Sneeze Fetish Forum

Is your region high or low pollen? Which months are sneeziest?

colorado198219

I reside in California.

I just moved from San Diego to the Inland Empire.

San Diego with the ocean is the most hypo-allergenic city in the world. The tree species are all low-pollen because it's humid and everything is slow growth. I really think it's the least sneezey city on earth. 

The pollen counts is usually low-medium. There is no peak here but there is always some pollen in the air.

I just moved up to the Inland Empire and there is certainly more pollen from the strong wind and pollen blowing off the mountains and foothills. 

Even in the more allergenic parts of California I notice that the count usually peaks at around 200 grains per cubic meter of air. 

Phoenix goes into the thousands of grains per cubic meter of air because of their extremely fast pollenating Mulberry, Palo-Verde and dozens of other trees.

Las Vegas usually has low pollen count except Paper Mulberry which is the most allergenic tree on the planet. Las Vegas goes to 40,000+ grains per cubic meter of air.

I have not been in Las Vegas during peak Paper Mulberry, but was in Albuquerque during their Paper Mulberry/Juniper peak many years ago and there were several incredible sneezing fits that I saw from different guys.

Edited by colorado198219

Frankly, I never really pay attention to the level of pollen in the air, but I find the subject interesting. If I understood the principle correctly, at this moment here in Belgium, we are going up and down between 150 and 300 pollen grains per cubic meter in the air for a few days. It is also said that one in 10 Belgians has pollen allergies. From what I've read in some articles, the pollen count here has already gone up to over 3000 grains of pollen in the air, but it's pretty rare. ^_^

Regarding Las Vegas, it shocks me to see the 40,000, it's huge. What are the symptoms that people with allergies have when they find themselves in such places with such a high level of pollen in the air ? Already here, I sometimes see people completely desperate with our pollen rate between 150 and 300, if they end up facing 40,000, it's terrible, it must not be easy to live. I already feel a lot of pain for them. :unsure:

15 hours ago, oOMariusOo said:

Frankly, I never really pay attention to the level of pollen in the air, but I find the subject interesting. If I understood the principle correctly, at this moment here in Belgium, we are going up and down between 150 and 300 pollen grains per cubic meter in the air for a few days. It is also said that one in 10 Belgians has pollen allergies. From what I've read in some articles, the pollen count here has already gone up to over 3000 grains of pollen in the air, but it's pretty rare. ^_^

Regarding Las Vegas, it shocks me to see the 40,000, it's huge. What are the symptoms that people with allergies have when they find themselves in such places with such a high level of pollen in the air ? Already here, I sometimes see people completely desperate with our pollen rate between 150 and 300, if they end up facing 40,000, it's terrible, it must not be easy to live. I already feel a lot of pain for them. :unsure:

It's odd because one time I took a vacation to a place with "Cedar Fever" which is Juniper and they had a level of 30,000 grains per cubic meter during the vacation.

I noticed I could smell Juniper in the air very strong, interestingly though I saw one woman college student and a guy who was a coffee server have a sneezing fit. Many were complaining though about itchy eyes. I was surprised that the news said they had 30,000 grains per cuban meter because I only saw two sneezing fits and other than that not a single sneeze the whole vacation.

Regarding, Mulberry it's very common in the desert South-West here in the USA. I have been in Las Vegas when Mulberry counts are very high and I there is no scent like Juniper for those not allergic. I did notice some guys sneezing around 5 times in a row from maybe the Mulberry.

I worked at a call-center in Phoenix with 50+ guys taking customer service calls on how to use maintance tools starting in the early morning in March. With Phoenix they had mulberry, palo-verde, bermuda grass pollen and many hyper allergenic desert trees pollenating at once. 

I have to say I have never been around the amount of sneezing in that call-center. A majority of the guys were triple sneezing multiple times throughout the air. There were several massive sneezing fits also. The pollen counts were around thousands of grains per cubic meter, not nearly to the level of Las Vegas but there were many, many pollens at once, so any those I worked with who had any allergy were sneezing.

It seems like Palo Verde and Oak tend to be the pollens that cause the majority of sneezing. Mulberry even at high levels, I think causes eyes to water but less sneezing. Juniper seems to produce alot of congestion and watery eyes but does not cause nearly as much sneezing. 

I have noticed areas with Sagebrush and Ambrosia cause sneezey allergies also.

Edited by colorado198219
16 hours ago, oOMariusOo said:

Do you know what which countries in Europe have the highest levels of pollen.

I don't know if I can link articles, but I remember reading that Belguim and Netherlands had the highest rate of allergies in Europe.

I read Sweden has a very strong, but very short allergy season from Birch Pollen similar to Alaska here in the United States. Eastern Europe supposedly has very strong Ambrosia pollen in the Fall because of the amount of farms.

I have seen Pollen maps and it seems like Belguim has smilar foilage and pollens to the UK.

You seem to have done a lot of research on the subject. So basically, the density of allergies does not depend too much on the number of pollen grains in the air. There is also another factor to take into account, it is the physiology of each one, our natural resistances are all different from each other. As you mentioned, different plants and trees are more or less persistent in one or the other person. Not to mention that there are also medications to fight allergies. In the end, it's hard to gauge a country to know which one causes the most sneezing allergies. :unsure:

Regarding Belgium, I don't really know if it has the highest rate of allergies in Europe. I had previously said that one in 10 Belgians suffered from allergies to pollen, but I just read another article, it is said that one in three Belgians suffers from allergies to grass pollens, mites, and dust of house. Mainly young adults between 20 and 40 years old.

In Europe, Hungary is said to be highly sensitized to ragweed pollen. Next come Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands. If I understood correctly, ambrosia is extremely allergenic, because 5 pollen grains per square meter of air are enough to cause allergies to people who are sensitive to it.

I'm not sure what allergy-causing plants and trees are in the United Kingdom. Here in Belgium, the most common allergenic trees are birch, alder, hornbeam, hazel, yew, willow, poplar, ash, plane tree, oak, beech, lime and chestnut. And in plants, we have mostly sorrel, plantain, grasses, goosefoot, nettle, mugwort and ambrosia. :razz:

• 10 months later...

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I know Texas is notorious for pollen allergies from spring to early fall due to the temperate climate. I used to live in Chicago and there was no dearth of allergy sufferers there, but the season for allergies seems longer here in Texas.