Sneeze Fetish Forum
brokensneeze

Do sick sneezes sound different from normal ones? (study)

brokensneeze

Before the pandemic possibly nobody except fetishists would have cared to think about this enough to conceive of such a study, but now there is one.
https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.org/article/healthy-sneezes-coughs-sound-just-like-sick-ones

Apparently, it isn't possible to detect whether someone is sick from the sound of his or her sneeze (or cough) better than random chance.

peach_princess

Thank you for sharing this study! It makes me wonder if one would be able to detect the difference if they know how the other person usually sneezes. Like, if your loved one is sick, would you hear the difference?..

beatlelover22

Speaking for myself and my partner, I can definitely tell when they have a cold versus when it's just their allergies. Their cold sneezes tend to be more teasy and often more congested-sounding?? I know the study suggested people can't tell but maybe if you *know* the person sneezing/are friends with them, then you'd start to recognize the differences? Idk haha but cool study!

groundcontrol

Yes, but what if I’ve made it my life’s purpose to listen to sneezes? Take that one researchers 😁