Sneeze Fetish Forum

Strange taste combinations that are actually awesome!

Chanel_no5

Have you ever accidentally combined two food items that don't sound like they'd go well together but actually taste fantastic?? Tell me about them! 

Reason for this post: the surprise taste marriage made in heaven: gingerbread and Red Bull.  I was pretty much falling asleep by my desk this afternoon, and since I don't drink either coffee or tea, energy drinks are my go-to wake up juice. And then I ate a slice of soft gingerbread and washed it down with Red Bull and I swear, angels sang! 

I may need to get another slice. :shifty: 

as a kid i used to put whipped cream on everything including pizza. (sorry ik that's disgusting :lol: ) one of my favorite lunches in high school was a taylor ham/pork roll and cheese sandwich with a green monster energy.

Pineapple on Pizza 😇 (now, grab your pitch forks and your torches)

Jokes aside, my favourite unconventional culinary combination is pytt i panna (a very scandinavian dish I think (it's basically chopped up potatoes in tiny cubes, with onions chopped in a similar fashion and some kind of meat, or meat replacement and eggs)) with mild kebab sauce (also a surprisingly Scandinavian thing). It's so darn good together haha

Ketchup on buttered noodles is the absolute best thing, hands down! :P I also enjoy salty french fries dipped in a chocolate milkshake!

3 hours ago, SpookyHowlmes said:

Ketchup on buttered noodles is the absolute best thing, hands down! :P I also enjoy salty french fries dipped in a chocolate milkshake!

I don’t really like chocolate, but I love my fries dipped in a vanilla milkshake.   😜

31 minutes ago, aggedy_ann said:

I don’t really like chocolate, but I love my fries dipped in a vanilla milkshake.   😜

Vanilla is bomb too! 😎

20 hours ago, NoseB4Bros said:

Pineapple on Pizza 😇 (now, grab your pitch forks and your torches)

I like pineapple on pizza. ^_^  I usually don't order those because I like other pizza toppings MORE, but it's definitely delicious!  Also, I may have to try kebab sauce on pyttipanna some day. It sounds great!

23 hours ago, Cecilia said:

as a kid i used to put whipped cream on everything including pizza. (sorry ik that's disgusting :lol: )

Not sure I'd label it as disgusting, but it feels like a big "why?" :lol: 

20 hours ago, aggedy_ann said:

Roast beef sandwiches with tarter sauce

Oh DUDE, that actually sounds pretty good! 

20 hours ago, SpookyHowlmes said:

Ketchup on buttered noodles is the absolute best thing, hands down! :P 

I used to be completely crazy about that for shorter periods of time, and then not eat it for years. :lol:  Not sure I can stomach the idea of dipping fries into milkshake though. :lol: 

19 hours ago, MeForever said:

I forever stand by salt on cucumber. Also salt on tomato is very good as well.

That's good! When I was a tween I used to eat sandwiches with mayo and salted cucumber after school. But you put pepper on the tomatoes. :yay: 

Okay, I have another one! Scrambled eggs with hot sweet mustard. That is way better than it sounds.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_no5 said:

I like pineapple on pizza. ^_^

(in reference to it being a surprisingly controversial opinion :') )

Trying to think of other weird combos of food I eat and I realise what a culinary coward I am. I do however have another one, I just realised;

Soy sauce on eggs. (not sure how unique of a combo that really is but good christ on a bicycle I love it haha) 

Glad I'm not the only ketchup on noodles fan! :laugh: Seeing an above post reminded me that I go absolutely bonkers for salt on cantaloupe and watermelon! Cornbread dipped in pancake syrup is pretty swell too!

11 hours ago, Ghost_no5 said:

Not sure I'd label it as disgusting, but it feels like a big "why?" :lol: 

bc i could >:) hehe

I also remembered...I had a signature sandwich where I'd put American cheese on each slice of bread, strawberry yogurt on top of that, and then broken up cheese stick. xP I was very proud of it. Tbh would try again. :lol: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ever since I was little, I always put sugar on my rice. White, fried, Mexican, whatever, I put sugar on it. Oh! Also, beef/chicken liver covered in apple sauce 

On 10/25/2020 at 3:45 PM, Chanel_no5 said:

And then I ate a slice of soft gingerbread and washed it down with Red Bull and I swear, angels sang! 

Soft gingerbread made with lingon is the best, but I prefer mine with julmust - the only time I drink soda is at Christmas. 🙂

My strange food combination is rose hip soup and Wienervurst. My great grandmother gave me that once when I was little and I've loved it ever since. 

On 10/25/2020 at 9:50 PM, MeForever said:

I forever stand by salt on cucumber. Also salt on tomato is very good as well.

Try herbal salt on tomatoes, it's even better than regular salt. 🙂

1 minute ago, EveP said:

prefer mine with julmust

I'm the heathen of central Sweden who absolutely cannot drink julmust! 😝 (okay, I was born in Denmark, am I excused? 😂

Just now, Stimuli said:

I'm the heathen of central Sweden who absolutely cannot drink julmust! 😝 (okay, I was born in Denmark, am I excused? 😂

Oh well, I don't like chocolate, so I suppose we're all strange in some way. 😛 Pyttipanna with mild kebabsås - I guess I'll have to try it before deciding what I think. 

4 minutes ago, EveP said:

Oh well, I don't like chocolate, so I suppose we're all strange in some way. 😛

tenor.gif

(okay, just kidding) yeah we all have our oddities! 😄

5 minutes ago, EveP said:

Pyttipanna with mild kebabsås - I guess I'll have to try it before deciding what I think. 

Oh it's a real wonderful combo 🤤