Sneeze Fetish Forum

Do you crosspost your fanfiction to other sites?

gingerbreads

Like take out the actual sneeze spellings and what not to make it seem more, um... vanilla LMAO. I'm thinking of doing that with the one I just posted here because it does have a sort of character-driven small plot haha. I've heard of someone doing that before, I think. And I remember a person posting on ao3, their sickfics, etc in a more "vanilla" way. 

You definitely could, but just be aware that anyone could then google an exact sentence from your vanilla story and find it here. If you don't care, then go for it!

8 minutes ago, Oolia said:

You definitely could, but just be aware that anyone could then google an exact sentence from your vanilla story and find it here. If you don't care, then go for it!

haha they could... but I don't know if anyone would do this especially for such a niche fandom LOL. unless they also had the fetish 

I post everything I write on ao3, unaltered. In fact my ao3 has at least one story that's very obvious fetish stuff, it's even tagged "sneezing fetish" (because one of the character has the fetish lmao), that I haven't even posted here.

10 minutes ago, Sitruuna said:

I post everything I write on ao3, unaltered. In fact my ao3 has at least one story that's very obvious fetish stuff, it's even tagged "sneezing fetish" (because one of the character has the fetish lmao), that I haven't even posted here.

Oooh. What's your ao3 lol?

8 hours ago, gingerbreads said:

Oooh. What's your ao3 lol?

I'm not going to post a link because I'm still not entirely sure what the rules say about outside links (because at some point linking to your tumblr or dA, for example, was forbidden so I assume it still is?) but my nick there is sitrus. 

I do. I post it to archive of our own and fanfiction.net and on other related fan forums Ie. Jem and the holograms fan site and a sandman fb group

Hehe, I was thinking of starting a thread like this one given a story I'm working on. I have a sickfic I posted here, tumblr and on DeviantArt. Would Archive of Our Own be good to post original sickfics that don't involve IP characters? 

4 minutes ago, Travel said:

Hehe, I was thinking of starting a thread like this one given a story I'm working on. I have a sickfic I posted here, tumblr and on DeviantArt. Would Archive of Our Own be good to post original sickfics that don't involve IP characters? 

Yeah you can post original stuff on there!

I've posted on Archive of Our Own when I had a story too 18+ to post here (I'm not validated). Plenty of kudos. Good site.

4 minutes ago, superimmunegirl said:

I've posted on Archive of Our Own when I had a story too 18+ to post here (I'm not validated). Plenty of kudos. Good site.

yeah I like that site!

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I have done this, both for AO3.org and fanfiction.net. My main reason for doing this was because the fandoms that I preferred to write about the most are actually really unpopular on this forum and there was a desire to post them somewhere that they'd get more appreciation. I really didn't feel like writing two versions though and at the time I was starting to find spelling out sneezes exhausting and preferred to just describe them, so I did post the same version here and elsewhere. I also started padding out the other sites with non-fetish material as well, some of which I had a lot of fun writing, humor pieces especially, so it wouldn't look like I was writing sickfics and allergy material exclusively. Despite this, I did actually end up getting called the "Queen of Sickfics" by a couple of people within the fandom I wrote for the most. Though as part of my disguise, I also wrote some non-fetish sickfics as well so that's probably also part of why I was given that nickname. The fics were generally well received so I know it was an affectionate nickname. I think there was one or two occasions where someone drew attention to how much I wrote about sneezing even with all the other material, and one person even used the word fetish, but I just brushed it off as saying I was into sickfics and hurt/comfort and it really didn't turn into a big thing. Though perhaps it would have if I wrote for larger fandoms.

2 hours ago, Shay said:

Yeah, I have done this, both for AO3.org and fanfiction.net. My main reason for doing this was because the fandoms that I preferred to write about the most are actually really unpopular on this forum and there was a desire to post them somewhere that they'd get more appreciation. I really didn't feel like writing two versions though and at the time I was starting to find spelling out sneezes exhausting and preferred to just describe them, so I did post the same version here and elsewhere. I also started padding out the other sites with non-fetish material as well, some of which I had a lot of fun writing, humor pieces especially, so it wouldn't look like I was writing sickfics and allergy material exclusively. Despite this, I did actually end up getting called the "Queen of Sickfics" by a couple of people within the fandom I wrote for the most. Though as part of my disguise, I also wrote some non-fetish sickfics as well so that's probably also part of why I was given that nickname. The fics were generally well received so I know it was an affectionate nickname. I think there was one or two occasions where someone drew attention to how much I wrote about sneezing even with all the other material, and one person even used the word fetish, but I just brushed it off as saying I was into sickfics and hurt/comfort and it really didn't turn into a big thing. Though perhaps it would have if I wrote for larger fandoms.

Nice!! Yeah I ended up posting it because mine is also such a small fandom.

On 6/17/2020 at 12:18 AM, Oolia said:

This is what always freaks me out. Because I want to be able to share both my fetish and non-fetish stuff, but the idea of someone accidentally associating my fetish stuff with my non-fetish name is...terrifying, honestly.

• 4 weeks later...

I've done the opposite... Written stuff that might have fit in with another, but then only posted it HERE. Lol

I started out doing sickfics on wattpad, not only including sneezing but other illnesses to kinda mask my fetish. But sometimes a sneeze or two would makes its way into a non-sneeze related illness just for added situations that I think were entertaining. However someone did message me and ask if I had a sneeze fetish. I haven’t really written since then but ever since joining here I started to write again and it’s really nice.