Sneeze Fetish Forum

Secret Santa?

normandy

Hi all! Not sure if I missed something that was already posted concerning this, but I was wondering if others here would be interested in a Secret Santa! I'm not validated, but I'd love to help out in any way that I can.

Also--happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate it!

I'd really love to see it keep going, but this year I don't have the creative "oomph" to participate, myself. I have a whole list of projects I need to finish and I'm behind on all of them. 🙄

I hope others want to do it, though. It's always so much fun to see what everyone is coming up with. ^_^

And even if it ends up taking a break on this weird year, maybe we can try to post some fics over the holidays if we have something laying around or if we're writing something for ourselves? Boost the story section a little. 😏 

I have sort of an idea...

What if, instead of the traditional secret match up way, which proves difficult when there are small numbers because matching people up with stuff they wanna write/people who want stuff gets REALLY tough, there can be a more informal set up?

You know those gift trees for charity and stuff where people put up what they hope to get on a paper star and then someone claims the star and fills the gift?  Sorta like that.

There could be a thread where people post what they would like to get, and then people can claim the wish they want to fulfil.  One person to a wish, so all wishes get a chance to be claimed.  And then if you post a wish you commit to claiming one too.  OR maybe you don't have to post a wish to claim one, so people that see something they'd like to write and want to give a gift can do that!

I mean, it would take away the surprise and anonymity of the gift givers BUT that would have a benefit in that maybe it would encourage people not to flake!

Would y'all be interested in doing something like that?  I think it would really work, and I don't mind looking after keeping it organized because then I could play along this year too!

4 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

What if, instead of the traditional secret match up way, which proves difficult when there are small numbers because matching people up with stuff they wanna write/people who want stuff gets REALLY tough, there can be a more informal set up?

You know those gift trees for charity and stuff where people put up what they hope to get on a paper star and then someone claims the star and fills the gift?  Sorta like that.

There could be a thread where people post what they would like to get, and then people can claim the wish they want to fulfil.  One person to a wish, so all wishes get a chance to be claimed.  And then if you post a wish you commit to claiming one too.  OR maybe you don't have to post a wish to claim one, so people that see something they'd like to write and want to give a gift can do that!

I mean, it would take away the surprise and anonymity of the gift givers BUT that would have a benefit in that maybe it would encourage people not to flake!

Would y'all be interested in doing something like that?  I think it would really work, and I don't mind looking after keeping it organized because then I could play along this year too!

I really like this idea!

I don't think Im up to participating this year, but I do think it would be cool to have a thread of requests and people can fill them if they want. 

I like the idea of a prompt thread, secret Santa or not...I don't write (much) but I come up with ideas here and there and sometimes a writer just wants a bit of inspiration 

On 11/30/2020 at 4:12 PM, SleepingPhlox said:

this is a really good idea! I think it will make it much more hassle free especially for a small group. 

On 11/30/2020 at 4:12 PM, SleepingPhlox said:

That’s a great idea I’d love to help with it this year

4 hours ago, Matt alacran said:

That’s a great idea I’d love to help with it this year

I believe the thread with instructions for participation this year is in the obs/stories section. 

Hi everyone!  The thread is here: LINK

if you want to participate.  Drop a wish in the replies or have a look for one you'd like to fill.  And don't forget to have a quick read of the rules first! :)