Sneeze Fetish Forum

An Evening for Dilemma (Kaeya, Genshin Impact)

Silv_

Hihiii! I’m not actually new, just my account is since my old one was unaccessible 😭 I thought I’d restart, so take this fic I made a couple weeks back. It’s been posted on ao3, but I thought I should share it here as well <3

For those who are unsure, here is a lovely pick of Kaeya: https://pin.it/4zytKra 

Heres one of his (sadly unofficial) lover, Albedo~: https://pin.it/1lomlG0

And here’s one of Diluc (Kaeyas adoptive brother): https://pin.it/1worBUA

Now that’s all done, enjoy! Let me know what you think <333

It was a warm noon when Jean had released the message. 

“Tomorrow, all knights of Mondstadt will be invited to Dawn Winery as the vicinity celebrates its anniversary. It is of Sir Diluc’s request that those who are available shall make their attendance. Please visit me or any captains if there are any misunderstandings.” 

The invitation blossomed through Mondstadt’s streets quickly, with most bewildered by Diluc’s sudden openness. It was known by many that the red head wouldn’t dare to participate in parties, and rarely even if they were for business occasions. In fact, just the sight of Diluc participating in anything that included the Knights of Favonius hadn’t been commonly witnessed. Him of all people hosting an event had been unheard of.

As confused knights further blabbered on of Jean's news to their companions, it only took sunset to cover the land before all citizens were aware of the message. 

Headquarters had been bustling with questions that evening. But rather than young knights knocking on the old wood doors, it were the captains. Mondstadt’s Calvary Captain and Chief Alchemist had been the ones who entered Jean’s office as nightfall ticked over. But, while both made their presence to the Acting Grand Master, it was just Kaeya who were largely astonished by the occasion. 

“My, my Jean, are you to tell me that Diluc is truly the mastermind of tomorrow evening? That man wouldn’t know anything remotely related to party etiquette, not to mention the fact he’s inviting knights he so openly wishes to never interact with.” 

Jean sighed at the smug man. She too couldn’t lie that it was unusual, but she wasn’t about to reject Diluc’s request for awareness. 

“Yes Kaeya,” she started, stifling a yawn. “That is what I’ve been informed. I am unsure as to how I can make that any clearer for you,” she supplied, massaging her temples as they tensed. 

The blue haired male only bit back a scoff at the reply. The history between Kaeya and Diluc had been no secret to those currently in the room, but none were going pry any deeper than what they already knew.

It was then that Albedo joined the conversation. “Could it be a way for him to lure enemies?” he proposed. Silence grew as the other two members of the discussion stopped to consider the possibility. 

Diluc was known for his underground hunting of Abyssal footprints. While he has no affiliation with the knights anymore, he would still lurk around when it was midnight to kill mobs. The idea of the red haired male hosting an event at Dawn Winery could very well open an opportunity for him to slay a traitor. 

“Would that mean there is a traitor among the knights?” Kaeya finally stated, as his hand brushed his chin quizzically. 

“Then the invitation would have to mean Diluc is warning us.. But how could a knight betray Mondstadt?” Jean added, thinking aloud. The question of why Diluc would want to protect the city was left unmentioned. 

More silence filled the Acting Grand Master’s office. Tension washed over the room as the three theorised. It was only broken when the window behind the blonde woman shuttered. They all snap their heads in sync towards the direction of the sound. 

Still without noise, Jean was the first to move. Stepping out of her chair, she slowly motioned towards the glass. Both captains behind her hesitantly equipped their swords. The blonde woman grasped her hands onto the large window handle. In one swift gesture, she unlatched the window.

A brown falcon perched on bricks was what greeted her, and tied onto its talons was a small note. 

“O-Oh..” Jean stuttered awkwardly, untying the note from the falcon. The bird fluttered its wings comfortably before taking off into the night sky, all without showing any signs of aggression. It appeared that Diluc’s falcon had been the cause of the three’s apprehension.

Trying to keep her formalities, she turned around stiffly with the paper in hand. “False alarm, it seems. But, there is now a new message from Diluc to open.” Jean made her way back to her chair, sitting down with a light thump. 

Albedo and Kaeya inwardly sighed, tension dissipating from their bodies. As their headmaster unfolded the note, they put away their weapons. 

“I know how sudden my preparations are, but I ask that you are aware there is no reason to fear tomorrow evening. The winery’s celebration will not create an opening to cause the death of outsiders. The night will only be for what I’ve already mentioned. In saying that, this is not me signifying my alliance with the Knights of Favonius. I refuse to fall to such levels of disorganisation.” 

Jean had to suppress her chuckle after skimming through Diluc’s second message. She looked up from her desk to see Kaeya and Albedo patiently waiting, causing her lightheartedness to fade. She coughed into her fist awkwardly, before relaying what she’d read.

“It appears Diluc wants us to know tomorrow will simply be a casual event,” she stated, still trying to hide the curl of her upper lip. He could’ve been far less blunt about it.

“Is that so? Now isn’t that just fascinating,”  Kaeya immediately taunted back, his voice not shifting from his prideful tone. 

“I suppose it’ll be my honour as Calvary Captain to be-" he suddenly went quiet, and turned his head away to cough lightly into the air. "..Present at such an event.”  

Both Jean and Albedo switched their focus from the matter at hand to him. It was Jean who spoke. 

“Are you okay?" she asked. 

"Of course, do not trouble yourself.” 

It was evident to the other two in the room that he was deflecting the situation. Even so, neither made a direct comment. Albedo merely slid his fingers into his boyfriend’s grasp and nodded towards Jean. “Then it’s settled, we’ll arrive at Dawn Winery tomorrow and discover any other necessary information if it’s needed.” 

The blonde woman nodded back, a small smile finally becoming evident on her face. “Very well then, I wish you both a good evening.”

The captains both turned away from their Acting Grand Master, and respectfully took their exit into the night. 

The two trudged along together on the concrete footpath, falling into a comfortable silence. The only things illuminating their stroll was the soft golden glow of flickering street lights. Their hands were still interlocked with each other, with no signs of breaking apart. 

Both parties had remained in their intimate stillness until Kaeya huffed a few breathy coughs. They were very faint, and muttered into the back of his fist. Really, it warranted no need for concern, but seeing as this were the second time in the last hour Albedo decided to turn his head upwards to his tall partner. 

“Are you alright?” He softly whispered.

Kaeya chuckled lightly into the night sky, his voice sounding too sweet to be considered normal. The male’s heart melted just from how concerned his boyfriend was. 

“Of course my love, just the cool air tickling my throat,” he answered confidently, voice quiet to not awaken the houses around them. He then squeezed Albedo’s hand softly as to further reassure him.

Albedo’s worry visibly lessened, though he still lingered some anticipation. “Very well then, it would be a shame if one of us fell ill before tomorrow evening.”

“Right you are love, but we won’t need to concern ourselves with that.”

Then they both turned their heads away from each other and kept walking in comfortable silence. 

-

When Kaeya awoke from his slumber the next morning, he knew he was quite simply fucked. 

What was just a couple of breathy coughs getting stuck in his chest every few hours, had turned into congested hacking. His face felt tight and sore, as if someone had forcefully stuffed it with cotton. His body ached, and he was far more exhausted than he should’ve with the amount of hours he slept.

But with all these new occurrences considered, the most irritating part to Kaeya was the fact he had to find a way to prevent his boyfriend from catching on. 

After puckering up the will to arise from his bed, the male froze as black dots immediately entered his vision. He simply blinked them away, whilst keeping a steady grasp on his bedside table. When his head decided to be slightly less of a bother again, he began his tired skip to the kitchen. 

He saw Albedo at the counter, making what looked to be a cup of some form of liquid. It then clicked in Kaeya that his boyfriend had already awoken before he did, which would hardly occur on a normal basis. Kaeya would always be up and out of their house to get a head start on his commissions. As that was not the case this time, that’d mean his lover could have already suspected something was wrong with him. The thought made Kaeya internally grimace, as the idea of presenting himself as anything less than perfect to those around him put a sour taste on his tongue. 

It was then that Albedo had turned around from his brewing, and glanced up to Kaeya. “Good morning, how did you rest?” He greeted softly. Though, the tone in his voice made Kaeya assume that his boyfriend already knew something was wrong.

He tried to skilfully muffle his throat clearing, but with the amount of mucus he felt sitting in his throat it was clear to even himself that it sounded sickly. “Comfortably as usual, may I ask what it is you are making?” Kaeya attempted, voice evidently hoarse.

“Chamomile tea, it’ll be good for that cold of yours.” 

Well then. It seemed that there was no hope for Kaeya to hide himself from the get go. But, seeing how observant the blonde always was, it was possible that he already assumed something was wrong from yesterday. As a last ditch effort, Kaeya tried to defend himself, though it was quite difficult to do so with a building itch in his nose. 

“This cold of mine? Albedo dear, I fail to see what you are talking about.” The tickle in his nostrils strengthened, but still he persisted onward.

“As I said yesterday, I can assure you that I’m heh.. I’m in grea- Hehh, g-great hhhealth- aH -HHe’Shgdd!” Quite clearly disproving his own argument, Kaeya thickly sneezed into his forearm. The motion caused a stabbing pain to shoot through his sinuses, taking him all his power to not grimace in both disgust and failure. 

“Bless you,” Albedo’s voice stayed in the same level-headed octave. He gently pushed the finished tea across the counter towards his obviously sick boyfriend. Then, he properly approached the male, pulling out a few tissues from his pocket and handing them to him. “You sound quite congested, and I think it’s clear to both of us that you aren’t feeling well.”  

“Are you implying that I look terrible? My love, you wound me- hh hAHH H’ddgshh!” Kaeya tried to slyly retort back, though he again failed and desperately buried his face straight into one of the tissues Albedo had handed him. 

“Not necessarily, though you are quite pale.” 

After Kaeya finished blowing his blocked nose, he could only sigh in defeat at his clearly correct lover. Still, he did not plan on letting his illness interfere with his duties as Cavalry Captain.

“Albedo, I’ll be fine, I’m sure this’ll fade away by the time midday has arrived.”

“You can barely finish a sentence without sneezing, how do you expect yourself to maintain a conversation with one of the other knights?”

“My, are you underestimating my ability to stay on my feet? My love, please don’t concern yourself with me any more than-” he paused to cough. “..You already do.”

The blonde male’s brow furrowed, his eyes scrunching with what Kaeya could only assume was dissatisfaction. He then sighed heavily as to keep himself composed. “Alright then, but you mustn’t push yourself.” as he spoke, he nudged the mug closer to the blue haired male’s elbow. It was clear that Albedo wanted to say more, but Kaeya didn’t want to upset his boyfriend by antagonising him.

“As you wish,” was all he replied with, taking a sip from the chamomile tea. Not bad.

-

Kaeya did not, in fact, listen to Albedo’s advice. 

Monstadt’s afternoon sun burned through his garments as he entered the city. Beside him were the other knights. None of them had suspected him as much as Albedo, though he was wary that Huffman had his eyes on him. 

During the day’s expedition, he recalled his swordsmanship against a mitachurl falling sloppy after he was hit with the same dizziness as the morning. It led to a few other knights having to take over his position. But, while he was able to recuperate quickly by himself, it did lengthen their team’s overall journey. 

The thought left an uncomfortable sensation surging in Kaeya’s gut, as he couldn’t fathom the idea of slowing his men. He only hoped that Jean wouldn’t question their group's slight lateness once he arrived back at headquarters. 

“Good afternoon Kaeya, I welcome your return after the expedition I gave you,”

“Good day to you too Jean,” was all he replied with, his voice too strained to make any remarks. Jean decided to not make a comment, instead making a mental note of his different charisma. 

“According to Katheryne’s data, it appears your squad cleared out the campsites I gave you quite smoothly, though you did arrive here thirty minutes-“ 

“uHuH’gdshh!”

“..Later than our planned time..” Jean did not let that slip without mention. The blonde woman looked up from the book she was recording in. “Bless you, Kaey-“

“hHu’sdggsh! ‘Gsdhh! h’Ksshh!”

A beat of silence went by, and that was all the time needed for Jean to evaluate the captain before her. Kaeya’s usual dark tanned skin had a milky hue across his complexion, and his cheeks were incredibly flushed. His one visibly eye looked red and watery, and he was using his mouth to breathe properly. Jean felt that if she got closer, she’d find the male shivering with fever. But, before she had a chance to act the male sniffled thickly, using his wrist to sooth his crimson irritated nose.

“Ngh, I apologise for that, do continue.” It was shocking for her to see him so exhausted, as she was aware Kaeya’s last wish would be to show vulnerability. If the male was alright with her already seeing him this worn out, Jean threatened for how sick he was. 

“Oh Kaeya, I had no idea you were ill. I would’ve taken you off the roster if you’d have informed me.” She spoke with both concern and gentleness in her tone. Though, it had seemed just the mention of sickness had Kaeya immediately putting back on his defensive mask. 

“While I appreciate your concern I assure you I’m not ill Jean, this is nothing but a slight case of hay fever,” his voice was more congested than before with all the sneezing. 

“It’s winter, Kaeya.”

“Then it must simply be the dust in this room.”

“Noelle insists on cleaning my office every three hours. Please Kaeya, you’re fooling no one here.” 

The sickly captain didn’t respond, instead he kept his head down. At first, Jean was worried that she shouldn’t have pushed him for honesty, but then his shoulders hitched abruptly. 

“nhH’EGSHUU!” 

“Bless you,” she uttered, voice riddled with concern. She then leant to the edge of her desk and nudged a tissue box to the male’s side. “Please allow me to remove you from tomorrow’s roster.” 

A congested blow came from Kaeya, as he scrunched one of the soft tissues around his nostrils. He then took one clear sniff before risking his voice. “A light cold is nothing I can’t handle, and it is far too weak of a problem to affect my duties.”

“Kaeya, must I remind you that your team arrived 30 minutes later than expected, and that Huffman informed me that you were cornered by mitachurls?” 

“That.. was just a slight mishap. I apologise for my squad’s lateness.” He blinked, clearing the tears away from his irritated eyes, and his hand dropped from his hip. “I’ll work to not repeat the same mistake, but you mustn’t remove my name.” 

Jean was moments from manhandling Kaeya to the cathedral herself. “And what proof can you give to me that should make me change my mind?” Her patience was slimming. She had forgotten how stubborn he could be all in order to reduce the concern of others. Though, it was having the opposite effect on Jean. 

“I’m this city’s Cavalry Captain, I’m fit enough to fight through a lost limb if the need arises,” he started, but his voice sounded progressively scratchier the more he continued. “I’m only slightly offended if you believe my abilities are entirely stunted by a stuffy nose.” Kaeya remarked, clearing his throat subtly afterwards.

The blonde sighed stressfully. Her hands fell to her temples as they throbbed with tension. It would be terrible for her if she, as Acting Grandmaster, let something happen to Mondstadt's Cavalry Captain. But Jean was aware of Kaeya’s strong physique, and there was no doubt in her trust in his power. As much as she wanted to use her authority and force to put the male to rest, she didn’t want to make him feel overly pitied. Lord Barbatos, forgive me.

“Alright then, but as your Acting Grandmaster I command that you are on bed rest for the rest of this day” she ordered, sounding regretful as she spoke. Kaeya’s expression loosened significantly by her words, and a prideful smile landed on his lips. 

“Thank you for your understanding, Jean- haH”  he then simultaneously ducked his head in his elbow and sneezed.

Jean’s brow furrowed at the site of the clearly miserable Captain. But her orders had been delivered, she couldn’t change her word now. 

“Again, bless you, please be careful on your way home.” 

Whether it had been the fact one was ill and the other was overworked, neither of the two had remembered what the evening beheld.

-

When Kaeya walked through his cuihua door entrance, he was forever grateful that Albedo wasn't home. He did feel remorse for crudely going against his concerns, but the male would feel worse had his boyfriend discovered he pushed himself too hard. 

He removed his shoes before finally embracing the privacy of his abode. He allowed his body to release the tension he was bearing, and he let his shoulders freely slump as they had wanted. It was certainly more comfortable than being on duty, so Kaeya decided to enjoy the freedom.

“uhU’GDSH!” He was quickly reminded of the root of his current problems. 

With a heavy sigh he sluggishly trudged to the bedroom, sitting lethargically on the edge of his shared bed. Still seated he managed to get off his garments, which left him with only black boxers remaining. He was far more relaxed now with the less restricting clothing, and so without any more commotion the male slid under the covers of his bed

When Kaeya next awoke he was being nudged by another figure. He grunted tiredly, trying to get his vision to focus. His body felt not much better than before he slept, in fact, he’d developed chills that constantly ran down his spine. Kaeya had little experience with feeling cold temperatures due to his cryo abilities, but at that moment he felt visionless. 

“..Kaeya?” The person who spoke was Albedo, voice as gentle as usual. He felt the shorter male brush a hand against his cool cheek. Kaeya startled as the hand quickly retracted. He swallowed the mild feeling of hurt from the sudden loss of contact. “Archons, you’re burning,” his boyfriend cursed warily. 

“With attractiveness, I hope? I’m delighted to know you feel that way.” 

“Now isn’t the time for jokes, please be honest with me love.” Kaeya knew that when Albedo used affectionate nicknames on him, it meant the other was being truly genuine. So the male sat up against the headboard of the bed, and took a clear glance at the blonde who was kneeling next to the bed. 

“Alright, you’ve got me. I’ve certainly been in better sh-shape hh hh’xtsghNT!” Kaeya gave his best attempt to keep his smirk from faltering, but lost when he folded in on himself to stifle a sneeze. The stabbing pain in his sinuses broke his last threads.

“Bless you,” Albedo turned away to grab a few tissues. When he turned back around he saw Kaeya’s eyes were staring holes into the floor. He tilted his head precariously. “What’s the matter?” The shorter tried, his voice starting to envelop the same spirit as a worried mother. 

A tired sniffle, then “..I’m sick, Albedo.” Kaeya’s voice had dropped drastically in volume, coming out not much louder than a croaked whisper. Albedo’s eyes scrunched sympathetically, before he reached to the back of the male’s head, and brushed his palm softly along the top of his sick lover’s blue hair. There was clearly a lot more that Kaeya could’ve said, but Albedo was aware of how difficult it already was for the male to admit weakness. The alchemist’s lips curled slightly, but only to give his boyfriend reassurance. “I know, thank you for telling me.”

He then sat up onto the edge of the blankets, wrapping an arm around the shivering male. The two then shared a comfortable silence, filled with only Albedo stroking Kaeya’s hair and said male’s occasional cough or sniffle. It was only broken when the taller began to hitch within Albedo’s arms, just before snapping forward with another sneeze. “hH’hgdshh!”  

The male was far too out of it to stifle again. Albedo tenderly whispered another bless you in his ear. The short blonde pulled away, and looked towards their door. “Stay here in bed, I’ll go get you some medicine and soup,” 

“I wouldn’t go anywhere even if I were able to,” Kaeya remarked back, but there was very little bite to his words, as they were uttered out tiredly. With that, Albedo sat up from his seated position on the bed, and walked off to the kitchen. 

The blonde had just started boiling his calla lily and seafood combination when there was a knock at the front door. He placed a lid over the top of the pot and lowered the heat of the cooker before making his way to the house entrance. The alchemist brought his right hand to the door handle, then opened it to see who was making their presence. 

“Mr Albedo! What are you doing? Did you and Kaeya forget Dawn Winery’s celebration?”

Shit. 

Albedo tried to come up with a response, but Amber cut him off. “I guess I really can’t blame you with how busy your routine is.. But come on then, hurry! We’re going to be late!”

The teen emphasised her point by grabbing the blonde’s wrist and tugging it lightly, causing the man to tumble outside his doorstep. Albedo’s mind raced for a reply, but kept running blank. He was unsure of Diluc’s intentions for the night and it’d look poor on the knights if two whole captains couldn’t attend his event. It was also important that he and Kaeya inspected the reason why the redhead invited the knights in the first place. 

But, he refused to let his ill boyfriend out of bed. Kaeya was sick, miserably sick. It would do neither of them any good if he exerted himself; Albedo could only dread the long recovery process that’d follow. He racked his introverted brain for the consequences he’d face if he just turned around and shut the door, but again no thoughts came to his rescue. 

“Oh? Has our outrider come to be our carriage?” 

Albedo ignored the click in his neck when he snapped his head to the door. In the opening was Kaeya, who had already put on his full attire. It only required one look to tell he was worse for wear. 

“Kaeya you’re ready! That’s great, wait here with me until you” she pointed a finger at Albedo. “-are also already.” She huffed. The short male was having trouble maintaining his collected self. His boyfriend chuckled at the brunette's enthusiasm. 

“Now now, let’s cut him some slack, alright? Albedo has done quite a bit of running around,” Kaeya cooed in his croaky tone. Amber paid it no mind, merely nodding sheepishly in the alchemist’s direction. Said alchemist was becoming overloaded with too many emotions.

“..Right my.. My apologies. I’ll be prepared in a moment,” he uttered, whilst trying to suppress his confusion, frustration and worry. Gold eyes met indigo, as Kaeya mouthed in his direction I’ll be fine. 

Albedo swallowed hard.

Kaeya was not, in fact, going to be fine. 

-

The two slacked a little behind the young outrider, though they weren’t conversating. Kaeya turned to Albedo’s direction with a guilty frown, but the other wouldn’t engage. Perhaps it was just the shorter’s way of reigning his anger, but Kaeya couldn’t help the small pang in his chest he felt from shame. His boyfriend had a right to be mad, and that only made the sick male feel worse. 

Deciding that bodily gestures weren’t going to encourage Albedo’s attention, Kaeya went to open his mouth. But in doing that, his nose was immediately triggered by the cool night air hitting his throat. 

“HhU’hdshhh!” He sneezed. The sensation had Kaeya wishing that he could wield a pyro vision so he could melt into the floor. Thankfully, this had gotten his lover to turn. 

The expression on Albedo’s face was unreadable, until it finally scrunched. The alchemist shut his eyes tightly, releasing a sharp exhale before softening his features. “You must be aware of what condition you’ve put your body in,” he stated. 

Kaeya blinked away the tears from his irritated eyes, trying to keep focus on the blonde in the dark. He sheepishly shrugged with a weak chuckle. “Indeed, but we shouldn’t miss out on such a..  unique night.” 

“And what about you?” 

“I can keep myself moving for a couple more h- hours eHU’hGkshuu!”

Albedo didn’t say anything, feeling as though his point had just been proven yet again. Instead he reached up to his boyfriend's cheek, to which the tan male subconscious lent into. It happened to be that very moment thst Amber turned around to see why they slowed down.

“Is something wrong?” She politely asked, her eyes still adjusting to the figures behind her.

“Nothing worth your conce-“ the feverish captain couldn’t finish.

“I’m taking Kaeya back.” 

At Albedo’s comment, the brunette teen decided to walk back over to the two. At closer inspection, she could see the shorter was checking Kaeya’s temperature. Her brows furrowed as worry filled her gut. “Is he sick?”

The blonde nodded, but his boyfriend refused to show weakness in front of the outrider. “Not at all,” a wet sniffle punctuated Kaeya’s words. “I just happened to do a lot of work today..” His congested speech did little to further convince his point. 

Then without opportunity for the other two to speak, his legs shuddered beneath him, causing his upper body to tumble forward. Albedo stopped the emergency before it could start, by immediately catching him by his ribcage.

“Kaeya-!” He lightly gasped. 

Kaeya held deeply onto the alchemist’s grip, as though his body depended on it. Amber then panicked “Yes you are! We need to find somewhere for you to sit before you collapse!” She then snapped her head around to scan the area. The entrance to the Dawn Winery was only a few meters ahead, they’d basically made their arrival. 

The tall pale male wheezed exhaustedly, before steadying himself on his own. “You mustn’t worry about me, that was just.. Just some of the day’s exertion coming to get its... karma.” 

It pained Albedo to know Kaeya was only being so secretive because he didn’t want to disappoint Amber - even though Amber wasn’t showing disappointment in the slightest, but rather concern. It had only been just under an hour ago that the sickly male was miserably sitting in bed, telling Albedo that he didn’t feel well. The blonde wanted to shout at Kaeya for his selflessness at the moment, but he knew that wouldn’t bring a solution to anything. 

Amber was still searching for a form of seating, whether that was a chair or a tree trunk. The blue haired man openly coughed into the night sky. Even though Albedo was Mondstadt’s investigation Captain, he truly felt useless in the situation. As both he and Amber tried to come up with a plan, someone who was affiliated with the winery approached them. 

“Welcome young madam and sirs, the ceremony has just started! Please make your way inside, we will have drinks to accompany you shortly.”

The cavalry captain recognised the voice to be Elzer’s. His hazy eyesight dazed upon the silver haired man wearing a fashionable attire. It had been awhile since Kaeya had seen his face, but the male was certain that he didn’t wear that outfit often. It was simply a black suit that'd be worn for celebrations.

That was the moment Kaeya remembered he was also expected to celebrate. His muscles stiffened with all his remaining strength to keep standing. Both Albedo and Amber turned to him cautiously, before looking back at Elzer. Albedo sighed, muffling a curse to the archons. 

“..Thank you for your accommodations, we are happy to attend.” He answered the winery’s chairman. Without any further comments, whether it be of Kaeya’s behaviour or the three guest’s desire to leave - they all found themselves entering the mansion’s door. 

They were immediately pampered by some of the winery’s butlers, being ushered to sit down at an empty table that had been across the main hall. The place had been decorated and rearranged, with many tables scattered across the room. There was a small area presumably for bartending. Most knights were congregating in that area, shouting and laughing as alcohol spilled on their uniforms. It shocked the three that the winery was allowing for such a ruckus. 

Kaeya dropped his face into his palm, as he sat blarily at the table. His eyes were struggling to keep open and his body continuously wracked with shivers. He couldn’t help the small groan that slipped from his throat. Albedo gently grabbed his other wrist and squeezed it, feeling nothing but sympathy for his exhausted boyfriend.

“It’ll be over soon,” he hushed, internally wishing he could take away the taller’s discomfort. 

The brunette teen frowned, her eyebrows knitted in worry. She was caught off guard when another butler came by with drinks. There were three glasses, two of which were evidently alcoholic, but the last was simply cider. She sheepishly took the glass that was clearly meant for her. Albedo politely declined his drink, and Kaeya showed no recognition. With that, the waiter motioned to go to the next set of guests, but Amber suddenly got his attention. “Excuse me, Sir?” 

The man turned, drinks still in hand. He gave no reply, instead patiently waiting for the outrider to elaborate.

“Would we be able to, uh..  Talk with Master Diluc by any chance? We kinda have some, trifling matters on our hands at the moment..” she trailed, gesturing towards Kaeya, who was clenching his teeth. 

The man pondered, taking a good glance at the unresponsive cavalry captain. He returned with a subtle nod, face entirely neutral. “I shall arrange for you to meet him shortly.” 

Amber clapped her thanks as the waiter wandered off. She then looked toward Albedo. “You and Kaeya will go talk with Master Diluc, ask all the queries you need to ask, then make your exit as swiftly as possible,” she planned excitedly, proud of her own smart thinking. 

The alchemist was merely confused. “How.. How did you know we-“

“Oh Albedo, Outrider Amber has her ears throughout all of Mondstadt!” She chirped back with a giggle. The male slightly gaped at her beaming, vaguely astonished by her understanding. He blinked slowly, giving a soft smile in her direction. “Thank you Amber.”

Her grin eased into warm upturned lips. “You can leave it to me captain.” 

Kaeya chose then to somewhat return from his tired gaze. It didn’t seem intentional however, as his hands went up to catch his sneeze. “hHU’DSSGH’uu! Ngh..” his head pounded with tension, and his sinus’ pulsed.

The male was well past the coherent state of mind, no longer caring much about how he presented himself. All that Kaeya’s fever ridden brain could determine was that he wanted to go home. He could hardly give a damn over his brother’s intentions anymore. Showing up was a bad idea. His body hurt and he was so tired. 

“I know it hurts love but we’ll get to go home soon. As soon as we are, I'll help you get straight back to bed,” the voice was so gentle and calming that Kaeya could cry with the relief it gave him. Had he been speaking out loud? He was too delirious to tell or to care. He felt soft fingers being massaged into his hand in a soothing manner. 

“Just wait a little while longer,” the same voice echoed in his mind, providing him the solitude Kaeya desperately needed.

Everything then fell back into blurry noise, and at some point he felt himself being pulled up from his chair. The male faintly registered that he was being taken to Diluc. A sickly sensation swirled in his gut, but it hadn’t been from his illness. The blue haired captain no longer had the energy to do his sly inspecting, and any interaction he had with his brother always ended with malice. Two things that he dreaded at that moment.

A couple moments later he was being seated again, though it appeared to be in another room. Diluc’s office was likely. He saw a red figure on the other side of the desk in front of him, so that certainly was the case. Albedo still hadn’t released his grip, in fact Kaeya felt that he was tightening it. 

Said blonde had his eyebrows firmly scrunched with distress. To Diluc in front of the two, it seemed obvious what their issue was. 

“Good evening Diluc..” Albedo started. 

“Good.. Evening?” The redhead replied awkwardly, largely from speculation. 

The alchemist ran a hand through his long velvet hair. “It all seems rushed now, but as we are captains under Jean’s command, we wanted to ask you about your-“

“Intentions?”

Albedo swallowed. “Yes, that.” 

Diluc folded his arms from where he had been seated. Silence went by as he contemplated his next decision. “I imagine it was Kaeya who so desperately needed to know?” He sighed when the blonde gave no response. “Annoying as usual,” something appeared lighter in his crude attitude though, and Albedo could only reason that it was because of his boyfriend’s manner. 

“If it is truly necessary, then I shall tell Kaeya. Do not think of this disrespectfully, but may I dismiss you for a moment's time?” Diluc stated, voice as firm and bored as ever. 

The shorter didn’t like the idea of being separated, but knew there was a lot of history between the brothers in the room. Whether they wanted to sort things out or not, Albedo was confident that they still cared for each other. He gave a parting squeeze to Kaeya, before politely taking his leave. 

-

“You’re a fool.” The older’s voice rang strongly. Kaeya was barely assertive to respond. He sniffled quietly into his arm, before trying to recuperate himself. 

“I don’t have time for snff, your incorrect observations. Will you just hurry and give me the truth now, oh Master Diluc?” He attempted to mock his brother’s title, though his voice croaked too much for any of it to be taken with seriousness. As though to further ruin Kaeya’s night, his nose succumbed to another tickle. “hHH’gXDN’T!” He tactically stifled into his elbow, though the damage had already been done.

There was no bless you from Diluc, not surprising Kaeya in any way. 

“And this is all coming from the cavalry captain who can’t realize he’s too out of shape to do his duties?” 

A scoff. “You lack judgement, Diluc. I am fitter than you in all kinds of fields.”

“Yet I’m the one who’s currently able to look straight?”

Kaeya brought a hand to his heart. “Now don’t say that, it’s as though you’re asking me to collapse on the winery’s floor. Wouldn’t that be terrible?”

Diluc’s tone burned with sarcasm. “Ah of course, it’d be disastrous.” He pressed two figures to the crook of his brow, letting out a sharp frustrated sigh. It’d been minutes and they’d already started arguing. “What makes you care so much about it? You’re wasting my time.”

Kaeya smirked deliriously. “Oh Diluc, it isn’t a secret to anybody that you hate the knights, surely you can see how peculiar it is that you’re suddenly inviting them over,” he finished with a cough. 

Diluc gave a sounding tch before dulling his expression. This was not a conversation he was in the mood to have, and it was evident that Kaeya was not well enough to have it. But, with just the both of them being the only ones in the room, the redhead found himself with no choice. 

Moments before Diluc opened his mouth, the male before him twitched in pain. As much as the older would’ve like to question Kaeya’s demeanor, he knew he no longer had that position to do so. When he did speak, his voice was far more genuine than the last few minutes. 

“Do you remember the celebrations that used to be held for the Dawn Winery’s anniversary?” 

Do you remember when we used to go to them together? 

There was a drawn out silence that filled the room. Kaeya blinked, rubbing a hand down his face. Feeling the mood in the room dramatically shift, he also chose his next words carefully. “I do.” 

The winery used to host events that’d last a week at a time, and it’d involve every last citizen of Mondstadt. Some people viewed it as a tradition, something they’d look forward to every year, it was as significant as their own birthdays. 

There’d be celebrations at the winery, as well as activities for younger children to participate in. For people of age, there was always alcoholic beverages passed around in the evening, games and music would beam through the halls. 

For young Diluc and Kaeya, they both remembered the preparations leading up to it all. The grape harvesting, the grape crushing. With those figments of their memory in mind, what still remained prominent to both of them was the event’s host. 

Crepus Ragnvindr.

After his passing, the Dawn Winery stopped it’s yearly celebrations, courtesy of its new grieving owner. And so there hadn’t been another anniversary party since. 

Kaeya stilled in his seat, briskly making the revelations on his own. His mouth went dry, accompanied by his already parched throat. It had seemed Diluc felt prepared to move forward in his own way. He hosted the winery’s anniversary in memory of their father.

His brother’s father. 

The captain swallowed delicately, suddenly feeling rather uncomfortable over the fact he asked in the first place. Diluc made no sign of elaborating, seeing as he could tell the male caught on. Kaeya bit his lip - whether that was a way for him to keep himself coherent or to calm the tension inside him, it wasn’t important. 

He glanced up at his brother's face warily, still trying to decide his next words. The red head was staring at him quizzically, though it was clear to Kaeya what he actually felt was planted far deeper beneath his expression. He couldn’t pry, he couldn’t. A classic snarky reply wouldn’t do either. The room felt cold as the two brothers sat in growing stillness.

Kaeya slowly stood from where he was seated, sliding a hand under his chin. If there was one thing the cavalry captain was known for, it was his way of staying utterly mysterious in the most serious of situations. 

“I see.” He finally delicately muttered in a neutral tone. He was truly not fit for this talk, he realised as he painfully swallowed.

Kaeya was caught off guard when his chest heaved afterwards. A wrist brushed his lips as he tried to play it off coolly. Diluc merely watched on to see if he’d stop. 

His coughing however, didn’t cease. Instead, progressing into something much thicker. Suddenly, Kaeya struggled to breathe. “P-Pardon” he wheezed, turning his head far from his older brother’s view. 

Diluc who was sitting before him hastily sat upright, pushing his chair out from under the desk. He was wary, but had trusted that the male was going to recover himself shortly. He tried to remain respectful as Kaeya hacked, but there was little he could do when the captain began to whimper. 

The males crimson eyes slightly widened when he saw his former sibling start to put a hand to his neck. Acting quickly, Diluc gathered to Kaeya’s side of the table. 

He repositioned Kaeya so that he could gain access to his shoulders, before massaging his back in a firm manner. The blue haired male shivered under his touch, quickly losing all his composure from seconds earlier. Without thinking, Diluc hushed him softly. 

It took another thirty seconds before the younger finally took a clear breath in. His body stopped trembling, returning to the same chills as beforehand. Diluc lowered his hands, and stood by hesitantly. The tension in the room evaporated after that.

Very dazed, Kaeya looked up at the redhead through his visible eye, his lips vaguely perking up. “..How unlike you, Master Diluc.” 

The older froze  the moment the words left Kaeya’s mouth. It dawned on him that he had acted entirely on impulse. The male didn’t even think to consider his actions. His body stiffened as Kaeya awaited his response. A sharp exhale then, “You really are a fool,” he huffed sternly. The man swiftly avoided what Kaeya tried to address.

The sick male chuckled meekly, though, before there was an opportunity for him to argue, his head bobbed into his wrist. “I.. hHU’hegdsh’u! ‘GKShh! ehU’HDGSHH’uu! Snrff,” Diluc noticed how Kaeya’s nose reddened from the rapid fire sneezes. Said male then tried continuing as though nothing had happened. 

“I wonder what the archons think of you, then,” Sadly for Kaeya, the retort had lost all its credibility with the fit. 

Diluc’s eyebrow rose with a sense of superiority, completely disregarding the comment. He reached towards a box of tissues by his desk, before passing one to Kaeya. He found no purpose in demeaning the male any further because of his evident illness. Conscious of the fact that Albedo was likely waiting outside the room, he decided the best course of action would be to end their conversation. 

“Go home, Kaeya,” was all the redhead said lightly, sounding the most genuine he had been all evening. 

The younger didn’t reply, and his mouth fell into a flat line. Diluc suddenly became vigilant of the fact that he may have overstepped his mark. He was in no way the man who should be telling him that - years of separation after one fateful day truly did wonders to their outlook of each other. Yet, despite how much Diluc had hardened his spirit to forget all those years, he was yet to rid of his elder brother tendencies. 

“..Kaey-“

“I don’t think I can do that right now, Diluc,” the redhead noted how Kaeya hadn’t mocked his title when he spoke. Something in the last few minutes had changed in the captain, and Diluc watched as he looked progressively more precarious on his feet. Choosing his next words carefully, the redhead got prepared for what may happen next, judging by the male’s frozen figure. 

“And why could that be?” 

A beat of stillness rang in the room, before the blue haired male’s legs gave way. He let out a withdrawn “..Shit,” as he shakily collapsed against none other than his brother’s body. 

Diluc quickly hooked his arms under the delirious male, supporting his upper body as best as he could. Now that his head was significantly closer to his, the male could hear how congested and laboured Kaeya’s breathing was. In fact, he could feel the alarming heat radiating off his brother. How he had not noticed earlier during Kaeya’s coughing fit bewildered him. The redhead’s stomach swirled with panic, but he pushed aside his erratic thoughts to decide his next course of action. 

At least he’s breathing. He thought, as he kept notice of how miserable each exhale was sounding. Without any delay, he lifted Kaeya off his chest and hoisted his limp arm over his shoulder. Taking the passed out male to the cathedral was the smartest thing to do, but as he was about to pursue that direction Kaeya’s body stirred. 

“Don’t..” 

“Save your voice idiot, you’re very sick right now.” 

“..Not sick.. No.. Cathedral..” 

“You want a death wish? Your fever is-“

“..Albedo.”

“..What?”

“..Bring me to Albedo ‘Luc.. no one.. else..” 

‘I don’t feel good ‘Luc, but please, please don’t tell anyone else!’ A delirious Kaeya once cried. 

Diluc only obliged as he knew the poor blonde male was currently outside, clueless of his partner’s predicament; not because of the fact he hadn’t heard Kaeya call him that nickname since they were kids. He sighed loudly and began his fast departure from the office. “Don’t speak anymore,” was the last thing he commanded his brother. Kaeya complied.

The moment Diluc opened the door he was met with a restless Albedo. Shame sat in the pit of his stomach for making him wait so long, but there was no time for apologies at that moment. The blonde tilted his head up and rushed over to where Diluc was.

“What on earth-“ his voice was heavily distressed, and it didn’t suit his normal demeanour at all. Albedo looked up to Diluc, waiting for him to elaborate what had happened with his boyfriend. 

Diluc sharply exhaled. “He passed out from exertion it seems,” he gently lifted the feverish man off his back and helped him onto Albedo’s. “Idiot shouldn’t have been pushing himself.”  

“I apologise on his behalf, I wasn’t planning on bringing him here but some matter popped up and we were left with no choice,” the alchemist muttered, too enthralled by his lover’s burning skin to fully concentrate.

Diluc placed a rough hand on the blonde’s free shoulder. “I should be apologising for making you have to put up with him, don’t threat.” He offered his best attempt at comfort, though he was about a decade out of practice. Albedo seemed to have appreciated it though, giving the taller a small nod. 

“It’s nice to see you still care, Diluc.” 

“I care more for your well-being than I do of his health, now it’s best you be going.” 

Both parties knew that was a lie, but Albedo didn’t have the heart to make Diluc a bashful mess. 

He simply nodded, before hurriedly brushing by with Kaeya over his shoulder. “By the way, check by the front desk for my opinion on the drinks, I hope the review is to the winery’s standards.” He articulated kindly, then gave a small wave. “Goodnight.” 

A faint smirk rested on Diluc’s lips at the other’s rushed manner. “Goodnight, Albedo.”

-

When Kaeya next awoke, he felt marginally better. His face still felt full of cotton, and his chest rattled softly with his breaths, but he was no longer in his regular attire. The male was laid comfortably in his shared bed, with a washcloth resting on his forehead. He immediately felt relief wash over him  from finally being out of sight from others. 

“Kaeya?” A soft voice entered the room. It was Albedo, carrying a small bowl of his finished calla lily and seafood soup. The blue haired male sat up lethargically, huffing a few coughs in the process. A weak smile crept on his features. “Haven’t you been busy..” his throat was as raspy as earlier, though it hadn’t disturbed Kaeya in the slightest. 

Albedo shuffled over to his side of the bed, resting the soup on the bedside table. “Unfortunately I’m going to need you to eat, even if you aren’t that hungry,” he stated, stirring around the warm dish. He observed Kaeya’s expression as it changed slightly, looking restless. To Albedo’s expectations, the male wasn’t up for food. Still, it was important that his boyfriend ate as it had been that morning when he last saw the male consume anything. 

“I’ll do my best for you, love,” he chuckled sheepishly. 

Albedo scooped a small amount onto the spoon he was using to stir, and delicately brought that over to Kaeya’s lips. He watched as his boyfriend swallowed. The male looked a little uneasy, but was mostly relieved when his body wasn’t rejecting it immediately. The blonde smiled warmly, grabbing another spoonful.

They stayed like that until two thirds of the bowl remained, after Kaeya declared he was full. It wasn’t enough to be healthy, but Albedo was satisfied with what he managed to get down. He went to take the bowl to the kitchen, but was stopped when his boyfriend tugged at his shirt. “Hm?” He turned to see Kaeya giving him an uncertain look. 

“Stay with me,” the male whispered. Albedo was almost impressed by how fast Kaeya’s mood changed when he was so feverish. He gave the sick male his hand for a moment, before releasing it to go in the direction of the doorway. “I’ll be just a minute, can you wait for me?” 

True to his word, Albedo returned shortly after, shutting off the light as he reentered the room. Kaeya appeared to be asleep, the laboured, congested breathing that filled the room being a dead giveaway. 

The blonde crept over to his side of the bed quietly, gently lifting the blankets so he could slide under. Once buried into bed, he rolled to face his lover. It wasn’t a good idea to cuddle with sick people, he being an alchemist knew firsthand the wonders of contamination. Yet, the male couldn’t help but wrap his arms around Kaeya’s relaxed torso. 

Sleep well, love. 

• 2 months later...