Sneeze Fetish Forum

sneezing/causes discussion thread

•.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.•

i was thinking about it and like. okay we can all agree sneeze hot. what i was wondering is if the thing that causes the person to sneeze needs to be hot too in order for the sneeze to be enjoyable? 

like, there are the obvious causes. dust, allergies, cold, feathers, etc. okay we can all pretty much agree that those are good. 

but like, what if something unsexy causes a person to sneeze? is it still hot? like if someone sneezes bc of a floral scent it is pretty much agreed that that is hot and good (by people who like scent as a cause for sneezing) but if someone sneezes bc something smells fucking awful like idk, something rotten that their roomate left in the trash or whatever, does that ruin the sneeze's hotness or is it still hot bc it's still a sneeze?

discuss?

I think this will depend a lot on personal preferences? Like I'm sure there are people out there who will find a sneeze hot regardless of the cause (as I am sure there are people who will find your example of an unsexy cause very sexy indeed lmao) but that's probably not a universal sneeze fetish experience. 

I'm really not the right person to share my person feelings on the subject though since for me it's like... the order of things is [cause] - > [symptom] by default since I don't have fetish for any individual symptom but the thing causing them..? so an unsexy cause would by default mean the symptoms, be it sneezing or something else, are also unsexy in that context. 

I was actually just thinking about this earlier. Most non-harmful sneeze causes are perfectly fine with me, but bad smells are definitely a turn-off for me. I think at least in my case, the cause of the sneeze doesn't have to be sexy for the sneeze to be sexy, but it can't be unsexy, otherwise that ruins it. I suspect it's because at least on some level I can't just completely tune the unsexy part out, and especially since the vast majority of sneeze causes I can think of are at least neutral in my opinion, I'd definitely prefer to just stick with those.

I'll second that and say I think it's mostly personal preference. I definitely think some causes are better than others, but, at the end of the day, I think the sneeze itself is enjoyable in isolation. If something disgusting or unattractive caused it, I might not be able to enjoy the sneeze because I'm distracted by the thing, but the sneeze itself would still be good. My one possible exception is illness, but that, again, is just personal preference.

It depends. In general, I don't want the cause of the sneeze to be unpleasant. But I don't find germs and contagion hot so that would mean I wouldn't like sneezes caused by colds, but I do. (what I have an issue with when it comes to colds are exactly that, germs, contagion, and also the non-nasal symptoms, particularly coughing, but I'm working on it. But cold sneezes themselves have always been hot to me.). And in reverse, I can actually find certain things that cause sneezing arousing in themselves (blooming trees, the scent of grass, dust or pollen whirling in the air, certain feather or flower aesthetics).

It's, like, if it's someone I really want to see sneeze, goddamnit, I'd take anything! Difference I guess is that if I'm there too, in a setting with, for example, the smell of rotten meat, I'm likely to feel so nauseous that "snez hot" is probably the last thing on my mind. :lol: 

There was a time when a friend of mine had a pretty spectacular sneezing fit. But it was because she had gotten an insect up her nose. So you were just waiting for a disgusting bug (literal bug) to come out of her nose the whole time she was sneezing, and that was... not so hot. :lol: 

Edited by Chanel_no5

I definitely will be extra turned off if the cause is something unpleasant. I don't want to make a list because I don't even want to think about it in detail, but those instances are worse than neutral for me and ultimately pretty disturbing. If something aside from the usual ends up inducing a sneeze, I don't wanna hear about it!

glad i'm not alone tbh! i also feel like if the stimulus is unsexy it makes the whole sneeze ruined. i was thinking about it bc i was remembering this one obs i saw a few years ago where.... well something similar to the situation that sitruuna described, and i was wondering like. was i the only one who thought that was actlly more nightmarish than sexy? happy that i'm among good company about that and similar ideas 

For me, cause is definitely a big part and makes or breaks the sneeze. 

To list it from my absolute favourite down to "not gonna complain, it's a sneeze and aName enjoyed it":

1, Cartoonish feather induced sneezes. (definitely rare and/or unrealistic so this is mostly in fics I guess) 

2, allergy and illness. 

3, purposefully induced (q-tip/chhinkni etc) 

• 5 weeks later...

I once had an encounter with a young woman who was working at a shoe store who sneezed quite a few times while she was waiting on me.  She and the store manager said that the smell of sheer nylon socks and stockings made her sneeze a lot sometimes.  That might be considered a smell some might find objectionable.  I mostly just thought it was funny because her sneezes came in a long series of multiples.

I'm in the camp of "if it's a sneeze it's a sneeze". In the hypothetical posted by Q, I'd still find it sexy... even if, in person, I would be revolted as rottimg foods gross me out and I don't want to be near them. Thr cause is gross but the sneeze is still hot. Then again, I am also a legit germaphobe, would never be caught near a sick person yet I enjoy the hell out of listening to cold sneezes and even listening to people complaining about cold symptoms. Like, really enjoy :upsidedwnsmiley: I'm apparently not alone in that. 

In fact, I can't think of a scenario that would 100% completely take away my enjoyment of a sneeze. That's how much it pushes my button :sweatdrop:

• 1 year later...

Oh I definitely have a turn off. When consent issues come in, I do not like it. That includes intentional contagion, and sneeze torture.

On a less serious side, I hate seeing my favourite characters induce or have the fetish. I don't know why but it ruins the spectator appeal.

I almost cannot stand induced sneezes where the person has control over the action. Part of the fetish for me is the complete lack of control and helplessness. Without it, the act is almost disappointing for me. 
A sneeze is a sneeze, sure, but I would much rather prefer a person being caught off guard or unable to control what was happening to them.

• 2 weeks later...

honestly usually a sneeze is a sneeze for me bc i'm attracted to the sound of the sneeze that's a big part of the fetish

but the part that crosses the line is when the person sneezing is in pain or sneezing against their will like being forced to by someone else. it just makes me uneasy

To me, the sneezing is always hot.  The cause depends on the situation.  Like the rotten smells or nylon examples given above are more interesting, because they are not natural things that make someone sneeze. So, it's more curiosity with something like that. But definitely not seeing someone in pain.

On 10/9/2021 at 1:22 AM, MysteryGirl said:

A sneeze is a sneeze, sure, but I would much rather prefer a person being caught off guard or unable to control what was happening to them.

This captures my own preferences very well. I do like induced sneezing in certain specific circumstances, but that lack of control piece is what makes me love allergy sneezes so much. When someone is sneezing and sneezing and desperately wants it to end but the tickle just won’t go away…that’s my ideal. 

Although, my love for “out of control” sneezes ends when it’s non-consensual inducing or other sneeze torture. That’s a big turn off for me. 

I have specific turn-offs for causes (especially colds, though… sick-fic with characters I adore is kind of appealing), and some mild turn-ons (dust and feathers are nice), but cause isn’t really the most important factor for me I guess? For me it’s all about the build-up, resistance and helplessness (though I find nonconsensual inducing/sneeze torture a turn-off), and how the person sneezing feels.