Sneeze Fetish Forum

Top Gun (Mav x ice)

RemedyBane

I'm sorry i only seem to post drabbles.. I just don't have a several part story.. so have some cute drabbles instead.. hope you like Top Gun.. or else why are you here lol

There's a first time for everything

Sickie: Iceman

After graduation and their rocky first day post, Iceman and Maverick had gotten much closer than either had intended. It started off as little things, helping each other out on their respective plane repairs, or meeting for lunch, but then somehow ended up with Maverick taking Iceman on a road trip on his motorcycle, and Ice teaching Maverick to bake. At first, Ice was very frustrated with how Maverick kept trying to ignore the recipe and 'wing it' only for the food to come off horrible. Eventually, Ice gave up and let Mav do the cooking and he'd stick to the desserts. If anyone asked either of them when they started dating, neither one would have the same answer. It just kind of happened? What they both agree on though, is that it is very new for both of them. It ended up being a pretty good balance. As the saying goes: Ice kept Mav from floating away, but without Mav, Ice would never get off the ground at all. They really did think they knew all they could ever know about each other; then the unimaginable happened: Ice sneezed. It was the first time he had ever sneezed in from of Mav. 

It was a random weekend they both had off and Maverick convinced Ice to come with him to the beach: 

"Come on, Kazansky," Maverick used the key to open up Ice's house and waltzed in, "rise and shine!" 

"I have risen," his voice sounded a bit raspy, "I was just about to answer your texts-" 

"We are going to the beach," he walked over and kissed Ice before heading to make them both coffee, "You're looking a little pale, the sun will do you good." 

"Mav-" 

"Since when do you drink tea?" Mav made a face and moved the tea box away in search for the coffee.

"Maverick-" 

"There is no way you ran out of coffee," he scoffed and looked in another shelf, "you're always stocked." 

"Pete!" Ice turned away to cough a bit, body disliking his decision to raise his voice.

"What?" Mav stopped and came over, rubbing his back as the coughing took a second to stop, "you sick?" Before Ice could say anything, Maverick's hand was on his forehead, "no fever, thats good." 

"i'm not sick," Ice cleared his throat and sniffed, "Just allergies-" 

"you don't have any," Mav gave him a look and checked his throat for swollen lymph nodes, "at least none that are here." 

"I could be allergic to pollen-" 

"not with that garden you have outside," Mav put his hands down, "We should stay in." 

"we?" Ice raised a brow, "I'm fine. I was just trying to get your attention to tell you I put the coffee in the drawer under the pot." 

Mav was about to scold him about staying in when it hit him what he just said, "did you reorganize your kitchen... again??" 

"I didn't like it," his nose itched and he tried to play it of by rubbing his eyes and subtly rubbing his nose on his arm, "much more efficient this way." 

"so you weren't going to tell me you're too sick to go to the beach?" 

"nah," Ice put his hands down and cleared his throat, "but we are taking my car." 

Mav was a bit skeptical but if anyone knew their limits it was Iceman. He was such a rule stickler that there was no way he would go out if he was coming down with something. Maybe he did run into contact with an allergy. Its not like Cats don't roam free...

"Where did your mind go?" Ice was suddenly standing next to him with his bag and now in his bathing suit and a shirt, "want me to make you coffee before you fall asleep at the beach?" 

Mav playfully slapped Ice's side before going to the machine, "I got it, you want one?" 

"Had one already," Ice sat back down in the closest chair with a view to the kitchen.

Mav chanced a look into the trashcan and saw no coffee grounds or even one of those nespresso cups. He only saw a tea bag.. actually, a few tea bags. He took a mental note and grabbed a few water bottles as the the coffee brewed. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they walked down to the beach, Mav couldn't help but feel a little worried about Ice. Ice never, ever, let Mav drive his car, but he was all too happy to throw Mav the keys this morning. He did his best to drive the way Ice did, no funny business. It was a bit hard to not race past people going too slow, but it did give him more room to glance at ice from time to time. It wasn't unheard of for Ice to not be talkative. Sometimes he just doesn't feel like talking. You get used to the silence, finding it comforting. The silence made it a lot easier for Mav to hear the soft irritated throat sounds Ice did from time to time; which wasn't that surprising, he's always had a bit of a throat problem. Which is probably why he didn't talk much. He could also hear him rub his nose and every once in a while, catch it in his peripheral. 

He was taken from his thoughts when he heard a soft intake of breathe from ice. Curious he looked over at him to see him wrinkle his nose and walk a few steps away from him. Maverick, not caring about Ice's personal space, walked back up to him and put a hand on his back as Ice brought his elbow to his face. The sound that came out was something Mav was not expecting and couldn't stop the smile that came to his face. 

"Etch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-..hih..Esck'iew." he sniffed and rubbed his nose, "sorry-" 

"that was the cutest sneeze I have ever heard," Mav was stifling his laughter and hugged Ice from behind, smuthering his face in his shirt. 

"I can feel you laughing- Ehsciew!" Ice barely got his hand up to catch the sneeze.

Maverick's laughter only got louder. 

"real mature, Pete," Ice rolled his eyes and continued walking.

"Wait, baby," he ran up to him and grabbed his hand, forcing Ice to stop and turn around, only for Maverick to suddenly kiss him, "I'm sorry for laughing.. its just.. you're so rigid and in control all the time..." 

"I know, my sneeze doesn't match my personality, i've heard it before." Ice scrunched his face up and turned away to clear his throat, "you need to stop kissing me before i get you sick..." 

"thought you said you weren't sick?" 

Ice sighed, "LIke you bought my allergy stor- story.." he made a face and turned away again, clearly trying to stop the sneeze from coming, only to fail miserably, 'TsDSChiew!-schiew.. hiih.. etsch-etsch-etch-etch-etschiew" 

"aww, honey," Mav Rubbed his back ,"I promise I won't make fun of them. They are really cute though-ow" He winced as Ice poked his stomach, "how do you have such pointy fingers?" 

They finally made it to a spot that they found acceptable and laid out their towels. Instead of Maverick sitting on his towel, he just threw his bag on it and decided to lay half on top of Ice.

"how is it, i've never heard you sneeze before?" 

Ice rolled his eyes so hard, they could have gotten stuck, "I don't know.. maybe i was subconsciously holding them in or something.." 

"Has Slider heard it?" 

"of course he has, we're always together," Ice scrunched his nose up and put his shades back on, "Are you really not worried about getting my cold?" 

Mav bit his tongue, really wanting to make a joke about Iceman getting a cold, but refrained for his own safety, "I'll probably pick it up from you at some point. You didn't think I was gonna leave you alone, did you?" 

"it crossed my mind," he raised a brow.

"oh, i'm taking care of you, sicky," he kissed his stomach before moving up on his arms to kiss Ice again. He finally rolled off of Ice when Ice made an uncomfortable sound.

"not you," Ice put an arm around him and brought him close again, "I just have to.. snee'hih..sneeze.-eh'hiew-eh'iew-eh'iew-eh'iew..hih..atschiew." he sniffed and leaned back down against the towel.

"bless you," Pete rubbed his chest, "the sun getting to you." 

Ice nodded slightly before sniffling and rubbing his face, "uhuh.." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few hours, some on and off again swim time, Ice fell asleep on the towels. Mav was about to see if he wanted to grab lunch but when he saw him passed out, he just grabbed the book Iceman brought and started to read as he absentmindedly ran his fingers through Ice's hair. The book was actually so good that he barely noticed come to curl up closer to him. When he did notice, his heart grew a few sizes and had to stop himself from 'awing' as in his sleep he rubbed his nose and made a sound like it really itched. He was so relaxed that Mav could see just how much he really felt his cold. He was coughing a bit in his sleep, and the catch in his breathing told him his throat was hurting more than he let on. 

He tried his best not to wake him up, but Ice's cold had other plans, "dtsch-" 

Mav felt the spray on his leg and chuckled as he watched Ice slowly come to consciousness while in the throws of a sneezing fit.

"Dtsch-tsch-"he finally got himself sat up, "-etsch-etsch-aktsch-" he cupped his hands in front of his face, "-aktsch-aktsch-asch-atsch-ah'schiew" 

"bless you-" 

Ice shook his head, not done, "HUh'tschiew! hiiih.." he dared to sniff, but when nothing came of it, he took off his glasses and looked at the sun, instantly sneezing down his chest again, "ktsch-itsch-itsch-" he lifted his shirt over his face, "Etschiew-etcshiew-etschiew" 

Mav moved closer and rubbed his back, a little worried with how long this fit was lasting.

"Etschew-hih...Aghh'schiew!"  ice sighed and leaned into Mav, "Sorry.." 

"Jesus Christ.." Mav wrapped his arms around him and held him to his chest.

"sorry.. I didn't mean to-" 

"ice, shut up.. just breathe," Mav looked at him like he was going to faint, "are you dizzy?" 

"I'm not dizzy," ice chuckled slightly and turned to kiss Mav's cheek, "Just a little sick." 

"that's more than just a little." 

Ice cleared his throat and sat up on his own, "I keep forgetting this is the first time you've heard me sneeze." 

"yeah," Mav checked his forehead, "now i'm wondering just how fucking oblivious I was if that was normal." 

Ice just shrugged, "never came to work sick and you've never seen me have a reaction before." His face scrunched up like he was going to sneeze again but it went away. 

"Going to have to get used to that," he stood up and backed the bags, "Definitely time to go home and get you into bed.. preferably with some medicine. I'm assuming you're fully stocked." 

"Always," Ice sniffed and stood up, helping him pack even though Mav tried to stop him, "i'm not going to keep over. Just relax. When we get back to my place, I promise to be a good patient until you think i'm fit for duty. Ok?" 

"Any more suprises I should know about?" 

Ice looked to the side, thinking, "uhm.. Slider once told me my voice freaks him out when i'm sick.. You'd have to ask him.. I don't know any different."

Mav took a breathe, "Well, what doesn't freak Slider out," he tried to joke but took a mental note to check on his throat later, "come on, get in the car before we add heat stroke to your already compromised body." 

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RemedyBane

• Mygyn

• Wolfwings22

• Loverofreading

I don't know what this is, but its late, i'm tired, but i thought this was kinda funny.. im just gonna post this.. 

Allergy Meds

Maverick was working on his plane, waiting for Ice to come over and help him out. He said he wanted to work on it at 9, but he woke up earlier and started without Ice. That wasn't unusual. Maverick wasn't known for his patience.

He glanced at the clock when he heard footsteps come to his hanger, "Perfectly punctual, as always, Ice." 

The answer he got was not what he expected, "etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-itsch-hehchiew- fuck" 

"Bless," Mav came around the plane and leaned agaisnt it now that he could see Ice, "spring getting to you?" 

"It's fall," Ice rolled his eyes and sniffed, "But i get your point." 

"You ok?" Mav walked over and kissed his boyfriend, "you feel a little warm." 

"I hate fall.." he scrunched his nose up, "I ran out of allergy meds this morning.." 

Mav raised a brow, "you were unprepared?" 

"Shut up," Ice coughed off to the side, clearing his itchy throat, "I forgot I gave some to Slider.." 

Mav huffed a small laugh, "that makes more sense." 

With another throat clearing he looked at the plane, "what do you need help with.." 

"well," Mav pulled him closer by the waist, "I don't really need your help with anything.. i just wanted you." 

Ice sighed and put his forehead on mav's, "you begged me to come help you at 9 am, on my day off, just because you missed me?" 

"I always miss you," he kissed him, "but if you're not feeling good, we can go inside?" 

"well," Ice correctly before kissing him.

"Smart-ass," he slapped his butt, 'For that, I'm putting you to work."

"Looking forward to it," he scrunched his nose up and walked over to the plane, taking a look at what Mav was working on before he got here, "This is impressive.." 

"you're impressive," Mav looked him up and down before winking and looking back at the wiring he was fiddling with.

"You should wear gloves before you electrocute yourself-" 

"yeah yeah-OW!" The think sparked slightly and Mav shook his hand out, trying to get rid of the painful feeling of being zapped. 

"see?" Mav reached out and flicked Ice's nose in retaliation, sending him into another fit, "huh-fu'huhck... ETssch-sch-hiih..hitschiew!' He coughed a bit before stepping a bit away and blowing his nose on a handkerchief. 

"you're so old fashioned," Mav laughed at him and continued messing with the wires, now wearing gloves he found in Ice's bag. 

Ice came back and sat on the floor as he watched Mav work, noticing the gloves and smiling to himself, "so what exactly do you want me to do?" 

"I want you to sit there, staring at my ass, being all cute and pathetic." 

"excuse me?" Ice raised a brow, "how am I pathetic?" 

"your eyes are all glassy and clearly that little display wasn't the only fit you've had this morning. Your nose is redder than my helmet." 

Ice was rubbing his nose, but stopped at the comment. He was a bit embarrassed about that, "do i seriously look that bad?" 

"aww, baby," Mav dropped the tool and joined him on the floor, straddling his boyfriend, "it's not that bad, you just look itchy." 

Ice laid down and looked up at him, "I made the horrible decision of going for a run this morning.. Haven't had a moments peace since then." 

"I can tell," Mav made a sympathetic sound, "your voice sounds a little husky." He thought for a moment before slowly unbuttoning Ice's shirt, "what kind of psychopath wears a buttonup on their day off?" 

"someone who cares about their appearance," Ice watched him slightly curious, "I'm gross, so there's no way you're suddenly horny.." 

"first of all, you are not gross," he opened the shirt and threw away the sides so he can see his chest, "second of all, I want to slowly and meticulously take off all of your clothes, so i can get you into a shower, get the pollen off of you, then ravish you." 

"how romantic," Ice cleared his throat and sniffled, "then maybe you can get me some meds?" 

"baby," Mav leaned down to kiss him, "i'll even drive safely to get them for you." 

"oh," Ice wrapped his arms around him, "now that's sexy." 

Frustration and Missed Cues

Ice was just finishing blowing his nose when Maverick put his key in the door and swung it open, frustratingly announcing, "Today sucked!" 

He wasn't surprised, he gave Maverick a key to his place after a few months of dating and since then, Mav has always used it when he needed advice, or vent, or just wanted company, without giving Ice any sort of advanced notice. So, he just hummed, egging him to go on, before turning on the coffee pot and throwing away his tissue. 

"I mean, how hard is it to just shoot?!" Mav put his hands up in the air, "That walnut made us loose the exercise because he didn't like the shot!" 

"uhuh," Ice nodded as he poured Mav a cup of coffee and himself some tea, wanting him to know he was still listening.

"We didn't even need a direct hit! we just needed a distraction! He had nothing to loose!" 

Ice made a face and raised a brow, "This wasn't dog fighting?" 

"No!" Mav slapped the counter, "We were just suppose to set off a bomb that didn't go off like it should have! that was it.. just a hypothetic fix to a hypothetical problem, but the guy wouldn't -" Mav paused when he saw Ice put a hand up, asking him to hold on. 

Ice put his shirt over his nose and turned away, "HEH'Itschiew!-itschiew!-itschiew!-itschiew!..hih..Hah'Schiew!" He sighed and shook his head at how forceful they were compared to his little itchy fits. 

"bless you," Mav waited for Ice to wave him on before continuing, "the motherf**ker didn't even shoot.. didn't even try! on en EXERCISE! Can you believe this?" 

Ice sniffed and sat down, giving Mav his undivided attention again, "that is odd." 

"f*cking infuriating!" Mav finally sat down now that he was getting rid of the tension he felt from driving here angry, "and then he has the balls to blame me!" 

Ice raised a brow as he sipped his tea, trying to ignore how the steam was making his nose run. 

"Like its somehow my fault he was too much of a coward to take a shot! What if this had been real?" 

Ice realized Mav was actually expecting an answer and he put the tea down, "It w'huh'-would be unsafe.." he sniffed and rubbed his nose, trying not to sneeze again.

"exactly! and theeen," Mav tilted his head upwards as he sighed heavily, "He fucking left me! He left his wingman!" 

"hmph," ice tried not to laugh, "reminds me a bit of you back then." 

"I would NEVER not take that shot!" he pointed directly at Ice, "and i more than made up for that."

Ice nodded in agreement and pushed the now drinkable coffee towards Mav, "I wouldn't trust that man up there." 

"Yes!" Mav took the cup and held it so tightly that ice was worried it would shatter, "He's driving me mad, and he's so damn cocky-" he paused as he noticed Ice's face changed, "babe, just sneeze.." 

Ice rolled his eyes and rubbed his nose, "St'huh'uck.." he squinted up at the light, "hih.. eghk-" he ducked into his chest and sighed as he lost the sneeze, "ugh." 

"lost it?" 

"yeah," he rubbed his eyes and looked back at him, "I'm done, keep going." 

Mav rolled his eyes affectionately before continuing, "he's so cocky and blamed his system for failing to get a lock.. He should have just-" 

"Hah'chiew!" Ice cupped his hands in front of his face and ducked forward, the sneeze having snuck up on him. 

"Jesus" Mav started slightly, so used to Ice being quiet the sudden noise spooked him. 

"ek'hiew-eh'kiew-eh'kiew-eh'kiew hiih'ekshiew.." he sighed and put his hands down, "sorry.. so you all failed the exercise because he didn't try?" 

"Yes, and i wanted to punch him so bad, Ice," he saw the look Ice was giving him, "I didn't do it.. i just walked away and took a shower.. It didn't help but I didn't want to come here all gross along with angry." 

Ice laughed slightly before coughing into his fist.

Mav frowned at the cough and leaned forward, taking a good look at him, "you ok?" 

"I'm ok," Ice rubbed his nose before facing him, "did he get reprimanded?" 

"I have no idea, too pissed to listen," he pushed the coffee away and put his head on the counter, "f*cking rookie.." 

"this was a kid?" Ice almost sounded worried. His normally smooth voice cracked a little with surprise but also illness, "Why were you training with -hih.." Ice's face scrunched up as he fought the tickle, but inevitably lost, "He'tsch!" he tried to muffle his sneezed into his elbow, practically smooshing his face until the fit of 8 stopped. At some point in the fit, Maverick had gotten up and walked around to him. Ice only noticed when Mav started rubbing his back.

"Woah, hey.." Mav bent slightly to look at his face when he was done, "what's got you all irritated?" 

Ice shook his head and cleared his throat, "might have.. picked up something." 

Mav saw the embrassment in his eyes and frowned, "you were letting me yell about bullshit when you're sick?" he immediately touched his forehead and tisked, "baby.. you're so warm." 

"You weren't yelling," Ice sniffed and scrunched his nose up before removing mav's hand from his forehead, "You can't go home angry.." 

"who said I'm going home?" he went to the bathroom and came out with a thermometer, "nuhuh, i'm not leaving until you're feeling better or at least until your temperature goes back to normal." 

Ice looked at the thermometer and raised both brows, "you haven't taken my temperature yet.. How do you know it's not within normal range now?" 

"don't be smart.. I know how you feel." 

Ice huffed and small laugh before letting Mav put the thermometer in his mouth. After what felt like an forever, Mav took out the thermometer and looked really concerned. 

"Jesus, ice.. you're burning up," he frowned and put his hand back on Ice's forehead, "102, baby...you're melting.." 

Ice slapped his side lightly at the horrible joke, "I don't feel too bad.." 

"ya right," he gently put his hand on his cheek and ran his thumb over his sinuses, "you're really sensitive when you're sick.." 

Ice moved his face away from his hand, not wanting his thumb to touch his nose, "It doesn't take a lot.. you know that." 

"yeah," Mav took his chin and made him come back to him, "I also know your sinuses get all inflamed quickly.. just gauging how long you've been sick." 

"you could just ask me-" 

"considering you didn't say anything, even after three impressive sneezing fits? I'll take my chances with your sinuses, thanks," Mav went back to gently pressed, ignoring Ice's grunt of discomfort and halfhearted attempts to move away, "you should have called me.. "

"It's just a'hih-" one unfortunate press triggered a sneeze, "ehtsch'tsch..hih..ehtsch..itsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etshiew." 

"just a cold, huh?" Mav kissed his forehead, "come on, Ice, come take a shower with me.. then we can watch whatever movie you want in bed, ok?" 

Ice sniffed thickly and sighed as the congestion was starting to set in, "whad aboud thad guy?" 

"aww," Mav pouted and felt his forehead one last time, "I'm going to pretend i can't understand you and take that as a 'why yes, i'd love to shower and go to bed with cold meds, thank you mav'" 

Ice nodded, admitting defeat and standing up, letting Mav lead him to the shower. At least Mav didn't go home angry, and his frustration was taken over by worry for his sick boyfriend. While Ice didn't like the worry, he didn't mind the care taking. Ice would never admit it, but he loved it when Mav massaged his sinuses when they lay in bed. He didn't care how many sneezing fits it caused; it felt so good. Clearly Mav didn't mind either, but that's a thought to dwell on another day. 

i'm sorry if this seems out of character... kinda needed to project so i'm doing it on the character i've been obsessing over for a while now. so, no worries if you hate it, i will be back to the regularly scheduled program soon. 

"Family don't mean blood"- jim beaver

Mav thought it was really odd that no one else seemed to notice anything was wrong with ice. Usually, he would grab Slider and ask what was going on, but he was in the infirmary, which left Maverick to try to figure it out by himself. He noticed something off almost the second Ice was in his view. There was something about his stature that perked his interest. It was like he was tenser than usual. Mav kept staring at him, ignoring his RIO's attempts to draw his attention away from Ice. He just couldn't stop staring. He watched as Ice barely touched his breakfast at first, but then ate quickly when breakfast was almost over. Maverick had made it his mission to make sure Ice was ok. He eventually walked up to him as they were all dismissed to go have lunch.

"Ice!" Mav jogged up to him and wrapped an arm around his waist in a sort of half hug, half attempt to get a hand under his shirt to feel for a fever, "have lunch with me?" 

Ice felt maverick's cold fingers touch his waist and flinched, "Shit, mav.." he moved his fingers from under his shirt and sighed, "This isn't the time or place for that.." 

"Sorry," Mav smirked, playing it off like he was flirting, but was secretly glad he didn't feel a fever, "How's Slider? Miss him yet?" 

Ice glanced at him, eyes searching for something before answering, "He's feeling better.. Probably will be back tomorrow." 

Maverick tried not to get lost in Ice's cold stare, "good, maybe he can thaw you a little," Mav rubbed his back.

Ice raised a brow, "Was I too curt with Robert?" He actually looked a little guilty as he searched for his temporary RIO.

"nah," Mav had to remember who Robert was, not really bothering to remember his name, "He's fine.. What about you?" 

"I should have been nicer.." He pinched the bridge of his nose before looking up at the sky, "shit.." 

"ok, what's going on," Maverick stopped them from walking and turned Ice around to face him, "you've been tense all morning, and now you're worried about some random guy's feelings?" He looked Ice up and down as if he's lookign for some sign of injury, "and i'm pretty sure there is a wrinkle in your pants." 

"what-?" 

"I'm kidding," Maverick tilted Ice's head back up with a hand under his chin, "you're even more immaculate than normal, what's going on? Are you sick?" 

Ice took a breathe and looked up again before looking back at Maverick, "i'm not sick.. I just got some.. I got a letter from my father. Hasn't put me in the best mood."

Mav had never heard Ice talk about his father, so that took him back, "Did something bad happen at home-" 

"no, no," Ice took Maverick's hand and squeezed slightly, "nothing like that.. I really don't want to talk about this right now.. " He sniffed and looked back at the sky, something Maverick learned was him trying to keep emotions back and keep his cool. 

"Tonight," Mav rubbed his arm, "we are talking about this tonight.. I'll grab takeout and come to your place. But we are talking about this.." 

Ice nodded slightly before clearing his throat and looked around, not wanting to meet Mav's gaze.

"Do you want me to break Slider out of hospital jail?" 

Usually Ice would tell Maverick to behave.. but he really really wanted his SIO, "He's sick..." 

"You said he was better... Besides, i'm sure your bedside manner is better than Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde in the infirmary." 

Ice huffed a small laugh before looking down at his shoes, "yeah.. I want him.." 

Mav could see the tears threatening to fall and instantly grabbed Ice to hug him, "ok.. i've got you.." 

Ice gripped the back of Mav's jacket as he tried to control himself, letting himself bury his face in Mav's shoulder. 

"It's going to be ok. I'll get slider the second we are done here.. ok?" 

Ice nodded softly before getting out of the hug and doing his whole skyward reset thing.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ice went home as soon as he could and immediately hopped into the shower, letting himself cry. He was hoping to get all of his emotion out in the shower before Maverick and Slider get there, but he was in the middle of a breakdown when he heard someone coughing in his living room. He just slid down the wall of the shower and brought his knees up to his chest, face in his knees. 

Slider heard the shower going and frowned, "he's probably been in that shower since he got home.." he started to take off his shoes and jacket, fulling intending to run into that bathroom and sit with him under the water.

"no," Mav pushed him down onto the couch, "Ice would kill us both if you got worse by going in fulling clothed into what is probably an ice cold shower.." 

"you do know he isn't actually a frost giant, right?" slider coughed into his fist as he raised a brow at Mav.

"I know, still funny though," he threw a blanket at Slider before going to the bathroom and entering without knocking, "shit.. ice.." 

Ice heard the door open and flinched, moving his face out of view and wiping the tears from his eyes, "get out.." 

"no way," Mav put his phone on the sink before walking into the shower, fully clothed and knelt infront of Ice, "look at me.." 

Ice shook his head, "i'll be fine in a minute... i just need.." 

"alone time?" Mav watched him nod, "ok, well we can be alone together, because i'm not moving from this spot until you do." 

Ice looked him up and down, "your clothes," he sniffed and rubbed his face, "Slider tell you to do this?" 

Mav laughed, "Had to stop him from doing this.. hoped I could be a good substitute-" 

"you're enough," Ice grabbed his arm tightly, looking intensely into his eyes, "you are more than enough.." 

Mav looked a bit shocked and moved closer to him, gently pushing Ice's hair out of his face, "is that what's bothering you? not feeling like you're enough?" 

Instead of answering, he just started crying again, jaw tensing as he tried to hold back. 

"Ice.." Mav pulled him close and held him under the surprisingly hot water as he sobbed into his chest, "you really are the best of us... I'm sorry we don't tell you you're enough as much as we should.." He put his hand to the back of Ice's head, keeping him close and telling him he had no intention of letting go, "God.. you do so much.. Everyone wants to be like you.. I only wanted to beat you because.. i know i could never be as perfect as you.. so if i had something above you.. i felt like maybe I wasn't a total failure.. you're perfect, Ice.. literally perfect. I guess that's whats stressing you out.." 

-----------------------------------------------------------

It only took another 15 minutes for Ice to calm down and start worrying about Maverick's clothes. Mav had turned off the water and wrapped Ice in a towel, promising to throw his clothes in the dryer. Ice gave him clothes to throw on so he wouldn't be cold; which he was adamant would get him sick. Mav had rolled his eyes, not having expected Ice to be so superstitious, "yes mom.." 

ice's voice was now a little stuffy from crying, eyes red and swollen, "thanks.." he looked up to the ceiling, sniffling, "fuck.." 

Mav opened the door from the bedroom and gestured for Ice to pass him to go out, "anytime, ice.. now i think we've neglected Slider for long enough." 

Ice nodded and walked over to the couch, sighing with a soft smile on his face as he saw his RIO asleep on the couch, snoring slightly with congestion, "don't wake hib." 

Mav tried not to laugh, "this wasn't the plan..." 

"Yes it was," Ice walked over to the couch and grabbed a blanket, gently laying it over his best friend, "I don't need to talk, Mav.. He knows that.. I needed company.. thank you." 

Slider made a small noise before his hand reached out and grabbed Ice, "hmmhmm..." 

"shh," Ice pushed Slider's hair back and kissed his forehead, "it's ok.. stay asleep.." 

Mav watched the interaction and couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness as he remembered the many many times Goose took care of Maverick when he was sick, "i guess i'm not used to this side of you.." 

"you were never meant to see it," Ice sniffed and stood back up, "well.. not before..." he gestured between the two of them. 

"before we had sex? or before i started calling you my boyfriend?" 

"second option," Ice rubbed his forehead, "fucking hate crying.." 

"headache?" Mav went to the kitchen, looking for some advil or some kind of pain reliever. He saw the letter on the counter and decided to ignore it. If ice wanted him to know what set him off, he would tell him. 

As if reading his mind, Ice came over and ripped the letter up before throwing it away, "My father decided to write me about achievements I don't have.. instead of congratulating me on my promotion.. apparently i'm not moving up fast enough for him..." 

"fuck that guy.." 

Ice huffed a laugh and nodded, "yeah... I was never enough for him.." 

"but?" Mav looked hopeful.

"I don't need him.." he looked over at the couch where his RIO was back snoring, "I have all I need right here.. on base.." he looked back at the trash, "he's where he belongs.. i'm not writing him back.." 

Mav nodded and stretched a bit, "we have leave coming up.. Wanna spend it with me? you'll get to see the kid." He was talking about little Bradley Bradshaw, Carole and Goose's kid.

"I love that kid," Ice smiled and leaned against the counter, "someone's got to make sure that kid sees sense.." 

'Ugh," Mav gently shoved him, "boring. he's got to live a little!" 

"he's six.." 

"exactly. Prime time for water balloon fights and putting mentos in coke, not learning safety rules.." 

Ice raised a brow, "what are mentos?" 

Mav looked at ice like he lost his head, "what are ment-? oooooh I know what we're doing.." He ignored the slightly scared look on Ice's face and grinned, "Kid's gonna love this."

I'm a bit tipsy so I apologize for any spelling mistakes. Thanks for reading :)❤️ 

Fever

Maverick got bored at bar rather quickly. No amount of flirting would satiate him, and unfortunately even Goose was starting to loose him. 

"alright, where's your head at?" Goose gently nudged him and looked him up and down, "that girl across the bar has been trying to get you over there all night." 

Mav took a glance over at the girl and shrugged, "i just.. not up to it."

"Who's on your mind, then?" 

"no one's-"

"I know you Mav.. probably better than you know yourself," Goose put a hand on his shoulder and squeezed, "who are you looking for?" 

He didn't want to admit it. Not that Goose would ever make fun of him for it, but saying it outload felt like a confession; and he was not going to confess to missing Iceman.. 

"Is it iceman?" 

Mav flinched and looked up into Goose's eyes, "why the hell would I-"

"because you've been staring at him every chance you get since you met the guy.. and besides, he's the only one not here." Goose pointed to Slider, who was playing pool with Hollywood as Wolfman watched Hollywood's 6. 

Maverick sighed and nodded, "I can't shake him.." 

"he's got under your skin.. and by the looks of it, it has nothing to do with competition." 

"will you let me finish a sentence," Mav laughed and shook his head, "geez Goose.. I love that you can read my mind.. but I hadn't figure that out yet.." 

"I noticed, that's why i'm not letting you finish a sentence... well, until that one," Goose smirked, "you were going to take too long and miss your shot.. Ice is probably studying. Go show him a good time and tell me about it tomorrow." Goose gently pushed him, "I got the tab. goooooooo!"

Maverick patted Goose's arm before rushing out of the bar and hopping on his motorcycle. He knew exactly where Ice's place was. He didn't stalk him or anything, but Slider had thrown a party at Ice's place, wanting to meet everyone at Top Gun after their first day. He parked his bike in the front and jogged up the steps, only hesitating by the door; not sure whether or not he should knock. 

Thankfully, he didn't have to do anything, as when he was just thinking of leaving, the door opened, "Maverick?"

Mav jumped slightly and turned to see a very pale Iceman, "hi.." 

"Why are you pacing on my porch?" Ice leaned against the doorframe in only sweatpants.

"I came here to see if you wanted to.. hang out." 

"hang.. out?" Ice raised a brow, Staring him down.

"yeah.. you weren't at the bar.. so i figured... maybe we could do something.." 

"are you asking me on a date, Maverick," Ice chuckled slightly before coughing into his arm and moving his wrist across his forehead, "not the best time.." 

Mav looked him up and down and realized he was also sweating, "Did you hear me or.." 

"I was going to go for a walk.." Ice stood back up fully, "Getting a little stuffy in here.." 

Fear and anxiety forgotten, he moved closer to Ice and put a hand on his forehead, "shit.. you're burning up, Kazansky." 

"no shit," Ice moved his hand away as he turned away to cough, "Think I always look this hot?" 

"shut up," Mav pulled Iceman back inside, "you need to be in bed.." 

"it's too hot," Ice sniffed and allowed Mav to sit him down, "hence the fresh air you so rudely interrupted.." 

"Slider left you like this?" 

The concern in Maverick's eyes actually caught Ice off guard, "he doesn't know.. I told him I wanted to study.."

"Fuck what you told him... you're as white as a ghost.." 

"aren't you a charmer, Mitchell," he chuckled slightly and moved away from the fabric which only itched with his sweat.

"ok.. you need Ice..." 

"I am ice.." he got up and tried to move away when he got really dizzy and fell to the floor, deciding to lay there, "oh.. this is cold.." 

"Jesus, Kazansky," Mav went to the bathroom and found a thermometer before going back to him, "open your mouth." 

"buy me dinner first..." Ice closed his eyes and turned away from him.

"and you were going to go for a walk," He sighed with relief that he got there in time, "come on.. I need to take your temperature." 

"why...?" 

"don't make me call Slider," he had a feeling if he did the man would burst in here, furious he didn't realize Ice was this sick.

"you hate Slider," he groaned and turned back on his back, letting Maverick put the thermometer in his mouth. 

"I don't hate him," Mav went and got some ice, putting it into a dishcloth before coming over and placing it on Ice's forehead, "figured you might want your best friend here, taking care of you?" 

Ice groaned, "I love Slider, more than I love myself-" 

"and that's saying something." 

Ice gently smacked Maverick, " but he worries.. if he found out I have a fever.." he grimaced, "he can't cook to save his life.." 

"what if i brought you soup from the restaurant near? you wouldn't have to deal with either of our shitty cooking skills." 

"Goose cooks, then?" Ice coughed away from him and slowly sat up, realizing he should shut up so the thermometer could get a better read.

"he's a great cook, probably would not have survived without him." Mav took the opportunity to look at Ice's toned back muscles, "guessing Slider is the same way?" 

Ice just nodded and moved the Ice pack to go to his neck.

Maverick saw some red patches that looked like rashes, "is this from your fever?" He was so bewildered that he forgot that Ice can't see his own back. 

Ice took the thermometer out, "the rashes? yeah.. heat rash. It's nothing.. just makes clothes.. uncomfortable." 

Maverick gently touched a patch, ignoring Ice's wince, "your so much hotter here.." 

"I know," Ice slowly stood up, "102.. Not great." 

"That's really not great," Maverick moved to help steady him, "if i promise to bring more ice, will you go lay down in bed?" 

They both froze when they heard a car pull in, "Slider.." 

Mav saw the defeat in Ice's eyes, "I could go tell him we're having crazy kitchen sex and to stay elsewhere?" 

Ice's look could kill, "like he'd believe that.." 

Keys were in the lock and suddenly Slider was in the doorway, "maverick? why the fuck-Tom?" He literally dropped what he was holding and made his way over, putting a hand on Ice's forehead and moving around him to see the rashes, "shit.. why didn't you say something?!" 

"I'm ok.." 

"and why the fuck does Maverick know about it before me?" Slider glared at Mav hard, with an anger he wasn't used to seeing in him, before turning back to Ice, "shit.. did you try a cold shower?" 

"I have not," Ice shushed Slider and put a hand on his chest, "you're freaking out.. just breathe.. I didn't tell you because I felt ok at the time." 

"and of course we are out of meds.." 

"I'll run to the store-" Maverick started but was stopped when Slider suddenly sighed.

"no... you don't know what to get," Slider kissed Ice's forehead, then turned to Maverick, "start a bath, make sure its cold but not freezing.. i'm talking just below room temperature. We are trying not to shock his system-" 

"i'm not that feverish, Sli.." 

"ignore everything he says, he feels worse than he'll tell you," Slider moved back to Ice and ran a hand along a rash on his chest, "i'll get something for that too... try to eat some crackers? I'll get soup too..." 

"I promise i'll be a good patient," Ice held Slider's hand, "thank you.." 

"You're my favorite patient, now go try to cool down.. hopefully Maverick will bore you to sleep." 

Mav glared at Slider as he ran to get his keys and went out the door, "So he thinks im completely incapable of grabbing cold medicine.."

Ice shook his head and started to stand up, "no, i'm allergic to a lot of stuff. He remembers all of it.." 

Mav was shocked by that confession, having thought Ice was too perfect to have an allergies. He was even shocked to see him sick. He just assumed that his immune system was just as perfect and viruses were too afraid to go near him. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Ice raised a brow before walking to the bathroom, slowly, "What's so surprising about that?" 

He quickly moved to steady him again, "it's not that.. just didn't expect you to be so open to me." 

"it's not the fever, if that's what you're thinking," Ice coughed again and scrunched up his face, "you like a challenge, but you're not dirty about it. I doubt you'd poison me to be the best." 

"i'd never.." 

"Exactly," Ice squeezed his shoulder, "I don't hate you, by the way. Maybe I don't like your style.. but I have no ill will towards you. I'd like to 'hang out' or whatever.. just maybe not when I'm sick?" 

Mav helped him sit on the floor as he ran the bath, "I'd like that.." 

Ice made a happy sound and leaned his head against the wall, closing his eyes, "don't get to excited.. I'll be good to fly Monday.." 

"huh," Maverick huffed a laugh, "I have no doubt about it, Ice.." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He didn't remember falling asleep, but he was suddenly being shaken away by Maverick. Once his eyes adjusted, he could see that the tub was ready and Mav was looking at him with worry in his eyes.

"What?" Ice rubbed his face and sat up.

"um.. the bath.." Mav rubbed the back of his head and sighed.

"oh.. thanks," he sniffed and slowly stood up and slowly made his way over until Maverick stopped him.

"you're fully clothed.." 

Ice looked down at himself and sighed, "right.." he slowly took off his pants and underwear before going into the bath, no longer worried about Mav seeing his *package*. The moment he was fully submerged in the water, he felt a shiver make its way over his body. On one hand, the cold water made the rashes feel so much better, finally getting relief, but on the other hand, he wanted so badly to turn the heat on. 

"you look conflicted," Mav was sitting next to the tub, looking way too relaxed for Ice's comfort.

"I know Ice is my name.. but I much prefer heat." 

Mav laughed and looked around at the pristine bathroom, "So is that why you drink Ice water at the bar? Because you're allergic to everything?" 

Ice raised both brows, taken aback at the sudden change in topic, "that wasn't water." 

"then what is it? straight vodka?" 

"uhuh," Ice nodded and leaned back into the water, fever now determining that this cold water feels amazing.

"you're kidding," Mav looked at him skeptically, "psycho." 

The smallest hint of a smile graced Ice's lips, "Slider thought I did it for show.. prove i'm as Ice cold as my name.. but really.. I just like it." 

"again.. psycho." 

He did laugh this time, "guess it's an acquired taste."

"You both Alive in there?" came Slider's voice from outside the bathroom, "i'm coming in.." 

"You didn't give us a chance to tell you if we were still alive," Mav retorted before moving his legs so Slider could get to Ice.

Completely ignoring Maverick, Slider knelt down and felt his forehead again, "I would have been here sooner, but some walnut was driving slower than a grandpa on his way to a funeral." 

Mav looked really taken aback by that little anecdote but said nothing.

"you're right on time.." Ice sniffed and rubbed his nose, "can i get out?" 

"yeah," Slider grabbed a towel and kicked Mav to get up and move, "But you're immediately heading to bed with medicine, soup, and hopefully cream that won't irritate you." 

"I'm sure it's fine, Sli," he slowly got up and let Slider wrap a towel around him, "how bad is my back?" 

"It's a lot better than when I came home," Sli touched his face, "but your cheeks are rashed too.." 

"Really?" Mav moved and looked over at him, "I thought he was just... feverish." 

"it's a rash," Slider looked irritated but dropped it, "come on, dry off and i'll grab your clothes." He went out of the bathroom in search for sweats. 

"wow.. should have named him mother hen." 

"joke all you want," Ice sighed and started to dry off, "i'm grateful. How many RIO's do you think would learn how to use an Epi-pen because he was scared i'd get sick. I don't use an epi-pen.. He checks and rechecks all labels just to make sure he doesn't eat something that I cant eat.. just in case his breathing the same air as me would make me sick.. He drove to me during our first shore leave because I had to go to the hospital... He had only known me for a week. While sometimes i'm overwhelmed.. I wouldn't trade it for anything." 

"sounds like Goose," Mav rubbed his arm, "he'd do the same for me in a heartbeat.. not that he needs to." 

"with your recklessness, he's got his hands full." 

"who's got their hands full?" Slider gave him pants, "you get a shirt after we try the cream..." 

"you, apparently," Mav looked at him with a new found respect, "i've got the cream.. go make the soup." 

Slider looked at Ice for confirmation, "ok... Yell for me if anything happens..." 

"You'll be the first to know, scouts honor," Mav did a little motion that brought a lot of doubt to Slider's mind.

"I will call for you," Ice rolled his eyes, "but i'm sure it's fine." 

Slider just nodded and went to heat up the soup. 

"Come on, sicky," Mav lead Ice to the bedroom and had him sit down on the bed, "ok... lets not put this on your face until we know.." 

"it'll be a quick reaction," Ice took the cream and read the ingredients before opening the top and taking some out, putting it on his chest.

"and you say i'm risky.." 

"you watched me read the ingredients," Ice rolled his eyes and sighed as the cooling effect started to kick in. 

"results, doctor?" Maverick teased.

"feels good..." 

Mav took some in his hand and started to use it on his back, rubbing it into his skin until he was satisfied. His fingers worked as carefully as he could, not wanting Ice to be in any pain because of him. He was starting to get a little lost in the feeling of Ice's skin. The muscles in his back were so well defined that even in the slightest of touches, he could feel just how strong he was. He had to stop himself from caressing his muscles and running his fingers down his back unnecessarily. He felt his mouth go dry, and wanted to chalk it up to the alcohol he had earlier, but he knew Ice was slowly weaving his way into his heart... starting with his cock. he quickly cleared his throat and shook his head, trying to stop himself from getting any ideas, "think you're done..." 

"thank you," Ice turned his head slightly so he could have Maverick in his peripherals.

"yeah.. you still want some on your cheeks?" 

"no," Ice sniffed and looked up at the ceiling, "it'll just annoy me later.." 

mav was panicked for a moment, "are you having a reaction?" 

"no," he sniffed and cleared his throat, "just.." he touched his cheeks and winced, "want to leave it alone.." 

"because it hurts?" Mav moved to be in front of Ice again and tilted his chin up to look at it, "what about your normal stuff? like moisturizer..." 

"it's in the cabinet above the sink.." 

"ok" Mav went to grab it and came back, instinctively sitting on Ice's lap to get better access to his face. He stopped to assess what he just did, used to doing the same thing with Goose.. but this was.. different. He felt butterflies in his stomach and a sudden blush come to his face as ice grabbed his sides, holding him there. He slowly got the courage to take some of the face moisturizer and gently place it on his cheeks. Just like his back, he was starting to get lost in the sensation and but his hands on the sides of his face, gently using his thumbs to rub it in. At some point he stopped looking at the rash and stared straight into Ice's beautiful eyes. There was something in them that he wasn't used to seeing that made it hard to look away. Vulnerability? anxiety? lust? Before he knew it, he was leaning in and kissing Kazansky. 

He was expecting Ice's lips to be warm, fever, and the taste of honey from what he assumed was his way of dealing with a sore throat, but there was this undertone of spice? like the kick you get when you dont' realize the salsa you're eating has jalapeños and it hits you afterwards. It's subtle, but it's strong. It's a pleasant surprise and has Maverick wanting more, deepening the kiss. The moan that came out of his mouth when Ice moved his hands up his shirt, is something he will never admit to, but wow did it feel amazing. He wished to feel this way forever, the taste of his mouth tattoo'd on his tongue. 

"What the actual fuck," Slider was standing in the doorway with a bowl of soup and a scowl on his face that rivaled most of the SO's Maverick had in the past, "i'm not taking care of Maverick if he gets sick too.." 

Ice and Maverick just laughed, the awkward tension leaving as Slider smiled and joined them on the bed. Maverick held Ice as he ate the soup and Slider kept checking his temperature through his ear with a new thermometer he got at the store. When Ice was done, Slider took the bowl and helped Ice to bed, only to sigh as Maverick crawled into bed with him. With one last eye roll, Slider left the men to cuddle, hoping the extra body heat would break Ice's fever faster. Whatever did happen, Slider was just happen that the thick Icy walls Kazansky had put up were slowly being broken.. even if it was being broken by their rival.. but that wasn't important now. Ice was happy and taken care of, and that's all that mattered to him.

Edited by RemedyBane

I JUST REALIZED I'VE BEEN TYPING SIO INSTEAD OF RIO AND I AM SO SORRY. in hindsight that's actually kind of funny.. like i confused Significant other and Radio intercept officer hahahahahhahahah

Also, i'm using this prompt thing i found all the way back in "sicktember" so i don't know the source.. that's why the titles are more specific and less.. titely...

2. Persistant cough and sniffles: 

Maverick was about to loose his damn mind. Was really pissed him off is that no one else seemed to mind, at least not visibly. He tried to ask Goose if he could hear it, but Goose said he hadn't noticed at all. He had no idea how no one else noticed but him.. well not everyone. When he looked over, he could see Slider gently rubbing Ice's back as he silently ducked his head towards his SIO in what appeared to be a silent sneezing fit. This actually softened Maverick's mood; guy is clearly sick. He took a breathe and leaned back in his chair, trying to get ride of this antsy feeling in his bones. It was like his whole body was vibrating, wanting to get out there and do.. literally anything but listen to Charlie talk about.. he really had no idea what she was talking about anymore. 

"Clearly, none of you are listening anymore," Charlie seemed a bit peeved but gave in, "fine, we can finish this on Monday, go home.." She stomped off and for once, Mav had no intention of following her; something more interesting has come up. 

Slider wrapped an arm around Ice and they both walked away from the locker rooms, which seemed odd as that is where their stuff was. maverick followed and hid around the corner, more inclined to ease drop than make conversation.

Slider sat on a bench with Ice and continued to rub his back as Ice was now coughing into his arm, "Stay here, i'll grab our things.. I'll drop you off at home and go pick up soup, ok?" 

Instead of answering, Ice pulled up the collar of his shirt and sneezed, "hih'Atschiew-atschiew-achiew-achiew...kiew-shchiew." 

"bless," Slider put a hand on his forehead before kissing it, "Still no fever, so that's good." 

"you don't have to do this," he sniffed and cleared his throat, "I know you'd rather watch the game with Hollywood and Wolfman."

"Well, there's a lot of things i'd rather have, like a healthy Pilot, who i can watch the game with, buuut," Slider wrapped his arms back around him and pull him closer, "I would much rather have you with me, all sick and sniffly, than not at all." He kissed his cheek and squeezed him, "Besides, who else is gonna help me beat Viper at Scrabble?" 

Ice practically melted in his embrace, "I was pissing everyone off in class.." 

"Fuck everyone else," Slider sighed, "you can't help it.. and you were really quiet anyway.. don't know how you do that." 

"practice," he coughed lightly and closed his eyes, "I can still help you with scrabble...." he snapped up, startling Slider, and looked directly at the corner.

"What?" Slider looked where he was looking and saw nothing.

"Felt like we were being watched.." Ice relaxed a bit, "we should go.. the lights are giving me a headache.." 

Slider nodded, "stay here, i'll grab our things and come get ya." he gave him one last look over before heading to the locker rooms. 

Maverick internally freaked out, not wanting Ice to catch him spying on him. Especially when he felt his face heat when Slider kissed Ice. He was not jealous.... It was just really hot inside.. for some reason. The second Ice was in the throws of another sneezing fit, he booked it to the locker rooms, grabbing his stuff and following Goose to the bar. This was one scene he would much rather forget he saw. 

-----------------------------------------

Slider pulled into their driveway and looked over at Ice who was clearly fast asleep, mouth slightly open. He cut off the car and went to unlock and open the door before going back for Ice, skillfully taking the pilot in his arms (bridal style) and walking his partner into the house. Ice gently stirred but only to nuzzle further into Slider's chest, coughing slightly with the effort. Slider's heart felt like it might explode with how cute his partner was as he gently placed him on the couch and put a blanket over him. He wrote a quick note for Ice to know he went out to get that soup he promised him and left. 

When Slider returned with the soup, and his own dinner, He was happy to see that Ice was still sound sleep on the couch, having barely moved from where he left him previously. It always felt wrong to leave him alone like this, all sick and helpless. He had to stop himself from staring, as he was getting hot in all the wrong places. Ice knew he had a certain.. interest.. in Ice whenever he wasn't feeling well, whether that be from illness or allergy. Ice never complained, even did a few things for him.. wanting to see Slider all worked up. They hadn't done anything like that since Top Gun, both too focused on being the best, that neither of them thought too much about sex. Hell, everytime the others assumed Ice went to hook up with some girl in the bar, he had just went to go study or work out. 

"hmm.." Ice was starting to wake up, his arm coming up around the back of the couch, as he stretched.

This broke Slider out of his thoughts and he walked over to the couch, "hey, Ice..." 

"hi," Ice yawned and slowly sat up, coughing and sniffling, cold coming back to him with a vengeance. 

Slider passed him the tissues and sat on the edge of the sofa, softly stroking his hair as he watched Ice blow his nose, "poor thing.." Slider fake pouted and kissed the top of his head. 

"i'd say the same thing about you having to listen to all this," he gave him a look as if to say, you know why I won't. 

Slider blushed and looked away, feeling more flustered. 

Ice feeling a bit bad about making him flustered, patted the couch, "Come sit with me? We can watch that game?"

Slider immediately raised a brow and looked back at him, "You want to watch basketball?" 

"I admit, it's not my favorite," Ice coughed into his fist, "But if you're willing to deal with me.. all.. this," he sniffled and scrunched his nose up, 'I think I can handle a basketball game." 

"you're not gross, babe," he gently tapped Ice's nose before going to heat their food up before the game starts, smiling to himself as he heard Ice hitch. 

"bas-hih.." Ice raised his elbow to his face and stifled the fit, trying to ignore the dizzy feeling it left him with, "bastard.." 

"did you suppress them?" Slider actually pouted this time, "you're going to get all congested." 

"yup," he sniffed and rubbed his now itchy nose.

"If you think that's punishment for me, you don't get this at aaaaall," he chuckled before coming back, wanting to look at him while he waits for the food, "you're all cute stuffy." 

"I kdow," he reached up for him and pulled him down to the couch, laughing at Slider's squeak of surprise, "maybe I like seeing you turnded ond?" 

"oh.. Ice.." he couldn't help himself and leaned in to kiss him, straddling his hips as he allowed Ice to deepen it. The moment Ice moved agaisnt him, it was all over. There was no going back. 

--------------------------------------------------

Happy, satiated, and fed, Slider turned on the basketball game just in time. He was leaning back in the couch, hair a mess, feet on the table, and his fast asleep partner's head on his lap. The constant sniffling and coughing, only made the post sex high continue longer. He really was bothered by it all, just not in the way society expected him to be. At some point, Ice subconsciously rubbed his nose in Slider's crotch, and the moan that came from Slider almost woke him up. It was safe to say this was the best basketball game he had ever witness, even though his team lost badly. He didn't care one bit. He had something better; he had Ice.

The Lawn

Ice was slowly taking off layers of clothing, trying to not to let the outside of the clothes touch his skin. The problem was, his usual kid who mowed his lawn for him, wasn't in town anymore, which forced Ice to mow the lawn. Normally, that wouldn't be a big deal, except Ice was really allergic to grass. He had to put on a bunch of layers, even a face mask and goggles, just to try to have the least amount of contact with any grass clippings. So far he was doing pretty ok, not noticing any irritation on his skin, even through watery eyes. His nose was already starting to run and he wanted out of these clothes as soon as possible so he could take a shower and hopefully stop the reaction before it got too bad. 

Of course, this plan would fail when he heard a motorcycle pull into his driveway. He mentally groaned and threw the clothes in the washer before throwing on some sweats; just as Maverick opened the door.

"Tom? You awake?" Maverick knew Ice would be awake, as he was always awake long before Maverick, even on his days off. 

Ice was in the bathroom, blowing his nose and washing his hands as he heard Maverick search for him. With a sigh, he walked out of the bathroom and started slightly when he was suddenly face to face with maverick; who was holding a cup of coffee out to him.

"Morning, sunshine," Maverick kissed him as he handed him the coffee, "Did you just wake up?" 

"Dno," Ice sniffed and drank some of the coffee, relaxing as the coffee soothed his itchy throat, "bowed the lawnd.." 

Maverick frowned and really looked at his partner, "jeez.. you don't sound good, baby." 

"I'b allergic'hih.." he handed Mav the coffee before grabbing the hem of his sweater, lifting it over his face as he turned away to sneeze, "Hetch-etch-etch-etsch-etsch-etschiew." 

When he moved the sweater, Mav could see a little bit of his stomach and frowned as it looked all red and blotchy, "why didn't you call me?" 

"Whadt?" Ice sniffed and rubbed at his itchy eyes.

"I would have mowed your lawn for you," Maverick lifted Ice's shirt to get a better look at the forming rash, "that looks angry.." 

Ice pulled his shirt down, "id's fide.." he coughed off to the side, "I jusd.." 

Maverick watched as Ice's eyes got a far away look, clearly struggling with another sneeze, but ended up losing it, "need some meds?" 

Ice nodded and rubbed his face, "yeah.." 

"Go lay down on the couch, i'll bring you some meds and we can cuddle until you feel better, ok?" 

Ice wanted to protest, but the words caught in his throat and he turned to cough again. 

"i'll take that as a yes," Maverick slapped his butt before pushing him towards the couch, "Did you at least finish the job?" 

Ice nodded as he coughed again and laid down on the couch, groaning softly. 

"You didn't even call Slider? your neighbor? literally anyone?" Maverick was yelling at him as he was looking for meds, a cold cloth for his eyes, and something for his rash, "Because clearly, your BOYFRIEND wasn't on your mind." 

"didn't wadnt do bodher adyone," Ice coughed before cupping his hands infront of his face, "HUtschiew!" 

"Bless!" Maverick came back and sat on the edge, gently stroking his hair, waiting for the fit to eventually come.

"hih.." Ice coughed as the tickle became unbearable, making his whole face itch, "Hutschiew-ughschiew." his eyes stayed closed, clearly still needing to sneeze but it was taking it's sweet time.

"poor baby," Maverick ran his finger down the bridge of Ice's nose, hoping to help coax out the remaining sneezes. 

"Ahtschiew-" Ice folded into himself, leaning away from Maverick, "he'etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-itdsch-itschiew!' 

"aw, baby come back," Maverick pulled him back and rubbed his chest, "I'll forgive that little slip because you don't feel well." He kissed his head and forced Ice to lean against him.

"Meds?" 

"uhuh," Maverick handed him a glass of water and watched him take the meds quickly, "do you want to lay down, or will that bother you?" 

"I wadt to sleep.." Ice gave in and nuzzled into Maverick's leg, nose rubbing against his jeans.

"ok.. scoot down," Maverick moved to lay down with him on the couch, Ice's head on his chest. It didn't take long for Ice's nose to interrupt and Ice tried to get out of maverick's grip, "nope, it's ok.." 

"M'hih'av.." 

"I know," maverick rubbed his back, trying to make him comfortable enough to just let it out, "It's ok.." 

"no-hih" he tried to at least turn his head, sneezes coming whether he wanted them to or no, "ehkch..ehk-ehk-ehk-ehk-ehk-ehk-hih..Ehschiew!" 

Maverick could feel the spray from the last sneeze through his very light shirt but made no comment on it, "bless you, baby." He put a hand on Ice's forehead,trying to give some comfort while also bringing him back to his cuddling position, "It's going to happen a lot.. i'm not worried about it, i just want you to sleep." 

"-is gross," Ice mumbled, clearly embarassed. 

"no it's not," maverick rubbed his back, "you're so cute.. nothing you do is ever gross." 

Ice hitched lightly before stifled a fit of five into maverick's chest, "fuck.." 

The sigh that came from ice after the fit made his heart swell, "just let it out.. you'll feel better." For a second, he thought Ice was going to sneeze again, but noticed it was just a yawn, "meds kicking in yet?" 

"i dunno," Ice coughed again and closed his eyes, "sorry.." 

"nothing to be sorry about, Ice," Maverick continued running his fingers through his hair, hoping to sooth him to sleep. 

Mav took the time that Ice was sleeping to text Slider. When he had come to the house, he had noticed the shoby job Ice did mowing. He figured Ice couldn't see all too well with the amount of pollen affecting him and hopefully had no idea the lawn looked as it did. When Slider opened the text, it only took a second for SLider to reply and send curses. But there was one text that really stood out, and he huffed, 'there was the asshole he knew and.. tolerated.'

Slider: I know this is somehow your fault.. 

The huff sort of woke up Ice, who just coughed and groaned, "whad dibe is id?" 

"I have no idea what you just said, baby," Mav rubbed his back as more coughing came, "I think your rash is looking worse.. how about a shower? I'll come with you?" 

"ndo," Ice sat up and stretched, "i'll go alode.." he sniffed and groaned as his face just felt all congested, "Go led slider id.." 

"how do you know-?" 

Ice waved off his question, "I jusd kdow.." 

Not a moment before Ice closed the bathroom door, there was a knock at the door and Slider was there looking all worried, "is he ok?" 

"He just went to shower," Mav looked annoyed, "mr. know it all heard you coming a mile away."

"I always come when he's sick," Slider handed him a bag of tissues, medicine, and a small bag of M&Ms.

"why the candy?" Mav picked it up and rolled his eyes as it was the pretzel kind.

"He likes it," Slider shrugged and quickly put his things down before heading to the garage and grabbing the lawn mower. 

It took the same amount of time to fix the lawn as it did for Ice to get out of the shower. His face looked a lot more flushed, but not in a rashy way, but of a heat way. His eyes were less puffy and he looked like he could breathe better too. 

"Feeling better?" Mav came over and kissed his lips before handing him a cup of tea, "Slider is outside." 

"Doing whad?" he was less congested, but it still lingered. 

"uhm," Mav looked out the window, glad the sound of the mower was done, "went for a run.." 

"I fucked up the lawd, didn't i?" Ice ran a hand over his face and sighed, "I appreciade id, fixigg by bistake." 

"you sound awful," SLider came in, shirtless and sweating.

He looked so good that even Maverick was attracted to him for a moment, "go put on a shirt.." Maverick tried to look disgusted, but he couldn't stop staring at his abs.

"Dno," Ice coughed into his fist, "dake a shower.." he rubbed irritatedly at his nose, "throw your clothes id dhe wash.." 

"Already on it, Ice," Slider took off all of his clothes and put them in, casually walking naked around the house. He snuck a quick kiss on Ice's cheek, laughing as it sent ice into a small sneezing fit before closing the door for the shower.

"Bastard," Mav threw Ice's towel at him as he left. 

"i'b fide." he sniffed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "I owe you both didder.." He handed Mav his wallet, "Order whadever.." 

"or," Mav watched as Ice went to his bedroom to blow his nose, "Slider and I could cook?" 

Ice let out what sounded like a laugh but ended up with more coughing, "you cadt cook!" 

"we could learn.." 

"dnot donight.." Ice came back out and sniffed, "Pizza add beer?" 

"sure," Mav gave in and went to call for a delivery. 

Slider came out with a towel around his waist and went to Ice, "You should have called me." 

"bav gave be the lecdure already," Ice sniffed and blinked the irritation out of his eyes.

"I know," Slider gripped Ice's chin and made him look at him, "Call ME next time, ok?" He kissed Ice's lips lightly, "Call ME.." 

"your bodh so jealous..." ice sighed and nodded, "You can mow by lawd from dnow on." 

"good," Slider kissed his forehead before going to find some clothes. 

the Boys spent the evening drinking beer, eating Pizza, and watching some older movies that Slider and Ice told Maverick he had to watch. Overall it was a nice evening, even if it was sometimes punctuated by Ice's allergies. Neither of them minded. Their boy was getting better and Slider and Maverick were starting to get along. 

This made my day reading this! Just saw the movie this week and was wondering if anything had been written around this! Thanks for sharing!

Never Leave Your Wingman

It was just a routine test. Everything should have gone smoothly, and for the most part, it did. Ice and Slider were perfect, and Maverick was right on their tail, wanting to be just as perfect and by the book. He was on thin ice with the admiral and he needed to keep his nose clean. Maverick hopped out of the plane and watched as Slider half caught Ice as he came off of the plane and thought it was odd. Ice was usually so graceful and steady. Now that he really thought about, Ice looked a bit paler than normal, and he was sweating; even in the air conditioning. 

Once the testing of the gear was done, they were sent home for a short holiday. He was actually excited about this. He had plans on finding a girl and spending the whole weekend in their arms. His plans stalled when he noticed Slider leave Ice alone and hop into a car; which he assumed held a family member, if his greeting was any indication. 

Maverick walked up to Ice and frowned, "since when are you two ever not together?" he meant it light heartedly, mostly teasing, but the look on Ice's face gave him pause, "what happened?" 

Ice rubbed his face before looking at Mav, "what?" 

Mav noticed how Ice was barely paying any attention to him, or anything; eyes all glassy and he seemed to be spaced out, "are you ok?" 

"s'fine.." Ice slurred a bit and made to walk away from Mav when his knees went weak and he fell into Maverick's arms.

"Yeah, clearly fine," Maverick held him up, arm around his waist, "how the fuck did Slider leave you like this?" 

"grief.." Ice coughed into the shoulder away from Maverick, "he's going to a funeral.. his grandfather.." 

"Shit..." 

"yeah," Ice leaned heavily on maverick, "didn't want him.. to worry." 

Mav sighed and rubbed his back, "ok.. you're coming home with me." 

"What?" Ice tried to get out of his grip but was too weak to do anything, "i'll be fine.. in my own bed." He tried to seem as normal as possible, standing up straighter and wiping his sweaty brow, "besides, don't you have some woman to woo?"

"Why go through all that trouble, when you're practically swept off your feet, already?" 

Ice chuckled a bit at the lame joke, "just a little.. dizzy." 

"There's nothing little about almost passing out," Mav walked him to Ice's car, "How you managed to fly like that today, genuinely scares me."

"oh, how the tables have turned.." Ice got the keys out of his pocket and handed them to Mav, missing him by a few inches.

"are you seeing double?" Mav took the keys and helped Ice into the passenger seat, "I can barely handle one of you.. why are there three?" he lazily swiped at the maverick's finally finding solid mass and pressing his palm onto Maverick's chest, "found you.." 

"yeah, Ice, you found me," Mav buckled him in, "i'm gonna take care of you, ok?" 

"no.." Ice shook his head, frowning, "you have better things to do.." 

"no I don't," Mav huffed, "What's more important than taking care of my wingman?" 

"we aren't.. flying.." Ice blinked a bit as they started moving, "slow.. slow down.." 

Maverick looked at the speedometer and frowned at their speed of 15, "i'm not even at the speed limit, yet."

"shit.." Ice closed his eyes tight and tried to control his breathing, "i'm fine.. just drive." 

"are you getting car sick?" Mav thought it was way too early for that to be a problem yet.

"no," Ice swallowed thickly and put his palms in both eyes, "just.. having trouble.." 

Mav looked at his body language as best he could, as he still needed to drive, "are you having a panic attack?" 

"no," Ice looked away from him, "not yet.." 

"you're freaking out because you're not in control? is that what's happening?" Maverick was starting to be scared, not sure what to do about this. Damn, he really wished Slider was here.

"It's fine," Ice sniffed and rubbed his eyes, lighter this time, "it's fine.. Just hurry up..." 

"Is it going to get worse, if i speed?"

"no," Ice leaned forward and put his face in his knees, "it's not.. your driving.." He was having trouble finding the words, "just.. everything is so.. fuzzy?" his breathing was starting to get a little labored, sort of hyperventilating.

"Hey, woah," Mav put a hand on his back, "ok.. just breathe.." he stepped on the gas and hurried home as fast as he could. 

It was kind of scary not hearing Ice scold him for his reckless driving or giving him 'better' directions. He was just eerily silent, except for his fast breathing and occasional coughs. Mav was guessing it was a mix of the fever making his grip on reality funky, and the fact that the man that was practically glued to his hip, wasn't there. Slider was kind of like Ice's anchor. Ice tended to get overwhelmed when he was sick, or crowded by people. He was fine on the ship because he understood the navy, why people were there, what their motives were. But when he's in civilian territory, he was very suspicious and needed Slider to keep him from analyzing every single thing in sight.

Mav would have never guessed this about him, until he had seen it first hand. Slider had left Ice alone in the O bar back when they were in Top Gun to help someone fix their truck. Ice had stayed in the corner, surveying the area, slowly drinking something clear with ice, shades on, focused. He barely acknowledged anyone who came to talk with him that he did not know, unaware or ignoring the pretty woman who tried to pick him up. Maverick thought the guy was just bored and wanted to leave, but when Mav went to ask him if he needed a ride home, he saw just how intense his eyes were. He was standing just to his left and could see behind his glasses. While the rest of his body was relaxed and cool, his eyes were looking for a threat that wasn't there. That was the first time Mav had taken Ice home and let him stay the night. 

Mav pulled into the driveway and parked, "ok, we made it... can you sit up?" When Mav didn't get an answer he started to panic, "Ice?" He turned off the ignition and got out of the car and rant to the passenger side, When he opened the door, he had to sort of catch Ice's unconscious body. Thankfully the seatbelt kept him mostly in the seat, 
Fuck.." 

It took a lot of effort, but Mav got the seatbelt off of him and picked him up over his shoulder. He could feel Ice breathing and thanked God that he was at least still alive. Slider would have killed him.. no.. tortured him if Ice had died because of his driving. Getting his keys out of his pocket, the same pocket that ice's legs were over, was a challenge. He wouldn't admit it, but Ice was getting really heavy really fast. While he was a fantastic pilot, and in fantastic shape, deadlifting wasn't exactly his strong suit. Getting into the house, Maverick made a beeline to his bedroom and as gently as he was able (which was not very), laid Ice on the bed. He made quick work of taking off Ice's shoes and jacket before tucking him under the covers. 

The panic didn't set in until Mav realized that there was this rash forming on his neck and cheeks, "fuck.. he's going into shock.." 

Ice was most definitely not going into shock. Mav thought the sheets or the air was somehow giving him an allergic reaction and in his panic he picked up his phone and called Slider. When he kept getting Slider's voicemail (he had a strong suspicion the guy was ignoring him on purpose), he texted him: It's Ice, pick up the phone! SOS

Mav wasn't surprised when his phone rang within a second of that message being delivered.

"What happened?" Slider sounded exasperated and angry.

"He passed out in my car.. and now he's getting all rashy.. is he going to anaphylactic shock or something?" 

Slider sighed on the other line, "no, he's not going into shock," there was some shuffling on the other side as Slider moved away from others, "Its a heat rash, he gets those when he has a fever."

"So I'm not killing him?" 

"well.. not at the moment," there was a huff on the line before Slider spoke again, "bastard said he was fine.. I'm coming back." 

"no," Mav looked over at the still passed out Ice, "he'll kill me if he knows I called you.. Besides, aren't you at a funeral?"

"A funeral?" Slider sounded confused, "where did you hear that?" 

"Ice said you were leaving for your grandfather's funeral." 

"Fuck," Slider almost growled and there was a slam as a car started, "my grandfather died five years ago, Maverick. He's fucking delusional.. I'm coming back."

"no-"

"fuck you, Maverick. That's my partner in your bed and I don't trust your nursing skills anymore than your half baked plans," he sounded pissed, "I just came here to meet my cousin's new boyfriend. That can wait." 

Maverick perked up slightly, "did your aunt call you to give the shovel talk?" 

"yes," Slider growled and sped out of the driveway, "I can give that talk anytime.. Ice needs me." 

"Ok," Maverick walked back over to Ice and put a hand on his forehead, "he's really burning up, Sli.."

"I knew I should have stayed.." Slider hung up the phone.

------------------------------------------------------------------

When Slider ran into the bedroom, he found Maverick holding Ice in bed, an icepack on Ice's forehead, and both of them fast asleep. Not wanting to wake up Ice, who he hoped had fallen asleep and not still passed out from earlier, he shook Maverick's shoulder.

"hmm?" Maverick opened his eyes and saw Slider, which startled him and he shook Ice ever so slightly.

Ice moaned and opened his eyes to find out what that motion was, "the fuck.. Mav?" 

"Good job, Maverick," Slider chided.

Having no idea Slider was in the room, Ice yelped and sat up, coughing, "why.. how.." He couldn't get a word out between the coughs.

Maverick rubbed his back, "sorry.. I called him when you fainted..." 

"I fainted?" Ice blushed, clearly confused but embarrassed.

"in the car, yeah," Mav put a hand on his forehead and frowned, "you told me Slider was at a funeral..." 

Ice looked up quickly at that and towards Slider, "Who died?!"

"no one died, Tom," Slider sat down on the bed and squeezed Ice's leg, "you were just really feverish and got some things mixed up, baby." 

"I'm so sorry.." Ice looked really angry with himself, like he was about to cry, "you should be at your mother's.." 

"hey, no," Slider crawled closer and held Ice as Maverick held him from the other side, "no no, I should be here, with my pilot." 

"no.."

"stop it," Slider kissed his head, "I'm not going anywhere unless it's with you, ok?" 

"I'll be fine by tomorrow," Ice frowned and leaned into his boys, "then.. you have to go see your family.." 

"how about I take you with me?" Slider started to kiss his forehead, then his cheek, then his neck.

"I'll still be sick-" he coughed into his hand, not wanting to cough on either of them.

"and my mother will fill you with soup and meds," Slider rubbed his side during the coughing, "she's dying to see you... we can even bring Mav." 

Ice leaned his head on Maverick's shoulder, "she does love hosting.." 

"and she loves you," Slider kissed Ice's shoulder, "she got mad that you weren't in the car with me. Thought we had broken up." 

Ice laughed and coughed, "so you told her?" 

"Come on, Ice," Slider squeezed his leg, "She's known since the second she met you. She told me you were too pretty not to fall in love with." 

"Smart lady," Maverick chimed in.

"And what would she say about the three of us?" 

"I think she'll finally believe that you didn't settle on me."

Before Ice could argue, Slider turned his head and kissed him, "shut up and go back to sleep? We can figure this all out tomorrow, when your temperature isn't hotter than the arizona sun?" 

Maverick rolled his eyes and tucked Ice back in before laying down and cuddling him from behind, "Good night." 

On 6/19/2022 at 7:42 PM, Mygyn said:

This made my day reading this! Just saw the movie this week and was wondering if anything had been written around this! Thanks for sharing!

This made my day! Thank you so very much for commenting and reading! this really means a lot to me xoxoxo Let me know if you have any requests!

I may have been re reading your stories for the last 2 days! Seriously love the plot and love the Slider Mav and Ice interactions! Only thing I would love to see would be Mav actually catching something from ice and trying to hide it!

2 hours ago, Mygyn said:

I may have been re reading your stories for the last 2 days! Seriously love the plot and love the Slider Mav and Ice interactions! Only thing I would love to see would be Mav actually catching something from ice and trying to hide it!

I've got you babe! XOXOOX Hope this was ok! 

Hidden Affliction

Mav woke up with a sore throat and a pounding headache. He tried not to groan, figuring he had caught Ice's cold. Trying not to wake up his still unwell partner, he slowly got out of bed and went to the bathroom to take some medicine and have a shower. He realized he was really fucked when he couldn't pick a temperature. He kept feeling hot and cold and no matter how he tried to accommodate, it just wasn't enough. 

-If Ice finds out I'm sick, i'm not gonna hear the end of this- He thought to himself, sighing as he washed his face.

Ice had told him countless times not to get too close. He even begged him not to stay with him because he really didn't want to get Mav sick. Mav knew it wasn't that Ice didn't want him around, it was more that Ice would beat himself up if Mav got sick because of him. Of course, in total Maverick style, he ignored the warnings and kissed ice hard, even slipping his tongue in, just to show how little he cared about getting sick. Which was still true, he couldn't care less about having a cold. He'd get over it and his immune system will be all the better for it. He just didn't want Ice to freak. 

Speaking of Ice, Mav could hear him coughing from the bedroom. What surprised him was how thick it sounded. Ice's cold always ended up in his chest, leaving him with a nasty cough and usually losing his voice. Ice had barely been able to speak yesterday, and with that cough, Mav figured it would be just about gone. 

Wanting to help Ice, Mav quickly finished his shower and threw clothes on before joining Ice in the bedroom, "Hey, you ok?" 

Ice just nodded and slowly got out of bed, pointing to the shower.

"Yeah, i'm done," Mav frowned, figuring it was too painful to speak right now, "I'll go make some breakfast." 

Ice just nodded and let Maverick give him a kiss before disappearing into the bathroom.

Once Maverick was in the kitchen, he turned on the tea kettle and looked around for something to eat that wouldn't scrape Ice's throat. When he was looking through the cabinets for some soup, he felt an itch in his nose. Dread went through him, as he knew his sneezes were pretty loud. He had tried to suppress them once but it had hurt so much he vowed never to do it again unless absolutely necessary... which unfortunately, was not this situation. 

"hih..HAGH!" The sneeze scraped his throat and he sighed, knowing there was no way Ice didn't hear that. 

His suspicions were confirmed when Ice came into the kitchen, hair still slightly damp, giving him a concerned look.

"What's the look for?" Mav turned to look at him, raising a brow, "I'm not allowed to sneeze anymore?" 

Ice gave him another look that said, 'you know why'. 

"I'm not sick," Mav poured the tea and handed Ice the mug, "Do you think you can handle eggs?" 

Ice nodded slowly, still giving him the look, but relented and sat down. 

They worked and drank in silence for a bit, Mav trying not to burn the scrambled eggs, and Ice trying to not fall back asleep on the counter. Ice was still really pale and clammy, fever having just been broken last night.

Ice broke the silence by sneezing delicately into his arm, "Ehnk-enk-enk-enksch-isch-itsch-iksch.."

"how do you do that?" the coughing that followed startled Mav out of his stupor, and he moved to steady Ice and rub his back. 

"dó.. w-at?" his voice was so broken that the words barely came out. 

"suppress them." Mav thought for a second as he kept rubbing Ice's back, mostly to try to sooth the pain Ice was clearly in, "i guess your sneezes aren't exactly loud.. or forceful to begin with.." 

ice just leaned into Mav and closed his eyes, coughing slightly with his mouth closed, "w-arm."  

Mav's heart broke hearing as his voice kept cracking, "are you cold?" He put a hand on Ice's forehead, then realized his own oncoming fever was making it a lot harder to get a read on Ice. 

Ice shook his head and grabbed Mav's wrist, "y-u" 

"stop talking," Mav felt his own throat hurt just listening to him, "that's gotta be killing you..." 

Ice gave him a look.

"I took a hot shower, its just residual," Mav kissed his forehead before going over to get the eggs before they burned, "now don't judge me too harshly.. there's a reason you do all the cooking.." 

Ice gave him a soft smile before taking a bit of the eggs, looking grateful.

Mav took one bite and made a face, "these suck.." 

Ice shook his head, finishing his plate.

Mav hoped he was just trying to make him feel better, and they really did suck, instead of Mav feeling nauseous because of illness. Mav pushed his plate away, "why don't i drive to the bakery down the street and get us a real breakfast?" 

Mav saw Ice about to open his mouth to speak and just raised a brow. Ice relented and pulled out his phone, texting Mav.

Ice: i could just cook?

"You're still too sick," Mav frowned at his phone, "I'll be back as soon as I can, just go lay down on the couch and i'll bring real food." 

Ice just sighed and nodded.

The moment Maverick left the apartment, Ice immediately texted Slider: Mav caught my cold. Can you bring some vegetables for soup?

Slider was quick to respond: He's such a dumbass. On my way.

Maverick drove on his motorcycle, enjoying the cool breeze on his face, and the retained heat from his jacket. The open road made the trip a lot faster than he would have liked. Instead of going straight to it, he decided to drive for a little while, hoping the fresh air will clear his head and rid him of illness. Wishful thinking but it did make him feel better. He got the breakfast quickly, having a feeling if he was any later, Ice would worry he got into an accident. 

When he opened up the door to the house, he was surprised to see Slider, sitting on the counter, not to subtly staring at Ice's ass. 

"hey, eyes off my boyfriend's ass," Maverick threw his keys at Slider who just caught them and put them back on the counter without looking.

"I'll take my eyes off when his ass is not longer fine," Slider wiggled his eyebrows at Ice, who just rolled his eyes.

"What the fuck are you doing up?" Mav walked over to Ice who was chopping vegetables.

"you're sick, so Ice is making soup, isn't it obvious?" Slider deadpanned, before standing up and wrapping his arms around Ice's middle.

"I gathered that.. but you need to be in bed," Mav frowned and put a hand on Ice's shoulder, "and im not sick." 

Slider was suddenly holding Mav against the counter, unable to move, as Ice put a thermometer in Mav's ear. Once it beeped, Ice showed slider who said, "101.4, that's a fever."

"what the fuck, Slider," Mav pushed him off now that he could actually get his hands free, "i'm fine-" 

"ma'hv" Ice choked a bit as he tried to speak, earning him a stern look from Slider, but continued anyway, "go la- down."

"Ice, stop talking," Mav frowned, "i'm ok, seriously.." 

"Mav, do as he says," Slider crossed his arms and frowned, "you know he'll just keep talking until you do it."

Ice nodded before going back to chopping up the vegetables, "thirty.. min... minutes." His voice was barely above a whisper, making him cough off to the side as he tried to speak. 

Mav relented and put down the food before going to the couch, "you're both ridiculous." 

Ice was going to speak but just started coughing again. Slider turned him towards his chest and held him until the spasm stopped. 

"both of you are ridiculous," Slider kissed the top of Ice's head, "seriously, both of you need to go lay down.. I can finish the soup without burning this place down." 

Ice was going to argue but couldn't get a sound out, only a croak.

"Jesus, Ice," Slider patted his back as he coughed again, "Stop talking and go take a nap with Mav, I got this." 

Ice was starting to wheeze, forcing him to relent and let Slider bring him to the couch with Mav. 

"Fuck it, i'm nursing you both to health, so i swear to fucking God, Maverick, you better not piss me off." 

Mav just held Ice to his chest and rubbed his chest, hoping to help loosen the gunk in his lungs, "ok..."

"Good," Slider groaned, "now go to sleep while i figure this shit out.."

Ice texted Slider: Recipe is on the counter... figured you'd stop me

"Stop texting me and sleep!" Slider tried to hide the smile by turning around, and fondly looked over the handwritten recipe Ice had clearly written out for him, "I love you, you idiot." he accidentally said it out loud. 

I love you too, Sli.

On 6/22/2022 at 12:14 AM, Mygyn said:

10/10!! 

i'm so glad you liked it!! XOXOXOXO

Cologne

Ice was at the stove, working on dinner as Maverick was hungrily looking on, wondering just how much longer until he could eat. The second Ice had started cutting vegetables, Mav had realized how hungry he was. Since Slider and himself were completely useless in the kitchen, unless it was to make coffee, Ice always made their meals and enjoyed it. Mav's salivating paused when he heard keys in the lock.

"Slider, just in time," Mav barely glanced at him before going back to watching Ice cook, "or I think so.. he won't tell me how much longer.." 

"You'll get food when i'm done," Ice glanced back at Mav, giving him a look.

Mav made a face before realizing there was a strange smell in the air, "are you wearing cologne?" 

Slider sighed and took off his suit jacket and threw it on the couch, "yeah... went on a date." 

Ice stopped cooking and paused, not really sure he heard what he did.

"Relax," Slider walked closer and leaned on the counter, "just keeping up appearances. I don't exactly want the Navy to know I prefer dicks." 

"plural," Mav winked before making a face, "that cologne stinks." 

"shut up," Slider groaned and moved towards Ice.

"no- no," Ice grabbed the knife that was left aside after cutting vegetables, "don't you dare."  

"woah," Slider put his hands up, "I can't hug my favorite?" 

"Not with that cologne," Ice scrunched up his nose, "I would like to be able to breathe, today." 

Slider saw Ice's nose twitch and he grabbed the knife and putting it in the sink before Ice could sneeze and stab himself with it. Thankfully, neither of those things happened, but Ice did look really irritated. Instead of heeding his warning, he hugged Ice from behind and kissed along his neck.

"Sli-" Ice coughed into Slider's shoulder as the cologne overwhelmed him. Slider put his hand over Ice's nose and mouth as he let his pilot sneeze into him, "Itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-tdsxchiew." 

Slider rubbed Ice's nose and kissed the back of his head before speaking and lowering his hand, "bless you, baby." 

Ice rolled his eyes and sniffed, "you're impossible." 

"you mean insufferable," Slider put the other hand down to cup Ice's crotch and palmed it, "All I wanted to do that entire date was come how and fuck you senseless." 

"after dinner," Ice sniffed again and coughing into his own arm. 

"you're dessert," Ice palmed his crotch again.

"Go play with Maverick while i fi'hih..." Ice got a far away look as the cologne bothered his already sensitive nose, "oh.." He tried to hold it back, but his nose wasn't having it. He pulled his shirt over his face and turned completely away from the food and bent over, "ITDSsch..itsdch-itscsh-itdsh-itdsh-itdsh-itdschii!" 

Slider moved him slightly so he didn't hit his head on a cabinet or burn himself, trying not to look so pleased, "Bless you." 

Ice just hit him in the side for it. Mav pouted and walked over to give Ice a kiss before dragging Slider away so the poor man could breathe... and finish dinner. Mav distracted Slider by making out with him on the couch, and letting the horny bastard run his hands all over his body. 

It didn't take long for Ice to throw a towel at them, "Dinner's done. Do you think you can break away from each other enough to eat?" 

"jealous," Mav smirked before getting up and excitedly grabbing food. The moan the came out of his mouth when he took a bite, "i fucking love you.." 

Ice just rolled his eyes, "you say that during every meal." 

"Because I love you.. and your cooking," Mav was shoveling food in his mouth, making Ice very concerned that he would choke. 

"Slow down," Slider sat down at the table and took some food for himself, "you're making Ice nervous... again." Slider looked back at Ice, who was rubbing his nose, still clearly irritated by the cologne, "speaking of, how's your blood pressure?" 

Ice just glared at him before taking a few steps away from the table, sneezing into his shirt again, "Hetdschii!" 

Slider put his fist to his mouth and bit his finger, hard, trying not to comment on how cute his sneezes were.. and how much it was turning him on. 

"Etdschii..hih..Itschii." 

Slider had figured out that strong scents made Ice's sneezes go up in pitch at the end. Mav didn't care about the kink. He also thought Ice's sneezes were adorable, and considering he was down for anything that made people as horny as he was all the time, Mav would sometimes induce Ice just to get Slider horny. 

"maybe you should take a shower before Ice needs an inhaler," Mav gently kicked him from under the table.

He thought about it for a second before nodding and getting up. He could hear a slight wheeze coming from Ice; which was normal for him after a harsh fit. Anything scented gave him a cough after a time, but nothing serious. 

It was probably the quickest shower of Slider's life. Of course he scrubbed every inch of himself twice, really digging into his skin, but he also didn't want the food to go cold and for Ice to get upset. He came out in just boxers to hear Ice coughing and drinking water.

"You ok?" Slider sat back down and rubbed Ice's knee, "that bad?" 

"Choked," Ice croaked as he coughed into his fist, "choked on the water.. i'm fine." 

"ok.." Slider felt relieved he didn't overdo it. 

Everyone else had finished eating, so Slider quickly ate food before picking Ice up, bridal style, "We will clean up later, I want you now." 

Ice would have protested, but the food was completely devoured, no left overs, "Fine.." He kissed Slider, letting him know he wanted sex too. 

Mav followed them in, not the least bit suprised that Slider took off Ice's clothes in record time, "jesus.. what did that date look like that got you soo riled up?" 

"it's what she didn't," Slider knelt down and kissed Ice's inner thigh, "She wasn't you." 

I literally just discovered these and I have to say they are incredible! I sat down and read all of them and now I’m rereading them as we speak. I loved Top Gun and Top Gun Maverick and love what you’ve done with the characters and now they comfort one another. I enjoy anything Maverick related and especially putting him with Iceman just checks all my boxes for an awesome work. Thanks so much for posting all of these! They’ve definitely made an otherwise crappy day a whole lot better.

1 hour ago, Wolfwings22 said:

I literally just discovered these and I have to say they are incredible! I sat down and read all of them and now I’m rereading them as we speak. I loved Top Gun and Top Gun Maverick and love what you’ve done with the characters and now they comfort one another. I enjoy anything Maverick related and especially putting him with Iceman just checks all my boxes for an awesome work. Thanks so much for posting all of these! They’ve definitely made an otherwise crappy day a whole lot better.

This actually made me cryyyy! thank you so very much for reading and commenting! It really makes my day! XOXOXO let me know if there's anything you want! Enjoy :)

(tiny Top Gun Maverick spoilers.. but also not really? idk.. read at your own risk)

Remission

Maverick was still an instructor at Top Gun. With his success of the uranium mission, they allowed him to stay there until Maverick wanted to retire. It worked out great for him. Admiral Kazansky was in remission again, this time the doctors' saying that it should be completely gone this time. He still had a fear that it would return, but he was happy that the doctors were hopeful. It was still a long recovery, even the slightest bug Ice catches leaves him bedridden and weak. Thankfully, Slider was there to take care of Ice when Mav went to work. He had been getting so much stronger and it made Maverick cry every day; happy tears. Maverick thought about retiring, but Ice had told him that he didn't want to be the reason Maverick was out of the sky. Besides, Ice was certain Maverick would go stir crazy in a week. Mav thought he could handle a bit longer; but Ice was still right. 

He was actually having a good day until Warlock interrupted his lesson and beckoned him to come away from the pilots, "Mav, Slider called." 

Mav's heart stopped, "What happened? Is Ice ok?" 

Warlock put a hand on his arm, trying to calm him down, "he's ok. Slider just wanted you to know he has a fever-" 

"I gotta go-" 

"I know," Warlock nodded and watch Maverick sprint to get his things; ready to take over the class, "Maverick has had a family emergency, i'll be your instructor until he returns." 

Mav was really glad there were no cops on the road today, as he definitely broke a whole bunch of rules as he raced to get home. He barely put his bike stand out when he was sprinting towards the door to the house and rushing in, "slider?!?"

"Shhh," Slider was glaring at him as he walked closer, "he just fell asleep. I told Warlock not to let you freak out-"

"How could I not freak out," Mav whispered yelled at Slider, "he has a fever.. of course i'm coming home." 

They both heard coughing coming from the living room couch.

"shit," Slider punched Mav's shoulder before running with Mav to check on Ice.

"why-" Ice coughed a bit before regaining his composure, "are... you... home?" 

"What, and leave my best guy home alone sick?" Mav dismissed Slider's obvious offense and went to kneel by Ice's head.

Rooster had made them all watch the Marvel movies and of course, Mav loved the dynamic between Bucky and Steve. Bucky was clearly Ice. Mav allowed Slider to be Peggy, but he thought it was a bit of an insult to Peggy Carter. 

"i'm fi-" Ice's voice cracked and he turned to cough again, a slight wheezing sound coming from his lungs as he tried to get his breathing under control.

"stop talking," Slider chided before moving to fix the blankets over Ice's body, "jesus, Ice.. you're freezing." 

"It is in his name," Mav smirked and held Ice's ice cold hand in his warm one, "after I take a shower, how about a nice cup of tea and we all take a nap together?" 

Ice gave him a look, letting him know he agreed. Mav kissed Ice's lips before running off to take, what Ice was sure, was a very fast and chaotic shower.

"I told him he didn't need to come.." Slider saw the look Ice was giving him and sighed, "I know. But if I didn't tell him we'd both get an earful the second he got home." 

Ice nodded and wrapped the blanket around his shoulders tightly, shivering.

"Jesus, Ice," Slider came closer and felt his forehead again, "you're so pale, doll." 

Ice grabbed Slider's hand and kissed it, wanting to give comfort.

"I know you're trying to say you're ok," Slider leaned his head on the arm of the couch, "just... stay with me, ok?" All of them got scared everytime Ice coughed or got a fever. Ice would always recover, but it still gave them anxiety, "you gotta get better.." 

-------------------------------

Mav came back in the room with wet hair, which he knew Ice would scold him for with a look. Something about an old wives tale about getting sick from wet hair. He saw that Slider was kneeling by Ice, head now in Ice's chest, with Ice running his fingers through his hair; clearly crying.

Mav felt his heart sink and came over, "hey.. Ice's gonna be fine, Sli," Mav knelt down and hugged Slider and gave him kisses all along his shoulder, "it's just a fever, it's nothing." 

Slider nodded and looked up at Ice, who was so clearly keeping himself awake to be supportive, "go to sleep.." Slider wiped his eyes, "i'll go make the tea." 

Ice grabbed his hand, wanting him to stay.

"I'll get the tea, you two get comfy.. I call little spoon." Mav blew them both kisses before walking into the kitchen.

Slider slid in behind Ice and let the sick man lean against his chest, "can you breathe better this way?" 

Ice nodded and squeezed his hand, "it's just a cold.."  Ice coughed a bit and brushed the back of his hand across his mouth, "it's ok.. i'm ok." 

"I know," Slider kissed his head and wrapped his arms tightly around him, "I just.. get scared." 

"Me too" Ice sniffed and cleared his throat, "i'm so tired of being so sick...being so.. helpless."

"Helpless?!" Mav came in with a tray of tea, sugar, and honey, "HELPLESS? Ice you better not be talking about yourself or you get no tea at all."

Ice chuckled slightly which turned into a cough, "I can barely.. walk.. or talk.." 

"you are the only thing keeping the two of us afloat," Mav gestured with his chin to Slider as he put the tray down, "so what you're sick. You just kicked the crap out of cancer, you're allowed some TLC." 

When Ice shivered again, Slider started to rub his arms, hoping to cause some warmth, "besides, it's not like either of us mind. After 30 years of you taking care of our sorry asses, we finally get to return the favor." 

Mav started to stir the honey into Ice's tea, "you are also the sexiest patient we've ever had." 

Ice looked about to say something, but turned slightly away from Maverick and brought his wrist to his nose, "itsch-itsch-itsch-ttsch-tsch-tschiew.

Slider rubbed his side and when he was done, began giving him kisses, "bless you," kiss, "bless you," kiss, etc until he blessed and kissed every sneeze. Slider did that every time Ice sneezed, even if it was a crazy long fit, which Ice would stop by kissing him on the mouth. It was Slider's favorite way of being shut up. 

Mav never blessed Ice, believing Slider did well enough for the both of them. He drank a sip from Ice's mug, making sure it wasn't to hot, before handing it to him, "I know you prefer without honey, but it helps your throat." 

--------------------------

After tea, they all fell asleep on the couch pretty quickly, Slider's snoring the only sound in the room. Slider had his hand on Ice's chest, feeling his breathing and heartbeat, while Mav was mostly on top of Ice, head rested on Ice's stomach, moving slightly with each of Ice's breathes. 

Mav was the first to wake up, never been good at naps and only fell asleep for about 30 minutes. He quietly moved the tea tray back to the kitchen and cleaning up. Ice was always such a stickler for cleanliness and the other two got it by proxy. When he came back to the living room, they were both still out and Ice had a little bit of mess under his nose. He took some tissues and gently wiped the mess away before tucking the blankets around his two partners and going for a walk. 

When he got back, head a little clearer, he saw the neither Ice nor Slider were on the couch, "guys?" 

He went to look around the house, but didn't see them, so he checked their backyard. There they were, sitting on the couch on the patio, Slider holding Ice as they looked out onto the water.

"See anything interesting?" Mav joined them on the couch, taking Ice's feet into his lap and massaging them. 

"it has been quiet.." Usually they see a bunch of naval ships and laugh about stories the people on them have done. 

Slider's eyes were mostly on Ice, taking in every inch of him, his hand wandering slightly, only taking quick glances at the ocean from time to time, "thought fresh air might help the healing process." 

Ice did seem in better spirits, but that could have also been the nap, "getting a little more colour in your cheeks," Mav smiled a bit, actually relieved this illness wasn't horrible.

Ice touched his cheeks, feeling slight warmth there, "i have great caretakers." 

Slider just rubbed Ice's chest as he coughed, looking very lost in a daze. 

"what's on your mind this time?" Mav didn't like it when Slider's thoughts weren't present because it was rarely a good place for him to be.

Slider looked up and snapped out of it, no longer focusing on Ice's heartbeat, "I wasn't anywhere.. I was half asleep."

Ice furrowed his brow, "do you want to sleep early tonight?" 

"I think that would be a great idea, you look exhausted, Sli," Mav finally stopped the massage and got up, "you want to shower with Ice?" 

"I don't think I can stand so long," Ice looked a bit embarrassed, "I can bathe alone."

"Where's the fun in that?" Mav scrunched his face up, "some of our best work was in a bath." 

Ice and Slider both blushed and Ice turned his face away to cough into his shoulder.

"besides, the steam will help with your cough," Mav helped Ice up, wrapping an arm around his waist and kissing his cheek, "warm you up too." 

Slider grabbed Ice's hand and squeezed it before going to start the bath. 

Ice sighed when Slider was gone, "he worries so much-" Ice started coughing again and leaned heavily on Mav.

"He loves you," Mav patted his back, "he just wants to do everything he can to make you feel better." 

"to the detriment of his own health" Ice cleared his throat and began the walk.

"Maybe, but you're more than worth it." Mav stopped them from walking and moved to face Ice, holding his face in his hands, "besides, you don't let us work to hard for you." he kissed Ice softly before pulling away, "it took me 30 years for you to let me kiss you when you're sick." 

"waste of breathe."

"exactly," Mav smiled before kissing him again, taking his time to taste every inch of Ice's mouth, only breaking when Ice moved to cough, "can you take some more medicine before bed?" 

Ice nodded and continued walking, "I take it you're staying home tomorrow?" 

Mav nodded, "I'm not going anywhere until you feel better, baby. Warlock can hold the fort while i'm gone." 

"He probably prefers it," Slider came back and took Ice from Mav, "no chaos for a few days." 

"boys.." Ice chastised them, "behave

Mav moved in front of Ice and started taking off Ice's clothes, looking him up and down flirtatiously, "I make no promises, baby."

I loved this recent update! It was so good! Also loved that Ice called Slider and Mac boys and toms them to behave! Seriously love reading your work 

On 6/30/2022 at 6:32 PM, Mygyn said:

I loved this recent update! It was so good! Also loved that Ice called Slider and Mac boys and toms them to behave! Seriously love reading your work 

I love your comments so much! it brings me so much joy to get that notification xoxoxoxoxo thank you so much!

Concussion

It was not Ice's fault; he knew that. There was quite literally nothing he could have done to stop what happened from happening, and thank all the gods he could think of that Slider was entirely unharmed, but he was still shaken up when they were getting checked out by Medbay. The engineers mentioned that there was an error with a part that some manufactory screwed up. The Engine was going to blow and no one had any way of knowing it would. The second the damn engine blew, Ice slammed his head on the console and black out for a few seconds before he was awoken to Slider hitting the eject. He was alert enough to pull his parachute, but everything was fuzzy until he was on the ground. Slider had taken off his pack and sprinted to Ice, not liking how limp Ice looked. He had been so scared that Ice was dead, just like Goose. 

Once he had gotten to Ice, he cradled him in his arms, and held him until some medics took him from Slider. Slider was a wreck. He would barely let anyone check on him, the poor doctor having a hard time reading for concussions as Slider kept looking at Ice and asking the doctor questions about his health. Ice was fine, by the way. He was just dazed and concussed. Once the doctor finally said that Slider was fine, he ran to Ice's bed and put his hands on Ice's face.

"Don't you scare me like that," Slider, surprisingly gentle, touched the bump on Ice's head, "Jesus, Tom.."

"hm," Ice was still out of it, dazely grabbing for Slider's shirt, pulling him onto the bed with him, "tired.." 

"Hey, Don't go to sleep," Slider held Ice and kept patting his cheek to keep him from falling asleep, "gotta stay awake for me." 

The Doctor came in, "actually, he's fine to sleep. We found no brain damage. He's just going to have quite the headache for a few days." 

"Thank god," Slider buried his face in Ice's hair and breathed a sigh of relief, "when can I bring him home?" 

"Just waiting for the report, and he's all set," The Doctor squeezed Slider's foot before leaving them alone. 

------------

In pure Slider fashion, he didn't let Ice walk from the car to the house, so he picked him up bridal style and practically kicked the door open. Of course he used the key to unlock it first.

"don't break the door," Ice slurred slightly, face smooshed into the crock of Slider's neck, wanting to block out as much sun as possible.

"I didn't break anything," Slider walked inside and closed the door with his foot before walking Ice to the couch, "do you want anything before you sleep?" 

Before Ice could answer, there was the sound of a motorcycle entering their driveway at incredible speed and a very worried Maverick bursting through the door, "you crashed?!?" 

"sh!" Slider glared at Mav as Ice moaned and buried his face in a pillow, "we're both fine, bad engine part, Ice has a concussion." Slider whispered, trying to be quick so they could all be quiet. 

"How bad?" Mav whispered and came to the couch, kneeling beside it to get a look at Ice's face, "aw.. baby.." He saw the big bump on his head and the dazed look on his face.

"not bad enough for brain damage, but he's.." Slider practically melted as Ice winced in pain and curled in on himself, "really hurt.." 

"Do you feel sick?" Mav moved to close the blinds, blocking the sun, "do you need to puke?" 

"no.." Ice mumbled and shielded his eyes with his arm, "I want you to shut up." 

"touchy," Mav tried not to smile, even though Ice can't see him.

Slider grabbed Mav's arm and they both went outside to talk, "he's just irritable because his head hurts-" 

"I know, i've had my fair share of concussions," Mav leaned against the door and looked Slider up and down, "So what do we do to help him?" 

Slider sighed and stretched a bit, "He's going to be off balance for a few days, so anything we can do to keep him in bed." 

Mav gave him a look, "don't think he's ready for that." 

"shut up," Slider rolled his eyes, "you know what I mean. He needs to eat.. drink.. definitely need help walking to the bathroom." 

"and you're unhurt?" Mav went back to being serious, "you look tense." 

"just a few bruises, mostly stiff," he shrugged and ran his fingers through his hair, "Now they have to check every plane for the bad parts. Who the fuck cuts corners with an aircraft piece.."

"greedy bastards," Mav walked closer and gave Slider a hug, "Ice is gonna be fine, we got this." 

"He better be," Slider relaxed a bit into the hug, "or I swear.. someone's going to pay." 

"I know," Mav rubbed Slider's back, "I know." 

-------------------------

When they came back inside, Ice was standing at the counter, a plastic glass with some water in it, in his hand, and just staring off into space.

Slider frowned and walked over, "Ice? honey?" He had just gotten to Ice when he saw Ice's eyes roll back into his head and Ice fainted into Slider's arms, "Tom!" 

Mav rushed over and checked Ice's pulse through his wrist, feeling relieved that had just fainted and nothing worse, "we should get him to bed.." 

"yeah," Slider picked up Ice's limp body and held him closer, "just a heads up.. if he ever spaces out like that.. he's gonna pass out." 

"Duly noted," Mav followed him into the bedroom and pulled the covers back so Slider just just put him down. 

Slider took great care in laying him down and slowly getting most of Ice's clothes off, not wanting him to overheat or be uncomfortable. When Ice was left only in his underwear, he placed a kiss on his forehead before tucking Ice in. Mav had gone to get an icepack and gently placed it on the bump. The two of them couldn't pull themselves away from his bedside, only forcing each other to take shifts so they could eat and use the bathroom. Neither one of them was going to leave Ice unattended; even as he slept. If Ice so much as coughed in his sleep, they'd be rushing to his side, worried he'd choke on his own vomit, even if the cough was just a byproduct of of the cold he had last week. 

When both Maverick and Slider were too exhausted to keep watch, they crawled into bed with Ice, Slider behind him, wrapping his arms around his waist, and Maverick by his front, gently placing a hand in Ice's chest so he could feel his breathing and heartbeat. 

------------------

Unsurprisingly, Ice was the first to wake up. He had a killer headache and just wanted to rip open his skull and take whoever was hammering out of his head. His vision was a little blurry, which just made his head hurt worse. He hadn't meant to make a noise but moaned as he closed his eyes againsts the sun which had moved in such a position that it went straight into his eyes. 

Maverick was awoken the second Ice made a sound and hopped out of bed to close the shades and curtains, blocking out as much sun as he could, before whispering, "better?"

"much," Ice whispered back as he looked over his shoulder at the still sleeping Slider, "don't wake him up.." 

"didn't plan to," Mav came back to bed and gave Ice a kiss, "going back to sleep?" 

Ice made a face and frowned, "head's pounding..." 

"might help to sleep this off, after some pain killers," Mav reached for the pill bottle on the side table, "and maybe some breakfast?" 

"you can't cook," Ice took the meds from Mav and took a sip of water before swallowing them, "and I don't trust myself to stand." 

"bakery.. two blocks," Slider mumbled as he slowly woke up, cuddling further into Ice, "Mitchell.." 

"sorry," Mav felt a bit guilty waking him up, "I can grab stuff." 

"sh.." Slider nuzzled into Ice, "Sleep.." 

Ice huffed a small laugh before interlacing their fingers, "go.. before you wake the beast any further." 

Mav nodded and headed to go throw some clothes on before grabbing breakfast. 

The second Mav left, Slider turned Ice around and held him to his chest, "feeling ok?" 

"yeah," Ice rubbed his nose against Slider's chest, "still dizzy." 

"had a feeling," Slider rubbed Ice's back, "itchy?" 

"y'hih.." Ice buried his face further into Slider's chest as he hitched, "Huh'tschiew-tschiew-tchiew-chiew-schiew." 

"bless you," Slider kissed the top of his head as Ice whined, "sounds like that hurt your head.." 

Ice just whined more in response and seemed to be trying to become one with Slider.

"ok," Slider started to massaged the back of Ice's neck, "think you need to stay in bed today and just try to sleep and heal." 

Ice intertwined their legs and closed his own eyes, hoping that he could will the pain away, "feel like i'm sinking.." 

"you're not," Slider kept the massage, "your head is just really messed up right now, but we're gonna help you through it ok?" 

"stay with me?" Ice pleaded, body tensing as another wave of pain shot through his skull, "in bed?"

"I promise i'll stay with you.. I don't know if Maverick will be able to handle that though." 

"'s ok," Ice sniffed and loosened up the tension in his body as the pain subsided slightly, "he'd combust." 

"that would be very loud," Slider kissed the top of his head, smile forming on his face. 

"too loud," Ice was starting to slur again as he was beginning to fall asleep.

"ok, no loud noises," Slider fixed the blankets so that Ice was covered better, "good night, Ice." 

These are amazing as ever! I’ve actually been sick with COVID and this has been one of the things that has gotten me through just rereading all of these oneshots so I didn’t focus on how crappy I was feeling. If I could make a request I would love to have a story where Ice is sick and stifling his sneezes and no matter how many times Maverick asks him to stop he wont because he’s embarrassed so Maverick finally has enough since he doesn’t want Ice to hurt himself and holds his hands down so that he can’t stifle and maybe then Ice and Maverick have a heart to heart and talk about it or something. I would absolutely adore a oneshot like that!

14 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

These are amazing as ever! I’ve actually been sick with COVID and this has been one of the things that has gotten me through just rereading all of these oneshots so I didn’t focus on how crappy I was feeling. If I could make a request I would love to have a story where Ice is sick and stifling his sneezes and no matter how many times Maverick asks him to stop he wont because he’s embarrassed so Maverick finally has enough since he doesn’t want Ice to hurt himself and holds his hands down so that he can’t stifle and maybe then Ice and Maverick have a heart to heart and talk about it or something. I would absolutely adore a oneshot like that!

OH NO ARE YOU OK???? HOW ARE YOU FEELING??? genuinely worried about you. I really really really appreciate you reading and I'm so glad I could make you feel better! That really warms my heart xoxoxo! I am so delighted that you requested this and I hope it lives up to your imagination! Please feel free to send me as many prompts as you can think of. I LIVE for requests! XOXOOXOX I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOOOOON! I hope you don't mind that I added Slider. If you don't like that he's in there, send another reply and i'll make a diff story with just the two of them! XOXOOX

REQUESTS ALWAYS OPEN!

Stifled Secrets

Ice, Mav, and Slider were at an outdoor ceremony for a newly appointed Admiral, formerly Commanding Officer "Viper" Metcalf. They were required to be there since this man had been their CO at Top Gun a while ago, but they would have gone anyway to show support. The three sat in the back, keeping their distance from everyone as Ice had come down with a rather dreadful cold. Poor thing had been sneezing all morning, and continued to silently stifle sneezes as he leaned into Slider's shoulder. Slider was used to this drill, not caring about the possibility of being sneezed on, and would wrap his arm around Ice to keep him steady. They had been doing this routine since they met, and Mav was cool with it, except for the fact that Ice looked so worn out from all the stifling. 

The moment the ceremony ended, Mav took Ice's hand and pulled him to the car, knowing Slider would be right behind Ice, "look, we came, we saw, we clapped. Viper won't mind if we skip the festivities to put you to bed." 

Slider put an arm around Ice's shoulders, silently letting him know that he wasn't going to let Ice escape, "You look ready to faint, Tom." 

"i'm not going to faint," Ice coughed into his fist and blushed, "I look worse than I feel." 

Mav raised a brow as Ice brought his hand up to pinch his nose as he stifled another fit of seven, "yeah, sure.." 

Slider just rubbed his back and kissed the top of his head, "Go sit in the car, we can tell Viper we have to go." He saw the panicked look in Ice's eyes and held him tighter, "I'm not going to mention you're not feeling well. I'll be vague. Viper doesn't ask questions." 

"We'll only be gone a minute, just look busy.. or take a nap," He knew Ice would never let someone catch him sleeping, but it was worth a shot. 

"60 seconds, count it," Slider kissed Ice's warm forehead before opening the car door for him.

Once the door closed, Slider grabbed Mav's arm and they walked back to the party.

"What's with Ice?" Mav pulled Slider aside when they were out of view of the car.

"He's sick, dumbass," Slider rolled his eyes.

"I know that," Mav sighed, "Why does he keep smothering his sneezes like that? It looks exhausting." 

"He doesn't want to make a scene," Slider tried to move along, but Mav pulled him back.

"It's not just in crowds.. he does it when it's just us," Mav looked more worried than frustrated, "what's up with that?" 

Slider's eyes went to the sky and he took a breathe before looking back at Mav, "Whatever his reasons are, we have to respect his wishes."

"You know something," Mav glared at Slider, "does he think i'll make fun of him or something? Is that why he leans on you?" 

"he leans on me because if he leaned on you, you'd topple over, shorty," Slider grinned and put on his shades, "come on, we promise 60 seconds." 

Before Mav could get another word in, Slider was already too far away and grabbing Viper's attention, "Damn it.." 

---------

When they finally got back to the car, Slider frowned as it took them almost two minutes to say goodbye, "I told you we didn't have time.."

"It was two minutes, relax, he won't notice," Mav slid into the driver side and looked at Ice, who was obviously not happy, "I stand corrected.." 

"60 seconds?" ICe raised a brow.

"We got side tracked," Slider glared at Mav from the back seat, perfectly visual from the center mirror. 

"My fault, I talk too much," Mav turned on the car and pulled out of the driveway, "I will make it up to you." 

"it's fine," He had gotten anxious, not liking the situation, "Just dr'hih.. drive." 

Mav watched out of the corner of his eye as Ice went on stifling, pointer and middle finger pressed tightly under his nose. He counted six before he heard '-chew- sorry,'. His brows furrowed in confusion, "did you just apologize for sneezing?" he felt Slider kick the back of his chair and felt another glare at the back of his head.

"sorry-" Ice caught himself and shook his head, "I dunno.." 

"You don't have to suppress them like that-ow! no hitting the driver," Mav felt Slider flick his ear.

"Sli-" Ice was going to chastise but started coughing something fearsome. The deep coughs rattled his chest and bent him over in his seat. HIs hand was clamped tightly to his mouth as he tried to muffle the sound.

"Do I need to pull over?" Mav looked anxiously at his wingman, "are you gonna be sick?" 

He saw Ice shake his head and wave him to keep going before trying to muffle the coughing better in his arm.

Slider grabbed a water bottle and handed it to Ice as he leaned forward to rub his boyfriend's back, "Drink.. slowly." 

Finally the coughs died down and Ice looked like he could barely get his breathe back.

"Shit, that sounded awful," Mav squeezed Ice' thigh and frowned when he felt Ice flinch, "woah.. hey.. you ok?" He let go but left his hand hovering until Ice placed his hand on top of Mav's putting it back down onto his thigh.

The rest of the ride home was eerily silent, like a calm before a storm. Mav knew something was up. Something Slider and Ice weren't telling him and he had a feeling it was bad. Ice had never flinched before at Mav's touch. It was true that this was the first time, as a couple, that Mav had seen Ice sick. The first time was only in passing, Slider having blocked Ice from view as best as possible. Maybe this was just how he was when he wasn't feeling well. Perhaps his fever made him sensitive to touch? He could have shocked him?

"Mav?" Ice was looking at Mav concerned, "honey, you missed the house." 

"OH fuck me," Mav made an illegal u-turn, scaring the life out of both Slider and Ice.

After they were safely in the driveway, Slider piped up, "This is why.. I never let.. you drive, Pete," Slider had a hand on his chest, clearly a lot more thrown that Mav expected.

"and this is why you wear a seatbelt," Mav shot back before getting out of the car and running to help Ice out of the car, ignoring the fact that Ice was doing just fine without assistance.

Slider opened the door to the house and took off his jacket, clearly sweaty from being outside, "fuck it's hot outside." 

Mav made a face and led Ice to the couch, "you stink, go take a shower." 

"Play nice, please," Ice sniffed and rubbed his face before pinching his nose again.

"only 4?" Mav sat on the edge of the couch and ran his fingers through Ice's hair, "short one." 

Ice looked a bit surprised, clearly not used to people commented on it, "um.. yes." 

"maybe if you stopped stifling them you wouldn't have such exhausting fits?" 

"i'm not exhausted," Ice looked away from him, face turning red, clearly embarrassed.

"You probably have an adorable sneeze. That's gotta be why you suppress them so much," Mav ignored his embarrassment and wrapped his arms around his partner, "Everything else about you is adorable, might as well add that to the tally." 

"Why are you so curious about this?" Ice sniffled and rubbed his nose, "it's just a sneeze..." 

"Because you're hiding something and Slider won't tell me," Mav began to kiss Ice's shoulder and up to his neck, "I promise I won't make fun of them."

"You think i'm worried about you making fun of me?" He looked over his shoulder at Mav, "babe, you make fun of me on the daily." 

"I do it out of love," Mav kissed Ice's lips, smiling when Ice pulled away.

"You'll get sick!" ice gently nudged Mav away as he pinched his nose to stifle another five.

"Stop stifling," Mav moved Ice's hand from his face before grabbing his chin and kissing his lips, "you're hurting yourself." 

Ice was too dazed to move away from this kiss and just fell into it. Before Ice knew what was happening, he was on his back, now lying down on the couch with Maverick moving to sit in his lap. 

"Are you trying to make some kind of point?" Ice scrunched up his nose, "Are you trying to get sick?" 

"I'm trying to get you to relax for once," Mav gently moved against Ice's crotch, "come on, relaaax." 

"I'm not feeling up to sex, right now," Ice scrunched up his nose again, feeling a sneeze come.

"Neither am I," Mav ran his hand down Ice's chest, gently massaging his muscles from his shoulders to his biceps, to his abs, "I just want you to stop being so tense. I'm tired looking at you."

"Then do'hih.." Ice shook his head, holding the sneeze back, "Don't loo'hoh..look at.." 

"Ice, just sneeze," Mav chastized.

"G'hih..get.. o'hh'ff," Ice pinched his nose and stifled a sneeze before Mav grabbed his hands and pinned them over his head, "M'hahh'v- hih..HNxt-" Ice expertly stifled almost silently against his own chest, "hih-engxt-uh." 

"There is no way you're satisfied with three," Mav bent closer and kissed Ice's lips before kissing the tip of his nose, "Would you just let them out, please?" 

Ice moved his face into his own shoulder and tried to stifle free-handed with the added irritation of the kiss, "hih-Enxt-schiew!" he coughed as the failed stifle just made his eyes water. He was so irritated and itchy that he finally let them out and sneezed openly, giving up on politeness, "ITschh-itsch-itsch-itsch-itdschiew!" Ice moved to rub his nose against his shoulder, itch stalling for a moment, still hitching. He felt like he would never sneeze, until he felt Mav's lips on his nose again, "hiiih-ETdsch!-Etsch-etschetsch-huh'Etschiew!" 

He blearily opened his eyes and sniffed, sighing as the tickle was gone, and was relieved with how good it felt to just sneeze.

"I knew it was cute." 

Ice opened his eyes fully, having completely forgotten Mav was SITTING ON HIS FUCKING CHEST, "Pede- i'b so sorry.. I-" Pete's lips were back on his and the anxiety Ice was feeling melted away. Finally, Mav pulled away, and Ice looked at him confused, "you're dot.. bad?" 

"Mad?" Mav looked confused and concerned, "Why would I be mad? If anyone should be mad, it should be you. I just induced one hell of a fit." 

Ice was going to voice his confusion when another coughing fit hit him and thankfully Mav let go of his hands at this point so he could at least cover.

Mav got off of Ice and helped him sit up as the coughs became wet, "do you need water?" 

Ice shook his head before the coughing fit died down, "dno..i'b ok." 

"You don't sound ok," Slider came out in just underwear, and walked over to the couch to put a hand on his forehead, "Shit, you're burning up.." 

"i'b ok.." 

"No you're not, honey," Slider slid in behind Ice and held him close to his chest, "I know this isn't for me to say.. but you gotta stop holding everything in.." 

"I kdow," Ice took the tissues that Mav handed him and blew his nose, coughing into the folds as the congestion shifted. He was glad for the relief but it made his nose itch, "ITsch-itsch-itsch-itschew!" 

Slider looked at Mav that said 'what happened while i was in the shower??'

"I'b sorry.." Ice threw the tissues away and leaned back into Slider, "i'm just dot good at being vulderable." 

"it's not your fault," Slider kissed the back of his head, "you know it's not your fault.." 

"what am I missing here?" Mav sat on the table, looking at both Ice and Slider with a confused look on his face.

Ice coughed a bit into his fist before nudging Slider, "I cad't-" He rubbed his throat and closed his eyes. 

Slider held onto Ice like was concerned that if he let go even for a second, Ice would break into piece, "Look Mav.. it's a long story.." 

"We've got all day," Mav took Ice's hand as he noticed Ice looked uncomfortable.

"Ice's dad used to.." Slider looked uncharacteristically angry and had to take a breathe to calm down; which is saying a lot from a guy who was constantly angry. 

Ice moved so that he was chest to chest with Slider and started rubbing Slider's chest, "he used to beat be." 

"For being sick?" Mav looked completely flabbergasted.

"For breathing," Slider said through gritted teeth. 

"He was very buch into the phrase, 'childrend are to be seed dnot heard,'" Ice cleared his throat and sniffed.

"I got it, Ice," Slider calmed down and kissed his head, "your throat hurts," he could see the pain in Ice's eyes, "Why did you think Ice wasn't a big talker? He used to beat him for anything, but if he got sick or even if allergies bothered him, he was quarantined and beat harder for 'making unnecessary noise.'" 

"By unnecessary noise.. you mean sneezing?" 

"or coughing, or sniffling, or breathing.." Slider looked ready to punch a wall, "That's why he's so quiet about everything. He doesn't want to make 'unnecessary noise'.." 

"What the fuck?" Mav was outraged.

"Been trying to kick that habit since I met him," Slider rubbed Ice's back as he muffled coughs into Slider's chest, "took me 5 years for him to let me take care of him. Should have known you'd push it like this." 

"i'm.. i'm really sorry, Ice.. I had no idea-" Mav didn't know what to say and just knelt on the floor by Ice, "Is that why you flinched when I touched your leg in the car?" 

Ice nodded before taking Mav's hand, "I kdow you wod't hurt be.. just reflex." 

"It's a hell of a habit to break, you just gotta be patient," Slider rolled his eyes, "but of course you couldn't leave well enough alone." 

"it's fide," Ice coughed again and slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes, "i'b trying."

"and you are doing great," Slider sat up too and took Ice's hand, kissing his knuckles, "you're resting, you tell me what's wrong... you're way better than you used to be." 

Ice shivered and blushed when Mav wrapped a blanket around his shoulders, "you're dnot bad dnurses." 

"you're not too bad a patient, either," Slider kissed his head, "you need tea and more medicine," before going to the kitchen.

Mav put his chin on Ice's legs and looked up at him with big eyes, "you're dad's a dick." 

Ice actually started laughing, "So i've beed told." Ice got a far away look in his eyes and pinched his nose to sneeze, before he felt Mav move his hand and he sneezed into his shoulder, "Hetsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itschew." 

"Bless you, baby," Mav kissed his knees in reward, "do you wanna rest on the couch or do you wanna shower and go to bed?" 

"couch," Ice rubbed his eyes, "we cad watch that bovie.." he winced at his throat and cleared his throat, "sobething id Indianda?" 

"It's not in Indiana.. his name is Indiana," Mav chuckled and got up to put the movie in: Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark.

"oh," Ice sniffed and coughed, "Why?" 

"I don't know, maybe he was born there. It's just a name," Mav put the movie in and turned to look at Slider, "Hurry up, You especially are gonna love this movie." 

"Why me?" Slider brought Ice his tea and medicine.

"It's an action movie with a hot male lead who punches Nazi's in the face. Seems like your kind of movie," He grins and looked at Ice, "Indiana is also a well renowned Archeologist who's a professor at a top university." 

"ah, something for our Real Genius," Slider kissed Ice's cheek after he took the medicine. 

"Sounds dnice," Ice sipped his tea and cuddled into Slider's chest when he finally sat down.

Mav plopped down, taking Ice's feet in his lap, "I promise, you're going to love it." 

That story was literally everything I ever wanted from that prompt! I loved how Slider and Maverick took care of Ice and coaxed him into not stifling because it would hurt himself. It was pure perfection! Thank you so much for writing it and I have read it (so far) no less than 20 times because it is THAT GOOD! I am feeling a whole lot better and am finally able to go out and do things but COVID was definitely a pain and not something I’d ever want to go through again. Still have a little bit of lingering symptoms but it’s nowhere near as bad as it was so thanks so much for asking how I was feeling 😋 

If you are looking for anymore prompts (but don’t feel like you have to do it at all this one just popped into my head) about Ice being sick and his sneezes being slightly stronger and messier than he’s used to and he’s embarrassed about it (because I literally love when someone is embarrassed about their sneezes) but Slider and Maverick are there to take care of him and reassure him every step of the way. That would be literally amazing! Your stories are always so well written and I never knew how much I needed these drabbles in my life but they literally make my entire week when I seen that you post more installments!

Seriously love reading your works! I may or may not check daily for updates! Thank you so much for writing! 

This is soooooooo good!! I really like your writing style. Thank you so much for writing these! 🥰 looking forward to more.

HOLY GUACAMOLE THREE REPLIES! HIIIIIIII! WELCOME ! THANKS FOR READING !!

10 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

That story was literally everything I ever wanted from that prompt! I loved how Slider and Maverick took care of Ice and coaxed him into not stifling because it would hurt himself. It was pure perfection! Thank you so much for writing it and I have read it (so far) no less than 20 times because it is THAT GOOD! I am feeling a whole lot better and am finally able to go out and do things but COVID was definitely a pain and not something I’d ever want to go through again. Still have a little bit of lingering symptoms but it’s nowhere near as bad as it was so thanks so much for asking how I was feeling 😋 

If you are looking for anymore prompts (but don’t feel like you have to do it at all this one just popped into my head) about Ice being sick and his sneezes being slightly stronger and messier than he’s used to and he’s embarrassed about it (because I literally love when someone is embarrassed about their sneezes) but Slider and Maverick are there to take care of him and reassure him every step of the way. That would be literally amazing! Your stories are always so well written and I never knew how much I needed these drabbles in my life but they literally make my entire week when I seen that you post more installments!

I am so happy you love it!! Your comments bring such joy in my heart that I can barely contain it! You are such a ray of sunshine in my life and I am very grateful to have you as a reader! I am so glad you're feeling much better! Oooooh I wanna give you a hug and kiss you ! UGH! You are always always always welcome to send requests, and if you're ever concerned about a request, you can always private message me to keep it on the down low. I'm totally down to write anything! I Saw that you replied with a request and I almost fell off my bed I was so excited! I'm sorry this took so long but I had only just seen it, perhaps an hour prior! I never expected to get such lovely replies and loyal readers! I'm very very happy that you continue to read my writing. There are times I feel as though my writing is dreadful, but then people like you come along and make my year. xoxoxoxo. You really are the reason I write. xoxoxo. I wrote this while a tad tipsy, so as always, let me know if it doesn't meet the mark or your imagination. Happy to write things a million times till it hits that sweet spot! XOXOXOX

1 hour ago, Mygyn said:

Seriously love reading your works! I may or may not check daily for updates! Thank you so much for writing! 

awwwwww thank you!!!! That makes me so happy! I try to write every day, but somethings life gets in the way of my imagination! Thank you so much for reading my work and please feel free to request as many things as you want and whenever you want! XOXOXOO

55 minutes ago, Zane said:

This is soooooooo good!! I really like your writing style. Thank you so much for writing these! 🥰 looking forward to more.

HELLO! Thank you so much for reading and commenting. This really makes my heart swell with such happiness! XOXOXO

Here is your request, my love : @Wolfwings22

Embarrassment

Ice knew he caught Slider's head cold the minute he woke up cold. Usually he was all warm and content and had to force himself to get up, but today, he just wanted to throw more clothes on and drink the hottest coffee he could consume safely. He couldn't help shiver as he got out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom to get ready. It was their day off, one of very few that they all had together, and he didn't want to ruin it by complaining about being cold... in July. He got dressed and ready before either of his boyfriends woke up and began to make them all breakfast, like he did every morning.

Maverick was the first to wake up and tiredly slumped into the counter chair, "Coffee?" 

Ice sniffed and handed Mav the coffee, "already put in milk and sugar," he kissed his sleepy boyfriend on his head before going back to scrambling the eggs. 

"Thanks," Mav held the cup to his chest like it was the only thing keeping him centered, "i'm so tired.." 

"I know baby," Ice rubbed his nose on his sweater sleeve before turning away and trying to stifle into his arm. He got away with five silent sneezes before he couldn't take it anymore, "-Chiew! hiihh.. Enxt'Chiew!-Chiew!" 

Mav looked up and giggled a bit at the tiny little sneezes that escaped Ice's usual stifled composure, "you're so cute." 

Ice rolled his eyes, long gave up on getting a simple bless you. Instead, he put some eggs on a plate, along with bacon and toast.

Mav greedily began to eat as Ice stared at their open bedroom, wondering if he should wake up Slider. Mav answered for him, "He's still passed out. You should wake him up before he misses food." 

Ice nodded and put the towel on the counter that was over his shoulder, before walking towards their shared quarters. He stopped just shy of the door as he felt another itch, lifting his hands to cover the fit, "hih-itsch'itsch..hiih'itsch-itsch-tsch-itsch-itsch..hihh..ITsschiew!..hihh.ATSchiew!" he was a bit shocked at how forceful the last sneeze was and how productive it was. He blushed and was glad that Maverick was away from him and Slider was still asleep; although, he could hear Mav's sleepy giggles from the kitchen. Ice went into the bathroom and washed his hands before blowing his nose a few times, before washing his hands again.

Right as he was about to turn to leave the bathroom, the door was opened and Slider came to hug him from behind, "morning.." 

"did I wake you up?" Ice reached back and ran his fingers through Slider's hair.

"No? how could you have?" Slider was clearly unaware of the little fit Ice had outside of his room, "bird flew into the window- it's fine, just stupid," Slider felt Ice stiffen, worried for the bird.

"well, now that you're awake," Ice felt another sneeze and tried to rub it away, "There's breakfast.. hih.." he coughed a bit and pressed hard against his nose to try to stop the sneeze. 

Slider took him of his hands and held them at his side, as he kissed along Ice's neck, "you're not suppose to suppress them, remember?" 

"Sli'hiih-" Ice tried to hold the sneezes back, already feeling his nose begin to run, "Hiih-ETDSchiew!" He was surprised with how wet it was and could blurrily see wetness on the mirror above the sink, but for some reason, SLider was still pinning his hands down, "hiih-ATSChiew-ATschiew-TSchiew-TSChiew-TSChiew..huh..ETChiew." He cough as congestion began to form in his sinuses, blushing profusely as he felt Slider take a washcloth and gently wipe away the snot was on his upper lip.

"My goodness, Bless you, Tom," Slider kissed his cheek and encouraged Ice to blow his nose in the cloth he was holding to his nose, "Those sounded harsh. You must be so tired." 

Ice gave in and blew his nose, crazy embarrassed with how many times it took for him to finally feel like he could breathe properly, "ow.." 

"that sounded like it hurt," Slider turned Ice around and kissed Ice's now pink nose, "I don't think i've ever heard you sneeze so forcefully before," Slider pouted and kissed Ice's lips, "I told you it was a hell of a cold." 

"I don't feel too bad," Ice sniffed and blushed, looking anywhere but Slider.

"You're poor little nose," Slider kissed it again before kissing Ice's lips, "do you want me to make some tea?" 

Ice just nodded and buried his face in Slider's chest.

"Ice, there's nothing to be embarrassed about. You've seen me in worse states than this," Slider rubbed his back and buried his face in Ice's soft hair, "It's kind of sexy seeing you so overtaken by those fits." 

Ice just groaned and put his cold hands underneath Slider's shirt.

"Aw, you're freezing," He covered Ice's ears and held him close, yelling to Mav in the kitchen, "ICE'S SICK! TURN ON THE KETTLE!" 

Ice groaned and tried to hide himself in Slider's embrace.

"You know we love taking care of you, right?" Slider forced Ice to look at him, "you're so cute when you're sick and sneezy," Slider kissed his nose again, smiling as Ice scrunched it up, "It's not often we get to see you so comfy." 

"What's comfortable about a head cold?" Ice sniffed and rubbed his nose, "I don't want to sneeze again.." 

"You don't exactly have a choice, honey," Slider ran a finger down Ice's nose before handing him the towel.

"Sli-hih.." Ice took the towel and muffled his face in the folds as he sneezed eight times, followed by a hefty blow. 

"come eat some eggs and take some medicine so this doesn't turn into a sinus infection," Slider kissed his forehead and threw the towel into the hamper, ignoring Ice's protest, "I will carry you." 

Ice sighed and released himself from Slider's grasp as he walked into the kitchen, face all blotchy from the effort of sneezing and blowing. 

"Figured you'd catch his cold at some point," Mav handed Ice the tea with copious amounts of honey. 

Ice took the mug but didn't make eye contact, "I dneed to cleand the birror.."

Slider came out a bit after him, "I already did, and I Will do the laundry while you take a nap after breakfast," he wrapped his arms around Slider again and kissed his shoulder, "you're so cute when you're stuffy." 

"did you just imply you sneezed openly?" Mav feigned shocked, mouth open.

Slider hit him with the kitchen towel that was laying on the counter, "Don't be a dick." 

"I'm not, im actually impressed. Ice is acting like a normal sick person," Mav put his hands on Ice's face, "I'm so proud of you." 

"I will sdeeze on your face," yet Ice turned into his shoulder to cough.

"Sure," Mav kissed Ice's lips and pouted, "fuck you're adorable." 

"I dod't understand you both," Ice sniffed and sipped his tea, sighing with relief as he instantly felt warmer.

"Good thing you don't have to," Mav hugged him from the front, effectively sandwiching Ice between his boys, "all that matters is we aren't going anywhere until you feel better." 

"and then some," Slider nibbled on Ice's ear, "I could think of a few ways to warm you up. 

"huh?" Ice looked up with Slider with congestion induced confusion. 

"Jesus, Ice," Slider couldn't help himself and pulled Ice's pants down as Maverick moved down to his knees.

-------------------------------------

The three of them were situated on the couch, Slider laying across the couch, back rested up against the arm rest with pillows, with a very satisfied and tired Ice against his chest. Mav was busy grabbing sick essentials and bringing them to the couch so they wouldn't have to get up much in their pursuit to make Ice feel better. Some of these things included: extra blankets, copious amounts of tissue boxes, an endless supply of cough drops, and (which confused Slider to no end) a bag of chocolate chips. 

"Did you want to make cookies?" Slider eye the chips with confusion, and held onto Ice tighter, should the feverish man decide to get up to actually make them.

"no," Mav rolled his eyes before taking a seat by Ice's legs and massaging his feet, "Chocolate gives serotonin or something.. so it'll help keep his spirits up and it might help to have one dissolve on his tongue after the gross taste of medicine."

Ice actually stared at the chocolate, a glaze was forming over his eyes as tears formed before he quickly wiped them away.

"What did I do?" Mav stopped with the massage and put a hand on Ice's back, concerned.

Slider kissed Ice's head and let him bury his face in his shirt, "he's feverish, Mav.." 

"it's so... sweet." Ice sniffed and tried to disappear into Slider again, "who the fuck thinks of things like that.." 

"ugh, you?" Mav looked confused, "you do things like that all the time?" 

"No I don't," Ice looked at Mav out of the side of his eye, "I just do the bare minimum to keep you all alive.." 

"hold on?" It was Slider's turn to look confused, "how is making Soup from scratch and holding us in the bath doing the bare minimum?" 

Mav nodded, "I don't even know how to make soup, and i distinctly remember you singing to me some kinda.. i don't know.. kid song? until I fell asleep.." 

"A lullaby?" Slider made a face like they were definitely going to talk about that later. 

"whatever," Mav went back to massaging Ice's feet, "You do literally everything and more to make us feel better when we're sick.. But I grab chocolate, which you got because Slider complained about missing his mom's cookies, and you burst into tears?" 

"You haven't seen your mom in a long time.." 

"and you went through the trouble to call her and get her recipe to make them," Slider kissed his cheek, "you're fucking amazing, and deserve the moon, doll." 

"no I don't.." 

"I would personally go to the moon and write 'property of Ice' on it big enough so NASA could read if they would give me a rocket," Mav started to massage up Ice's leg, "we don't tell you how much we appreciate you enough." 

"... i'm emotionally compromised right now.." 

"we can save it for later," Slider started to massage his back a little, "just let us help you ok?" 

"....ok," Ice closed his eyes and focused on the feeling of his boys' massages. He hadn't realized how tense he was until he fell asleep; snoring into Slider's stomach as he was getting pampered. 

--------------------

Throughout the head cold, Ice slowly relaxed more and let his boys do things for him such as cook (more like order food and heat it up), get him tea and tissues as his cold worsened, and didn't panic when he made a mess of himself. He had realized that Mav was quite literally incapable of being grossed out and Slider was enjoying this far more than he let on. Eventually, he just blew his nose while sitting on the couch, unbothered by the possibility of interrupted the conversation or whatever movie/tv show Slider had put on. Ice even got to a point that he was so sleepy that he allowed himself to just sneeze, losely covering with his shoulder and letting Ice wipe tissues under his nose as he dozed off. He might be embarrassed in the morning, but right now he was too comfy to care and promptly fell asleep on Sli for the night. 

Okay! I freaking love this update! Messy sneezes are my favourite! The way that Ife sneezed on the mirror 10/10!!!