Sneeze Fetish Forum

Can you learn to honk when blowing your nose?

HankyDrawer

Hi all,

I wondered if everyone would honk if they blew their nose hard enough and held the hanky or tissue in the right way over your nose.

What got me wondering was that I’ve noticed on YouTube videos over the years that people from certain countries are more likely to honk and wondered if some people are more likely to honk if they are surrounded by honkers.

Germans, Czechs and Italians seem more likely to honk than most Americans for example.

maybe I’m just generalising.

What does everyone else think?

Cheers,

Hankydrawer

I think in some cultures, blowing your nose as loudly and strongly as possible is considered manly. (And/or healthy - “get it out.”)

The stronger you blow your nose, the more likely you are to honk.

But It is also generational - so in the US, loud noseblowing is considered an “older generation” thing. 

What do you guys think?

I think there are plenty of people on fetish websites like clips4sale who try to learn how to honk because it's a popular nose blowing style there.  There is also this guy featured on a youtube channel called male_noseblowers who has recent honking videos, but in earlier videos he wasn't as loud.  There are also some tweets on twitter where people say they used to not honk but now they do.

Allergyboy interesting what you say about generational. Do you think people become honkers as they age or that older people are from generations when sniffing was frowned upon more. I do think the more you blow your nose especially if you blow hard, the more likely you are to eventually honk. I don’t know what changes but I know that from the moment I started honking as a teenager I’ve been unable to blow without making that noise, unless I blow so gently it doesn’t clear anything properly. 

I actually honked when blowing my nose from a fairly early age. I used to get made fun of for it, but I couldn't figure out for the longest time how to blow my nose without honking. No one would tell me-- they just made fun of me! It was ages before I figured out that if I closed up one nostril and only blew the other one that I wouldn't honk. So that's how I tend to do it now.

Im kind of getting used to honking now. I can honk on and off. I guess it just takes practise.

2 hours ago, Hankyrick said:

Im kind of getting used to honking now. I can honk on and off. I guess it just takes practise.

I guess you are right, it just takes practice... Dry honks are not my thing really, but a good wet honk may be fine:-)

DozeCode4465

love this thread.  I’m a bit of a snotty honker myself.  I’m fighting a cold right now and I do something rather odd since my septum deviated. When I stifle- I end in a quick Sudden and usually quite loud honk.  I let most of my early sneezes out openly- but when they start spraying - I have to catch in a hanky. Hence the honk.   Here’s today’s effort - again feels like day one of an annoying summer head cold. 

of course - Interested in your expert opinions. 
dozecode 

4 hours ago, DozeCode4465 said:

love this thread.  I’m a bit of a snotty honker myself.  I’m fighting a cold right now and I do something rather odd since my septum deviated. When I stifle- I end in a quick Sudden and usually quite loud honk.  I let most of my early sneezes out openly- but when they start spraying - I have to catch in a hanky. Hence the honk.   Here’s today’s effort - again feels like day one of an annoying summer head cold. 

dozecode 

I think a deviated septum could contribute to honking nose blowing because air is forced through a smaller space than usual.

15 hours ago, DozeCode4465 said:

dozecode 

Wow, bless you - you really were struggling there! Even when you brought both hands up to blow, you were so congested you couldn't really get a sustained honk, just a difficult-sounding gurgle. Even the inhaler only helped you find a small way through. 

I see what you mean about the stifles - it's like your sneezes are stronger than your blows, so when you pinch your nose in your hanky to stifle you then loosen your grip on your nose to let the rest of the sneeze out through your nose (rather than your mouth as most stiflers do) which helps you a bit.

I don't know how you got a deviated septum, which must be really annoying - but do you find now that when you blow your nose one nostril at a time you can feel the difference?