Sneeze Fetish Forum

What do you collect?

mypanicismanic

Any collector's out there? What do you collect? Do you have a favorite item that you've received/purchased for your collection?

For me, I collect faerie figurines and statuettes. I've got a large steampunk faerie on a stand that looks like a large clock face that is probably my favorite.

Also I've started collecting Disney Doorables, because it heals my inner child and makes me smile. 

Perhaps unsurprisingly, vintage handkerchiefs 😍 Don't quite go with the notion that they're too impractical to use, either! Plus, a handkerchief collection doesn't take up much space. Speaking of which, some vintage (waitress) aprons are also quite tiny: here's a pic showing one of each - possibly the French handkerchief (its embroidered monogramme of the original owner appears to be 'SVW') is a hundred years older than the waitress apron from Germany

1230944186_smallwaitresshugelace1.JPG.77ad48ad28368eac919ab705cf41a3d5.JPG

6 hours ago, launderedlace said:

Perhaps unsurprisingly, vintage handkerchiefs

Omg that's so cute! Vintage stuff is so cool. I'm an antique store junkie so I love seeing these kinds of collections. 

I collect bladed things. knives, swords, axes ect, ect, I also seem to be collecting coffee cups which was not intentional, but I have several that have sentimental meaning so, like the Isreali Defense force mug i got on a trip for 10 days to Israel or my Skunkworks set one of which I use every day actually. 

Rapunzel and Rapunzel-adjacent dolls and figures, and Hot Toys 1/6 figures, predominantly of Marvel characters.  I haven't actively added to these collections in a while (especially the Hot Toys one, that collection gets very slowly drip fed over time) but the collections I have are my pride and joy.  They are little visual reminders of media I enjoy that bring me happiness and it's nice having them on display where I can enjoy them.

1 hour ago, Klingon said:

I collect bladed things. knives, swords, axes ect, ect, I also seem to be collecting coffee cups which was not intentional, but I have several that have sentimental meaning so, like the Isreali Defense force mug i got on a trip for 10 days to Israel or my Skunkworks set one of which I use every day actually. 

Mugs are another thing I've started collecting. I like to pick them up from odd places. I bought 2 on my honeymoon lol

42 minutes ago, SleepingPhlox said:

Rapunzel and Rapunzel-adjacent dolls and figures, and Hot Toys 1/6 figures, predominantly of Marvel characters.  I haven't actively added to these collections in a while (especially the Hot Toys one, that collection gets very slowly drip fed over time) but the collections I have are my pride and joy.  They are little visual reminders of media I enjoy that bring me happiness and it's nice having them on display where I can enjoy them.

I think fandom collections are so wonderful. Being able to display what brings you pleasure and joy is amazing. And a great way to connect with other people! 

I was going to start collecting Tarot decks, but alas, my economy went down the toilet so I only have three. :lol: 

58 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

I was going to start collecting Tarot decks, but alas, my economy went down the toilet so I only have three. :lol: 

Saaame. My husband says it's a problem, but I will never stop. 

Fandom merch and I used to collect Funk Pop's! I love clothes the most, I have a lot of geek wear, lol! 

• 2 weeks later...

It's weird, but I collect spiral bound notebooks. Just to have and use. Nothing special.

Also, I collect inukshuks. I really want a big garden one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 3:33 PM, Just Older said:

Also, I collect inukshuks. I really want a big garden one.

That sounds interesting, what are those?

From Google, because I'd probably explain it wrong ....

What does an inukshuk symbolize?
Traditionally, they were used by the Inuit in the north as directional markers. An Inukshuk in the shape of a person signifies safety, hope and friendship. These stone sculptures were also important for navigation, as a point of reference, as a marker for hunting grounds, or to denote a food cache.
inunnguaq.jpg.15ddddb8730304067bd58894a46d9a69.jpg

I collect a lot of things. Journals, pens/pencils, various trading cards, anime and/or manga, and anything cute. Think Hello Kitty and pretty much anything pink or from Japan. Haha. 

On 12/30/2022 at 7:39 PM, Just Older said:

From Google, because I'd probably explain it wrong ....

What does an inukshuk symbolize?
Traditionally, they were used by the Inuit in the north as directional markers. An Inukshuk in the shape of a person signifies safety, hope and friendship. These stone sculptures were also important for navigation, as a point of reference, as a marker for hunting grounds, or to denote a food cache.
inunnguaq.jpg.15ddddb8730304067bd58894a46d9a69.jpg

Holy shiz that's cool! So if they are normally used as landmarks, how do you collect them?? Like do you travel and take pictures? 

On 12/30/2022 at 10:14 PM, AngelRain said:

I collect a lot of things. Journals, pens/pencils, various trading cards, anime and/or manga, and anything cute. Think Hello Kitty and pretty much anything pink or from Japan. Haha. 

That's pretty cool! I'm pretty guilty of buying more journals than necessary. I just moved and keep finding more and more that I've forgotten about lol. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Collecting? You mean other than dust and moss?

I didn't think I was a collector of anything, until I remembered I collect video games. Not necessarily to play. I love the history and background of some video game development. I'll go out of my way to pick up something if it's interesting.

Just recently, since the 3ds eShop is going down, I picked up the Louvre visual tour. That's gonna be harder to grab, since the physical versions are only sold in the museum.

I love handkerchiefs as you all can guess so I tend to collect plenty of them but obviously use them too

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Jess Starseed1111 said:

Crystals, I have 4 ornament dresses I put jewellery on, two are 18th century dresses 🤍🌟 also I collect ships 🛳 I have 5 now - one is HMS Victory (Lord Nelson replica boat) I saw and went on the real one in Portsmouth in U.K. 🌊 

You must have a really big garden if you have 5 ships 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣