Sneeze Fetish Forum

What are the sneeziest and least sneeziest regions you have lived?

colorado198219

Question also? I have heard that in Europe it gets less sneezey from West to East. That England is the sneeziest, France/Germany in the middle and Eastern European far less sneezey. 

I remember looking up the numbers and UK and Scotland has several times the percentage with hay fever as Russia and countries like Armenia.

Over my 30-something years, I have transfered my jobs from location to location pre-COVID and usually resided in university areas. I pay attention to guys who are 20-40 years old. There is a tremendous difference in regional sneezes here in America.

Sneeziest cities I lived in (based on observations of guys who are 20 to 40 years)

Eastern suburbs of Phoenix: I was really surprised how many sneezing fits were sneezed. What was odd is how the white guys in that area sneezed lots of cat-style sneezing fits and the hispanic guys were single sneezers. The pollen is extremely high from all the fast growing superspreader trees. I had roommates over the time I was there and a majority of them were 3+ sneezers. 

Las Vegas metro: I worked and had roommates there. Lots of guys there sneezed singles often and some doubles, many of them it added up. Didn't see fits there.

Northern Utah:  I worked in that area and the variety of sneezer guys was awesome. Lots of single sneezer guys but an unusual amount of guys stifled triple and quaruple sneezes.

Least Sneeziest cities I have lived in:

Midwest in general: The MIdwest in the United States has alot of loud single sneezer guys. The only fits I saw were exclusively in nightlife areas where the sneezer had to much of a certain beverage.

San Diego/Los Angeles: San Diego must have the highest percentage of guys who single sneeze in America, many of the guys worked with and knew I think possibly have never sneezed more than one.

Los Angeles guys won't be getting any celebrity attention for the sneezing there either. I resided in an area with lots of Armenians and only one university guy (long time ago, havent resided there recently) sneezed once in a row and the guy who sneezed seemed surprised.

Edited by colorado198219

everywhere is same. places with more population density have more sneeze, but per capita everywhere is exactly the same.

also op has a weirdly racist flavor to the post?? are we really generalizing how people sneeze based on skin color and nationality now??? could we.... NOT do that????

Edited by •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.•
typo correction

I'd be surprised if skin color plays a role in how someone sneezes...

I'm not sure I agree that sneezing would be the same per capita in every region, though. I'd expect sneeze patterns to be pretty different just due to the different climates and allergens present in different regions of the country/world. For example, regions like central Texas are famous for their ceder pollen trees that release gigantic amounts of pollen, which I'd think would cause people with allergies to sneeze even more than they would normally and would probably cause even people who don't usually experience allergies to be a little more sneezy than normal. Compare this to a place like, say, LA, which experiences lots of draughts and doesn't have as much plant growth, and it makes sense that you wouldn't see as many people having sneezing fits there.

Funny that you say that about the UK; I'm American, but I spent a week in London once and was stunned by the amount of people I saw having huge sneezing fits of 6+ sneezes. Like literally a few per day which is way more than I see here in the northeast, and I found myself sneezing more than usual too. I thought maybe it was a fluke but your post makes me think there might be something to it! I wonder what it is about the climate there that makes people more sneezy.

I agree with Shallbright: I have found England generally pretty sneezy, but it may be because I went there at the beginning of the hayfever season.  I haven't stayed long in tropical countries, but when I have, I've been struck that there have been so few sneezes. Fewer colds in the nose, probably, and perhaps less pollen too.  Who knows ?

A lot depends on the situation.  When you are travelling, you are using public transport, visiting museums and are generally exposed to more people so mathematically there are more sneezes to observe - pre-covid at least.

There may be social differences. My impression is that German men stifle their sneezes more than French or Italians... and perhaps where it's expected that you should stifle, people go out of their way to avoid sneezing altogether.

10 hours ago, shalbright222 said:

I'd be surprised if skin color plays a role in how someone sneezes...

I'm not sure I agree that sneezing would be the same per capita in every region, though. I'd expect sneeze patterns to be pretty different just due to the different climates and allergens present in different regions of the country/world. For example, regions like central Texas are famous for their ceder pollen trees that release gigantic amounts of pollen, which I'd think would cause people with allergies to sneeze even more than they would normally and would probably cause even people who don't usually experience allergies to be a little more sneezy than normal. Compare this to a place like, say, LA, which experiences lots of draughts and doesn't have as much plant growth, and it makes sense that you wouldn't see as many people having sneezing fits there.

Funny that you say that about the UK; I'm American, but I spent a week in London once and was stunned by the amount of people I saw having huge sneezing fits of 6+ sneezes. Like literally a few per day which is way more than I see here in the northeast, and I found myself sneezing more than usual too. I thought maybe it was a fluke but your post makes me think there might be something to it! I wonder what it is about the climate there that makes people more sneezy.

I didn't intend to be contreversial in regards to the post.  I think sneezing trends are very interesting and I just notice happen to notice. Some say there is a genetic basis others say it's on pollen factors.

I have heard of "Cedar Fever". I know Las Vegas and Phoenix has lots of legacy mulberry trees which have similar pollen counts to cedar. 

Climate might play a role. There have been others on here also who seen indicate the Northeast as not being particular sneezey, It seems the Midwest is similar. 

That sounds like a nice surprise in London, sort of almost like a sneezacation. 

Yeah., that huge sneezing fits of half a dozen or more a few a day is not something I have seen anywhere.

When, I resided in the Eastern Suburbs of Phoenix, I resided and worked in the neighborhood of a large university it mainly was mainly graduate students, I also had three different sets of roommates, I worked in two large sales-oriented call-centers.

I dont know if I was lucky though but it seemed like about half of guys there between 20 and 40 years old were triple sneezers, some of the guys sneezed four times but what you observed in Enland I did not see commonly in the East Valley of Phoenix.

Sneezing fits like that, a few times a day? Wow!  I wonder if anywhere in the world is so sneezey!

Edited by colorado198219
On 8/21/2020 at 8:01 AM, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

also op has a weirdly racist flavor to the post?? are we really generalizing how people sneeze based on skin color and nationality now??? could we.... NOT do that????

agreed

Some of y'all take posts way too seriously. They are just stating things they've observed and wondering if others have seen the same thing.

As for answering the question: I noticed very little sneezing while living in the northeast US (near Boston). More moderate amount of sneezing in Oregon. Sneeziest places (based on my observation) I've lived  in have been in Texas and New Mexico. I have noticed less sneezing from the Hispanic population in the southern US regions but I never gave it much thought before. Now it makes me wonder if it has to do with genetics or just coincidence. 

• 2 weeks later...

Let's keep any and all flaming in the 'Snake Pit', please. Keep posts relevant to the topic at hand.

Thank you.

On 8/21/2020 at 8:01 AM, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

everywhere is same. places with more population density have more sneeze, but per capita everywhere is exactly the same.

Hey, it's all good. This isn't the Snake Pit, remember. Let's all stay civil and, also importantly, on topic.

I agree that we ought to not assume that people sneeze a certain way based on skin color, race, or ethnicity, especially if one thinks certain sneezes are better than others. Genetics might play a role in the way someone sneezes, but that probably has much more to do with things that are separate from race and ethnicity. That said, there could be cultural or climatic reasons for people to sneeze differently, but that was already pointed out. And the topic of the post is about which regions are sneezier, so those two things definitely apply.

That also being said, I don't think OP should be so quick to assume that white, hispanic, Aremian, or any ethnicity of people sneeze in a particular way based on their own personal experience. But, then again, this thread is trying to find out if other people share those experiences. I'd suggest sticking with which regions people seem to be the sneeziest and avoid the racial/ethnic categories altogether.

As for my part, I have no idea about the original topic as I've lived in the exact same region for my entire life. :laugh:

Edited by Reader
Removed a flaming quote from another poster

I just had to chime in here for fun. There is actually a statistically significant difference in prevalence of allergies between races, I will link the paper:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4888051/

A few potential reasons are given for this as well. I actually think this one of the few areas (mostly medical) where you can see some differences ethnically because of adaptation to certain flora and differently shaped faces meaning slight differences in the size and shape of cavities.

As for sneeziest regions that I'm aware of/have been to: Brazil, Southeast Asia, the UK and the US. Least sneezy: haven't had the misfortune to notice. In the US alone, TX is pretty sneezy. Idk about other states but I think there's a "sneeziest cities" list out there based on pollen counts.

I should add the paper gives plenty of potential environmental causes for the discrepancy as well, although I don't think it mentions geography, which is way too often overlooked in scientific studies on demographic disparities. There's a good chance that the "sneezier" groups just happen to be largely situated in areas with more pollen or poorer air quality on average. Statistics.

it makes sense that ethnicity might have a role to play in sensitivity, or severity of allergict responses or diseases. also gender seems to play a role as well. women are more likely to get certain health issues then guys but guys are more likely to get other things then women. people of african or middle eastern decent seem to be more vulnerable to the covid for example. one theory i have heard for it is that, the darker the skin the harder time the human body has, in producing vitamin D from sunlight, but the darker the skin the harder for them to get sunburn where light skin people can easily make plenty of vitamin D but burn much more easily. because many people are'nt aware of it their not supplimenting their vitamin D intake and thus their immune systems are not at full efficiency or so the theory goes. the reccomendation is that people should take 5,000 IU (international units) a day, of vitamin D to make sure they have enough of it. here's one of the fellows I heard it from. (but not the only one) again I am not a doctor and am not giving any medical advice in any way. merely pointing out that, there seems to actually be differencees in terms of overall risks of certain disease based on race and gender. so it makes sense it might impact allergies too is in some sort of way, exactly how I'm not certain. 

On 9/8/2020 at 7:09 AM, dodge said:

I just had to chime in here for fun. There is actually a statistically significant difference in prevalence of allergies between races, I will link the paper:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4888051/

A few potential reasons are given for this as well. I actually think this one of the few areas (mostly medical) where you can see some differences ethnically because of adaptation to certain flora and differently shaped faces meaning slight differences in the size and shape of cavities.

As for sneeziest regions that I'm aware of/have been to: Brazil, Southeast Asia, the UK and the US. Least sneezy: haven't had the misfortune to notice. In the US alone, TX is pretty sneezy. Idk about other states but I think there's a "sneeziest cities" list out there based on pollen counts.

Your URL doesn't work when I highlight it and tell my browser to go to that address.

Also,  I don't know about any specific groups of people, but you could probably say that areas that are harder on allergy sufferers would probably be regions where people might be sneezing more, at least during allergy season.

Edit, well, it comes up as a link in my post quoting you, and then when I click on it, it works then. 

• 5 weeks later...

I've always read that the south/midwest have the highest/most frequent pollen counts so that would be my guess....

• 11 months later...
On 8/21/2020 at 7:01 PM, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

Lol someone is getting triggered over literally nothing. What about places with more trees or pollen?

Yes sneezing habits are based on genetics like EVERYTHING else regarding body functions. For example, studies have concluded that photic sneezing is more prevalent in white people. Darker generally skin has more resistance to the effects of the sun. Injecting racism into observational sneeze habits on a sneeze forum... Think about that. Racism in sneezing. There ARE sneezier areas unless you think all places sneeze the exact same amount of times per capita. Like wtf...

Anyway, I would say Mexico is a very sneezy place. Mexicans I know tend to sneeze several times in a row and Latinas in general. I'd say Southern Americans tend to have seasonal allergies but this is just my observation. I'd also say big city people tend to have outdoor allergies.