Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Name Of Our Fetish

Saimou

So, there has been quite a few threads about the clinical name of sneeze fetish, and many seem to agree on either ”Sternuphilia” or ”Sternutophilia”; but there doesn’t yet seem to be an absolute, unanimous consensus about it. Some have even proposed names, like: ”Ptaerophilia”, which would be all Greek, instead of a Latin-Greek -mix, like ”Sternu(to)philia”. The only problem with that one is the obvious confusion with ”Pterophilia” (an interest in wings), which, contrary to, what count tiszula implied in one of the threads, is not just an American problem, and thus, would not be resolved merely by teaching Americans to write their ”-ae-”:s as ”-ae-”:s; but it’s, in fact, a problem in every spoken form of English, because they are pronounced the same way; and, as far as I’m concerned, spoken language is primary, and written language is secondary, in priority and importance.

So, what do you guys think? Should we settle for ”Sternuphilia” or ”Sternutophilia”, or look for something else? I have a suggestion of my own, which, I’m sure, is one of the more eccentric ones: ”Čiholjubia” or ”Chikholyubia”, from the Russian words: «Чих(ание)» (”Chikh(anie)”), ”a sneeze”; and: «Любить» (”Lyubit’”), ”to love”/”to like”. In fact, in a semi-natural language I’ve developed, called Krasnian, the clinical name for the sneeze fetish IS: ”Čiħoljiúbjia” (pronounced approximately like / translated into: ”Čiholjubia”/”Chikholyubia”), because the language of civilization in Krasnian is Russian; in fact, ”lingua franca”, in Krasnian, is: ”Liŋʋa Ruśka” (”Russian Language”), and the name ”Krasnian”, itself, comes from the Russian word: «Красный» (”Krasnyj” = ”Red”), and is: ”Krásnjia” or: ”Krásnjian kieli” in Krasnian.

WOW! That evolved into a whole language class, mostly off-topic. :lol:

5 hours ago, Niceguy said:

Anything is better than MUCOphilia. Which isn't right AT ALL.

I agree. MUCOphilia is the interest in MUCUS/SNOT, NOT sneezes/sneezing. :SMILIE_AV_VISA_CITY:

Also, I don’t know, what is up with those random changes in font-size. I know I copy-pasted those parts of the text from other sources, but doesn’t the algorithm, here, know, how to adapt the text in the same font-size? Especially, when the text wasn’t that large in said sources, but roughly the same size, as here. Sadly, I don’t see a font-size option in my toolbar, and I can’t yet edit my posts, anyway. I don’t know, how many ranks I still need to climb to get that right/ability 🤔.

I would also say that i don't agree cometely with calling it a fetish because, as you can read on wikipedia, a fetish is an attraction to a material object or specific body part, witch sneezing is not.

I would use rather the broader term kink.

36 minutes ago, NiceName said:

I would also say that i don't agree cometely with calling it a fetish because, as you can read on wikipedia, a fetish is an attraction to a material object or specific body part, witch sneezing is not.

Yeah, a kink is fine. But I must wonder, whoever came up with those definitions, and whether they really knew, what they were talking about. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter, whether the object of attraction is an inanimate object / body part, an action, or a colour. The dynamic of the attraction is the same, regardless; so, I don’t see a reason to change its clinical name, based on that alone. It’s, like changing the values of variables in a formula. It’s still the same formula, just with different inputs. 🤔

9 hours ago, Saimou said:

It’s, like changing the values of variables in a formula. It’s still the same formula, just with different inputs. 🤔

I meant to say: ”It’s, like changing the values of variables in a formula, and calling it a DIFFERENT formula. It’s still the same formula, just with different inputs. 🤔”.

• 2 months later...
On 6/24/2022 at 5:47 PM, NiceName said:

On 6/24/2022 at 6:30 PM, Saimou said:

Yeah, a kink is fine. But I must wonder, whoever came up with those definitions, and whether they really knew, what they were talking about. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter, whether the object of attraction is an inanimate object / body part, an action, or a colour. The dynamic of the attraction is the same, regardless; so, I don’t see a reason to change its clinical name, based on that alone. It’s, like changing the values of variables in a formula. It’s still the same formula, just with different inputs. 🤔

In fact, I actually moreso define the difference between a kink and a fetish to be a difference in intensity. That is to say, if it doesn’t interfere with normal sexuality, then ”kink” is fine; but if it DOES interfere with normal sexuality (such as being unable to get turned on without the object of attraction being involved), then it’s a fetish. You see, I always use my best judgement with these things, instead of blindly following, whatever someone defined or formulated on Wikipedia; or anywhere, really. It doesn’t really matter, what the source is; if it goes against my reason, I reject it.

Furthermore, ”Kink” is not a clinical term (like ”Sternuphilia”/”Sternutophilia”; or my proposed ”Čiholjubia”); so, it doesn’t really answer my original question :SMILIE_AV_VISA_CITY:.