Sneeze Fetish Forum

How would you feel going on a date with someone who has a cold?

CheekyGuy

How would anyone feel if you went on a date with someone (either sex) and they had a cold, was sneezing, blowing their nose, etc? Appealing, could make the date more enjoyable (if you liked them anyhow)? If they apologised for it, might you be tempted to reveal that you like it?

I would probably worry about my date not feeling well, but at the same time I would love it (given he had a sneeze I found attractive). I would not reveal that I liked it, but he would probably get a little extra attention from me and if he apologised I would tell him not to, that he can't help that he caught a cold.

I would be totally ok with it!  I would feel bad for them (but be secretly turned on)!  I would make sure that I had a big box of Puffs tissues in the car.  Depending on how long we were dating for, I would also offer to take care of them after our date too.

If they kept apologizing after blowing their nose, I would tell her that it's not a big deal that she kept sneezing and blowing her nose and that it didn't bother me.  As far as telling them that I liked it, I am would have to gauge the situation.  I would not want to make them self-conscious and feel uncomfortable blowing their nose in front of me in the future.

On the flip side, I know that I would be self-conscious about going on a date if I had a cold, even if she said that it was no big deal and that my sneezing and nose blowing didn't bother her (especially if we just started dating).  I sometimes get really shy and embarrassed when I have a cold because all of my blows produce tons of gurgly snot and honks loud enough to blow holes through tissues.  I also almost always look at the tissues after I am done blowing my nose, so, I would not want to gross her out by looking at my snotty tissue after blowing my nose in public.  I have always had that fear of having one of those super gurgly blows (from a cold or bad allergies) in public and having so much snot, that when I go to pull the tissue (or napkin) away from my nose after blowing my nose to give a quick look, that there's sticky snot on my hand or like a string of snot dangling between the tissue and my face.

Sorry if I went a bit overboard with my response, just kept typing as I was picturing this scenario.  :P

Well... here's the thing; I'm a germaphobe, and I would find it very inconsiderate and off-putting if I go to see someone (for a date or anything else) and they have a cold and didn't warn me about it in advance. I want to make the decision for myself if I want to risk catching it. So the inconsideration would be a turn-off. However, if she did tell me in advance and asked if I still wanted to go on the date, and I was interested enough in her, I probably would go. Apologies would go a long way, as would making an obvious effort to reduce the risk of contagion - covering properly, washing hands, that kind of stuff. I think I'd have to be VERY into her for it to be more enjoyable than anxiety-inducing though. Going on a date with someone with allergies, I'd be thrilled. Cold, with the risk of catching it? Probably more anxious.

I wouldn't reveal that I like sneezing if we're just on dating level. I'm honestly not sure I'd reveal it in an established relationship either. 

1 hour ago, EveP said:

I would probably worry about my date not feeling well, but at the same time I would love it (given he had a sneeze I found attractive). I would not reveal that I liked it, but he would probably get a little extra attention from me and if he apologised I would tell him not to, that he can't help that he caught a cold.

If you had the chance to offer him some tissues, would that be nice to do?

On our third(?) date, my now husband had a cold. He did tell me ahead of time, and I was ok with it. It was really hard to keep cool when he was sneezing and continually making comments about it. But he wasn't super ill, so it was fine. And I didn't tell him that night. It, uh, took me 13 more years before I opened that particular can of worms, haha.

1 hour ago, CheekyGuy said:

If you had the chance to offer him some tissues, would that be nice to do?

It would, since I don't like uncovered sneezes and don't mind nose blowing as long as it's polite and no visible snot. I don't like people sneezing in their hands or uncovered - that would really bother me.

Edited by EveP

I find the thought of holding in the arousal to be quite arousing too so yes while I'd still feel bad/guilty that they're sick but at the same I'd be enjoying it on another level...then maybe...I could play a role of a nurse and treat them at home <3 

15 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Well... here's the thing; I'm a germaphobe, and I would find it very inconsiderate and off-putting if I go to see someone (for a date or anything else) and they have a cold and didn't warn me about it in advance. I want to make the decision for myself if I want to risk catching it. So the inconsideration would be a turn-off. However, if she did tell me in advance and asked if I still wanted to go on the date, and I was interested enough in her, I probably would go. Apologies would go a long way, as would making an obvious effort to reduce the risk of contagion - covering properly, washing hands, that kind of stuff. I think I'd have to be VERY into her for it to be more enjoyable than anxiety-inducing though. Going on a date with someone with allergies, I'd be thrilled. Cold, with the risk of catching it? Probably more anxious.

I wouldn't reveal that I like sneezing if we're just on dating level. I'm honestly not sure I'd reveal it in an established relationship either. 

Glad to see some other germaphobes in this community. I wish there was a way to see cold sneezes without the risk of getting sick.

• 4 weeks later...

to be honest im sort of on the germaphobe spectrum mostly because i'm chronically ill so if i get sick from someone im on a date with id probably just get a huge flare up of pain and then be annoyed that they were inconsiderate and didn't tell me. if they warned me in advance I'd probably still say no lol. but in fiction this is a wonderfully hot scenario.

• 2 weeks later...

I’d be more into it if she was dealing with allergies vs having a cold. I’d do my best to make her feel as comfortable as possible and that it wasn’t a big deal to me. Then I’m sure I’d let her know how adorable I think it is that she’s willing to press on through the date even though her nose is going nuts. 

• 3 weeks later...

Oh this has happened, my girlfriend once had a cold while we were on a date. Personally, I found it waaaay to cute that she was trying to hide the sniffles. Gave her my jacket. I felt kinda bad that she was sick, but I also loved when she would stifle, gently wipe her nose, and apologize. After, I took her home and cared for her ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh interesting topic. I would agree that a heads up would be nice. I wouldn’t mind at all and would probably enjoy it if the person was able to mostly keep their germs to themselves. In general, germs don’t bother me, but as someone above said, chronic illness can really take the fun out of it 😂

On 5/10/2022 at 11:59 PM, Immorticia said:

Glad to see some other germaphobes in this community. I wish there was a way to see cold sneezes without the risk of getting sick.

On 5/10/2022 at 11:59 PM, Immorticia said:

withoutThere's lots of ways to " see cold sneezes without the risk of getting sick" .you can go on this App called YouTube or Instagram or tik Tok and search for cold sneezes. There you can definitely not get sick. Im definitely the opposite of a germaphobe and encourage sneezing uncovered blowing snot rockets 

If it wasn't a first date, and the person wasn't clearly completely miserable, it would be kind of fun.

I don't know about telling them about liking it though.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'd like a heads up at the start or just before that they might be coming down with something. But generally if i liked them, I dont think I would care much. It depended on what we were doing.  
I'd worry if we were in a public place about others or being glared at. But if it were just the two of us watching a movie. I think I'd like it a lot ;) Maybe even be tempted to try to catch it from them if I could. 

Cheers, 
Drea

1 hour ago, FireFlower3013 said:

I think I'd like a heads up at the start or just before that they might be coming down with something. But generally if i liked them, I dont think I would care much. It depended on what we were doing.  
I'd worry if we were in a public place about others or being glared at. But if it were just the two of us watching a movie. I think I'd like it a lot ;) Maybe even be tempted to try to catch it from them if I could. 

Cheers, 
Drea

That’s really nice. 

22 minutes ago, CheekyGuy said:

That’s really nice. 

Thanks

Cheers 
Drea

• 1 month later...

It depends - I wouldn’t want my date to be feeling too unwell as I don’t enjoy people in pain - but I definitely wouldn’t mind his sneezing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 4:49 PM, FireFlower3013 said:

Cheers, 
Drea

Same here 🥰

I mean I feel like it would be a better experience for both of us if they were feeling well. I don't think I would mind though.

Honestly, I wouldn’t really care and I find that cute because he/she/… was sick and wanted to come to the date even with the illness (is this sentence correct ? X) ). Obviously I will ask if he/she/… is okay and I would be so excited if they had a cute sneeze X) 

But I would never go while I’m sick because I feel horrible !

(Also sorry if I write bad, English is not my native language and I try my best to learn it)

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I'd be ok with going through with the date, for obvious reasons. At the same time, I'd rather we call it off till another day if I know they're miserable. If seen people that can function fine with a cold and some not so much. 

If the date is still on, there's no way in hell I'd let them know about my fetish. Nope!