Sneeze Fetish Forum

Stubborn and in denial (M)

Hollow

Honestly I should be studying for exams or working on projects that have a deadline in a couple of days, anything but this. And yet here I am, writing this since the idea won't leave my head and apparently writing dumb stuff is how I deal with stress now. I can't really say I am happy with how this turned out at all, the end seems way too rushed to me and it just feels... off. Also this one has a pretty distinct lack of spelled out sneezes since I suck at that, I can never get it to sound right so I couldn't be bothered with that.

Having a job that allowed a person to work almost anywhere they happened to be was ultimately a positive thing, Kimberly had decided a couple of years ago. It allowed seeing friends and family more and with flexible working hours, all the better. For the most part she had no issues with her husband working from home, though the lack of a dedicated office room meant that the kitchen table would be occupied from 9 to 5. Nothing she couldn't deal with, she was at work most of that time anyway and even in her days off she could usually find something better to do than just sit next to Lucas and watch him stare at the laptop screen intently. Yeah, overall she was happy with their little arrangement. It just had a slight issue.

Her husband was really crap at taking some time off.

She was able to tell something was wrong almost right away as he said good morning to her. His voice sounded hoarse and the look on his face was anything but well-rested. Not wanting to immediately jump into conclusions and expect the worst, she didn't comment on his tired appearance. Besides, one of the unwritten rules of their marriage was "no asking questions that cannot be answered with three words or less before morning coffee". Even if she asked how he felt, she would just get the usual "I'm fine", an answer that was clearly not true in this case. Kimberly knew from experience how difficult it was getting Lucas to admit that he was feeling under the weather, a fact that annoyed her. Seriously, was she not there to call him out on his bullshit every now and then, the man would force himself to work the 8 hours a day even if he was half dead. Granted, typing away in front of a laptop isn't the most physically demanding job but she wouldn't exactly call that resting either.

Her suspicions were proven correct just about an hour later when she was sitting on the couch, reading a book. Her mind wasn't really in it, she had probably read the same page half a dozen times already, she kept glancing up at Lucas who sat at his usual spot. He cleared his throat every now and then, each time sounding like the action hurt just a tiny bit more than the last. Clearly he was not feeling 100% and even the thought that he was under the assumption he was hiding it from her was ridiculous. Few minutes later she heard him take a small gasp before making a weird sound she was sure he had never made before. It took Kimberly full three seconds to realise that the sound had been a sneeze. She resisted an urge to roll her eyes, Lucas had never been exactly subtle while sneezing before, what made him think that he could suddenly start now.

"Bless you, you feeling alright?" She asked, sounding as if she hadn't noticed his symptoms far earlier. Just a normal question, not like she was trying to interrogate him. And she wasn't, not really. Well, at least she was trying not to.

"Yea, just a sneeze," came Lucas's answer, sounding even worse than he had earlier in the morning. Kimberly couldn't hold back a frown, knowing he wouldn't see it with his back turned to her.

"You sound like crap," she pointed out.

"It's just allergies."

"Lucas, it is December."

"Some dust in the air."

"We dusted the place last week."

"Kim, I am fine."

Kimberly wanted to argue that he sure didn't look fine but bit her tongue, the less he talked the better for his throat. There was wanting to believe that a person wasn't getting ill and then there was straight up denying the possibility outright. Another few stifled sneezes shook his frame, pausing his typing for a few seconds as he sniffled wetly and looked around for tissues. She picked up the box from the living room table and threw it to him without saying a word. He took a couple and blew his nose loudly. How he was still able to be in denial, she would never know.

Another two hours passed by, Kimberly listening to Lucas's sniffling and sneezing. Finally she gave up on trying to read and put the book back down onto the table, she had maybe gotten through five pages in that entire time. She could no longer just sit by and listen to him clearly suffering. She got into the kitchen and prepared a cup of tea with honey, Well, with the amount of honey she put in the more accurate term would have been boiling honey water with some tea added in but really, details didn't matter that much. When she placed the cup on the table in front of him, he looked up at her as if he wanted to say something. It was then that she got her first good look at his face instead of just his back since the early morning. His skin had always been pale but now she could see the skin around his eyes and nose having an irritated shade of red. He accepted the cup and brought it to his chapped lips but before he could take a sip, his breath hitched softly.

"Hae'kchoo! Oh fuck!" Having no time to react, a sudden sneeze caused him to spill the warm tea on the floor, luckily missing the laptop completely. "I am so sorry!" He apologized quickly and Kimberly couldn't really find the energy or reason to be mad at him. Instead she just looked at him gently.

"It's fine. But honey, we both know you are not feeling well. I think you really should just take it easy for today," her tone was gentle but firm.

"It's not that bad, I can rest after—"

"No."

"But—"

"Okay, here's what's going to happen. I am going to clean this mess," she looked at the spilled tea that was already starting to soak into the carpet. "And then I am going back onto the couch to get a nice, long nap. And I would hope that my husband would join me," her words were soft enough but the way she said them and the look in her face made it clear she wouldn't be taking a no for an answer, not this time. Lucas, finally having to admit that he was feeling at least a little bit off, gave up without further fight, finishing up by saving all the documents he had been working on before closing the laptop lid and moving to the couch. She joined him there a few minutes later. It didn't take Lucas long to fall asleep, leaving Kimberly alone to listen to his soft snoring. Maybe not the ideal way to spend her day off but it had some good moments here and there.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't originally planning to continue this, this was supposed to be just a one off thing. I have two weeks now with pretty much nothing to do though, so I might end up writing a second part if I inspiration strikes.

• 5 weeks later...