Sneeze Fetish Forum

Ethan’s Turn (4th Date)

aggedy_ann

The two texted through the weekend.  Sunday night, Ethan went to bed with an ominous sign: an earache in his right ear.  He groaned.  Hopefully, his date with Tim wasn’t in jeopardy.   Maybe this relationship really was doomed.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

Ethan woke up Monday morning with a sore throat and a stuffy nose.  ‘Please let this just be allergies,’ he sighed to himself, looking around his spotless apartment with the air purifier running.  Maybe his Sunday cleaning had just left some lingering allergy symptoms.  ‘Shower.’  A shower would clear this up.

Hatchoo!”  He pulled himself out of bed, grabbed clean scrubs and headed into the bathroom, ignoring the fact that he was slightly achy.    30 minutes later, he emerged from the bathroom, having sneezed three more times while getting ready.  A handful of sneezes wasn’t unusual in the first hour he was awake, but he was approaching the usual number in the first half hour.  The shower hadn’t done anything to help; the steam had just irritated his nose more, making it run constantly.  

After sneezing his way through breakfast, he was ready to admit the inevitable.  He popped two capsules of cold medicine and slipped a blister packet in his pocket for later, cramming a wad of tissues in the other pocket.   Tissues were plentiful at work, sure; it was a clinic, after all; but he’d need them any time he wasn’t in the education room.   

Atshoo!”  Sneezing again as he slipped on his shoes, he locked up and headed out.  

Work wasn’t that bad.  The cold medicine gave him somewhat of a break from the sneezing and congestion, however, it did little for his sore throat and cough.   And the sore throat and cough got worse the more he talked.   As much as he had to talk, by the end of day, he was starting to get hoarse, despite pounding water all day. He’d run to the clinic pharmacy at lunch and picked up a bag of cough drops, which helped…a little. 

He texted Tim later that evening, when he was sure Tim would be home.  ‘Hey…how are you?”

Tim responded a few minutes later.  ‘Pretty good.  Cough is almost gone.  You?’

‘think I caught your cold.’

‘Oh no.  I’m sorry!  Do you want to cancel tomorrow?’

Ethan sighed.  He did, and he didn’t.  He knew he was going to feel worse tomorrow.  His voice was already starting to get raspy; he always lost most of his voice with a cold, but on the other hand, he did want to see Tim, and it’s not like he could give him the cold back.   He paused to sneeze before responding.  Hashoo!”

‘Can I let you know tomorrow?’

‘Of course.’

They chatted briefly about their days, then Tim encouraged Ethan to go to bed and rest.

Ethan didn’t sleep well.  He’d woken up coughing or sneezing a few times during the night, and didn’t feel all that rested.  Achoo!”  He woke himself up again, 10 minutes before his alarm was set to go off.  Groaning, he decided to get up, hoping a longer shower would perk him up a bit.  He sneezed his way through the shower as the steam loosened the congestion in his head, nearly falling once after a particularly powerful sneeze caught him by surprise.  He sighed while getting dressed.  Technically, the NyQuil shouldn’t have worn off yet.

His nose was absolutely dripping after the shower, and he blew it several times, wincing at how red it appeared after that.  ‘A total advantage of pale skin’ he grumbled to himself, hoping it would fade.

Coughing, he ate some oatmeal and toast, and went off to struggle through work.  He grabbed a handful of masks and went to his assigned room to start seeing patients.  He kept a cough drop in his mouth to keep the coughing to a minimum and decrease the pain in his throat.  He tried every trick he’d ever been taught to keep from sneezing during sessions.  Of course they didn’t work; they never did. 

He met his friend, Dustin, halfway through the day for lunch.  “Hey,” he rasped, sitting down with soup and a sandwich.

“Hey.  Picked up a cold?” Dustin asked, noticing the soup and the stack of napkins on Ethan’s tray.

Ethan nodded quickly, grabbing a napkin and burying a sneeze into it.  Hachoo!  Yeah.”  He dumped hand sanitizer gel on his hands and rubbed them together.

“Explains the soup.  Especially when they have enchiladas.”

Ethan gave a weak smile. 

“How are you feeling?”

Ethan coughed into his shoulder.  “Pretty lousy.” He admitted, pulling the cold medicine out of his pocket and swallowing it with a long sip of water.  “I’m supposed to have a date tonight, too.”

“Might want to cancel; looks like you don’t want to give him this.”

“Think I got it from him.”  Ethan shrugged.  We had one date where he was just getting sick, and then last week, where he was almost over it.”

“Sharing germs already” Dustin teased.

“Haven’t even really kissed him yet.” Ethan grumped.  “Probably not tonight either.  Stupid colds.”

“Sounds like you guys have had a rough start.”  Ethan gave him a sympathetic look.  “Allergies, colds. What’s next?”

“Sometimes, I think we’re doomed.” Ethan confessed.

Dustin sighed.  “Did he cancel tonight?”

Hatshoo!  No.  He said if I wanted to, he’d understand.”

“So he wants to keep seeing you?”

Ethan picked at his soup.  “I think so.”

Dustin sighed.  “E, I don’t think you guys are doomed.  Maybe you’re just getting hit with the worst up front.”

“You think so?” Ethan offered a faint smile.

“Hey, Beth watched me sneeze and wheeze when she drove me home one day; still asked me out when we got back to my place.  Look how that turned out.”

Ethan laughed.

“Don’t let how things turned out with Matt color this relationship.  It’s a new start.  Tim isn’t Matt.”

Ethan nodded.  “No, he’s n-not. “Ahtshoo!”  He blew his nose as softly as possible. 

“If you want to reschedule because of your cold, that’s one thing.  Don’t cancel because you’re ‘doomed.’”

“Thanks, Dustin.  I gotta go back.”

“I’m off tomorrow.  Call me if you need anything.”

“Will.” Ethan broke off, coughing.  

Dustin handed him his water.  “And rest.”  He said, taking his tray.

Ethan’s first patient after lunch was a no-show, so he took that time to work on his continuing education and answer a text from Tim.

Tim: hey babe, how are you feeling?

Ethan: Rough. Sneezing my head off. 🤧

Tim: Sorry.  ️. You wanna reschedule?”

Ethan: I don’t know.  I’d like to see you.  If you don’t mind the coughing and sneezing…”

Tim: You put up with mine.  At least you don’t have to worry about giving me this

Ethan: True

Tim: how about I pick you up, so you don’t have to drive if you get tired?

Ethan: I like that idea.   He sent over his address.

Tim: 7?  Call me by 6:30 if you change your mind.  Need me to pick you up anything.  

Ethan: ok. Thanks.  I’m good. Gotta run.  Patients again.

He slid his phone into his pocket, muffled a sneeze into his shoulder, and replaced his mask before the next patient came in.

He made it through the workday and the drive home, collapsing on the couch with a box of tissues once he was inside his apartment.  He planned to call Tim to cancel as soon as he knew Tim wasn’t taping the show anymore.  He just felt awful.

The next thing he was aware of was his cell phone ringing.    Tim.   “Hello?” He mumbled, sleepily, looking at his watch.  7:05.

“Hey, I knocked, but no answer.  Are you home?”

“Yeah, um, I fell asleep.  Hold on.”  He went to the door and let Tim in.

Tim stood there, holding a large container of soup and a pharmacy bag.   “I brought soup, cough drops and tissues.  I know you said you didn’t need anything, but tissues and cough drops are what I always underestimate needing, and you’re not gonna feel like cooking for a few days.” He said in a rush, taking stock of Ethan.

Ethan was always pale, or seemed that way in contrast with his jet black hair, but now was paler than usual.  His bright blue eyes were dull with bags under them.  His nose was red and raw, and his lips were dry and cracked.  He looked tired and was still in his, now, slightly wrinkled scrubs.

“You didn’t have to do that.”  Ethan said in a sandpapery voice, taking the soup, leading Tim into the kitchen.

“I wanted to.” Tim brushed hair out of his eyes.   “And I’m guessing you meant to cancel?”

Ethan looked down at his scrubs.  “Yeah…I just feel awful, but I fell asleep.  You’re here now though, so give me 15 minutes to change.”

Tim shook his head.  “Not to, um, be presumptuous, but would you like another night in?”

Ethan looked at him blankly.  Tim thought he was confused until Ethan turned away and sneezed into his shoulder.  Hatshoo!”

“Bless you.”

“I can see what I can make from your fridge or eat the soup; you can go put sweatpants on. We can find a movie…”

Ethan looked at him.  “Are you sure?  I mean, if you want to go out…”

“I want a date with you.  I don’t care where we go or what we do.  If you feel half as bad as you look…”

“I think it’s closer to twice as bad.” Ethan admitted, reluctantly.

“I don’t mind going home…we can do this when you feel better.”

“No, stay.” Ethan sniffled, grabbing a paper towel and blowing his nose.  “I like your idea.”

“Go change.”  Tim crossed over the fridge and began going through Ethan’s meager food stores; Ethan cooked for one, he quickly realized.  He found hamburger, pasta sauce and spaghetti noodles and began making spaghetti.

Ethan came back a few minutes later, dressed in gray plaid flannel pajama pants and a light blue t-shirt.  

“Mmm…you look comfy.” 

Ethan nodded, sitting across from him.  “Spaghetti’s my favorite.” He confided.  “It’s just hard to make for one.”

Tim looked at the pot.  “Good.  It’s hard to make for two.  I think you’ll have leftovers.”  

Grabbing a napkin, Ethan turned away.  HahAtchoo.”

“Bless you.”  Tim got up and grabbed the tissues from the living room.   “Here, your nose looks so sore already.” 

“Is.”  Ethan gently wiped at it and sighed.

Tim watched as Ethan ate about 2/3 of his spaghetti.

“I’m not hungry when I’m sick.” Was the explanation.  “It is really good though.  I bet it’ll taste good tomorrow too.”

“Between this and the soup, I think you’re good for a few meals.  You gotta eat if you’re gonna get better.”

Ethan smiled.  “I gotta eat anyway.” He complained.  “It’s harder when I’m sick because I’m just not hungry.  Not having to cook will make it easier.  Thanks.”

“Glad I could help with that.  I don’t want you running into other problems.  You want to show me where your storage containers are?”

“I’ll do that.”  Ethan coughed.

“Then I’ll do the dishes.”  Tim got up and started filling the sink without waiting for Ethan to protest.   

Ethan sighed and began boxing up the left overs.  “You want any?”

“It will give me a reason to see you again.” Tim pointed out.

Ethan laughed and was rewarded with another coughing fit.

“Go rest.” Tim gently ordered.  “I’ve got this.”

Ethan nodded, turning from the food, bringing his t-shirt up over his nose.  Ahtschoo!”

“Bless you.” He gave him a gentle look.  “Go find a movie to watch.”

Ethan made his way to the couch, picked up the remote and began seeing if anything was on.   Tim came in a few minutes later and sat next to him.

“Finding anything?”

“The Mummy’s on.” He suggested.

“Great! I love that movie.”

“We’ve missed the first 15 minutes.”

“So all we’ve missed is…” Tim recounted the story so far.

“Exactly.” Ethan shivered.

“Cold?”

“A little.” Ethan admitted, enjoying the closeness of Tim next to him.  

“Think you have a fever?”

Ethan sniffled.  “Not a real one, but my temp always spikes up when I have a cold.”

Tim grabbed the fleece throw off the back of the couch and wrapped it around Ethan, then started to pull him close to him.  He felt Ethen tense up and relaxed his grip.  If Ethan wasn’t comfortable, he wouldn’t push it.

Hatchoo!” Ethan launched forward with a sneeze, bringing his elbow up to his face.  He blew his nose again, tossing the crumpled tissue onto the pile on the coffee table, then snuggled into Tim.

‘Ok…not uncomfortable…just sneezy,’ Tim told himself, relaxing and wrapping his arms around Ethan.   “Bless you,” he murmured.   

“Gonna get sick of saying that.” Ethan warned him in a froggy voice.  “I saw and heard how sneezy this cold was for you, and I sneeze all the time to begin with.”

“Stop talking.” Tim ordered.  “I know you can’t stop the sneezing, and your sneeze has gotta be hard on your throat.”

He felt Ethan stiffen again, and waited for him to sneeze.   Instead, he heard Ethan mutter “yeah, sure,” punctuated by a wet sniffle. 

He picked up the tissue box and set it gently in Ethan’s lap.  “Here.  You’re pretty stuffed up.”  Tim couldn’t remember if his congestion had been that bad. 

“I’m fine.” Ethan snapped, pushing the tissues away.  He jerked away from Tim, to the other end of the couch, coughing.

Confused, Tim paused before grabbing Ethan’s water glass and offering it to him as the coughing continued.  “Ethan?” He gently, yet tentatively put a hand on Ethan’s shoulder.  “Try some water ok, babe.” He softly instructed when Ethan turned to look at him. 

After a few seconds, Ethan took the water and a small sip.  Tim reached out to rub Ethan’s back, but pulled away, not sure what was going on with Ethan.   He vaguely recalled Ethan saying something about being irritable when his blood sugar was low, but they had just finished supper.   Did he not feed him enough?  “Are you ok?” He asked, gently.  “Do you need to check your blood sugar?  Eat something?”

Ethan shook his head and let out a deep breath.   “No.  It’s not my blood sugar.  It’s…it’s just…” He motioned for Tim to sit next to him again.  “I supposed I can’t get away with just saying past relationship trauma, can I?”

Tim shook his head.  “I’d let you, but I’d also like to avoid that again.  I was just trying to take care of you.  I mean, if you aren’t ready to tell me, it’s fine.  Now that I know not to hand you a tissue…”

Ethan sighed, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand.  “It’s not that.” He took a deep breath.  “My ex…he, uh, wasn’t the nicest when I was sick or my allergies were acting up.  Even if I was sick because I caught it taking care of him.  He’d make all these comments about my sneezing, the way I sneeze, just being me being sick in general, making me feel like I was a problem because I got sick or because of my allergies.  I guess I get a little defensive when someone comments when I’m sick; I took your comments wrong.”

“Sounds like he wasn’t the greatest guy.”

Ethan shook his head.  “He indicated the relationship was gonna end by getting a German Shepherd.”

Tim groaned.

“There’s a reason…Hashoo…Reason I haven’t dated in over a year.”

“Bless you.  I don’t blame you.”  Tim sighed, picking and choosing what words to use.  “When I said something about your throat…it’s…I know how bad my sneezing hurt my throat when I had this; I guess I figured yours would be the same way.  The other was just an observation.”

“I guess I thought I’d be more used to you before I got sick.  Again, doomed.   I don’t know how to be in a relationship anymore.”  He picked up the tissue box from the floor and blew his nose.

“Hey,” Tim said gently, “I don’t either.  It’s been awhile since I looked for anything serious.   And we’re not doomed.  It’s just an interestihhh…ihhtshoo, ihhhiihhtshoo…excuse me…it’s an interesting start.”

Ethan didn’t answer at first, only nodded.  “That’s what my friend said. And that I can’t let what  happened with him color what happens with you.”

“True.  And I’m guessing more than you told me.”  

Ethan nodded, shivering again.

Tim rewrapped the blanket around him.  “Save that for another day?”

Ethan nodded, curling back into Tim.  “I’m sorry.  It’s just…”

“I think we’ve got some learning to do about each other.  We’ll get there.”  Tim reassured him.  “I’ve got my own stuff.” He sighed, wrapping his arms around Ethan again.   

They sat like that, watching the movie, enjoying being wrapped up in each other until Ethan pitched forward with another sneeze.  HahAtchoo!”  Tim noticed how powerful they were as Ethan was rocked out of his arms, but refrained from commenting, although he did think it was probably a good thing Ethan only sneezed a single sneeze at a time.   

“Bless you.” He whispered as Ethan snuggled back against him.   

“Thank you.” Ethan mumbled, starting to sound sleepy.  

“Wanna go to sleep?  When can you take NyQuil?”

“Anytime.  I was supposed to get DayQuil at 6:30 but fell asleep.  Getting tired, but I’d rather sit here with you.” Ethan said, stuffily.  “At least until the sneezing gets bad.”

“Gets bad?” Tim asked, not sure what he should be expecting.

“I start sneezing when I’m really tired.”  Ethan explained.  “Worse when I have a cold or my allergies are bad, and I’m run down.  And without cold medicine…”

“Means it’s time for NyQuil and Tim to go home.”  Tim finished. 

“Yeah,” Ethan sighed, glancing at the commercials on TV.  “I sneeze the first hour I’m awake too.”  He admitted. “Drove Matt crazy.”  

Tim nodded.  “Matt’s your ex?”

“Yeah.”  Ethan rubbed his nose and rested his head on Tim’s shoulder, yawning.  

Tim stole a glance at his watch.  It was 9:15; early for him, but he realized he had no idea when Ethan got up in the morning.  “Getting tired?  I don’t know what time you get up, but…if you want to go to bed…”

“5:30.” Ethan informed him, shaking his head. “I’m not usually in bed this early though.  Let’s at least finish…Hatshoo!”  He blocked the sudden sneeze with his wrist.  “Finish the movie.”  

“Ok.”  Tim gently brushed the strand of Ethan’s hair that had fallen forward back behind his ear.   “Bless you…uhhhhuhhshoo, yuhhshoo!”  He turned his head away from Ethan, yanking his shirt collar up.  “That last one of yours must have been contagious,” he teased.  

“Bless you.  You ok?” Ethan offered up his tissues.

Tim nodded, wrapping his arms around the smaller man again.  “Yeah.  There’s always a couple days of stray sneezes after a cold.”

“Ok.” Ethan mumbled, sleepily.  He was tired, but not in the mood to go to bed; he just wanted to stay snuggled up in Tim’s arms as long as he could.  He tried to ignore the buzz in his nose that was becoming more persistent and focus back on the movie.  Though to tell the truth, the proximity to Tim made it hard as well.

He gently blew his nose to in a fruitless attempt to try to alleviate the tickle, keeping the crumpled tissue in his hand.  He hated that he started sneezing when he was tired like this on a good day and wasn’t sure he wanted Tim to see it just yet.   

HahAhtshoo!”  Again, he pitched forward with a sneeze, managing to smash the tissue to his nose just in time.  Another blow, and he settled back in, checking his watch.  Only 5 minutes since the last one.

He whispered back thanks to Tim’s whispered bless you and sighed.  5 minutes later, another sneeze, more whispered blessings and thanks.

After a third sneeze five minutes later, he could literally feel Tim’s concern.  

Bless you.  I hate to say it, but I think I should go home.  You sound like you could use the NyQuil.  Is this what you meant by the sneezing getting bad?”  He gently rubbed Ethan’s shoulders.  

“Starting to.  And yeah, it’ll just get keep going i I don’t go to bed.” Ethan let out a long sigh.  “I guess we’re not finishing the movie.” He coughed.   

Tim chuckled. “Because we both don’t know how it ends?”

Ethan smiled.  “I’ll walk you out.”  He reluctantly extricated himself from Tim and led him to the door. 

“Call me tomorrow?” Tim asked.  “I want to know how you’re doing.”

Ethan nodded.  “Another rain check on the kiss?” He sighed.

“Can’t give me back my own cold, can you?”

Ethan shook his head.  “Don’t think so.”

“Good.  It’s been long enough.”   Tim bent down as Ethan looked up and kissed him for a long minute before Ethan pulled away.   

Hahshoo!”  He sneezed down at the floor, jerking away from Tim.   “I’m sorry.”  He apologized, straightening back up.

“Bless you.  NyQuil.  Bed.  Call tomorrow.  We’ll plan our next date then.”   

Ethan nodded, reaching up for another quick kiss from Tim.  “I’m sorry tonight wasn’t quite what you expected.”

Tim shrugged.   “It was with you.  That’s what mattered.   Call if you need anything, ok?”

Ethan promised he would and locked the door behind Tim.  Grateful he was already in his pajamas, he sneezed his way through his nighttime routine, then fell asleep, already anticipating the next time he could talk to Tim.  Maybe they weren’t doomed after all.

Aw! I really, really liked this one! 😍

I really love all of your characters and I can’t wait for the next one!!!

Yup. These two are cute. :wubsmiley:

It probably makes me a bad person to hope that Ethan gets really truly terribly sick and Tim comes to the rescue?...   :hypoc:

Edited by starpollen
52 minutes ago, fieldofflowers said:

What if it isn’t actually Tim’s cold? Just a thought 

Lol! I had this thought, too!

Thanks again for a wonderful update about these two guys!!! I'm a little confused about Ethans job.... Doctor? Nurse? Teaching?

17 hours ago, Feo said:

Thanks again for a wonderful update about these two guys!!! I'm a little confused about Ethans job.... Doctor? Nurse? Teaching?

Nurse Educator....he teaches patients about their diabetes

2 hours ago, aggedy_ann said:

Nurse Educator....he teaches patients about their diabetes

Aha; Thanks! Poor guy, teaching with voice raspy, coughing and sneezing 

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, fieldofflowers said:

When will we see more from you? Missing your regularly scheduled programming...

I second this! 😊

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, fieldofflowers said:

excited for more 👉 👈

Oh....sorry...this one is done.  But there is a sequel, getting closer that part of is posted and I’m working on the rest.    

I wasn’t very clear when I said more was coming.  I meant more with these two.  Not more of this one.   Sorry about that.    There will be plenty of these two though.