Sneeze Fetish Forum

Stifling dangers???

BigTymePlayer25

I've read a few stories online over the past several years of people really hurting themselves while holding in a big sneeze.

I had a friend a few years back that watched me stifle a few sneezes and said "be careful that could cause an aneurysm"!!! I googled it and sure enough there have been some cases of that and other scary things happening. Some people have damaged their ears and their throats.

I usually let out my sneezes but if I'm in a quiet place like church or in a meeting sitting close to someone I'll hold it in. I have spring allergies so my big fits get embarrassing at times so stifling has always been a good option. And now with the covid crisis I don't want to even let out a big sneeze in public for fear of freaking everyone out. :(

should I try to break my bad habit of stifling at times? Or is the risk so small that I shouldn't worry about it? 

I was literally just talking to my partner about this a couple of days ago. I've been a habitual stifler my entire life (so 20+ years) and haven't ever had an issue, but reading horror stories about people destroying their throats by stifling is a scary prospect. I'd wager for most people, there isn't a high risk associated with it, but I don't know which factors contribute to that. 

Edited by Gee

most commonly i've heard of ppl damaging their ear drums that way. idk, i think probably it's not healthy but also i only have anecdotal evidence. probably something to look up actual research on if you're really concerned. 

As someone who will normally stifle if they are around people so as to avoid the embarrassment factor, I dislike reading these horror stories. Sometimes stifling does really make my throat hurt and I do worry that one time it will be a bit more serious. For the most part, I think it is probably OK, but all medical advice seems to point to it not being a good idea.