Sneeze Fetish Forum

If you could start a YouTube channel

Reader

What would it feature? What would be your niche/content. It might not be a bad idea to consider this for 2021. 

I have a nice voice so I would do voice asmr. My second option would be cooking with the focus on sodium-reduced meals. 

i've been thinking about maybe doing a lifestyle vlog for a while now. maybe someday. ♡

Good subject. I really like Asmr video of sounds or certain voices. I wish you success in your project and I hope you will send me the link. ^_^

Personally, I would probably do a Youtube channel of debates / reflections on important topics that are close to my heart. Kind of like exposing my ideas, theories, sharing my own experiences in certain situations and maybe debating the essence of life, that sort of thing. I love to philosophize, to look into existential questions. I already had the idea to launch myself one day in this project, but I may be a little too shy. Philosophizing alone at home, in my living room and surrounded by music, it's easy, but filming myself doing it would stress me to the highest point. :unsure:

I would love to do reaction videos to movies/TV shows. I always talk through everything I watch either way, running a constant, often snarky, commentary, maybe someone would find that amusing. There are some reactors on Youtube who have a similar sense of humour and sarcasm so it could work. 

Never gonna happen though, since I'm never showing myself on camera. There are no angles flattering enough. :rofl: 

I have actually had a few YouTube channels with varying degrees of success previously. These channels has been about gaming (primarily let's plays) and one of my series got a few hundred thousand views 😅 this got me all kinds of worried since, ironically I don't like the attention or viewership. Thus I removed the videos and the channels. 

I have however, again quite ironic, started to play with the idea of redoing the whole thing but with a wholesome theme, as I feel that there's a lack of wholesomenes in the gaming scene on YouTube 😎

@Chanel_no5
I often watch this kind of video on Youtube. In French, you have the Allociné Youtube Channel on which you can learn tons of things about films. In the style of "Faux Raccord", the two animators reveal the errors which one can see through the films. They use a sarcastic or humorous tone when pointing out mistakes. However, in their videos, we do not see them, there are only their voices and clips from the films. If you have trouble revealing yourself on camera, could you do like them ? Just speak by microphone and incorporate your comments into some movie clips. Their videos are highly regarded. ^_^

For my part, I am a bit like you. When I watch a movie, series, or even a cartoon, I can't help but share my often sarcastic comments about every scene or character. I think it's a great idea to want to go on Youtube to make this kind of video. In addition, people always need to laugh, it's an essential part of life. :razz:

I would love to do let's play's or just general art streaming but alas my laptop is good for neither.

I've recently been thinking of starting a horror youtube similar to Reignbot and others. I've done some voice work in the past and love storytelling so I'd do things like reading creepypastas or doing research into strange phenomena. The only issue is I don't have the time to spare at the moment!

Hmm...I thought of this..but thought no one would care...but since I'm a special education teacher I would do like a teacher reacts where I would would watch anime shows or whatever and give insight on the characters as if they were in my class...or just reacting to things in general.

Maybe a teacher plays...I play video games.

And the pros and cons of being a sped teacher.

Yeah.

@Arty That sounds really niche! And this is a good idea because watching anime is something you do anyways. You enjoy it so you’ve got more motivation than just money.  You can record yourself one day while you’re chilling with an anime show just to see how you feel doing it. There is definitely an audience for this! People love deep diving into characters and this is a unique angle. You should seriously give this a go! 

9 hours ago, oOMariusOo said:

I wish you success in your project and I hope you will send me the link. ^_^

Thank you for your encouraging words! I appreciate it!

@Reader aww thank you.  There is not enough teacher react stuff and the ones I've seen are only history teachers. I teach ela, US history and art. 💜💜💜💜 I would also do art videos tutorials. Remote learning tutorials. I actually had a YouTube channel but I deleted it as it unprofessional and just lacking appeal.

Edited by Arty
23 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Never gonna happen though, since I'm never showing myself on camera. There are no angles flattering enough. :rofl: 

I sincerely doubt that's true Chanel am sure your beautiful! I can understand wanting to remain unseen for personal privacy reasons though. as for myself I would do a channel about history and debunking historical myths I think similar to the following links https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZuXjkFY00p1ga3UyCBbR2w/videos or https://www.youtube.com/c/TimcastIRL  or possibly  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwla_u_9Ock or https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK09g6gYGMvU-0x1VCF1hg or https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWnlQMQ-ACfhpD68yWRsnJw or possibly https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsC--WvN66vZlDoYShzn4sA but I don't think I will actually make my own channel am not computer savvy and would be too much work 

I would probably do let's plays or gaming content.  I grew up with games, so they're near and dear to me. And, maybe a let's play channel would motivate me to finish/play my games and I could get support from my fanbase that would help my recurring anxiety over games I have due to my big backlog.

Could also do a Japanese learning channel, detailing the resources I have and use on both the Internet and physically. This could work with other languages, too, but I'm learning Japanese right now. Plus, feedback might motivate me to do daily/frequent study. I often feel guilty for not studying everyday recently.

I actually do have a Youtube channel but haven't posted much on it. I had a few different plans for what I wanted to do with it, the last of which was to create mediation videos that would include me both chanting and playing musical instruments. The main thing that was stopping me was that I just don't have the best environment to record in, or the best recording equipment. I'm mainly concerned with the audio here rather than the video or lighting.

Background noise is a real problem. I mean honestly I would consider where I live to be fairly quiet, at least compared with a city, but noises that wouldn't normally bother me I become hyper aware of when I'm trying to record and I find them to be very annoying on those sorts of videos. Could be anything from someone closing a door in the house, a neighbor dog barking, a nearby truck making backup sounds, or even just the noise of my own computer fan, which shows up on recordings very well even when using a headset and not the built in mic. And like the fan noise can be filtered out to a certain extent, but it's all those other random noises that I have no clue when they are going to happen that really get me, and the idea of potentially having to do several takes on each video due to these interruptions just feels far too overwhelming. If I lived alone, I'd probably just record after midnight, but I don't want to disturb anyone.

So, I finally decided to just focus on creating art, because that's something I can do without worrying about noise getting into it (unless you count the visual type of noise, but sometimes that's a good thing). Some of this art I will consider to be meditative art, but some of it is just for fun. At some point I may start making videos for Youtube that feature my art, but they will likely just be slideshows set to free stock music, so I wouldn't have to worry about audio recording quality. Someday I'd really love to combine my art with my meditation music, but I don't think that's going to be doable anytime soon.

I want to start one based on disability empowerment and in conjunction too superpowers 

52 minutes ago, Rook said:

I want to start one based on disability empowerment and in conjunction too superpowers 

That's an awesome idea! :)

I used to have a cringy random content/gaming channel but I quit. I would love to do gaming videos though but I just don't have the equipment to do it. I do have a fan channel for some youtubers that is actually doing suprisingly okay so that's pretty fun.

• 10 months later...

I have a YouTube channel! I won't say what my niche is or else it'll expose my identity :yay: but I find the process of creating content for YouTube extremly time consuming but fun regardless! YouTube's alogritim is extremly competitive so it can be hard for newer channels to break that 1k sub mark... equipment can also be expensive but nowadays phone cameras are so good that usually that's all you need. 

I find that with YouTube, conistency and really niching down is what it takes to find relative sucess :) 

• 5 weeks later...

I've been considering doing ASMR videos for a while now. I certainly watch enough of them. Reading stories in soft-spoken or whispered tones.