Sneeze Fetish Forum
Morningsmith

Nose Blowing on Zoom - Odd?

Morningsmith

I have come to appreciate a colleague’s sneezing pattern. He’s a handsome, extremely tall German man with silver hair. We have these hour-long, weekly video conferences an it seems like, in the most of them, this will happen once. A loud single sneeze, usually uncovered but sometimes caught in a tissue, and then a very loud, honking nose blow. At first these were big meetings and everyone was muted, so I couldn’t gage the loudness, but now they’re quite small and we mostly don’t bother, so I can always hear.

I am definitely not complaining, but does it strike anyone else as slightly atypical to just loudly and openly blow your nose on a work video call without muting or anything? He just seems totally unselfconscious about it.

Starlight2337

It's a German thing 😂. you hear massive, honking noseblows everywhere in Germany, even in nice restaurants. I'm not a fan of blowing in general and especially not honking blows, but Germany would be a dream for someone into that. 

allergyboy2001

The etiquette does seem a little different these days, when we all have mute buttons. 🙂

But some older guys who are comfortable with blowing their noses live in a face-to-face meeting, don't really care about muting on the computer, either. This surely happens in the US too, though I haven't seen it yet.

There's probably some tendency for younger people to not blow their noses at all in meetings, unless absolutely desperate? I read some random thing on the Internet one time, where younger guys were complaining how during a company meeting, the "baby boomers" all pulled out their handkerchiefs at one point or another and vigorously used them.

Hajo
On 1/21/2021 at 10:51 PM, Starlight2337 said:

It's a German thing 😂. you hear massive, honking noseblows everywhere in Germany, even in nice restaurants. I'm not a fan of blowing in general and especially not honking blows, but Germany would be a dream for someone into that. 

Ha, ha! As a German (with not so much experiences about the sneezing and nose blowing behaviour abroad to be able to judge about) I can only confirm: Nose blowing in public is common here, I guess the majority of people isn´t embarassed about. Good for me as guy, who loves blows. Nevertheless -in a video conference I probably would mute my microphone, I guess it´s still another situation as in a train or bus f.e....