Sneeze Fetish Forum

Feeling shame and self doubt about my fetish

Kaitlynne

Hey guys, this is gonna get real. Kaitlynne isn’t my real name but my friend let me use it because… well I feel very ashamed of my sneeze fetish  and I wouldn’t want anyone I know to find out that I have it. Some days I just wish I was normal. I just wish I was into vanilla stuff. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Dude, Having a sneeze fetish is nothing to be ashamed of. Otherwise, we probably wouldn't have the whole website revolving around it.

Besides, there are way weirder fetishes out there.

It can be hard to have something non mainstream you enjoy. But enjoy it anyway. 
Everyone is unique with unique interests. 

Yeah, you don't need to be like prideful of it or anything, but it's pretty unique! Nothing wrong with it. People are into a lot of weird (and in my opinion, worse) things.

This may shock you but SleepingPhlox isn't my real name either.  I'm teasing, but we're pretty much all hiding behind screen names here. It's okay to keep yourself anonymous if that's what helps you feel safe.

What is it exactly that you feel ashamed about?  That's a good place to start sorting out your feelings and coming to terms with them.  There's no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to accepting the fetish because your experience of it is very much unique to you.

Is it because it's unusual? Because it's taking pleasure in something that might cause people discomfort? Do you have negative thoughts around sexual feelings in general and the fetish is a part of that? Are there other things about yourself that cause the same feelings and maybe it's part of a larger self-concept issue?  I think if you really take a deep dive into what you are feeling and why, you might be able to make peace with it.

And as for people finding out, it's probably not as big a danger as it feels like.  If you are discreet about it, and not, like, bringing up sneezing at every opportunity in every day conversations or anything, most people would not guess it.

And luckily in this day and age, we have the internet, we have this place where we can come and talk about any aspect of the fetish that's on our minds and other stuff too.  This place is genuinely one of the most chill places on the internet and I think if you spend more time here getting to know people, because we're all just regular people just like you who happen to share this one quirk, you might just relax and accept it as a part of yourself.

Personally, I am absolutely not ashamed of my fetishism, it is what differentiates me from many others and when I see certain other so-called "normal" relationships, it reassures me to be as I am. For example, I have already known people who look at the buttocks or the breasts of others in the street or elsewhere, this is what is considered normal from the point of view of public opinion. It is "normal" for men or women to rave about these body parts. But what makes these parts more normal than others ?

Basically, normality does not exist. There is only a pseudo norm put in place by public opinion which has been generated by what people imagine of what may exist in others. Yet there is no categorical evidence that more people have a fondness for buttocks and breasts than for other parts of the body. You can easily find yourself in a group where everyone talks about buttocks, but between what is said openly in public and what they really think, there can be two completely different worlds. But they will not go so far as to reveal their true thoughts for fear of departing from the norm accepted by public opinion.

You are not abnormal, far from it. You think you are because you tend to believe the veracity of public opinion on the subject. ^_^

I'm going to give you two images, the first is of a sneeze fetish couple. The second is that of a vanilla couple...

1) Lydia and Jacob are both sneeze fetishists. They love each other with a sincere and passionate love. When one sneezes, the other immediately takes care of him. They share a moment of tenderness and affection that can quickly become intense at any time of the day.

2) Rachelle and John live as a vanilla couple, they love each other with a sincere and passionate love. Rachelle loves stroking or patting John's ass during the act of lovemaking and John literally drools over Rachelle's chest as soon as she's naked.

Which of these two couples must feel shame ? ... None, I don't see any difference between the two. The two couples love each other with love and even if their preferences are very different, they nevertheless remain tender, emotional or playful with their partner. And now a third image...

3) Sophia and Dylan are a "normal" couple, Dylan is turned on by Sophia's breasts, but also by those of others. He will easily flirt with other women and even in front of Sophia's gaze. He openly mocks her in front of his friends by talking about her big buttocks.

And now, which of these three couples should be ashamed of ?

What I mean by that is that shame shouldn't happen just because of everyone's erotic tastes. You like the sneezing, you are ready to offer a lot of love, affection and tenderness to someone with a cold. No, don't be ashamed of what you are. In my eyes, there is nothing more beautiful than the love we want to share together. :razz:

18 hours ago, Kaitlynne said:

Hey guys, this is gonna get real. Kaitlynne isn’t my real name but my friend let me use it because… well I feel very ashamed of my sneeze fetish  and I wouldn’t want anyone I know to find out that I have it. Some days I just wish I was normal. I just wish I was into vanilla stuff. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Well I used to feel that way up until I opened up and talked about it with my girl and she made me realize how cool it was, normal things are boring, people love mysteries and things they don't understand🤣 , at first I thought it was her then dated another one and another one then truly realized that whom ever the person is, it doesn't matter as long as they like you. Think about it, they will allow you to play with their PRIVATE PARTS which they keep hidden , what about a nose in front of the face which everyone can see and some sneezes or snot which they do in public all the time😂, that's nothing. These days I actually have trouble keeping my mouth shut about my fetishes, and you know what.... chicks in my area are now using it against me haha. One time I met this chick and she started flaring her nose looking at me and rubbing it, "damn that was hot" and she confessed that she knew all along... how fun is that. Long story short I need you to really think about it , what is normal ?. Boobs and Butts are also fetishes but just popular, there's really nothing to hide people come out of the closet all the time and this is just a hand in a pocket not a closet. 😅

21 hours ago, Kaitlynne said:

I don't feel ashamed 

Anyone else in this forum might not be ashamed

So why should you be ashamed ?

People have other weird fetishes but they don't feel ashamed of having it 

Anyway we feel you 

I don’t feel ashamed per say, but I definitely resonate deeply with you, Kaitlynne. 

I really don’t like having this fetish. I enjoy sneezing and partake in the fetish but to be quite honest, I wish I was a vanilla. Mostly because I am never fully sexually satisfied unless the fetish is involved. I have a vanilla partner and would not at this time bring it into our sex life. It’s the worst feeling honestly, to never be fully sexually satisfied, to feel like something is ‘’missing.’ It’s not the same as vanillas liking anal sex for example because preferences is not a fetish. Vanillas can be fully satisfied with aspects of regular sex even if they are not partaking in a major preference of theirs. I, personally, cannot be fully satisfied  - because I have this stupid fetish. The word that comes to mind is inconvenient. I find this fetish extremely inconvenient which pisses me off. 🤣

Also I think inherently sneezing is gross. It’s someone projecting germs into the air. Sneezing gets people sick, people hate being sick, if causes people pain and discomfort. So I think a lot of my dislike with the fetish is liking something ‘gross.’ It’s like an internalized belief that if I like something gross I must be gross. 

anyway, I digress. I know these negative thoughts surrounding the fetish are all self created and largely due to personal issues within myself but i definitely relate.

if I could snap my fingers and delete my fetish forever, I would do it in a heartbeat. 

Edited by Melody

No doubt about it, being a sneeze fetishist is a tricky gig for many of us. 

When the satisfaction of one of your most fundamental desires is reliant on a bodily function that has no apparent connection to any other sexual or romantic interest, the result can be confusion, self loathing, depression. Some may celebrate it, personally I don't, but I've learned to live with it and try to make the most of it. 

I sometimes think I could have trained myself to enjoy a more conventional source of arousal, but by the time I'd considered that option, I'd already been 'possessed'

This forum, and those that preceded it, have been a revelation. Undoubtedly the first time in history that groups like this have been able to meet. If I was young I'd be hoping to make friends here, perhaps meet someone special, quite a few have done that and have found happiness and understanding. 

Lets hope it can continue do that for many, many more of you in the coming Years.

8 hours ago, oOMariusOo said:

Personally, I am absolutely not ashamed of my fetishism, it is what differentiates me from many others and when I see certain other so-called "normal" relationships, it reassures me to be as I am. For example, I have already known people who look at the buttocks or the breasts of others in the street or elsewhere, this is what is considered normal from the point of view of public opinion. It is "normal" for men or women to rave about these body parts. But what makes these parts more normal than others ?

Basically, normality does not exist. There is only a pseudo norm put in place by public opinion which has been generated by what people imagine of what may exist in others. Yet there is no categorical evidence that more people have a fondness for buttocks and breasts than for other parts of the body. You can easily find yourself in a group where everyone talks about buttocks, but between what is said openly in public and what they really think, there can be two completely different worlds. But they will not go so far as to reveal their true thoughts for fear of departing from the norm accepted by public opinion.

You are not abnormal, far from it. You think you are because you tend to believe the veracity of public opinion on the subject. ^_^

I'm going to give you two images, the first is of a sneeze fetish couple. The second is that of a vanilla couple...

1) Lydia and Jacob are both sneeze fetishists. They love each other with a sincere and passionate love. When one sneezes, the other immediately takes care of him. They share a moment of tenderness and affection that can quickly become intense at any time of the day.

2) Rachelle and John live as a vanilla couple, they love each other with a sincere and passionate love. Rachelle loves stroking or patting John's ass during the act of lovemaking and John literally drools over Rachelle's chest as soon as she's naked.

Which of these two couples must feel shame ? ... None, I don't see any difference between the two. The two couples love each other with love and even if their preferences are very different, they nevertheless remain tender, emotional or playful with their partner. And now a third image...

3) Sophia and Dylan are a "normal" couple, Dylan is turned on by Sophia's breasts, but also by those of others. He will easily flirt with other women and even in front of Sophia's gaze. He openly mocks her in front of his friends by talking about her big buttocks.

And now, which of these three couples should be ashamed of ?

What I mean by that is that shame shouldn't happen just because of everyone's erotic tastes. You like the sneezing, you are ready to offer a lot of love, affection and tenderness to someone with a cold. No, don't be ashamed of what you are. In my eyes, there is nothing more beautiful than the love we want to share together. :razz:

Dylan sounds like a moron, but I'd like to meet Lydia and Jacob.

I’ve sort of felt the same way. However, simply having a fetish or fantasies is nothing to be ashamed of. Whatever turns you on, turns you on, and as long as it isn’t hurting you or others, no harm no foul. 

I think my guilty feelings mainly come from the possibility of my partner thinking I’m enjoying it when he doesn’t feel well. For context, I have a pretty broad fetish for (non-fatal) illness in general. I don’t want him to think that I’m taking pleasure in him being coughy, sneezy, achy, icky-feeling… but the fact is that his symptoms are usually fetishes of mine. I don’t pressure him to do anything if he doesn’t feel up to it, but he is somewhat aware of my fetish and will sometimes indulge me. He accepts it and he accepts me for who I am, and I respect his boundaries 100%.

My point is, everyone has different interests and fetishes. There’s nothing wrong with not being “vanilla,” and there are lots of people out there who are understanding and won’t judge you for the way you feel. It’s not something that you can just change. Embrace it! 

Well as many said, a lot of us use different names or usernames than our main one. I'm just a reserved person in general. Talking about sex or fetishism makes me uncomfortable, because I feel it's part pf my private life. I don't know if I could call that ashamed but I feel people can talk casually of sexual topics, while sneeze fetish is uncommon, it's hard to talk about it.

This fetish is something I keep to myself and not talk about it with others IRL. It's not really shame as me thinking about it as something private that's no one else's business. Would it have been easier for me if I was "Vanilla"? Maybe, but mainly when it comes to sexual satisfaction.

On 11/17/2022 at 1:47 PM, SleepingPhlox said:

And luckily in this day and age, we have the internet, we have this place where we can come and talk about any aspect of the fetish that's on our minds and other stuff too.  This place is genuinely one of the most chill places on the internet and I think if you spend more time here getting to know people, because we're all just regular people just like you who happen to share this one quirk, you might just relax and accept it as a part of yourself.

Also this. I'm really happy I found this forum because people here are mostly awesome and make me feel much more comfortable about having the fetish.

It's normal to have a fetish and it's normal to feel this way about it. I don't remember exactly where I read this but it turns out having some sort of sexual fetish or kink is not at all uncommon and most of people say that they think their kink is weird or shameful so they keep it locked up. The reality is we're not that special 😊 and I mean that in the best possible way 

Absolutely feel the same way. Never told anyone and don't know if I ever will, other than maybe a therapist in the future. 

I don't feel shame for it. I do however, keep it as a very protected secret

It's a fetish I absolutely love having. I mean, in the bigger picture of things, it's a relatively harmless fetish. There's worse things out there, in my opinion.

I do keep it to myself though. I doubt I'll ever be brave or comfortable enough to tell anyone about it. 

This may sound strange, but I have a number of fetishes, as does my wife, and we share them, but somehow this one is off-limits and private - I’m just pretty sure she would not take to it. So it’s easier to share it with people on here. But it does come with some guilt, in a way that some other fetishes do not. 

Edited by CheekyGuy

I feel guilty enjoying others discomfort, but of the fetish it’s self no. I wouldn’t tell anyone besides my significant other as I feel it’s not anyone’s business to know how I get off besides him + I wouldnt want others to use it against me or tell other people. I find being vanilla being very broad, and I like the idea of someone else really being able to get me off and vice versa.
We as humans are so complex, and it’s okay to feel guilty about something, but remember to not let that guilt consume you. 

I hope as time passes, you learn to accept yourself and all your kinks and quirks too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 2:44 AM, Mr Sneezy said:

No. I wish I could meet more people 

On 11/16/2022 at 3:51 PM, Kaitlynne said:

There’s nothing wrong with our fetish at all!  My fetish has even morphed over the years.  I used to just be attracted to female nose blowing.  Now I am attracted to nose blowing, sneezing, tissues, tissue boxes, snot (even my own sometimes).  Not sure if it would even be possible to meet someone else with my same fetish interests.  Even if I did, not sure how I would react at first!  There would be so many questions, lol.

This community is a great place, super safe!

On 11/16/2022 at 5:51 PM, Kaitlynne said:

I know a lot of people have already shared, but if it helps I definitely relate to this. There was a point at which I was super ashamed of how I felt about sneezing. I grew up pretty sheltered and this was before I really knew what a fetish was. I just knew I liked it when people sneezed, or were sick, or struggling with their allergies. I found it cute, endearing, and attractive. And it weirded me out, because I knew other people would think it was weird.

As I've gotten older, and dug a little deeper into the community and into myself, I've learned you have to accept yourself for who you are. No one can make you feel ashamed for who you are unless you let them. And working with your head and your heart to accept that is hard, I will admit. But it's worth it. Keep your head up. 

• 1 month later...