Sneeze Fetish Forum

New Years Resolutions!

•.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.•

AYO WHAT UP let's do this. New thread with no specified year in the title so we can keep coming back to it forever!

What is everyone's goals for the next year? we're heading into 2021 and a lot of us i think have no loftier goals than "fucking survive" which is completely reasonable after the hell we've all just been through, BUT if anybody does want to share what they're going to try to get out of the next year, I think that would be super nice! 

I'll go first! My goals for the next year are:

• Read more books! I really want to dedicate myself to putting more books into my brain. I have like 5 new books to start me out, and I'm going to try to read them all this year, and then maybe some more if i get that far!!
  • Continue to pursue witchcraft. I already have made a little bit of progress on this one this year, but I'd really like to dedicate myself to incorporating much more witchcraft into my daily life by the end of 2021.
  • Continue to pursue better mental health. I got a therapist in the last year, and I'd like to continue making progress to get myself to a healthier emotional and mental state because I don't want to live constantly fighting against myself to get anything done anymore. it's exhausting!! and like, you know. i'd like to be default-happy, rather than like. default uneasy and a little randomly guilty and sad.
  • Open commissions again! I'd really like to be able to manage my stress and my time and ENERGY enough to be able to open art commissions and start to make a little money again. I am going to strive to get to this place by the end of 2021.
  • Fix my body and see a bunch of doctors. This one is pretty basic, I have sustained a whole lotta very very inconvenient injuries and i am way overdue for multiple annual checkups. I'd like to get all of that taken care of by the end of the year.
  • Continue to pursue a body that I would like living in. Right now i'm not super happy with the shape of me or the condition I keep myself in, so I'm gonna strive towards a shape and condition that I can feel good about. <33

They're not the most ambitious goals, but I think they're good enough for me!! I'll be really happy if I meet all of these by a year from now. Anybody else want to share their own? 

It's a good idea for a subject, I like it a lot. ^_^

Witchcraft ? This is a point that interests me as well. What are you looking for in this area ?
Read more books. It was one of my resolutions for the year 2020. :razz:

So to me, for the year 2021:
1) I would like to at least realize one of my big projects. I have several major projects in the works. Write a novel. Make the start of my website. Make videos on Youtube. Acquire knowledge in game-design or audiovisual. So I would like to do at least one of these projects.

2) Continue to do indoor sports and for June, register to learn Aikido.

3) Find my rhythm of life. Right now, I sleep either during the day or at night, I'm not trying to wake up at a specific time or go to bed at such a time. So I would like to be able to structure my daily life a little better.

Happy New Year to you all and good luck with your resolutions. :thumbsup2:

39 minutes ago, oOMariusOo said:

It's a good idea for a subject, I like it a lot. ^_^

thank you! i can't take credit tho, originally this idea is from @Stimuli! ♡

44 minutes ago, oOMariusOo said:

Witchcraft ? This is a point that interests me as well. What are you looking for in this area ?

Well, I'd like to incorporate doing magic more every day, or at least studying it a bit every day. I've learned this year that a LOT of witchcraft is just research and taking notes. I want to do a lot more of that in the coming year. I also have a couple of tomes that i'd love to start filling with spells, herb and crystal correspondences, and other information like that. Maybe buy some more essential oils. I'd really love to make myself some crystal amulets as well. Just for starts!! I'd also love to try and hone my element work a bit. Also maybe get more in tune with my intuition. Maybe learn more about divination? There's so much more about witchcraft that I am so interested in learning tbh!!

Hmm.. 

I'd like to continue to work on deepening friendships I already have, and also make new friends. I'd love to get around to reading ALL the books I bought during lockdown. I'd love to start writing my book again. I want to work on relearning to trust my gut feelings about people and things in life. I think that's about it! ☺️

The past year I prioritised learning how to sew using 19th century techniques, this year I want to focus on getting back in shape. I swore 5 years ago I'd never get to this weight again, so my new year's resolution is lose the stone of weight that is making my life uncomfortable whilst maintaining the leg muscles I gained this year walking, get more flexible and be ready to dance when the world starts up again! :)

That is going to take all my willpower, so I'm sticking with one resolution, and yes, it's the most often made one of all. :lol: I claim no originality.

Wonderful idea :D (don't worry Q, mine was quite year specific and man, did I pick a bad year huh? 🤣

My new year resolutions are as follows:

1, Be a better person (quite loose eh?) 

2, Give to those in need, from what I have which I don't need. 

3, Less procrastination! 

4, defeat bad stigmas! 

5, workout (at home) 

That's it! I look forwards to going back to this and checking up :D

I can never think of resolutions when asked to, but I know there is a tonne of things I should be doing :lol:

I need to get back into exercise - lockdown has made me decidedly lazy in that respect.

Every year I aim to read more books than I did the previous year. This isn’t the most realistic goal in 2021 because I’ll have much less free time than I did in 2020 but I still hope to at least read a respectable amount.

I also want my Spotify playlist of songs discovered in 2021 to be longer than my 2020 playlist. (So if anyone wants to help me out and share good songs with me, I would be thrilled😁)

I have so many... but a few key ones:

1. Save enough money so that moving into a place of my own is feasible and a practical decision. This one's more of a 5-year-plan type deal, but I can work on saving more and budgeting this year.
  2. Not to lose weight, but to have a healthy lifestyle. I feel like it's a lot easier to shed pounds when you have a good lifestyle in place. Being more routine, y'know?
  3. Begin selling my jewelry on Etsy or some other site. My friend and I are finally getting together for a joint store, but if it falls or not, I'd like to just do my own thing either way.
  4. And lastly, start finishing more things. Like, in general. Books, movies, tv shows, projects, stories/fics, paying debts, etc. I want to have more finality in my life so I can feel just a wee bit more accomplished, plus I owe it to myself to enjoy more things than I've been allowing myself.

Every new year I always pick a different illegal substance to not try because then I will have a new years resolution that I actually will complete. Having done this for probably more than a decade now, I've had to resort to internet searches because I'm running out of illegal drugs that I have heard of. So this year my official new years resolution is to not use Khat. 

That being said I would really like to lose weight. I tried commiting to exercise a few months ago and fell off the wagon. Some days were successful, but most days I ended up sad and struggling with the realities of what I can and can't do (yay chronic health issues and disabilities). This week I started a calendar and decided I'm going to try to combat my episodes of binge eating which will hopefully at least get me back down to the weight plateau I was at.  

finish building my two AR-15's, ( #1 is standard 5.56mm Ammo and #2 is .300 Blackout Ammo) purchase a ton more ammo and return to C.Q.B (and other including survival) training.   

My resolutions/goals:

1. Complete my LNC course

2. lose 60* pounds

3. Complete reading list for the year

4. start and keep gratitude journal

5. start job search in July after I have 6+ months experience working at the shelter

* I won’t complain if it exceeds 60 pounds.  

5 hours ago, aggedy_ann said:

2. lose 60* pounds

* I won’t complain if it exceeds 60 pounds.  

I doubt that's needed am sure your a beautiful woman just as you are!

11 hours ago, Kurn'la said:

hey kurnla? please let people set their own goals! thank you :)

This is a nice thread! I haven't thought too much about this yet and I feel like it really helps me to write these kinds of things down in a place where they might be seen by others. Here's what I'm hoping for:

1. Follow through with my existing plans for the year, especially in regards to helping my girlfriend move into our apartment in the Spring. Continue to pay attention to my feelings within our relationship and communicate them consistently and honestly as we plan our future.
  2. Process my feelings in general. Writing everything out in a Google doc and essentially talking to myself and then evaluating whether these feelings are necessary to bring up interpersonally has been helpful in understanding myself and strengthening my relationships with others, and it's also been nice having a record of everything I've been going through and what I've thought about all of it. I want to keep doing that. It's cathartic to be unabashed with myself and then sometimes bring those experiences to others.
  3. Spend less time playing mindless little phone games while on the phone and watching TV and try to refocus that energy into something creative instead: painting, tattooing, making jewelry, or something new.
  4. Schedule visits with the people I love whom I haven't seen in a while, and with new people I've been meaning to meet up with for a long time. After a years-long break from travel, I feel ready to host and be hosted again.
  5. A periphery goal is applying and testing for an advanced license in my field that will come with all sorts of major benefits, and then considering transitioning to working at a new agency. I love where I work now, but the pay is less than what I deserve and the job itself is dangerous, which has me burning out lately. I'm not sure what to do about it as I've had seesawing feelings of being overwhelmed and ready to quit on the spot versus really enjoying my coworkers and clients and the overall framework of my position. I'm sure my answer will be clearer as things change more and more and our world stabilizes. Realistically, as I type this out, I'm expecting this to happen a year from now instead, when my own life has stabilized a bit more, too.

Either way, I'm optimistic. I'm expecting a lot of changes, but I've taken the past two years to prioritize my health, lifestyle, and career, and am ready to share this best version of myself with another person and integrate our lives with one another. Thank you all for reading!

18 hours ago, Kurn'la said:

Pretty sure my reasons have nothing to do with my appearance.  

Also, just a tip, it’s a but creeper-ish to make comments about appearance to someone you’ve never interacted with.  

that wasn't my intention was just trying to be nice Aggedy Ann i apologize if I offended you!  

My resolution is to try and be more active creativity-wise, and also be more active when it comes to commenting on stuff I enjoy instead of commenting in my head and just move on. 

This is not a resolution because if it were I should already have a plan and gotten started, but I'll try to be a bit healthier in my lifestyle, and if I succeed, I might manage to fit into the pantsuit I still keep from when I was in politics. Not that I have anywhere to wear it to, but I feel sexy and powerful in it. :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

In December out of curiosity when down a YT rabbit hole, I watched a clip of someone sat in the most extreme yoga lotus position. He explained and showed all of the things he did weekly to be able to do it and that it could take up to a year to achieve.

I've never attempted anything of the sort before so what the hell - I'm now doing all kinds of hip opening stretches making all kinds of noises and can see why he reckons it could take a year!

If I am still doing this in 11 months time I'll drop my trousers on the Town Hall steps but 18 days in I am still at it.

I've done the typical January thing of a whole new eating regime that i won't bore you with for now.

Namaste x

4 hours ago, Superman said:

In December out of curiosity when down a YT rabbit hole, I watched a clip of someone sat in the most extreme yoga lotus position. He explained and showed all of the things he did weekly to be able to do it and that it could take up to a year to achieve.

I've never attempted anything of the sort before so what the hell - I'm now doing all kinds of hip opening stretches making all kinds of noises and can see why he reckons it could take a year!

If I am still doing this in 11 months time I'll drop my trousers on the Town Hall steps but 18 days in I am still at it.

I've done the typical January thing of a whole new eating regime that i won't bore you with for now.

Namaste x

I too dabbled in the fine arts of yoga for a while since my lady is extremely stretchy and I got kinda jealous 😄

I, however, am as stretchy as a dried up, fleetwood plank, but it's due time for a change :D

• 9 months later...

soooo I'm just being super nosy here :yay: but as a little social experiment, who here has completed or kept up any of these since it's nearing the end of the year? Absoluutely no judgement or any negative intention whatsover :) I just never manage to keep up new years resolutions and am just curious if some of you can and how you stay motivated to do it during the whole year!

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2021 at 1:40 AM, Melody said:

soooo I'm just being super nosy here :yay: but as a little social experiment, who here has completed or kept up any of these since it's nearing the end of the year? Absoluutely no judgement or any negative intention whatsover :) I just never manage to keep up new years resolutions and am just curious if some of you can and how you stay motivated to do it during the whole year!

I certainly has not really kept any of my new years resolutions 😅 I have cut down on my smoking significantly but... Other than that? Nope 😅