Sneeze Fetish Forum

Scenarios and Jobs

Bless you, Hi

Hi!

Most people (on here) have their favorite sneeze scenarios. Trying not to sneeze while hiding, denial from someone in power, ect. But do you have a favorite scenario that depends on the person’s job? For example, the classic “drops the pepper and has a sneezing fit” sounds great, but you probably wouldn’t want that from someone who works in a restaurant you're at. Aside from the “maid sneezing while dusting” or the “librarian trying to sneeze quietly not disturb anyone” tropes, anyone have a soft spot for sneeze situations you imagine that it's their profession that really makes the scenario work?

A scenario that depends on the person's job ?
There are plenty of them, where to start...

- A veterinarian or zoologist allergic to animal hair.
- A doctor finds herself in a fit of uncontrollable sneezing.
- As you say for the librarian, it remains one of my favorites.
- A pastry chef accidentally overturns a bag of flour that spills into her nose, causing her to sneeze.
- Another of my favorites, a female horticulturalist allergic to pollen. I have known one. :razz:

Chambermaid, kitchen staff, housekeeper, pepper and spice factory worker, archaeologist facing dust, florist, a worker who fills the lint in the pillows to make them soft, movers, garage sale etc... Or even jobs like a plumber who has to walk through a dusty cellar to reach the water heater. Burglars, an antique dealer or restaurateurs.

Can I add in a thief being caught offguard by an allergy she wasn't anticipating to be on site? Maybe crawling through a dusty air vent. This might just be because I've done RPs with people playing Catwoman though 😅

@InLivingColor
There is nothing better than this scenario! It is clearly the Top of the Top !! :D

I wrote a bit of original fiction with this in mind. Title: "Cataclysmic Burglary"
This is about two allergic thieves who arrive in a dusty house. If you want to read it, the link is in my signature.

I have one definitive answer to this: actors.

Actors tend to be consummate, the-show-must-go-on, professionals.  Could be a stage actor knowing they must get up and perform in front of maybe hundreds of people and keep their composure.  Or a film actor struggling through take after take, knowing what it took to get the full crew set up here, the rest of the cast, and everyone is counting on them to get through it.

It's just the best thing to imagine.

9 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

I have one definitive answer to this: actors.

Actors tend to be consummate, the-show-must-go-on, professionals.  Could be a stage actor knowing they must get up and perform in front of maybe hundreds of people and keep their composure.  Or a film actor struggling through take after take, knowing what it took to get the full crew set up here, the rest of the cast, and everyone is counting on them to get through it.

It's just the best thing to imagine.

Oh. Oh my dear, I think I fainted a little. :lol:  Yes, this!

Also... so, I'm interested in politics, used to be a politician myself on local and regional level, so I'm gonna say politician. Yeah yeah, it's the power, I have a soft spot for power combined with the loss of composure due to sneezing. But there are plenty of "sneeze-friendly" situations that fit the profession. Imagine, a politician making a speech about the climate while being HORRIBLY allergic to pollen. Or promoting agriculture but being allergic to EVERYTHING on a farm. Or pushing for harsher punishments for animal abuse so they end up having to do press events/photo ops with rescue animals but they're desperately allergic to said animal. All in all, interviews, press conferences, debates, photo ops, meetings, state visits, speeches, campaign rallies, meeting with military troops, various ceremonies... even on local level, with some ridiculous ribbon-cutting event or something. Wouldn't want the nearby strip of grass to have been cut earlier that day then, huh, Madam Mayor? :shifty: Too bad! It is! :twisted: (has actually happened. But she didn't sneeze.)

Okay, now this one is more of a mortifying thought than an exciting scenario in my head but it's very job-specific so I thought I'd share: An actor/actress who has to sneeze during a theatrical performance. While not being involved at all in the field, for some reason the embarassment of this situation just petrifies me 😅

• 5 weeks later...

I just came to think of another that I've actually seen... a professional equestrian allergic to horses. ^^

• 1 year later...
On 6/15/2021 at 6:39 PM, Chanel_no5 said:

Oh. Oh my dear, I think I fainted a little. :lol:  Yes, this!

Also... so, I'm interested in politics, used to be a politician myself on local and regional level, so I'm gonna say politician. Yeah yeah, it's the power, I have a soft spot for power combined with the loss of composure due to sneezing. But there are plenty of "sneeze-friendly" situations that fit the profession. Imagine, a politician making a speech about the climate while being HORRIBLY allergic to pollen. Or promoting agriculture but being allergic to EVERYTHING on a farm. Or pushing for harsher punishments for animal abuse so they end up having to do press events/photo ops with rescue animals but they're desperately allergic to said animal. All in all, interviews, press conferences, debates, photo ops, meetings, state visits, speeches, campaign rallies, meeting with military troops, various ceremonies... even on local level, with some ridiculous ribbon-cutting event or something. Wouldn't want the nearby strip of grass to have been cut earlier that day then, huh, Madam Mayor? :shifty: Too bad! It is! :twisted: (has actually happened. But she didn't sneeze.)

I could definitely make a literature out of this idea!

A perfumer or simply someone working the perfume section in a store being allergic to perfume.

I specifically like to imagine a perfumer (someone who creates perfumes) who has the fetish and either loves sneezing from their creations or loves making their partner sneeze with their new perfumes. Perhaps even has a special perfume not available to the masses just for making their partner or themselves sneeze.

I also enjoy the idea of an allergist making people sneeze to find out what they're allergic to. I know that's not what happens but I like my way better 😚

3 hours ago, LapidotLover22 said:

A perfumer or simply someone working the perfume section in a store being allergic to perfume.

I specifically like to imagine a perfumer (someone who creates perfumes) who has the fetish and either loves sneezing from their creations or loves making their partner sneeze with their new perfumes. Perhaps even has a special perfume not available to the masses just for making their partner or themselves sneeze.

I also enjoy the idea of an allergist making people sneeze to find out what they're allergic to. I know that's not what happens but I like my way better 😚

I've actually made a literature based on this kind of idea Awhile back! https://www.sneezefetishforum.com/topic/80608-having-an-ai-write-a-perfume-sneeze-fic-gigantic/

Teachers, y'all. Lecturers. Students making presentations. Motivational speakers (although that isn't really my genre). Burlesque comedians. It's less about the person having to fight it down, and more about them having to acknowledge it, fold it into their shtick. All those eyes!

• 1 month later...

For me it's got to be makeup artists. There's nothing sexier than a makeup artist doing up an actress and she drops the powder, causing both of them to start an intense sneezing fit!

Or similar scenario with perfume or even just making the actress sneeze by running a brush up and down their nose to apply makeup.

5 minutes ago, NobodyKnows said:

For me it's got to be makeup artists. There's nothing sexier than a makeup artist doing up an actress and she drops the powder, causing both of them to start an intense sneezing fit!

Or similar scenario with perfume or even just making the actress sneeze by running a brush up and down their nose to apply makeup.

Agreed. I've actually seen that in cartoons at least a couple times.

Edited by AlexK
Forgot to add the word "seen"
1 minute ago, AlexK said:

Agreed. I've actually seen that in cartoons at least a couple times.

Feel free to share some links, I'd love to see

• 1 year later...

I got another one! A YouTuber holding in a loud sneeze while trying to do an ASMR video.

Two sneezing at work scenarios I can think of already have fics written about them, all of which I loovvee 💗:

1) @Wig_Powder has written three Hornblower fanfic about sailors sneezing because they inhaled gunpowder: the first while the sailors are trying to do rifle drills, the second when a powder monkey (boy sailor who handles gunpowder) spills some and Hornblower breathes it in, the third when Hornblower has to do a stocktake of gunpowder stores:

Unfortunately I can’t find the link to the first one, but it’s set in the time when Hornblower is Captain and Bush is his first Lieutenant.

https://www.sneezefetishforum.com/topic/77991-bated-breath-hornblower-fic/

https://wig-powder.livejournal.com/6897.html

2) @SexualOddity has written two FFVII:Crisis Core fanfics about Zack, a SOLDIER who becomes allergic to smoke grenades used by the enemy.

Humanity is where Zack discovers his allergy. Monstrosity is the sequel where they are trying to find a combat drug for Zack to use:

https://www.sneezefetishforum.com/topic/82799-humanity-final-fantasy-vii-crisis-core-zack/

https://www.sneezefetishforum.com/topic/84369-monstrosity-final-fantasy-vii-crisis-core-zack/

For me, I honestly prefer it when the sneeze is self-induced on the job. This might sound strange, but some of my favorite fanfics were where the job of the person involved them having to sneeze rather than hold it back. It creates some unique inducing, and can also lead to some big sneezes. Some of my favorites of this category involve somebody going inside somebody else's nose for cleaning, like "macro nose cleaning services", and for jobs that involve the person sneezing for the sake of other's fetishes. I remember reading a sneezefic on sneezefurs where somebody had to sneeze as part of a video recording service for other sneeze fetishists. I'm always looking forward to fanfics that focus on inducing as part of the job.

On 2/4/2024 at 9:36 AM, solitaire-au said:

1) @Wig_Powder has written three Hornblower fanfic about sailors sneezing because they inhaled gunpowder: the first while the sailors are trying to do rifle drills, the second when a powder monkey (boy sailor who handles gunpowder) spills some and Hornblower breathes it in, the third when Hornblower has to do a stocktake of gunpowder stores:

Unfortunately I can’t find the link to the first one, but it’s set in the time when Hornblower is Captain and Bush is his first Lieutenant.

Thanks for the shoutout! However, are you sure you weren't thinking about this fic when you mentioned the "rifle drills" story? The gunpowder is just a tiny part of the story, but it is the catalyst for a lot of the plot, so I understand the confusion. Alternatively, maybe you're thinking of this fic from tarotgal, written at my request for Christmas several years back?

To actually address the topic...@Bless you, Hi already eliminated the "Maid allergic to dust/feathers" scenario, which is my personal favorite, but I also have a soft spot for a very specific scenario. Back in the Golden Age of Hollywood, actresses often seemed to wear fur coats for their roles, and occasionally when out in public. The ones that always catch my eye are made of what I tend to believe are white fox fur, partly because they're much fluffier than most fur coats and thus stand out more, but also because, as you can see in this sample screenshot, all those little hairs look soft and delicate enough to tickle pretty much any nose. So in keeping with some of the actor posts brought up above, picture an actress having to wear one of those for a scene or a red carpet event, and having to deal with the urge to sneeze while also getting the job done. You can also imagine the men having to stand in close proximity to her being affected as well, if male sneezing is more your cup of tea.

Idk if this counts but I have a very specific one about an allergist having hayfever and/or any other allergy.

Don't know what it is about it (maybe it's the irony?) but the idea of an allergist sneezing from the same thing his patients are is so????? I haven't seen any story use it so it just lives in my fantasies for now lol