Sneeze Fetish Forum

Hay Fever and Headaches

rockbell

Alright so I’m not entirely sure how I feel about this fic but I’ve been working on it for a while now and I’m just gonna say YOLO and post it. As always I hope you enjoy reading about Mal and Kai  :)

✾ 

I stifled a yawn against the back of my hand as I waited for my suitcase at the baggage claim, my eyes peeled for its blue plaid print. The flight from Chicago to Boston wasn’t necessarily a long one but I’ve always found flying alone a bit stressful, which was now catching up with me. Once I snagged my suitcase off the carousel I weaved my way through the crowd and parked myself next to an empty bench to check my phone. Kai had flown in a few days before me, to help his brother with the preparations for his wedding this weekend. The plan was for Kai to pick me up, but I had no new messages and I wasn’t quite sure where we were meeting. I scrolled through our previous messages just in case he had sent me more info that I missed, when I suddenly felt something cold and wet against my cheek.

“Holy-” I jumped and looked over to see Kai standing next to me with a Starbucks frappuccino in his hand that he was still holding dangerously close to my face, “ jeezus you scared me,” I muttered. Kai, looking overall pleased with himself just smiled, “you are so lucky that you’re cute,” I said as I took the drink from him.   

Kai laughed, “I know flying alone stresses you out, so I thought it would help,” he bent down to take my suitcase and I took a sip of my drink, a Double Chocolatey Chip Frappuccino, which was delicious.

I narrowed my eyes, “You just know that the only way I’d forgive you for scaring me like that is with chocolate.” 

Kai shrugged, “maybe, or maybe I just wanted to greet my girlfriend with her favorite Starbucks drink,” he bent down to kiss me, “snf how was the flight?”

My ears perked up at the sniff but I didn’t comment on it, “it was fine, watched a lot of Naruto. How’ve you been?” I glanced up at him, trying to discreetly discern whether or not he contracted one of his travel colds or if he was suffering from hay fever. His hair was disheveled, as if he had run his hands through it a few times but his eyes looked clear and his nose didn’t look pink. 

Kai caught my staring and immediately knew what I was doing, “I’m fine Mal, just a little sniffly from the pollen, nuh..huh..thing to worry abou..huh-ITCHuh..snfl.” Kai brought his fist up to his nose to give it a quick rub. His cheeks tinged a bit pink from embarrassment at his poor attempt at denial and he wouldn’t look at me.

I let it slide and took another sip from my drink, “alright, so where we off to then?” 

Kai’s free hand grabbed mine as we made our way outside, “we’ll drop your things off at James’s and then we’ll meet up with him, Hannah, and the rest of my family for dinner.” 

Preoccupied with my delicious chocolate concoction I just nodded and followed his lead. 

✾ 

Looking over at Kai from my seat at the table I was mentally calling him out on his bullshit. His nose had gradually gotten pinker since he picked me up from the airport and I had counted five sneezes since we'd arrived at the restaurant. He brushed it off well, so that he wouldn’t worry his family but he couldn’t fool me. 

“So Mallory how was your flight?”  I turned my gaze away from Kai to his younger sister Erika who was sitting next to me. 

I smiled, “It was good, I managed to get through a good few episodes of Naruto and they gave out some really good crackers,” 

Erika laughed, “that’s always a bonus, sometimes plane peanuts just don’t cut it,” 

I smiled and agreed with her and we continued to chat until our food arrived, and since the only thing I had today was said plane crackers and my Starbucks version of a chocolate milkshake, I was starved. Perhaps a bit too eagerly I dug into my pasta and it was delicious.

“Taste good?” I looked up to see Kai smiling across from me as he gestured to the fork full of noodles. I swallowed and felt heat rise into my cheeks, hoping that the rest of his family didn’t notice, I nodded not trusting my voice….I also had no desire to stop eating. 

“What did you get? Snf” Kai asked as he ate a forkful of his own dinner. 

I swallowed my current mouthful and stabbed another noodle with my fork, “I got the pesto cavatappi, wanna try some?”

I started to scoot my plate closer to his so I could scoop out some of my noodles but I stopped when I saw Kai reach for his napkin and bring it up around his nose and mouth, “heptCH..huh..hih..giTCH-uh..snf” it took Kai a moment before he lowered his napkin back to his lap and everyone including myself offered him a bless you. A bit embarrassed, Kai just nodded in response and took the fork out of my hand to scoop some of my dish onto his plate. Once he was done and he raised his head to look at me, I gave him a look. The kind that meant, you know I saw that and now I know so don’t you dare lie to me about it but I’m not gonna bring it up cuz your family is sitting right next to us, his response was a small smile and mouthing the words, “I’m fine” so he didn’t draw any unwanted attention or worry from his family. I rolled my eyes and went back to my pasta, he could try to keep it a secret all he wants but there was no way in hell that I’d let him continue to hide it from me. 

✾ 

I was exhausted, moments away from a food induced coma and my head started to pound from the long day I had. I wanted nothing more than to shower and faceplant into a nice comfy bed next to my obviously allergy suffering boyfriend...but said boyfriend had other ideas, like being a pain in the ass. 

We were staying in James and Hannah’s guest room while we visited, I sat on the bed to take off my shoes and Kai was rummaging through his suitcase, “James is gon..huh..hah..na hNXT-uh go out fo...hih hiITCH-uh drinks with some friends snfl… I think I’m gonna join him,”

I set my shoes down next to where Kai placed my suitcase and then turned to face him, “Are you going to take anything?”

Kai’s hands paused for a moment but he continued to rummage through his belongings, “Snf, I’m fine Mal, nothing to worry about,”

I raised an eyebrow but he had already turned away from me and brought an arm up to his face, “ISHHOOOO...heiiSHOOO….SHOOO..Snf” 

“Bless you,” I said and handed him a tissue I took from the nightstand. He made a sound of acknowledgment in the back of his throat and proceeded to blow his nose. That’s when I knew something wasn’t right, whenever I would bless him he would always respond with I love you, at least when it was just the two of us. It was silly and kind of embarrassing at first but he always said it back even if he felt like shit so at this point I’m concerned.

“are you sure you’re okay?” I asked again a bit more timidly as I lightly rested my hand on his arm. 

“‘m fine,” he replied, bringing the tissue back up to his nose to give it a quick swipe. I brought a hand up to rub my forehead in an attempt to ease the pain of my headache, it didn’t do much to help the pain or my waning patience. 

“Alright, fine do whatever you want,” I said as I started unzipping my suitcase, “sorry that I care about you and the fact that ever since dinner you’ve been acting weird but I guess that’s none of my business apparently,” with more force than intended I opened my suitcase and some of my clothes fell out onto the floor, “since you’re being so stubborn about it I’ll just shut up and take a shower-”

“Are you okay?”

I looked up from searching for my pajamas to see Kai staring at me, his nose was noticeably redder than before. His fist pressed against the underside of his nostrils with the tissue I gave him crumpled in it. I roughly rubbed my forehead again, “no, not really, my head hurts and I’m worried about you but you’re being a stubborn ass-” I paused realizing what I had just said. I sighed and restarted, “I’m sorry, but my head hurts and I’m tired so before I say anything else that I’m gonna regret I’m gonna go shower,” I stood up, having finally found my pajamas and toiletries and walked over to the door.

“Mal, wait I’m uh...huh..heIISHOO..heITCH”

It might have been a bit mean of me but I didn’t stop to bless him this time, “have fun with James and your friends tonight. I’ll see you later,” I left the guest room and walked into the bathroom closing the door behind me.

✾ 

I let out a sigh as the hot water sprayed me in the face, I had a habit of speak first think later which normally just led me to saying something stupid or embarrassing. However, sometimes like today it leads me to say things I don’t mean. A habit that always seems to bite me right in the ass. As I stood under the spray I couldn’t help but replay what had happened in my head, I could’ve handled it better. I should’ve handled it better, I shouldn’t have pressed him and then bit his head off when he didn’t outright tell me what was wrong. Unlike me Kai doesn’t act without thinking things through- I let out another sigh and rub my head. No matter how much I think about what happened, it doesn’t change the fact that it did. It also didn’t help my headache. A bit reluctantly I shut off the water and stepped out of the shower and changed into my pajamas. 

“HUH!DJjj’SSHHtt!Uoo-HERRUSSSHHOOO!..ugh” Startled I opened the bathroom door to see Kai sitting to the side of the doorframe, his right hand scrubbing hard at his nose. 

“Kai, what’re you-?” I began to ask but I was stopped by Kai holding his hand up in a ‘one moment’ gesture before succumbing to more sneezes.

“HUH!Heh-HEPTCHUU...heh...hePTCH,” slowly Kai pulled himself up from the floor and scrubbed at his nose. His eyes were pink and were set on his feet, his nose red and twitchy. He overall looked like he would fall over if I just blew on him, taking his hand I tugged him into the bathroom and set him down on top of the toilet seat. 

“I’m sorry,” I said as I handed him a wad of tissues, he took them and cupped them around his face, alternating nostrils he blew his nose clearing the congestion. Once he was finished he bunched the wad in his left hand and grabbed my hand with his right. 

“Why are you apologizi’g?” he asked, his voice still a little congested, he sniffled, “I’m the one who...hih...whuh..hiNXTch-uh..sngk,” Kai turned his head to stifle into his shoulder, “fugk, snfl” he brought the wad of tissues up to his face and sniffled. 

I gave his hand a small squeeze, “bless you,” 

Kai turned back to face me and smiled his nose twitching, “lobve you,” I reached over to the vanity and pulled out a few more tissues, Kai tossed the used ones into the wastebasket and accepted the new ones from my hand. A bit reluctantly he released my other hand in order to properly blow his nose, with both hands steepled over his nose. 

“I’m sorry that I got mad and bit your head off,” I said, Kai paused his blowing but kept his hands and the tissues over his nose, “I was just worried about you.”  

He brought his hands down and proceeded to toss the used tissues into the wastebasket, “I know,” he clasped his hands together and let out a sigh, “I just wanted things to be perfect,” 

I placed my hand over his, “what do you mean?”

Kai purposefully wriggled his nose to dispel a tickle, “My brother is getting married in a few days and I..ih..hih..hiINXTch..uh, snfl, I didn’t want this,” he freed one of his hands from my grasp and gestured to his face, “to ruin it.” 

I raised an eyebrow, “so you thought denying that you have hay fever and not taking antihistamines was the answer?”

Kai let out a sigh and his shoulders drooped, “yes...no, I don’t know, it was stupid and I’m sorry that I made you worry,” he brought our conjoined hands up to his lips and pressed a light kiss to the back of my hand, “how’s the headache?”

I gave a small smile, “let’s just say I’m ready to take some Advil and crash for the night.” Suddenly Kai stood up and pulled me into our bedroom across the hall, sitting me on the bed before walking back out. Confused, I called out to him, “Kai, what’re you doing?”

My response however was a flurry of sneezes, “HAAAAESSCHEWWW!! HEPCHEWWWW!!! Heh...heh..HEESSSSCHEWWWW...sngkl...ugh, I’b taki’g care of you dow,” 

“Bless you!” I called out as he made his way back into our room with a glass of water in one hand and my toiletry bag in the other. 

“Lobve you,” he replied before handing me the glass, “here gibve be a bombend,” he asked before rummaging through the toiletry bag to find what he was looking for. As he did I reached over to the nightstand and grabbed him more tissues. “Here,” I looked up to see Kai holding out his hand which held my Advil in it. 

“Thank you,” I told him as I held out my own with the tissues and we exchanged our goodies. Once done I set my glass on the nightstand and curled up on the bed, closing my eyes as Kai shut off the lights. I felt the mattress dip with his weight as he adjusted himself to fit against my body, placing an arm loosely over me. I opened my eyes to take his hand, playing with his fingers, “I forgot to ask,” Kai hummed in response to let me know that he was listening, “what happened to drinks with your brother?”

Kai pulled me closer mumbling into my hair, “this is more important,” 

Smiling I closed my eyes and drifted off into a much needed sleep in the comfort of his arms.

please continue this amazing story and keep up the great work i can't wait for the next update 

• 2 months later...

Aw I love these two so much! They’re so cute and you write them perfectly 😊 please tell me your planning on adding more to this beauty...😉