Sneeze Fetish Forum

» the best laid plans ; cee & georgie (f/f)

Nebula

A/N: hey, i'm back!! with a couple of gals i've written about here before. i sent feelers out on tumblr for any and all prompts and i got one asking "could you do one with wlw on vacation with either colds or allergies?" - and so this is the result!!

-----------------------------------------

Oooh, look at that-”

Georgie felt a tug on her hand from where Cee led in front through the throngs of people, as she giddily flitted from stall to stall. Her energy was palpable in her tone and the way she moved, and the light in her eyes made happiness fizzle warmly in Georgie’s tummy. Bypassing the professional camera she had strapped around her neck and had been using to take pictures with up until then, she instead slipped her phone out of her pocket and quickly snapped a picture of her girlfriend as she led them along.

After what felt like such a long, cold winter they’d promised themselves a nice holiday away together when summer finally came around; something to look forward to, to get them through work and mundane responsibilities for the first half of the year. It was also their first holiday abroad together, and so presented all the challenges you’d expect, along with the opportunity to know each other on that kind of deeper level. 

They’d debated back and forth for ages over where to go. Georgie hadn’t really travelled much or seen many places outside of the UK (her family having not really been in a financial situation to make that a possibility), and so was keen to explore Europe - somewhere totally new but not too far away whilst she found her feet. Cee, however, being a much more seasoned traveller with a bit of a thirst for adventure, had argued for places further afield like Asia, or Central or South America.

They got wine-drunk one night and put it to a Twitter poll.

And that’s how they ended up in Amsterdam, with connecting train tickets on to Berlin and Prague. Isn’t compromise what makes the world go round? Or at least is the key to contentment in a relationship. Georgie’s choice of location, but interrailing and a promise to do a couple of activities in each city a bit more off the beaten track for Cee. Everybody’s happy.

They’d ended up at a food and flower market in Haarlem, about 30 minutes on the train outside of Amsterdam, on a blisteringly gorgeous sunny day and overall Georgie still knows this sentiment to be true in her heart. They’re right in view of the canal, everything is so bright and bursting with colour, and the town centre is so buzzing and full of life. It wasn’t like anything she’d ever seen before and she just couldn’t stop looking at everything.

She just wished that sore throat she’d felt persistently assert itself every time she swallowed the whole plane journey over here hadn’t turned into what was now shaping up to be a gross summer cold.

The thought of ruining the beginning of their holiday by being ill made Georgie’s stomach sink, especially when Cee was clearly so joyful and clearly in her element organising, exploring and even just talking to people. She didn’t want to intrude on that joy or disrupt their plans.

So with a thick but covert sniffle (not that Cee would’ve heard her anyway in and among the bustling crowd), Georgie let the other woman lead them both to a stall selling little traditional-looking knick-knacks, jewelry and homemade candy. She strikes up conversation with one of the women working behind the counter as Georgie hangs behind her, not wanting to touch the little trinkets when she was probably all germy and contagious.

All of a sudden though, what had been a consistent but low-level irritation in the back of her nose bloomed into a sharp, conspicuous prickle. With tears in her eyes, she hurriedly let go of Cee’s hand and dug in her pocket for a tissue, nose feeling like it was momentarily about to overflow.

hIH’NXgst

It’s sudden, unsatisfying, and she directed it into her forearm as her hand still grips the crumpled up tissue she hadn’t had the chance to bring to her face before it demanded to be present. Before long, s-she… ihh-it’s…

h’IHNGSXT

Oh gosh, that one’s significantly worse than the first. With a congested hoarseness and hint of wetness you could just hear the promise of the worsening cold in.

That’s when her eyes, as rheumy as they are and tearing at the corners, fall upon the stall beside the one they were stood at. The one brimming with rows upon rows of gorgeous flowers.

Georgie wasn’t even normally allergic to flowers or pollen or anything like that, that was usually Cee’s area of expertise. But for some reason the cold must just be making her more sensitive than usual, because she’d been semi-fine until then and then boom, it was like a lit match to a powderkeg and now she was a mess.

Or maybe Dutch flowers in particular just didn’t agree with her.

Feeling a little flustered with both the embarrassment and the heat of the sun overhead, and perhaps like she’s not quite done, Georgie let go of Cee’s hand with a quick squeeze. She touched her forearm to get her attention and tried her best to sniffle and blink back the waterworks.

“I’mb just gonna go get sombe water, yeah? It’s so hot out here…”

“Oh? Oh yeah of course, hold on a second I’ll just-”

Georgie shook her head vigorously, already taking a couple of steps back, her nose tickling away ominously.

“Ndo, *sdnffl* it’s okay, I’mb all good, you finish up here. I’ll just be at that little cafe by the entrance, I have my phone on me...”.

Before Cee could say anymore Georgie turned tail and escaped back through the crowd the way they came, pausing only once to duck into the tissue with another sneeze just barely stifled. She sourced a bottle of water and sought out a spot in the blissful shade under a tree on the green just directly across from the cafe, slumping down against the tree trunk and a stuffy sigh.

Her eyes were so watery she could barely see clearly out of them, and she was miserably, noticeably stuffed up and full of cold more and more with every breath she took. Fuck, she just felt disappointed this had to happen now of all times. Frustrated at herself too, as irrational as that may be. Why now?

Once more, the fluttering tickle flared to life and she surrendered to the gradual build-up with begrudging resignation, breath stuttering as her pink-hued nostrils flared towards,

hiihh...hhh’eh?...hhhH’eghsshiew!

Whilst it had felt good to let that one out, the sneeze, drippiness and lingering ache definitely felt like the harbinger of confirmation that whatever this was was definitely a head cold, and there was no escaping it.

She was still cleaning herself up, even the delicate dabs edging on the temptation to be sore against the skin of her nostrils and upper lip, when she noticed someone standing over her.

Cee crouched down and laid a hand on Georgie’s leg.

“Are you okay? I feel like one second you were there, the next you’d disappeared. I was going to come with you, I just needed to pay for what I’d just been haggling that poor woman for”

Georgie shook with an involuntary chuckle before it caught in her throat and spurned a couple of soft coughs, then her eyebrows furrowed.

“You should’ve gone round the rest of the mbarket, I’mb fine”

Cee looked at her as if she’d just suggested something totally insane.

“I wouldn’t want to without you, silly” she said, both amused and incredulous.

Georgie bowed her head and started fiddling with some grass underneath her hands as Cee’s fingertips stroked absently back and forth across her skin. Her attention was elsewhere, eyes studying Georgie’s face softly but intently.

Georgie snuffled thickly and scrunched the used tissue up tighter in her fist, caught off guard when she felt the blessedly familiar, welcoming palm of Cee’s hand cup her cheek. Sometimes she still felt embarrassed by or unworthy of the care and attention, but that didn’t stop her deeply enjoying it nonetheless.

“Are you not feeling well?”

Her tone is soft but sure.

Georgie lifted her gaze to reach Cee’s eyes, though she couldn’t quite hold it as she spoke, hesitant and begrudged as she was to ‘fess up.

“It’s just… a bit of a cold, honestly. I’b just a bit… *sdffl*, y’kdow?” she said, gesturing toward her sinuses as she sniffed, as if the sound of such was explanation enough. “I don’t even feel that awful yet”.

Her eyes are pleading as she mentally begs Cee not to make a big deal of it, to let them carry on with their plans and for this not to mess things up. Cee seemed to consider something for a few beats, face neutral before it cracks with a sympathetic half-smile. She leaned in and pressed a kiss to Georgie’s cheek.

“Let’s stop and find somewhere air conditioned to have lunch, go find a pharmacy for some supplies, then head back out and explore. Sound good?” she asked firmly, standing up herself, then offering a hand to help Georgie up as well.

Relieved, Georgie nodded and let Cee help haul her up with a light giggle.

• 2 weeks later...