Sneeze Fetish Forum

Are you familiar with The Magnus Archives?

Anmeroth

I was going through the snz tag on tumblr the other day and I noticed certain characters kept reappearing that were tagged under #tma, and when diving into the tag I discovered absolutely nothing but sneeze fanart and fanfics for these characters. I thought since it was clearly some kind of fandom that perhaps there would be some kind of normal stuffed mixed in, but no, it was just all sneeze fetish related. 

I eventually realized it was all from a podcast called The Magnus Archives and I started listening to it out of pure curiosity of why it has such a gripping hold on the sneeze fetishists on tumblr and seemingly no one else. I'm currently just starting episode 7 out of nearly 150 and so far, it seems like your usual run of the mil fantasy mystery podcast. It's definitely very interesting to listen to, but I've yet to run into what seems to caught everyone's attention. 

Are any of your familiar with the TMA podcast and/or know why it's so popular with people like us? So far my guess is just that whenever this Martin character is revealed he will be shown to have terrible allergies, but nothing thus far. 

... sorry, I had to giggle a bit about this. 😅 I can see why it'd be confusing for an "outsider" to go on Tumblr rn and stumble over our collective TMAnia.

if you stick with it till the end of season 1, that's where the meta narrative and more character-focused, audio drama-esque stuff really start to take off, and maybe our obsession with it might make a little more sense. x)

as for why it's popular with the snzblr crowd? basically the show has great whump, great characters, great character dynamics and LGBTQ representation. also it's just... really well-written and well acted in general, with a fascinating story and lore. it's a pretty popular fandom on Tumblr as a whole tho, it's not just us. 😆 

So far my guess is just that whenever this Martin character is revealed he will be shown to have terrible allergies, but nothing thus far.

slkdfjsldkfj I wish :rofl:

6 hours ago, Anmeroth said:

Are any of your familiar with the TMA podcast and/or know why it's so popular with people like us?

as far as i know it's just bc all us sneeze fuckers on tumblr share one brain cell and it's being captivated by our combined lust for eldritch horrors right now