Jump to content
Sneeze Fetish Forum
sauce

I really want to delete my entire account

Recommended Posts

sauce

I mean, erase every trace of me from here. Everything. Every comment, too. It’s just…something I want to move away from and not think about again. I tried contacting the admins but so far have received no response. 
 

thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
SneezyHolmes

Mods are busy with their irl lives so forgive the lack of response. But as stated in our FAQ section, we do not delete accounts. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause!

 

Share this post


Link to post
oOMariusOo

@sauce
Forgive my question but would you have such a bad memory of this community ? You still have almost 300 messages on the forum, spread over several years since 2008. You have already created some interesting topics which have been successful. It's your choice of course, but it amazes me to see you go. What is preventing you from leaving your account active and not coming back to it ? Maybe you will want to iron in a few years ? :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
MoonBop

@oOMariusOo I don't know why this user in particular wants to delete their account, but there are a couple of reasons I can think of.
1. someone they know irl knows they post here and they'd like to remove any personal information visible to the public. 
2. they are ashamed of something about posting here and would like to remove it (reading stuff I commented as a kid or even recently makes me want to shrivel up inside)
3. they want to move on to another stage in life and this is something they want to put in the past
 

Sauce, you could edit your signature and About Me page on your profile to remove more information, if that's something you're also concerned about. 

Share this post


Link to post
poiub
On 6/24/2021 at 9:42 AM, SneezyHolmes said:

Mods are busy with their irl lives so forgive the lack of response. But as stated in our FAQ section, we do not delete accounts. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause!

 

Can I request particular posts from my history be deleted? How to go about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Scandinavius

There really should be a mechanism for account deletion, going through hundreds or thousands of posts to manually remove info which may connect an account to a person is too much of a hassle and leaving everything forever is not a very nice move. Most of the stuff on here is public and at some point I virtually guarantee private messages and non public threads will be dumped somewhere if the forum stays online long enough.  Quite a few accounts probably have enough anecdotes and stuff like birthdays connected to them to be at risk of identification in some scenarios.

I think marking all posts of deleted accounts as simply from a deleted account would be a nice improvement since it would at least make connecting dots a  lot harder when we have a decent number of deleted accounts. That along with deleting their PMs.

Share this post


Link to post
SneezyHolmes
Posted (edited)

Unfortunately, that's not up to us. It is the site owner's decision to prohibit account deletion and the content there of.

Edited by SneezyHolmes

Share this post


Link to post
RB

Try contacting Invision (links at the very bottom). They comply with EU data protection laws, which might (I can’t stress the word “might” enough) allow you to have them remove or totally de-identify your posts. It’s worth a shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
SneezyHolmes
20 hours ago, poiub said:

Can I request particular posts from my history be deleted? How to go about it?

At most they can be hidden. Use the 'Contact Us!' feature and they will be reviewed.

Share this post


Link to post
webmeistro
On 7/7/2021 at 6:34 PM, RB said:

Try contacting Invision (links at the very bottom). They comply with EU data protection laws, which might (I can’t stress the word “might” enough) allow you to have them remove or totally de-identify your posts. It’s worth a shot. 

Uhhhhh that would probably cause headaches for the site owners, who are busy already.

Share this post


Link to post
MyOwnPrivateSFC
6 hours ago, webmeistro said:

Uhhhhh that would probably cause headaches for the site owners, who are busy already.

Yeah. Honestly, I think that’s more likely to backfire than anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Maxx
On 6/24/2021 at 10:42 AM, SneezyHolmes said:

Mods are busy with their irl lives so forgive the lack of response. But as stated in our FAQ section, we do not delete accounts. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause!

 

That is really messed up, is it even legal?

Share this post


Link to post
SneezyHolmes
9 hours ago, Maxx said:

That is really messed up, is it even legal?

Given the fact that users agree to the site's rules upon signing up, I would presume so but I'm not a lawyer. Staff did not create the rules, the site creator/owner did and we are obligated to follow them unless otherwise directed by the site owner/any potential law enforcement.

Share this post


Link to post
Maxx
19 hours ago, SneezyHolmes said:

Given the fact that users agree to the site's rules upon signing up, I would presume so but I'm not a lawyer. Staff did not create the rules, the site creator/owner did and we are obligated to follow them unless otherwise directed by the site owner/any potential law enforcement.

From my understanding, if you accept users from the EU, then they have a right to request deletion, and the company has to come up with a legal reason why not.

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives individuals the right to ask for their data to be deleted and organisations do have an obligation to do so. There are a few exceptions which do not apply for this case.

Share this post


Link to post
NoV
On 7/9/2021 at 11:59 AM, Maxx said:

That is really messed up, is it even legal?

To be fair, even massive organisations like Facebook don't delete accounts (merely deactivate them), unless a massive legal challenge is issued. It was all there is the small print right form the beginning, but generally no one can ever be bothered to read the terms and conditions. I suspect Invision had similar caveats.  

Share this post


Link to post
Maxx
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, NoV said:

To be fair, even massive organisations like Facebook don't delete accounts (merely deactivate them), unless a massive legal challenge is issued. It was all there is the small print right form the beginning, but generally no one can ever be bothered to read the terms and conditions. I suspect Invision had similar caveats.  

This is a false statement, you can delete your account: https://www.facebook.com/help/224562897555674?helpref=faq_content. Even if this would have been the case, this is a fallacy. You have the right to ask for the deletion, blocking or erasing of the data and for good reasons.

Regarding your last comment, Invision states:

Quote

The personal data must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject;

 

Edited by Maxx

Share this post


Link to post
SneezyHolmes
Posted (edited)

At this point, moderators cannot delete accounts even if we wanted to. Only the site owner and I think, possibly, admins too but neither are around so if this is truly an issue then Invision will need to contact HoL as us mods have not been able to reach him.

Edited by SneezyHolmes

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×