Sneeze Fetish Forum

Popular/mainstream things you never caught on to

bingochamp7

Like the title says, are there any popular or mainstream things that you haven’t caught on to? Anything where you didn’t jump on the bandwagon or you jumped on it later?

The Harry Potter books and movies is one such bandwagon that I have never been part of. I only read the first book and watched part of the first movie.

The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogy is another one that I never caught on to.

The Twilight series is another.

I never really got on to Friends, Twilight, Stranger Things, Star Wars, Marvel and Drake. Everyone I know lovessss Drake he's from Toronto! So therefore I must like Drake. Big no to all these things.

There are a lot of popular things that I'm aware of or I've watched even if I didn't get caught up in the popularity, but I have never read or watched a single Harry Potter anything.  Ever.  Not even a little bit. 

Saying that makes me sound like this big hipster that only likes triple-distilled handcrafted artisinal indie stuff, but there's so many big franchises I love, give me Marvel and Star Trek and Star Wars, and Disney. I am a huge pop culture consumer.  Just not that particular thing, for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

There are a lot of popular things that I'm aware of or I've watched even if I didn't get caught up in the popularity, but I have never read or watched a single Harry Potter anything.  Ever.  Not even a little bit. 

So you really have no idea if you'd like it or not?

I tried to watch "Stranger Things" but really didn't like it. Right now I'm into K-dramas and before that I watched a few Turkish series on Netflix. Plus I love Lego Masters and have seen every episode from Sweden, UK, USA, Australia and France.

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, SneezeLucario said:

Supernatural. 

I don't even know why, i'm just not really interested.

Yeah, I tried watching it because one of my friends was a fan, but I couldn’t get into it.

Game of Thrones is another.

Game of Thrones was a big one that I didn't get into until right before season 7, and then I binged watched the whole thing over the course of a month. 

Also, The Simpsons. Never got into it. It's like, the one of longest running cartoons on television and I won't watch it. 
I'm sure there are others, it's just one of the big ones people bug me about lol

10 hours ago, mypanicismanic said:

Also, The Simpsons. Never got into it. It's like, the one of longest running cartoons on television and I won't watch it. 

All of my friends have tried to get me into The Simpsons but to no avail. I also don't get Family Guy or Spongebob. Seriously what is with everyone and Spongebob?? Needless to say I didn't watch TV in my childhood lol.

43 minutes ago, Melody said:

All of my friends have tried to get me into The Simpsons but to no avail. I also don't get Family Guy or Spongebob. Seriously what is with everyone and Spongebob?? Needless to say I didn't watch TV in my childhood lol.

Oh those are ones I never got into either, especially Spongebob. Family Guy I've watched some of, but never felt the need to like, invest my time in it. 

I never got into the whole Highschool Musical, Justin Bieber or One Direction craze. I felt like people over obsessed with them and I just couldn’t get myself to become like them. 

24 minutes ago, Elysnzz said:

I never got into the whole Highschool Musical, Justin Bieber or One Direction craze. I felt like people over obsessed with them and I just couldn’t get myself to become like them. 

Yeah I’m with you on this one - never understood the hype.

Also Pokémon Go or just anything having to do with Pokémon.

The musical Hamilton - why do people love it so much? To be fair, I’ve never watched it but I see it referenced everywhere.

Stopped watching films years ago. Apart from when I was a kid I’ve never got into watching tv series regularly (haven’t seen squid game). Don’t enjoy going out/clubbing and drinking

• 2 weeks later...

Squid Game. Chernobyl. 

I don't know if they classify as "uber-popular", but I remember quite a craze going on when they had come out! Also, no real reason I haven't watched them, it just so happened. 

• 5 months later...

Almost all of the above mentioned movies and TV shows, with the exception of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, which I like a lot. (I had read and enjoyed the books before the movies came out, so I don't know, maybe I would have felt differently if it had been the other way round.)

And I don't have netflix.

• 7 months later...

A lot of the Gen Z and Young Millennial TV series because I didn't have cable - and most times binged CBC News, CMT (food shows) and Discovery ID when it would become free here and there. Now I listen almost exclusively to true crime podcasts.

Gossip Girl, Sex and the City, Friends, Gilmore Girls, all these series never did it for me. I never had any interest in them... but I don't mind it.