Sneeze Fetish Forum

5 Best scenes from Star Wars

Heathcliff

I hope people will enjoy this as another fun topic.

1) Empire Strikes Back: Luke fights Darth Vader

This has to be the top scene. it's well-filmed, and it's what everyone wants to see - and it ends with the "Luke, I am your father" moment.

2) The Last Jedi: Luke "fights" Kylo Ren

To be honest, I've watched the Last Jedi 3 times now and I love it. I think it's great.

At first I was angry that we didn't have a proper lightsaber fight at the end of the Last Jedi... but I realised later how well it suited the film. Luke completely defeats Kylo because he does not give him a chance to fight, and also presents a false image of a Jedi being invincible - before he dies.

3) Luke is trained by Yoda

Empire Strikes Back is the best movie, and this is is an easy pick. Just brilliant.

4) Controversial? Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan fight Darth Maul

The Prequels were terrible, but this scene was not

5)  Rey  and Kylo fight Snoke's Praetorian Guard

The best fight scene in Star Wars, hands down. 

Edited by Heathcliff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuk_ZZQWfEY

You picked great scenes...although I do like Yoda’s teachings the best....it just summarizes Star Wars in one scene...

I would add a couple scenes...although I’m cheating by going outside the trilogies...both of these scenes have a similar theme in that you get an understanding as to how under matched and outwitted the Rebels/Republic were supposed to be portrayed as...these both are fun to watch but also do a great job of tapping into the “fear” for the good guys...even when you know what’s coming next in each case.

Rogue One final scene - Darth Vader’s boarding party 

Clone Wars - Maul captured right before Order 66

14 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

and it ends with the "Luke, I am your father" moment.

there is no such moment in the franchise, the line is 'no. i am your father'

3 hours ago, jejune said:

there is no such moment in the franchise, the line is 'no. i am your father'

Lol I've never actually seen that movie in particular, but I know a lot of people remember it the other way. Sounds a lot more... cinematic, maybe? Dramatic? Yeah one of those. Anyway that Rey and Kylo tag-team as GOOD!

The line "Luke, I am your father" would have sounded really clunky in context if you watch that whole scene with the reveal, though.

9 hours ago, Bondi said:

The line "Luke, I am your father" would have sounded really clunky in context if you watch that whole scene with the reveal, though.

I can’t believe I made this error! I give up my movie-fan card now. A total screw-up. 😅

22 hours ago, Eights of Spades said:

You picked great scenes...although I do like Yoda’s teachings the best....it just summarizes Star Wars in one scene...

I would add a couple scenes...although I’m cheating by going outside the trilogies...both of these scenes have a similar theme in that you get an understanding as to how under matched and outwitted the Rebels/Republic were supposed to be portrayed as...these both are fun to watch but also do a great job of tapping into the “fear” for the good guys...even when you know what’s coming next in each case.

Rogue One final scene - Darth Vader’s boarding party 

Clone Wars - Maul captured right before Order 66

How did I omit that?

Vader's scene of rage and destruction is an amazing end to to Rogue One.

Also, I have to say - Ahsoka Tano is a character I love and seeing her fight Maul like that is great. Even better is seeing her fight Vader, with all the emotional impact:

This writing is better than Lucas managed

Edited by Heathcliff

Here are my 5 favorite scenes in no particular order (and without videos, because I'm lazy):

1) Obi Wan and Anakin's duel in "Revenge of the Sith" (and Yoda's fight with Palpatin happening at the same time). Even though it's one of the prequels (which I don't hate like a lot of people do, don't throw stones at me) this is my favorite "Star Wars" movie. It's got so much action and light saber duels, which are probably what I like most about these films.

2) Luke training with Yoda in "The Empire Strikes Back". I agree with Eights of Spades - it summarizes the films perfectly.

3) Vedar and Luke's duel in "The Empire Strikes Back". Did I mention how much I like light saber duels?

4) The confrontation between Luke and Vedar in "Return of the Jedi". Not only it's another great duel, but it's also one of the most important turning points of the plot, with Vedar deciding to turn against the emperor to save his son.

5) The long action scene at the beginning of "Revenge of the Sith". Unlike the other "Star Wars" films, this film throws you head first into the middle of a battle right at the beginning and I love it! On top of the amazing action, there's also quite a lot of character building for Anakin and Obi Wan.

On 8/29/2020 at 1:18 PM, Likesn said:

1) Obi Wan and Anakin's duel in "Revenge of the Sith" (and Yoda's fight with Palpatin happening at the same time). Even though it's one of the prequels (which I don't hate like a lot of people do, don't throw stones at me) this is my favorite "Star Wars" movie. It's got so much action and light saber duels, which are probably what I like most about these films.

5) The long action scene at the beginning of "Revenge of the Sith". Unlike the other "Star Wars" films, this film throws you head first into the middle of a battle right at the beginning and I love it! On top of the amazing action, there's also quite a lot of character building for Anakin and Obi Wan. 

I do like your picks. Honestly, I have a soft spot for Revenge of the Sith too.

I don't think the prequels were good movies (for example, if someone tells me the prequels were better than Last Jedi, I will argue with them endlessly) but Revenge of the Sith had a lot of lightsaber action, and like you say a brilliant opening where we start right in the middle of the action.

Revenge of the Sith used to be a movie I would put on when I was tired and wanted something with enjoyable action to watch - so, I understand where you're coming from. Thanks!

22 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

I do like your picks. Honestly, I have a soft spot for Revenge of the Sith too.

I don't think the prequels were good movies (for example, if someone tells me the prequels were better than Last Jedi, I will argue with them endlessly) but Revenge of the Sith had a lot of lightsaber action, and like you say a brilliant opening where we start right in the middle of the action.

Revenge of the Sith used to be a movie I would put on when I was tired and wanted something with enjoyable action to watch - so, I understand where you're coming from. Thanks!

I think the words "better" or "worse" are somewhat problematic when it comes to films and other forms of art. Personally, I liked "Attack of the Clones" more than "The Last Jedi" and I've already mentioned that "Revenge of the Sith" is a personal favorite of mine, but different people have different preferences and that's cool. Some people like some films more or less than others and everything is fine unless people try to force (no pun intended) their subjective preferences on others.