Sneeze Fetish Forum

Disney's Encanto?

murphy dee

Sorry that I'm back for the first time in a million years and this is what I wanna talk about, but has anyone else seen Encanto? More specifically, has anyone else seen Encanto and fallen completely in love with Bruno Madrigal? I feel like he was tailor-made not just for me but for several of us here. 👀 He's 50 year old, he's very very sad and sweet, he's slight of frame and looks like he never sleeps. The poorest of meow meows. Plus his nose is exquisite. :3c

tumblr_cd350fc903ff606517471c86181be375_6a4d2466_1280.jpg

Okay that's all I got. 😅

Edited by murphy dee
the pic didn't load :O

Have you seen the movie? I am interested, but the plot sounds bizarre to say the least. I am l looking forward to going out to the cinema more when I have had my COVID booster jab. :)

2 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

Have you seen the movie? I am interested, but the plot sounds bizarre to say the least. I am l looking forward to going out to the cinema more when I have had my COVID booster jab. :)

Oh yeah, I have Disney+ so I've seen it 3 times already haha

The plot IS a little tough to follow on a first viewing, which I actually think is the fault of the music. Lin Manuel Miranda likes to shove SO many words into one little song that it was difficult for me to follow the words + the music + the action on screen together the very first time I saw the movie. It's a REALLY sweet story, though. And the animation is just plain gorgeous.

Yes it's such a sweet movie!! I'm also a little sick of Lin Manuel Miranda's writing just because like most writers he writes very similar songs over and over (a lot of the songs reminded me of Moana / Hamilton), but I thought it had a beautiful message and the animation was gorgeous as always with pixar !

I finally had a chance to see Encanto over Christmas. Watching it, I enjoyed it but wasn’t “wowed” until the end. But now I’ve been listening to the soundtrack all week, and the more I think about the movie, the more beautiful I think it is. Definitely score another one for Disney and Lin-Manuel Miranda!

And yes, I ADORE Bruno! Beautiful nose and sickly appearance aside, I love that he’s lonely and tragic but also a lovably-kooky oddball. And I really love that, despite all he’s been through, he’s still so kind and gentle. ❤️ 🥰 

• 2 weeks later...

We have probably watched Encanto at least four times in my house. I looooove it but I’m also terrible at critiquing movies as I usually am very generous with my reviews. I loved Bruno!

I was super surprised by how hard it got me - I cried at this movie, kinda out of nowhere! The music and animation are great, and a movie without a villain is non-standard for Disney but worked super well here. But also just the honest discussion of family dynamics - the different kinds of pressure on siblings both old and young, the well-meaning tendency of older generations to maintain the status quo and ignore problems, the hushing of conversation around "problematic" members of the family (shoutout to the homie BRUNO) are all super well depicted.

On one hand, the plot could be difficult to follow, especially for kids, but honestly I've never thought that to be super important in a kid's movie. I only fully understood the plot of The Incredibles when I was 17 years old, and it was and still is my favourite movie. The fun, the music, and the emotions are still very much there regardless of how well the plot is understood! I like it a lot :)

I adored the movie and the music has earned a place in my playlist.  But I tend to be a Disney fan, I'm basic and love me some big franchises, what can I say?

The Bruno Love Train missed my stop I guess...but my girl Luisa owns my entire heart and I want to take care of her.  I'm a sucker for kick ass women!  And her song rules.

Ahhhh. I love Bruno so much. Built up as huge terrifying villain... turns out to be the most adorable nerd. That's my JAM.

And the music is amazing. I love Lin-Manuel Miranda a lot.

1 hour ago, ticklywombat said:

Ahhhh. I love Bruno so much. Built up as huge terrifying villain... turns out to be the most adorable nerd. That's my JAM.

And the music is amazing. I love Lin-Manuel Miranda a lot.

Also his other personas crack me up every time. “Jorge does the spackle. … ‘I AM JORGE.’” He’s awesome.

10 minutes ago, Heathercd said:

Also his other personas crack me up every time. “Jorge does the spackle. … ‘I AM JORGE.’” He’s awesome.

Yes that’s so sweet. I LOVE HIM.

And the bit with the rats also doing different types of entertainment 🤣

I personally liked the idea of Isabela being allergic to those flowers she’s able to produce 😏

I could see Luisa’s sneezes being big and strong and she’s not certain how to control how strong her sneezes are.

I was thinking of writing a one-shot with Pepa catching a cold, thus making the weather go crazy like too hot/too cold (fever), rainstorm every time she sneezes… would anyone be interested in reading?

• 7 months later...
On 1/29/2022 at 11:51 AM, ilikesneezes2000 said:

I personally liked the idea of Isabela being allergic to those flowers she’s able to produce 😏

I also was having similar thoughts - would love to see a fanfic about this. 😉

On 9/8/2022 at 8:03 PM, NobodyKnows said:

I also was having similar thoughts - would love to see a fanfic about this. 😉

So would I tbh. There’s actually this tumblr post I know that has sneeze headcanons for her

1 hour ago, Katzoo12 said:

So would I tbh. There’s actually this tumblr post I know that has sneeze headcanons for her

Care to share a link?