Sneeze Fetish Forum

estrogen affecting allergies?

Klingon

ok so I was talking with an aquantance a while back and she was mentioning how she has a ton of allergies. I mentioned it seemed weird to me that it seems like most of the people who I know who have them seem to be women, I told her I  know like 3 guys who have them and like 10 women. I said it probly only maybe seems like more women have them in reality but it still seemed weird to me and she responded that it was because women have more estrogen.  my reaction - and I didn't say anything to her about it was - "what does that have anything to do with allergies?" I don't get how that could have any effect on whether a person has allergies or is more likely to get them or not. though I don't really know much about it other then women have higher amounts of it then guys.  where guys have higher testosterone then women. ( though both genders do have both chemicals in their bodies.) there's probly nothing in reality to that right? I mean it's probly only perception of more women having them then guys right? has anybody ever studied that do any of you know?

In college (long ago) a prof said in class that women were more prone to auto immune disorders, including allergies. He didn’t make the link to estrogen though. 

I honestly was pretty skeptical of what the person I talked to was saying, but the studies in the articles seem to indicate she was at least somewhat right. it actually seems to explain some things. I assumed that allergies where in equal numbers in both men and women but only appeared to show more women having them. now I'm not so sure women don't get them more then us guys and worse one's at that. now the studies they quoted where done in mice and not human women but the findings... if they indeed are same as in human women -and I don't see any reason they shouldn't- there might be a way to help women especially (though possibly some men too)  in not getting them in the first place. 

Hormone changes (perimenopause and menopause) and hormonal stress in women, can heighten allergies, and/or create new allergic reactions that weren't there before. At least for me, allergies are much worse during PMS. 

10 hours ago, Butch said:

At least for me, allergies are much worse during PMS. 

I'm only ever sensitive to shellfish during PMS, my skin gets all itchy if I handle or eat it. 🤷‍♀️ It's not bad, but I either avoid it during that time of the month or I pop an antihistamine in advance. The rest of the time - no problem whatsoever. I only recognised this because my mom mentioned once that when she was pregnant she couldn't eat shellfish or tomatoes because she got all itchy and swollen. 

I've heard of women who either got surprise allergies or got rid of existing allergies during pregnancy or menopause. I can't say I've gone through either, but when I turned 30, two things happened at the same time: my previously very reliable cycle became an irregular clusterfuck (thank God I can tell from my mood swings and random body reactions where I'm at so I don't get any nasty surprises), and I started getting sensitive to tree pollen. Just itchy eyes and a bit of itchy throat, but SERIOUSLY??? So yeah, if it's estrogen fluctuations that causes it, I don't know, but those two are definitely related somehow. 

That being said, I think more men have allergies than are willing to admit it, because of the ever-present Macho Law. :lol:  It's very possible women are more prone to allergies in general, but I honestly think plenty of men who say they don't have allergies actually do,  but don't want to admit it, because "it's not manly". Maybe more common in the older generations, but I know a guy in his thirties who is so obviously allergic in spring it's ridiculous, but he insists that he's only unlucky to always catch spring colds. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Chanel_no5
10 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

That being said, I think more men have allergies than are willing to admit it, because of the ever-present Macho Law. :lol:  It's very possible women are more prone to allergies in general, but I honestly think plenty of men who say they don't have allergies actually do,  but don't want to admit it, because "it's not manly". Maybe more common in the older generations, but I know a guy in his thirties who is so obviously allergic in spring it's ridiculous, but he insists that he's only unlucky to always catch spring colds. :rolleyes: 

I concur. My husband spent the better part of 10 years telling me he was sick, when I knew he was just allergic to things. 😄

Estrogen promotes the release of histamine. I always feel "sick" right before that time, and two days later, I'm totally fine again. I've also developed new allergies in my 40s and had other allergies get better as I got older. Women are strange creatures. 😊

yeah I knew you could get allergies at any age and I don't know about it "not being manly" I've never heard anyone express such a sentiment that I know of. I've heard anger at having them expressed equally among genders. but never any idea of allergies aren't manly or feminine for that matter. and having allergies doesn't make a person less of a man or woman. it just means certain things suck i have always been fortunate not to have any known allergies myself. I am very grateful for that because i see what others have gone through and I feel bad for them, and guilty that "hayfever" is what I like most as far as the fetish is concerned. for me the perfect situation is a woman with semi-severe nasal allergies, but without any eye symptoms that loves her allergies and wants to "play" with them all the time. yet even with such a woman I would be unable to really play around, because I would feel so guilty about it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             when the woman i know who first mentioned the whole estrogen thing, my first reaction was that it was just nonsense an old wives tale sort of thing but now I see she was right about it. I wonder how she learned of it. I can't help but wonder if maybe it might be part of the key, to stopping people from getting allergies in the first place. I also wonder if maybe there are other health related problems it might help with. thing that bothers me though is if we figure out how to cure allergies, there might be some A*****E who might use that, try to figure out how to give people allergies. I know at first glance it might sound stupid but there are always low lives who can't resist doing things like that. Nuclear power is a perfect example it was intended by the vast majority of scientists to give people a better form of power for their homes, cars and things.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              but of course then certain a*****es started the "manhatten project"- a terror we still have not gotten rid of and probly never will. I'm torn because I want allergies (and all other diseases and such things) erridicated yet at the same time, I love to see an allergic woman sneezing like crazy but seeming to use her allergies for her own enjoyment. I'm not a doctor so I don't know how estrogen -or any of the other mechanics of it- really work but i hope soon allergies will like many other things be a thing of the past. something people 60 or 100 years from now only exist in memories and stories from the past. rather then something people still have to deal with! 

Edited by Kurn'la
tried to make it easier to read...

oh my gosh @Kurn'la i am trying so hard to read what you wrote but my adhd WILL NOT let me read a wall of text without paragraph breaks. i have tried like five times

4 minutes ago, Kurn'la said:

sorry am not a good writer!

your sentences are fine! i just need like. every three to five sentences,

can you put a line break like this one?

On 12/30/2020 at 3:58 PM, Butch said:

Estrogen promotes the release of histamine. I always feel "sick" right before that time, and two days later, I'm totally fine again.

Wait.  Holy crap.  Today I learned there is an actual reason for this.  I never questioned it, it was just a thing that happened that let me know my period was coming up.  Wow! 😲

On 12/29/2020 at 11:57 PM, Butch said:

At least for me, allergies are much worse during PMS. 

what my Cherokee friend calls her "Moon time" I don't get the reference but am not Cherokee. I have had other women tell me though that their allergies are worse the closer to it they get and then the sooner after it ends the better their allergies are. I thought it was just something they where... I don't want to say I thought that was in their heads but I don't know how else to put it. I doubted it had anything to do with each other. I guess now we know it's actually true for them.

On 12/30/2020 at 4:58 PM, Butch said:

I always feel "sick" right before that time, and two days later, I'm totally fine again.

Oh fuck yeah, every time!  Didn't know it was for that reason, but I did know the two were related, I just thought my body was being a moody bitch to me. I'm very hot-blooded, so the only time I ever feel chilled (unless it's really, really cold) and just can't get warm enough, is at that time of the month, and when I'm coming down with something. It's been particularly crappy this year because I've had to self-isolate just to be on the safe side.

22 minutes ago, Kurn'la said:

what my Cherokee friend calls her "Moon time" I don't get the reference but am not Cherokee.

More that you're not a woman. The menstrual cycle is very close to the moon cycle (about 28 days) so referencing the moon in relation to that is common among women everywhere. 👩‍🏫 :lol: 

maybe Chanel maybe I got the feeling it had something to do with their traditions or religion but as I said Not Native American I wish I was. the Native American people (and I know several) have a unique and awesome and mostly noble Heritage.

a different friend who is a mix of Oglala Lakota Nation and Northern Cheyenne Nation told me that during the "moon time" (though she didn't call it that) said that unmarried women would actually be separated from the main part of the villages, during that time, in a tipi out at the edge of the villages.

she said among her people that time was seen (traditionally speaking) as a time of great magic and power for the women, but also a great time of danger because evil spirits would sense the power of the women during that time. they would try to take that power from the women and cause misery and trouble for the villages as a whole in the process.

of course they didn't know about blood carrying disease back then, but they where smart enough to realize there was something about it that could bring sickness. still it's amazing that estrogen can have such an effect on the body, as to help cause such trouble as allergies and moon time. 

1 hour ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Oh fuck yeah, every time!  Didn't know it was for that reason, but I did know the two were related, I just thought my body was being a moody bitch to me. I'm very hot-blooded, so the only time I ever feel chilled (unless it's really, really cold) and just can't get warm enough, is at that time of the month, and when I'm coming down with something. It's been particularly crappy this year because I've had to self-isolate just to be on the safe side.

Yes exactly! I go through a period of being almost too warm for a day. The day before, though, I become downright chilled. It's common even in summer, to be putting on fleece pajamas on that day and even that doesn't feel like enough. I also tend to get sick around that time, if I'm going to at all. Body's defenses are just down. Hormones are such a pain sometimes. 

that's weird I've never heard that before... I've heard from a half Japanese woman friend of mine that the day before her " moon time" (back before the hysterectomy about 7 years ago ) she would become insatiably aroused the day before the new "moon time" and no matter what she did she "would still be unbearably aroused" then of course then she would get all sore and all that. I wonder though if that was basicly the same body mechanics, as Butch and Chanel have described with the feeling warm/cold the day before, only with a different effect. am very glad not to be a woman! (no offence to women intended) I regret women have to go through dealing with such things! 

7 hours ago, Butch said:

I also tend to get sick around that time, if I'm going to at all. Body's defenses are just down. Hormones are such a pain sometimes. 

Same! I actually asked my dentist about the hormone part of it because my gums tend to itch and bleed a lot at that time. She thought about it and said "makes sense, that hormone outpour affects all mucus membranes so I'm not surprised at all." Also makes sense that mucus membranes elsewhere are more sensitive. 

4 hours ago, Kurn'la said:

she would become insatiably aroused the day before the new "moon time" and no matter what she did she "would still be unbearably aroused"

Okay, now we're starting to get into a territory that might be more suitable for Adult board, but yes, that is... known to happen. :rofl: 

6 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Okay, now we're starting to get into a territory that might be more suitable for Adult board, but yes, that is... known to happen. :rofl: 

I meant nothing Adult about it, it was simply something I had heard that might have had relevance, in the discussion in a generalized way. I apologize if anybody is offended and I had no intention of breaking any rules. I find it interesteing that some of you seem to get sick specificly  at that time. it seems odd to me but makes sense in a way considering the situation of the hormones involved. it makes sense in a weird way, if the hormones are all jumbled up and sort of in a confused state then...  yeah makes weird sense.