Sneeze Fetish Forum

Most online record smashed

NoV

I have absolutely no idea, but I was online at the time and it looked like the majority of users were checking threads in the Website support and Announcements subforums. A little while ago there were some 700 users active at the same time (just shy of previous most online record) and the majority were reading chunks of threads in specific subforums at the same time. It was really weird. My best guess is that it was some sweeping bot thing, or hacker activity, maybe seeking security blind spots to target. If so, it probably wasn't aimed at this forum specifically, could have been trying Invision forums in general. 

But I don't know. 🤷‍♀️

does the tracker count guests? could've been some popular post or article or tweet resurfaced and brought some spectators

Edited by •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.•
On 3/12/2021 at 8:36 PM, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

does the tracker count guests?

I believe it does. There have definitely been previous visitor spikes when we have been 'outed' on various social media outlets, but never to this extent. Did a quick search and couldn't find anything regarding the forum out there at that time. Maybe Chanel is right with the bots theory. Creepy :scared:

It was more than likely bots. We've had them before. They come and go.

On 3/8/2021 at 9:34 PM, Chanel_no5 said:

I have absolutely no idea, but I was online at the time and it looked like the majority of users were checking threads in the Website support and Announcements subforums. A little while ago there were some 700 users active at the same time (just shy of previous most online record) and the majority were reading chunks of threads in specific subforums at the same time. It was really weird. My best guess is that it was some sweeping bot thing, or hacker activity, maybe seeking security blind spots to target. If so, it probably wasn't aimed at this forum specifically, could have been trying Invision forums in general. 

But I don't know. 🤷‍♀️

This might have something to do with the "community not found" error we had last Wednesday. 

• 4 weeks later...

image.png 

Woohoo! Most online record smashed again by the bot army :lol: 

Also, 10,001 members now. Amazing considering there are only ~70 active regular posters.