Sneeze Fetish Forum

Questions about handkerchiefs

Trynasneeze

Those who use handkerchiefs, what is it you like about using handkerchiefs?

Do you still have tissues at home or just use handkerchiefs exclusively? 

How many do you need per day when you have a cold?

I used to use them a bit like a decade ago but have recently acquired a few more and I'm wondering if they are the way to go. They seem to be very strong and soft to use, and are convenient to carry in my pocket. I've also been told they prevent that red raw nose you get with a cold. 

Definitely since using them again, I don't really like using toilet paper anymore - paper towel, tissues, or hankies are much better - size wise and also the strength of the material you're blowing into

I pretty much use handkerchiefs only when I’m sick, after inducing, or when my nose is really irritated. I like them better than anything else because they are sturdy, work for multiple uses, and easy to hide.

I don’t use tissues ever unless I take a pack of pocket tissues only when I know I have to blow my nose privately due to illness and there won’t be anything to blow with. At home, I sometimes use paper towels because even though they make my nose red, they are sturdy and handle mess well.

I only need one per day because I wait until my nose is dripping like crazy or after I’ve sneezed to blow my nose, which usually happens after inducing or due to illness.

14 hours ago, bingochamp7 said:

I pretty much use handkerchiefs only when I’m sick, after inducing, or when my nose is really irritated. I like them better than anything else because they are sturdy, work for multiple uses, and easy to hide.

I don’t use tissues ever unless I take a pack of pocket tissues only when I know I have to blow my nose privately due to illness and there won’t be anything to blow with. At home, I sometimes use paper towels because even though they make my nose red, they are sturdy and handle mess well.

I only need one per day because I wait until my nose is dripping like crazy or after I’ve sneezed to blow my nose, which usually happens after inducing or due to illness.

How do you decide whether to bring a hanky Vs a pack of pocket tissues if you're sick?

I use hankies exclusively. I think hankies are much more sophisticated and classy, and very manly. Also it enables you to be chivalrous in case someone requires the use of your hanky. It also helps that hankies are a part of my fetish.

2 hours ago, Trynasneeze said:

How do you decide whether to bring a hanky Vs a pack of pocket tissues if you're sick?

I honestly never seriously considered taking a hanky with me when I’m sick. I guess I’ve always taken pocket tissues when I’m going out because I can always throw tissues in the trash. After reading about others carrying hankies, I’m considering doing it when I have a cold.

2 hours ago, bingochamp7 said:

I honestly never seriously considered taking a hanky with me when I’m sick. I guess I’ve always taken pocket tissues when I’m going out because I can always throw tissues in the trash. After reading about others carrying hankies, I’m considering doing it when I have a cold.

I guess that in my experience of using them, it was mostly just: if you have a cold but need to go out for work/school/errands etc that was when you bring a hanky as you might need something to blow/wipe your nose when you're not near any tissue

If you're at home they're still useful but you always have some toilet paper/ something close by if your nose is dripping

With my large handkerchiefs that I use, I love opening them out, unfolding the soft cotton and I love to bury my nose in them and giving a satisfying blow with blowing a hole in it like I would with a tissue.

I do still have tissues at home, in the car and also in my truck. These are Kleenex Balsam extra large tissues. 

During a cold I can go through anything between 4 and 8 handkerchiefs per day.

I always carry 2 hankies with me.  One to blow my nose and the other, always plain white, for fetish reasons. The second one I use to tuck it into my collar while I'm eating.

Even when I'm at home, I always carry one with me, tucked up my sleeve. There's no better feeling than unfolding a large, freshly cleaned hanky.

• 6 months later...
On 12/24/2022 at 10:57 AM, joyhnney said:

I’m new here and was wondering where do you get hankies from? Do you wash and reuse them or toss them after each use?

They sell them at department stores and clothing stores. You wash and reuse them after use

On 12/23/2022 at 9:57 PM, joyhnney said:

I’m new here and was wondering where do you get hankies from? Do you wash and reuse them or toss them after each use?

Personally - mostly from eBay. That way, there's the additional advantage of being able to search for exactly what you want; if you were into vintage (which can be unused) you'll probably find a greater choice of styles. Also vintage fairs / markets: the Rachel and Julie characters' experiences in 'Embroidered handkerchief distraction - the fiction', about buying handkerchiefs in this way are based on fact

Definitely wash and re-use: if you want it to be, it's a quick win in going for a less throwaway lifestyle. Plenty of people will have opposite views on this, so you just have to make your own mind up!

On 6/16/2022 at 11:22 PM, Hankyrick said:

With my large handkerchiefs that I use, I love opening them out, unfolding the soft cotton and I love to bury my nose in them and giving a satisfying blow with blowing a hole in it like I would with a tissue.

I do still have tissues at home, in the car and also in my truck. These are Kleenex Balsam extra large tissues. 

During a cold I can go through anything between 4 and 8 handkerchiefs per day.

Speaking of large handkerchiefs, I might only need this one today - it's a good size: 48cm x 48cm (19 inches x 19 inches), silk, very, very old, and has a lovely feel to it

No idea who the original owner, 'JH', was - do those tiny embroidered flowers around the monogramme suggest a woman, or was this an 'acceptable' style for Victorian men?

resized.jpg.25ca8feb1c522cc1bb30a4d6c66f5ba4.jpg

8 minutes ago, launderedlace said:

Speaking of large handkerchiefs, I might only need this one today - it's a good size: 48cm x 48cm (19 inches x 19 inches), silk, very, very old, and has a lovely feel to it

No idea who the original owner, 'JH', was - do those tiny embroidered flowers around the monogramme suggest a woman, or was this an 'acceptable' style for Victorian men?

Love that handkerchief 

18 minutes ago, Tucked Hankie said:

Love that handkerchief 

So do I (found it on eBay) - needed a bit of a 'refresh' after, I guess, being neglected for years and years, so feels like a real privilege to use it. I've also been a bit slow off the mark: now realise that it should be written into a certain storyline to be used by 'Julie'!

31 minutes ago, launderedlace said:

So do I (found it on eBay) - needed a bit of a 'refresh' after, I guess, being neglected for years and years, so feels like a real privilege to use it. I've also been a bit slow off the mark: now realise that it should be written into a certain storyline to be used by 'Julie'!

It's a lovely hanky to carrying it tucked up your sleeve for show.

11 minutes ago, Tucked Hankie said:

It's a lovely hanky to carrying it tucked up your sleeve for show.

👍sounds like we have part of a continuing storyline for the Julie character then (just need to find the time to write it!)

2 hours ago, launderedlace said:

That is a very good size handkerchief indeed. The size that I love to use

1 hour ago, Hankyrick said:

That is a very good size handkerchief indeed. The size that I love to use

It's now about half a dozen nose-blows into its day and, as you'd expect, coping admirably! 

10 hours ago, launderedlace said:

That looks so classy