Sneeze Fetish Forum

bingochamp7

Many cultures have superstitions about sneezing. My family’s superstition is that when someone sneezes while getting ready to leave home, the sneezer and everyone else who plans to leave have to take a seat before getting up to leave. I don’t find the superstition all that annoying, but sometimes my family members comment about sneezes and wonder why I never seem to sneeze, which is just uncomfortable. I wouldn’t continue this practice if it were my own home because I don’t like calling unnecessary attention to sneezes.

Does your family/culture have any superstitions about sneezing? What do you think of the superstition? Does the superstition open up the discussion about sneezing when you would rather not discuss it?

sneezeperstitions i know of:

"if you sneeze after making a statement that means it was the truth"

"if you sneeze at random it means someone's thinking about you"

I've never heard of the idea of having to sit down before you can leave if you sneeze. That's really interesting!

I actually have also never heard of the idea of sneezing meaning that you have told the truth, but I do know the one about it meaning that someone is thinking about/talking about you because anime taught me that one!

1 hour ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

"if you sneeze after making a statement that means it was the truth"

If I ever become an evil lying business person, I will make sure to bring chhinkni 😄

Also, there has been this superstition going around online (I'm sure you have heard of it) that "the reason why we say 'bless you' after someone sneezes is because all the organs stop working for a split second during the sneeze"... 

Complete lies of course but it's a "fact" that keeps circulating. 

Edited by aName
Added the superstition that I was aware of

The one I've heard most is that when someone sneezes someone else is thinking about them. This belief is pretty common in the East and I think is referenced a lot in anime.

"If you sneeze three times you should make a wish"

(whereas I wish in advance that someone WOULD sneeze three times :glare: )

:joal:

In the Netherlands the superstition/joke is that if you sneeze three times the weather will be good tomorrow.

13 hours ago, Joal 555 said:

"If you sneeze three times you should make a wish"

(whereas I wish in advance that someone WOULD sneeze three times :glare: )

3 hours ago, Raven said:

@Joal 555 Funny you should say that— when I sneeze, I almost always sneeze three times in a row!

Who says wishes never come true? 

I once heard that you had to bless someone's sneezes all the time because when you sneeze your soul leaves your body for a second or something like that, and that was a way to help them. I've only heard that coming from religious people, but it's pretty funny 😅