Sneeze Fetish Forum

Missing partner’s sneeze

Righteous Warrior

Hi all,

I’ve wanted to ask about this for a while, but feel embarrassed. I’m hoping some of you can relate before I have to bring it up to my therapist haha! So my partner and I live together and she sneezes a good amount throughout the day. I find myself getting really anxious in the morning as if I’m going to miss out her sneezes if I’m not around her. Let’s just say, I do my best to be around her or in hearing/seeing distance a lot throughout the day just because of my anxiety around not wanting to miss out. Does anyway deal with this/have any way of coping with the unknowns of that?

oh and by the way, she does know about my fetish. 

thanks in advance 🙂

I suspect that FOMO (fear of missing out) is quite a common thing amongst sneeze fetishists.

I'm not qualified to give any "proper" advice, but I would suggest that if you live together you will inevitably hear many of her sneezes without having to worry about missing some of the others. Obviously, I don't know the dynamics of how your relationship works, but I would be wary about ensuring you spend all your time together, if it is solely because of FOMO. If your partner or you or both of you need a bit of space from time to time, then I would have thought that would be more beneficial to your long term relationship than missing out on a few sneezes here and there.

I sympathise though because I know what FOMO feels like.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, Joal 555 said:

I suspect that FOMO (fear of missing out) is quite a common thing amongst sneeze fetishists.

I'm not qualified to give any "proper" advice, but I would suggest that if you live together you will inevitably hear many of her sneezes without having to worry about missing some of the others. Obviously, I don't know the dynamics of how your relationship works, but I would be wary about ensuring you spend all your time together, if it is solely because of FOMO. If your partner or you or both of you need a bit of space from time to time, then I would have thought that would be more beneficial to your long term relationship than missing out on a few sneezes here and there.

I sympathise though because I know what FOMO feels like.

Good luck!

thanks!  I totally agree with everything you said! now it's a matter of really internalizing it haha :) 

1 hour ago, sneezeblessyou said:

thanks!  I totally agree with everything you said! now it's a matter of really internalizing it haha :) 

You're welcome.

Let us know how you get on!

:joal:

i've definitely felt this before, too! in the past i've had it to an extent where it almost felt debilitating -- i'd be so incredibly anxious that i wouldn't be able to enjoy anything, even if i did end up hearing a sneeze! since she knows about your fetish, i wonder if it would help to bring it up to her and explore some solutions together (e.g. having her tell you if you miss one and what the circumstances were and then inducing to make up for it, or something else that you might enjoy) that might make it feel like less of a big deal to miss one.

4 hours ago, Sen Beret said:

i've definitely felt this before, too! in the past i've had it to an extent where it almost felt debilitating -- i'd be so incredibly anxious that i wouldn't be able to enjoy anything, even if i did end up hearing a sneeze! since she knows about your fetish, i wonder if it would help to bring it up to her and explore some solutions together (e.g. having her tell you if you miss one and what the circumstances were and then inducing to make up for it, or something else that you might enjoy) that might make it feel like less of a big deal to miss one.

Ah yea, talking through things does always help! Oooh I’m so happy to hear that you can relate. Was yours with a partner? I’m curious how you dealt with it 

I resonate with this, even though you get to hear some there's that worry that you've missed some. I've found that once-a-month spontaneous dusting/cleaning of the room can help with this ;) as long as your partner doesn't mind

20 hours ago, sneezeblessyou said:

Was yours with a partner? I’m curious how you dealt with it 

It was! This happened with me in my two longest relationships in my late teens and early twenties. I was too shy to ask for much back then and wasn't as open about my sexuality, so I never brought it up with the people I was with and just silently writhed in anguish about it lol! But looking back, I really do wish I had said something and found a way to take some of the edge off. I think hearing them tell me whether I had missed one (and then described it as well as they could) would have really helped. That way there'd be no wondering, and if I did find out that I missed something, I'd be able to more or less make up for it with imagination. Not knowing was always the worst part and kept me from being able to relax when we separated!

5 hours ago, Sen Beret said:

It was! This happened with me in my two longest relationships in my late teens and early twenties. I was too shy to ask for much back then and wasn't as open about my sexuality, so I never brought it up with the people I was with and just silently writhed in anguish about it lol! But looking back, I really do wish I had said something and found a way to take some of the edge off. I think hearing them tell me whether I had missed one (and then described it as well as they could) would have really helped. That way there'd be no wondering, and if I did find out that I missed something, I'd be able to more or less make up for it with imagination. Not knowing was always the worst part and kept me from being able to relax when we separated!

Thanks for sharing! Ugh I’m sorry you felt that way, but I’m also glad to hear that I’m not crazy!