Sneeze Fetish Forum

Top Gun Poll

RemedyBane

Top gun- Maverick better/worse/same as the original?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Top Gun movie?

• Top Gun 1986
    • Top Gun Maverick
    • Both are equally fantastic
    • I dislike both
    • wth is top gun?

I've been seeing a lot of people sat that Top Gun Maverick is better than the original so I made a poll. I just want to know how you guys feel. Is it better? the same? did you hate it?

I'm honestly pretty meh on the original Top Gun. It's got moments of coolness, some of the flight scenes are cool, and Danger Zone is untouchable, but I didn't feel much investment in the characters and the climax wasn't really exciting. 

Top Gun Maverick is honestly an improvement across the board. The flight scenes are honestly worth the price of admission due to how well shot and invigorating they are with even higher stakes, but that's not the only improvement. The writers clearly cared a lot about the characters and loved the original, so he creates more scenes with genuine characters moments along with a sense of maturity to it that comes with a sequel this long after the original, with a sense of wistfulness and/or sadness that lends gravitas. 

Not much else to say other than I was surprised how good it was! 

Top Gun: 6/10

Top Gun Maverick: 8/10

Voted last option, because while I know what Top Gun is, I've never seen either movie. 

5 hours ago, Bondi said:

Voted last option, because while I know what Top Gun is, I've never seen either movie. 

I feel like that is a crime... its worth it, i promise! its on netflix (The first one)!

I greatly enjoyed them both. The original is very much an artefact of its era, and gives me a great sense of nostalgia when I view it today. Maverick is a more competently made movie, but sometimes lacks the audacity and flair that made the original a success. 

So I saw Top Gun Maverick today, having never seen the first one. It was fantastic!! I’m going to watch the og tomorrow and I’ll report back.

if anyone is interested, ive been doing top gun drabbles. as always, taking requests.

I've seen both and I really would like to say that I enjoy the newer one, but the nostalgia I get whenever I rewatch the original Top Gun is too much to bear hahaha