Sneeze Fetish Forum

Outside the art store

MidnightCatK

This is a very small obs, but it just stood out to me and has been something that crosses my mind here and there:

A short while back, I was out shopping for art supplies. I was walking along the crosswalk within the parking lot, approaching the entrance when this guy absolutely ERUPTED nearby:

"HEAH'TCHOOOO!"

I nearly paused right there, like a deer in the headlights, but forced myself to keep walking. I looked and noticed something I hadn't before. There was this guy (seemingly mid-30s, nicely dressed with short black hair) sitting on a bench just 5ft to the left of the doors. He was hunched over in the way that you'd be holding your head in your hands, and in the process of rubbing at his reddened nose.

Before I even had time to take all of these detail in, I had instinctively called out "Bless you!"

Due to heavy traffic, I don't even think he heard me approaching, and so he suddenly looked up in surprise. He had a look of gratefulness mixed with embarrassment as he said "Thank you."

It came across with such genuineness that I froze a little, but then gave him a smile and nod before entering the store. Pretty sure as soon as I grabbed a cart I let out an audible groan at my awkwardness. My mind wandered as to why he was there. Was he waiting for a significant other or friend to be done shopping? Did he not bring a mask and was worried about going inside while being visibly sick or experiencing allergies? I guess I'll never know.