Sneeze Fetish Forum

i'm a lesbian

bloom

this forum is obviously not my primary stomping ground anymore (is it really anybody's?) but it was important and formative for me in a lot of ways so it feels correct to make the following announcement here:

turns out there was at least one extra reason all along that every relationship i ever had with a man was such a massive failure. it wasn't just that i was dating complete losers (although lets be real, i was; those relationships would have failed even if they were with non-men, but), it's that men are fundamentally and literally incapable of giving me what i actually need in a relationship. men can't do for me what women & others can, they have never been able to do that. and i always knew this but only like 40 hours ago crystalized it into what that so obviously means: i'm not bisexual, as i've thought for the last 15 years. what the fuck lmao. being with a man is inherently traumatizing for me. i am a huge dyke.

holy shit, why was i so desperate to hold onto bisexuality? mainly because of the bisexual community, i'm sure, but even throughout my entire adulthood i maintained that i had a strong preference for women (and other non-men. lmao). i just couldn't make that final jump until now.

it's so bittersweet. the bisexual community is so beautiful and vibrant and i called it home for so long; i will miss it terribly in almost every way. but realizing this has opened so many doors for me too, i know, and also closed a lot of really toxic ones. i just... don't have to have men as a primary feature in my life at all, unless i want to. (i don't. obviously. not to say i won't have men as friends, obv, lmao, but they don't need to center in my life anymore!)

i have cried over this so much but in times before when i had this thought i always became afraid and walked it back almost immediately. i was never ready. but the second i realized for sure the other night all i wanted to do was tell everybody i've ever known the truth:

i'm a lesbian

Congratulations on sticking the epiphany! Hope it leaves you feeling less burdened in all regards <3

I called myself bisexual for a long time before realizing I'd rather be with men. I can relate:watsup:

Congratulations to you for finally being able to find your identity. I think I understand your resentment quite well, life is just a perpetual reflection on who you are and having to switch from one genre to another is sometimes very difficult. It's great that you have succeeded in passing this milestone. I wish you all the best in your new life as a lesbian. May you always be happy and at peace with yourself. ^_^

Congratulations on finding what it really sounds like you needed to find. One bi guy's opinion: there should be no reason why you need to keep seeing men in order to keep your bi friends!

Nice! Congrats on figuring it out. It is always wonderful when you begin to make more sense of yourself and become more certain of what you want and need.