Sneeze Fetish Forum

Reluctant CatSitter

aggedy_ann

it takes awhile before there’s any sneezing or allergies at all, but it’ll make up for it in later parts.  

“Look, Alex, I need a huge favor.” Tim had said.  He and Ethan were going away for a 4 day weekend, and he needed someone to watch Cashew.  “I know you’re allergic,” he pleaded, “ we’ve asked everybody else.  Can you take him for the weekend?”

Alex had hesitated.  It wasn’t that he didn’t want to.  It was more, he didn’t want to spend his holiday weekend sneezing with itchy eyes and a runny nose.  He had his daughter, and he just knew if they took the cat for the weekend, she’d be begging him and Alyssa to get one.  The absolute Last thing he wanted.

“Let me check with Lyss.” He sighed.  “I’ll call you back.”

Alyssa, of course, had left the decision up to him.  “I’m not making the decision; you’re the one who’s allergic,” she told him.  

Sighing, he called Tim back and agreed to take him, wondering just what he was getting himself into.

Tim had dropped the cat off Friday morning…food, litter box, toys and all.   After directions on the care and feeding of Cashew, he and Ethan were off for their getaway.  

Alex looked at the cat warily.  “Just stay away from me, ok.” He ordered, taking a step back as the cat began to rub up against his legs.  

Cashew mrowed at him.  Alex couldn’t tell if he was agreeing or if it was a mrow of defiance.  

He headed into the kitchen where Alyssa and Kristin were making lunch, sighing as he looked back to see Cashew following him.

Kristin saw the cat and darted towards it.  Startled, Cashew dashed back towards the living room.   

“I think you need to move slower, Kris,” Alyssa said, “let him get used to you.”

Alex sighed.  He had a feeling it was going to be a long weekend.  

“Doors are shut for your office, the bedroom and the basement,” Alyssa whispered, noticing his sigh.  “Gives you a place to hide out.”

He smiled.  It’d be nice to have a cat free place to go, but it would interfere with spending time with his daughter.   Why did he let Tim talk him into this?

Given that his house was much larger than Tim’s one bedroom apartment, it took bit longer before his allergies hit.

He noticed the itchy eyes awhile after lunch, watching a movie with Alyssa and Kristin, Kristin with the cat curled up on her lap, purring as she petted it.  Setting his glasses on the arm of the couch, he scrubbed at his eyes.  Alyssa noticed and sent him upstairs for eye drops.  He shot her a look that clearly read, ‘I was going to do that,’ and headed upstairs.

Coming back down, he noticed that Alyssa was in his seat, so that he would be sitting in the middle.  “She wants to sit by you.” Was Alyssa’s whispered explanation.  

Alex sat between them on the couch, the proximity of the cat immediately rendering the eye drops useless.  He could feel congestion starting to build and knew it was only a matter of time before his allergy kicked in fully.  

They were halfway through Hotel Transylvania when he couldn’t fight back the inevitable sneeze any longer.  “Huh-chxxt.” He stifled into his shoulder, turning away from his daughter.

“Bless you.” Alyssa whispered, grabbing the tissues from the end table and setting them on the coffee table in front of Alex, knowing he’d need them eventually.  

“Thanks.”  He offered up a sort of smile and turned back to the movie his daughter had picked.   He was switching to the sequel when he sneezed again.  “Heh-chnxt.”  This one was followed by a soft sniffle.

He turned his attention to the movie series Kristin was raptly paying attention to as Cashew curled in her lap purring.  He swore the cat was giving him a devious grin.

20 minutes into the movie, another stifle.  “Huhh-chhtt.

15 minutes later, huh-chxt. A sharper sniffle.  Alyssa slid the tissue box closer to him.  “Bless you.” She whispered again, knowing Alex didn’t want attention called to his misery.   Turning away from his daughter again, Alex faintly blew his nose, not that a blow that light would do any good, and turned back to the movie.  

20 minutes later, huh-chngzzxt.”  He winced as the sneeze scraped the roof of his mouth.

“That sounded like it hurt.” Alyssa said softly.  

He nodded, second sneeze on the way.  “Huh-chxxt.” He swiped discretely at his nose with the tissue.  “I’ll be right back.”

He got up and headed straight for the bathroom.  “HuhChuhh…Uhchuh.” He had barely shut the door when the first sneeze overtook him.   Grabbing a handful of tissues, he gave his nose the several strong blows it needed.

Returning to the couch, he was glad to see Cashew on the floor, playing with a toy.  Kristin looked up at him.  “You should get a cat, dad.”  She said eagerly.

Alex groaned inside.  “Sorry, kiddo.  No permanent cats here.”

“Please, dad.  He’s so much fun.”

Alex shook his head firmly.  “I’m allehhrchuh…I’m allergic, remember?”  The sneeze had snuck up on him, barely giving him a chance to bring his elbow up to his face, and he grimaced at the dampness left on his arm post-sneeze.

“Yeah.” She pouted as he sat back down next to her to finish the movie.  After the third Hotel Transylvania movie, and at least half a dozen more sneezes that he couldn’t hold back, Alyssa suggested Kristin come and help her with supper; also suggesting Alex go upstairs and rest while they got it ready.

Alex lay down in his bed, allowing himself to sneeze freely now that he was alone.  “Hehchuh! Chuhh! Ehhtschuh! Schuhh!” Five more harsh sneezes followed in quick succession, leaving him dizzy.   He lay there, waiting for his head to clear, closing his itchy eyes.

He must have drifted off because the next thing he was aware of was Kristin calling his name and telling him it was time to eat.

Alyssa thrust the Benadryl on him at bedtime.  “You’re not keeping me awake all night.” Was her explanation.   “Besides, you’ve got a busy day with your daughter tomorrow; you’ll need the sleep.”

He nodded, blowing his nose and taking the pills.  At least tomorrow’s plans took him out of the house.

“Regretting this yet?”

Alex sighed.  “It’s not so bad.”

“Yet.  This is gonna be just like when Tim had pneumonia.  Remember how that went?”

Alex sat down in the bed and sighed.  “He needed help.  Hehh-ehChuh.  He was so sick.”

“And after a week on his couch, how were you?”

Alex looked down at the floor.

“I know most of the time, you’re not that allergic, but it’s like, the more you’re around cats, the worse you get.”

“That’s just because Tim’s apartment is small.”  Alex protested.  “It’ll be different here.”  Sneezing again, he laid down, pulling the sheet over him.

Sighing, Alyssa crawled in next to him, turning off the lights.   

“Where’s Cashew?” Alex asked drowsily, not wanting to encounter the cat in the middle of the night.

“With Kristin.  She’s been told to keep her door closed.”

HehhChuhh!  Good.”  And with that, he drifted off to sleep.

• 2 months later...

Chuhh!” Alex woke himself up with a forceful sneeze early the following morning.  Huh’Chuhhh.”  His legs stretched straight with that sneeze and he heard Cashew’s mrow of displeasure as his leg bumped the cat.    HuhUhchuhh, uhhhchuhhh.”  Grabbing a tissue, he continued sneezing, vaguely aware through half lidded eyes of Alyssa grabbing Cashew off the bed.

She returned from putting the cat in the hall as he wrapped up his fit.  After waiting for him to blow his nose, she looked at him expectantly.  “Seriously, Alex, why are you doing this?”  She stated stripping the bedding from the bed.

Alex sighed.  “When Steve died, I promised him I’d look out for Tim.”  Steve was Tim’s older brother, and Alex took this promise seriously.  

“That explains why you stayed when he had pneumonia.  But I don’t think cat sitting counts.”

“He’s worried about leaving him alone with an ear infection.  It makes him feel better to know he’s taken care of.”

Alyssa sighed, bunching up the sheets.  “I don’t know how long he was there.  Oh, and it’s raining.  Looks like you’re not getting out of the house today.”

Alex had planned to take Kristen to the amusement park today.  A loud clap of thunder clearly indicated his plans to get away from Cashew were foiled.  At least temporarily.   “I’ll take her shopping or something.” He suggested weakly.

“Have at it.  I’ll be doing laundry.”

Alex smothered another sneeze into a tissue.

Alyssa’s face softened.  “Bless you.  Get dressed.  I’ll make breakfast after I throw these in the wash.”  She picked up the bedding and headed for the basement.   

He planned to take her to the mall after she had breakfast; predictably she slept in.  Cashew had started yowling about 8, as Alex finished getting ready, waiting for his allergy pill to take effect.  Sighing, he opened Kristin’s door to let the cat out, figuring he either needed the litter box or wanted food.  Or both.  

He followed the cat downstairs where Alyssa was finishing up breakfast.  She handed him a plate of French toast and wordlessly began feeding Cashew, then scooping out his litterbox.  

“I can do that.” Alex protested.  He’d agreed to take care of the cat, and Lyss was apparently doing all the work.

She looked at him, rolling her eyes.  “I’m sure the combination of dust and cat dander would be wonderful for you.” She dripped with sarcasm.  

He pressed a napkin to his nose.  Hehchuh.  HehhtSchuhh!”

Alyssa smiled.  “I don’t mind.  You know I’m a cat person.  It’s nice having him around.  Well, for me anyway.”  She responded to Alex’s glare.  “And no, I’m not holding him.  Just petting him and washing my hands.  Trying to keep myself cat hair free for you.”

He have her a brief smile.   “Apprehhhchuhh…ughh..Appreciate it.”  He scrubbed his nose with the napkin. 

“What do you want to do about dinner tonight?  Chicken, beef, or pork?”

“Kristin’s gonna want fish.  That’s her California thing.”

Alyssa looked at him.  “You know Jamie can’t eat fish.  You do remember they’re coming over tonight?”

Alex blushed.  He’d forgotten.  “I’ve been distracted with the cat,” he admitted, cupping his hand to his nose to block a sneeze.  EhhSchuhh!  Um, I can grill steaks.” He offered.  That would get him away from the cat for a bit, and his summer allergies didn’t bother him anywhere near as much as the cat was starting to.

“Bless you.”  She took his plate.  “Why didn’t you go work in your office until Kris gets up.”  She suggested.   

He nodded, grabbing a second cup of coffee, and holing up in his office until Kristin was awake and done with breakfast.  

A few hours later, he had her at the mall.  A few hours after that, he was feeling better, even if his wallet wasn’t.   

He stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few last minute items Alyssa had texted him that she needed.   And then, he could put off going home no longer.   

He got in the front door and Cashew, predictably, made a beeline for him.   “Kristin, grab him.” He sniffled, feeling his head already start to lightly stuff back up.  He juggled the groceries as his daughter grabbed the cat.  Making his way into the kitchen, he dumped the bags in the counter and started to put things away.  

Alyssa came in a few minutes later.  “Thank you Sweety.”  She gave him a quick kiss.

Hh’chuhh.” He pulled away.  “Your hair got my nose.”  He explained, reaching for a paper towel.

She laughed. “Sorry.”

“Need help in the kitchen,” he offered, stifling another two sneezes into a tissue.  “What do you have in your hair? New shampoo?” He pinched off a third.

She blushed, looking down.  “I took a nap on the couch; Cashew curled up on my shoulder while I was sleeping, so…” she trailed off.

He sighed, stepping back.

“I’ll shower when I’m done in here.  And no, I don’t need help.  Go spend time with your daughter.”

“And the cat.” He grumbled.

“Do I have to remind you this was…”

“My idea.  I know, I know.”

Blowing his nose, he tossed the paper towel in the trash and went off in search of his daughter.