Sneeze Fetish Forum

Life without a sneeze fetish?

Bless you, Hi

Hi! Have you ever REALLY wondered (like longterm) how different your life would be if your brain interpreted sneezing as an unexceptional bodily function? I know it's weird asking what life would be like without the greatest kink ever lol For example, those that write fic, I know Victorian is popular, but would you have written a similar story researching/exploring the same characters and plot because you're interested in the era or never bothered because the interest revolves around the fetish? Did an obs become a friendship or crush that would not have happened if you didn't notice or care about their sneezing at first? Maybe you'd even define your sexuality differently? Or maybe u have difficulty finding arousal without the fetish? This started with me looking for new sneeze material and thought, "If I didn't like sneezing, what would I be doing right now?" lol

I have thought about it in the past, as a matter of fact. For one thing - it probably would've made life less awkward, seeing as sneezing, colds and allergies wouldn't have been anything special to me. The thought of being able to talk to people about those common things without being embarrassed is somewhat appealing, actually. Since the fetish is my only real writing motivation, I don't imagine I would've been writing. As a result, my English skills wouldn't have been as honed as they are toady (it's kind of sad that I can't tell people how I managed to improve my English 😅).To sum it up - there are pros and cons to having this fetish 😂

I wouldn't have bothered learning English to the extent that I have. There are still instances when I really feel the language barrier hitting hard, and I still run into expressions and words that I have NO idea what they mean, but in general, I think my English skills are fairly good. They wouldn't be if I hadn't had the driving force to learn so I could read (and later write) sneezefics and communicate with other fetishists.

I do write non-fetish fics too, but when I have writer's block it's always easier to push through it for sneeze writing. :lol: Probably would have given up all attempts at writing long ago if it wasn't for the fetish that always keeps me going, if only a little bit. 

All the friends I've made and all the different perspectives I've gotten a peek into, none of that would have happened without it. 

So yeah, the fetish has shaped me in lots of ways that have absolutely nothing to do with sexuality, which is why I wouldn't want to be without it. 

I hate to be a downer but I sometimes wish I didn't have the fetish. Mind you, for me it's more of a caretaking kink. The sneezing just connects to it. I went years without knowing I had it and although I'm happy to know it now, I feel it has added complicated things too much for me. It's difficult to match one-on-one with someone who likes the same things I do, it's also difficult to find the sort of content I like or someone to talk about it. And I already get nervous about being able to find a partner. I want to find someone who's able to indulge me, but I'm also scared of talking about it because I feel like they'll reject me. It just brings a set of anxieties with me. Then again, I'm just generally an anxious person. That said, I'm glad to know this part of myself and that it has lead me to a community of really cool people. 😀

When I was really depressed after my breakdown, I was on medication combos that completely killed anything sexual for me, including the fetish.  Sneezing was just a thing for a few years since I had zero interest in anything sexual.  And to be honest, I missed it.   I mean, I missed more than the fetish...I missed the whole sexual aspect of myself that I lost, and the fetish was a special, unique part of it, along with my caretaking kink.   Losing it, I felt lie part of myself was missing, and I’m glad it came back.  

I also missed the community aspect and the creativity that came with it.  Yes, there’s the awkwardness, but I think that comes with a lot of kinks.  *shrugs*. Anyway, I’m glad I have it.  I lived life without it.  And I hope I never have to again.   

It’s hard to imagine what it would be like because it has been a part of my life since I was really young. Starting as just a fascination and then developing into something sexual as I got older. So in a way it was kind of my introduction to me thinking about my sexual identity. I am autistic so dating was not something I had much interest in doing until young adulthood. So without the fetish I might have explored that at a younger age due to not having any other way of exploring that part of myself. Or maybe I would have just found another way to explore that didn’t involve dating if I explored at all. Either way I think my sexual development would have been vastly different without the fetish. 

i would not be moving 900 miles away from my current location come august, which is very weird to think about. i would have less ptsd (dated someone i met through the kink who was hellaciously abusive). i would also not be dating girlfriend one (also met through the kink) or girlfriend two (met through girlfriend one). i would not be sitting on my couch eating tacos lovingly prepared for me after a full day of driving by girlfriend two. my social circle would be so dramatically different in almost every conceivable way, i absolutely cannot fathom what my life would have been like if i had been born without this kink. i genuinely think i would borderline be a completely different person

edit: holy fuck i would not have my cat, who i adopted with someone i met through this forum when we used to live together. what a dark timeline

Edited by jejune

I really like your question, it's very philosophical, I love it. To be or not to be, that is the question. I have often meditated on this, what my life would be without fetishism. It is true that when we think about it, it is often this specific attraction that leads us towards such or such a path. I already fell in love with women sneezing, if I hadn't had them, I might not have noticed these people.

For example, I remember once hearing a woman sneeze in the toilet at work. The power of the sneeze vibrated the door and echoed throughout the room. When I saw which of my colleagues came out, she occupied my thoughts for a very long time for several months, years and even today I think of her. (I even thought at that moment that she came in there so that she could sneeze or even be sneezed). If I hadn't had this sneezing fetish, I probably would have walked past the toilet door without even paying attention and it wouldn't have impacted my thoughts for all these years.

Regarding my fictions, I love to write, it's one of my passions. If I hadn't had my sneeze fetish, I would focus more on my non-erotic stories. I would then experience a whole other pleasure, because when I write a novel or a classic story, I feel mostly fun, whereas with my fictions of sneezing, I am rather excited. x)

For my private life, if I wasn't attracted to sneezing, I think I would have been attracted to something else entirely. We all have our differences, some like sneezing, others noses, eyes, legs, buttocks, chests, hands, feet, domination, submissions, materials, always at different levels and from different angles of view. It is true that for sneezing, it is very different. Seeing someone sneeze in the street is something you can't always hide and for a sneeze fetish, it is a combination of intimacy for all to see. Which can be very disconcerting. So I think my life, my daily life would have been less troubled or disturbed and I could have focused my mind on other less intimate and personal matters.

Nonetheless, I pride myself on being a sneeze fetish because I see my fetish as a very sweet, tender and complex attraction. When I sometimes hear about other people around me who are more focused on the buttocks or the chest, I find their words blunt and without any real tenderness. If I hadn't had this sweeter attraction, I might have been like them. :unsure:

In conclusion, my sneezing fetish has led me to who I am today, to my core identity. I feel a lot of good being as I am. Even though my daily life can be disturbed or embarrassed, I have learned to live this way and when I see certain people around me, who only focus on the surface of things. I am rather proud to be what I am. :razz:

Having said that, I also agree with what Travel says when it says it complicates things. It is often very difficult to be able to talk about it freely with other people. To be able to talk about it with his wife, that she can really understand us. Basically, there is really only here or on other websites where we can find people who really understand us, but we are often too dispersed around the world to be able to find ourselves.

Loneliness or the anguish of rejection, for a fetishist is very often unbearable. It would be so much easier if everyone had the same attractions, but no, the universe is a fan of diversity. Maybe one day, in a few centuries, people will be more open to the differences of others. Fortunately, it is already happening slowly. More and more people accept homosexuality and even other attractions. ^_^

@aggedy_ann
I am very saddened by your story, I sincerely sympathize. In a way, I went through a bit of the same thing. During my childhood and part of my adolescence, I found myself cut off from everything and I always felt that I had lost a lot of possibilities at this level. My fetishism wasn't the main cause, but it was part of it because I felt way too different.

Very interesting question.

Sometimes I think about it, what life would be like if I were attracted to something more “normal”. But I feel like I would have missed out on this special part of me that gets my heart racing and giddy like a first crush. I don’t think I’d ever want to get rid of that. 

I have really accepted it as a major part of my life, and I celebrate it. I’m uniquely me, and I won’t ever be ashamed of that. 

I don’t think I would trade it if I had the chance. :) 

• 4 months later...

I think that life would be a tad bit boring without this fetish. I like the fact that something so natural can make me turn on in a snap. Also, it makes me pay attention to little things that no one would pay attention to. Like, the nose and the way someone looks bundled up in a big cozy jacket before going out in the snow or rain.

Also without the fetish I would think that sick people don't look attractive in any way, and that makes me sad 😭 (If I ever get a partner, and they got sick, and they were self conscious about the way they looked, I would say that they still looked great because that is how I see them) 

I'm glad to have this SFW fetish, and I've always had it, since I was young. It has always been a part of my life.

• 3 weeks later...

i would not have counted how many times i sneezed the other day, and noticed how no one said bless you lol (or felt awkward when i say bless you!) 

Honestly, I wish I was normal a LOT. Part of the reason is because I identify as aromantic / gray-sexual, and I wonder how much of that is attributed to the fetish. Definitely the gray-sexual part.  I just am not very interested in "normal" vanilla sex. It doesn't click for me. I'm not sure how the fetish would make me aromantic, so that's up for debate, but yeah, it would be nice to be allo. I think it would make it easier to fit in with society a bit more.

At the same time, I don't really mind not dating people about 99% of the time. And it is really nice to have something that makes you go from 0 to 100 instantly. 😅 I just wish I could find someone where I could just induce them or we could have an arrangement or something. But then my aro-ness kicks in and I'm like, blah, I don't want anyone else involved in this, I'll stick to fiction and imagination.

I AM relieved that this fetish is pretty much SFW and harmless. People do often think it's weird but generally more of a "cute" weird than a gross/scary weird. It's better than a lot of alternatives!

Interesting question that I do sometimes find myself contemplating. I have to say that while, yes, life would be far simpler and less awkward without the fetish, it would also be much more bland and less nuanced. I even find it instrumental for who I am, for my identity, that I have this weird kink of sneeze fetish, and I’m often not primarily focused on vanilla sexuality. I must also agree with oOMariusOo that ours is a very ”sweet” fetish, and a much more tender, complex, and intricate attraction, than the blunt and often superficial image of sexuality held by most ”normies”. Overall, it’s a very welcome ”spice” (probably pepper :razz:) in my life. As others have indicated, the fetish has also influenced some totally non-sexual aspects of my life. For example, after the Pokémon-craze of my generation was over, I used to hate, hate, HATE anime and manga, seeing it as a gross violation of ”Rahvaus” (which is a whole other concept to explain), but thanks to this awesome community, I was introduced to my current favourite anime-fandom, Axis Powers Hetalia, and saw that anime can be good, too. There surely are other such points, but that’s one that comes to mind, right now.

TL;DR: I definitely would NOT want to live without my sneeze fetish.

Saimou

On 9/24/2021 at 5:59 AM, BigDB said:

I feel like life would be so much simpler…

💯 while I know that everyone probably has some kind of kink that would seem “unusual” to others, I often just feel like a freak. Like, if other people knew I would be labeled at “that guy”. Probably irrational thinking, but that’s where I’m at

• 1 year later...

sometimes i wish i was into more “normal” things that are more widely accepted, it would definitely make a lot of things a lot easier and less awkward for me since most people don’t really come across their kink scenarios in everyday life lol. deep down i’m still a little ashamed of it

Wow, I couldn't imagine what it'd be like to not have this fetish. In some ways, I'm sure day to day life would be simpler, maybe even a bit boring.

I honestly am glad i have it. I feel like it spices the day up to have a random observation. I'm glad something so simple as a sneeze gets my attention 

What's life without legs?  I could realistically imagine that but it's such a part of who I am it's just in the theoretical realm.

Life without it would be so fucking wonderful. my romantic and sexual life would be so normal and simple. but i wouldn't have some great friendships I made here which I would never trade anythin ;( everything happens for a reason ❤️ 

The fact that I know exactly what's turns me on, is something I wouldn't change. The part that I found difficult is talking to people I have already confidence in. I'm not the type of person to force things out my way (In this case talking to fetichist only to create a bound). There's a lot of kink that are just more usual, but it's not the case for sneezing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 1:25 PM, Bless you, Hi said:

Hi! Have you ever REALLY wondered (like longterm) how different your life would be if your brain interpreted sneezing as an unexceptional bodily function? I know it's weird asking what life would be like without the greatest kink ever lol For example, those that write fic, I know Victorian is popular, but would you have written a similar story researching/exploring the same characters and plot because you're interested in the era or never bothered because the interest revolves around the fetish? Did an obs become a friendship or crush that would not have happened if you didn't notice or care about their sneezing at first? Maybe you'd even define your sexuality differently? Or maybe u have difficulty finding arousal without the fetish? This started with me looking for new sneeze material and thought, "If I didn't like sneezing, what would I be doing right now?" lol

Interesting question.

I’ve never thought if I don’t have this fetish. You noticed me I’m accepting and loving this fetish. I don’t think I’ll have another fetish. I’m kinda interested in seeing if someone is holding pee or get tickled tho it’s sorted “like” or “attractive”and don’t arousal. 
If I don’t have sneeze fetish, sneezing would be grossed me out and says bless you naturally. I might pass people tissue smoothly and not view sneeze fetish forums.

but I have it, so I easily turn on when I hear someone’s sneezes especially woman.

On 4/24/2021 at 5:25 AM, Bless you, Hi said:

"If I didn't like sneezing, what would I be doing right now?" lol

:lol: I would love to know just how much time I had spent watching or searching for sneeze material, or even just browsing the forum for that matter! I literally can't imagine what my life would be like without, it has been so closely tied in with me ever since I can remember. I have never regretted having it, although it has made matters complicated in the past. I am happier now with it than I have ever been - maybe that's just getting older and getting more comfortable with/accepting of it :D