Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sneezing in the pool

starstorm00

For some context I am a cis male mid-20s, bisexual but definitely gay-leaning. Recently I went to this pool party with a bunch of friends, usually I try to stay above water because the pool water irritates my nose really badly, but everyone would have fun jumping into the deep end or whatnot and I said what the hell I’ll do a few backflips. Of course everytime I went under I would either swallow a ton of water or it would go right up into my sinuses. I would have to rub my face constantly to alleviate the itchiness but usually to no avail I would mostly sneeze in twos or threes, I would get a ton of bless you’s (which is good compensation to the irritation i must say) 😜 but I was just wondering if anyone else had these issues when going swimming at the pool or even in the ocean at the beach? I love being outside and doing these things but I have to remember to keep the facts in mind that I will be sneezing all day lol.

This topic is so interesting! I’m a lifeguard and I can confirm that people do tend to sneeze more in the pool and the ocean. It must be something about the chlorine and/or saltwater. 

• 2 weeks later...

i used to be a lifeguard and can confirm people sneeze wayyyy more when they submerge their faces underwater.

If I'm just treading water and go under to swim or just wet my face/hair, I'm usually pretty good with holding my breath so no water gets up my nose. Jumping/diving into a pool is 50/50 (the trick is to blow out your nose so water can't get in your nose, but it doesn't always work well enough), and doing a somersault in either direction guarantees a sneeze or two.

When I do sneeze, I always go underwater so no one knows.

Edited by LapidotLover22

As a lifetime swimmer, i am shocked. Never heard people sneezing more because of the pool/ocean. Maybe its just cuz you're letting the water into your nose? Try blowing gently out of your nose whenever you're under water and your head is tilted back so no water can come up. 

Unless you like it. In which case keep doing you! 

Yes, I was a competitive swimmer and still love the water, pools and especially hot tubs make my nose itch like crazy!!!