Sneeze Fetish Forum

Any... goths here?

Roza

I do not really identify as a goth myself, but I do very much enjoy the music, the scene and the aesthetics. Anyone else?

I love the night, the moon, existential questions, philosophy, art, writing, darker music and films, rock, the fictional atmosphere, the fantastic, the mystissism, the occult, the black and night blue. I love the style over other people, but even though I don't dress like a gothic myself, I think I have some similarities to their way of being. I see myself more as a Celtic, the black of the night fascinates me, but I love the green of nature and forests just as much. :razz:

Of course, one Gothic is not the other and a lot of people are seriously mistaken about what Gothicism really is. Many people think that Gothic people are fascinated by death and violence, but this is not true, we are all different and it is not just a matter of taste or style, but it is also and above all a state of mind. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Well put @oOMariusOo and nice to meet you @prisma:) 

It's nice to see some of us are connected through some other ways too. I was also very curious as to how many people might answer, since I have this theory that me having developed this fascination with the dark side and all things "against nature" as a teenager is not completely irrelevant to deviant sexuality. Now, of course I understand there cannot be any kind of straight-forward connection, especially between such specific, extremely random and totally unrelated sub-groups such as goths and sneeze fetishists😛 However, I do believe that liking things out of the norm tends to spread in many different aspects of life; in other words, or rather more specifically, that, let's say, fetishism and an interest in non-mainstream art may often co-exist.

I remember a long long long time ago maybe in 1998 there was a goth  fetish story on a sneeze fet board. I forget what it was called, but I thought that was neat

On 6/3/2021 at 7:05 PM, Roza said:

Well put @oOMariusOo and nice to meet you @prisma:) 

It's nice to see some of us are connected through some other ways too. I was also very curious as to how many people might answer, since I have this theory that me having developed this fascination with the dark side and all things "against nature" as a teenager is not completely irrelevant to deviant sexuality. Now, of course I understand there cannot be any kind of straight-forward connection, especially between such specific, extremely random and totally unrelated sub-groups such as goths and sneeze fetishists😛 However, I do believe that liking things out of the norm tends to spread in many different aspects of life; in other words, or rather more specifically, that, let's say, fetishism and an interest in non-mainstream art may often co-exist.

ummm   i respectfully disagree

most fetishes are extreme by definition and (thought goth is not a fetish) it is imho rare for a person to have multiple unrelated fetishes.

thanks for the post though and again, no disrespect! 

On 6/4/2021 at 1:05 AM, Roza said:

Ah ah, if I understood correctly what you wrote here, I heard the exact same words from someone else who had a completely different fetishism. He too had a theory where he linked his fetishism to the worlds of the Gotics and that of the Punks. Personally, I'm not sure what to think of it. Maybe we are just more inclined to open up to other worlds, which develops in us certain theories or fantasies that would push us to find more direct paths between different groups. :razz:

On 6/5/2021 at 7:09 AM, y99ux said:

most fetishes are extreme by definition and (thought goth is not a fetish) it is imho rare for a person to have multiple unrelated fetishes.

Thanks for sharing your view! Isn't it exactly what threads are for, discussing opinions? :) I can see your point, it's a valid one.

On 6/10/2021 at 11:17 PM, oOMariusOo said:

Ah ah, if I understood correctly what you wrote here, I heard the exact same words from someone else who had a completely different fetishism. He too had a theory where he linked his fetishism to the worlds of the Gotics and that of the Punks. Personally, I'm not sure what to think of it. Maybe we are just more inclined to open up to other worlds, which develops in us certain theories or fantasies that would push us to find more direct paths between different groups. :razz:

Yep, you got me right, glad to know someone else thinks like me haha. "More inclined to open up to other worlds" sounds right to me too, a sympathy for the outsiders in general maybe?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I am anything but goth, but I do like some of the aesthetic. I've also been watching a cartoon show where 2 characters are portrayed as goths- and I'm obsessed with them 

• 4 weeks later...

I would definitely identify as goth, a lot of the modeling shots I do are in Tripp NYC clothing, Killstar, or Hell Bunny but sometimes I go classic with Pinup Couture.  For everyday wear though I prefer The Grave Girls, Dolls Kill x whatever brand they're sponsoring atm, (right now one I like is Emily the Strange), and Tokidoki.  Kinda lazy and don't always do the makeup but I do have dyed hair.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 12:09 AM, y99ux said:

This is interesting to me because I definitely have other fetishes that I am into, although they are perhaps more 'mainstream' than a sneeze fetish. Still definitely outside of what would traditionally be termed 'vanilla', however. 

I really love the idea that the appeal of things outside the norm is part of what defines goth. On the outside, I am probably the most 'vanilla' individual you might come across. Only if you truly took time to get to know me would you know that in reality, I am drawn to things that generally are not mainstream. The music (I've always been a hard rock/metal person, and love some good industrial metal), the mentality of kind of the 'thinker' - the enjoyment of the unspoken things and the taboo. The rich inner life. I've always identified with a lot of this and despite needing to have a current 'professional/mom' outside appearance, my inner life still is very much along these lines. 

On 1/25/2022 at 4:10 PM, Heathercd said:

This is interesting to me because I definitely have other fetishes that I am into

Same here by the way🙋‍♀️

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly annoyed i didnt see this topic earlier! Definite Goth present *waves*. 

The everyday attire has certainly become alot more subtle over the years, but i believe my friends would say "you're not fooling anyone, it doesnt matter what you wear, you still look like a goth". lol. 

Okay guys, I have to say, judging from how many people answered to this post, let's re-evaluate my theory😛 I was expecting anywhere between 0 to 2-3 replies at most, to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup yup, both in aesthetics and music taste/philosophy. Glad to see there are a solid amount of us here!