes are not spelled out I would probably enjoy the story way less than if they are.

23 minutes ago, Likesn said:

While the quality of the writing does matter a lot to me, spelled out sneezes are something I find important and are a factor I very much consider when reading a story. If the sneezes are not spelled out I would probably enjoy the story way less than if they are.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Spelling out sneezes is pretty important for me, which is what allows a lot of good quality writing to really leap off the pages. I also love all the details that lead up to the sneeze, such as the hitches, facial descriptions, the buildup, body movements, among other things.

I'm a simple person: I glance over a story, find the first sneeze spelling I can see, and if I don't like it, I don't even start reading 💁 I have my own preferences for the sound (like all of us), which instantly trigger me to get attracted or not to somebody, and the same goes for fiction.

Used very well they can be a good thing in my view. Usually I skip reading them, especially if there are more than maybe 1-3. The fact that there is a sneeze is not very interesting to me on its own, my interest is heavily oriented towards cold/contagion stuff so those aspects tend to matter much more than sound. After that comes the ability to picture the scene. If however, there is good setup with everything else I want in a description of a sneeze, spelled out sound can add to my mental picture of the scene.

For my own writing I tried a bit to add spelling after people suggested it but found it difficult to get anything that is not too repetitive. Since its not a part of writing I enjoy much I haven't put more effort into it since, preferring to focus on conveying the sense and feel of a scene as best I can.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:52 AM, peach_princess said:

I'm a simple person: I glance over a story, find the first sneeze spelling I can see, and if I don't like it, I don't even start reading 💁 I have my own preferences for the sound (like all of us), which instantly trigger me to get attracted or not to somebody, and the same goes for fiction.

Seconding this!

Spelling is super important (for me); in all honesty, I won't bother with a story that doesn't include them but I THINK this has to do with the fact that I'm a visual person, if you're not, it probably wouldn't be a necessity..

• 2 weeks later...

I think these days I would prefer the sneezes to not be spelled out most of the time. I can also be pretty particular about this and a story where they aren't spelled out but has described the sneezes pretty well, gives me the freedom to imagine them how I want them. The majority of stories on here to have them spelled out though and if they aren't to my liking, then I don't really get much out of it. In the last several years most of the stories I've written have not had them spelled out partly for this reason, but also partly because I was starting to find doing it exhausting, and as I mentioned in another thread I was also cross-posting stuff to other sites and I felt more comfortable doing so without spelled out sneezes.

The main exception these days is the RP I do with my RP partner. Spelled out sneezes seems to be her preference so I just go with it and I generally don't mind the way she spells them out. Since we have a weird arrangement where we take turns playing some of the characters, I've done my best to spell the sneezes in a similar style to hers for continuity, but there probably is a noticeable, if subtle, difference between how she spells them and I do. Then again, maybe no one else would notice because they haven't studied the writing as much as I have.

Edited by Shay