Sneeze Fetish Forum

Handkerchiefs have been a god send this year

Trynasneeze

With the amount of colds I've had this year, I'm supremely grateful that this has been the year I ended up getting back into using handkerchiefs. 

Granted I have used tissues a bit during the worst of my colds, but some have had a tendency to linger for a few days and it has been super handy not having to get up and go the bathroom to blow my nose all the time - not to mention how much nicer cotton is on my nose than toilet paper, as I'm not someone who can stand to sniffle if my nose is running. 

I did use handkerchiefs earlier in my life as I grew up with parents who have never bought a box of tissues ever that I know of, but back then they were just the embarrassing things you used when you got a cold - and I was a bit embarrassed to blow my nose in public if I could help it. 

But now I have no inhibitions about that stuff, and frequent colds it seems, so they have been a very welcome addition to my life this year

I’m glad you’ve rediscovered handkerchiefs. I also grew up in a household that didn’t use tissues, so I pretty much never use them when I induce or get a cold. Also, I find that tissues are only good for one use and you have to dispose of them. I agree that getting up to go blow your nose in toilet paper gets old really fast lol.

I have thought about getting actual handkerchiefs instead of using old clothes and paper towels. 

1 hour ago, bingochamp7 said:

I have thought about getting actual handkerchiefs instead of using old clothes and paper towels. 

I would recommend, much softer than paper towels (although I do use those sometimes as well for random blows), and definitely feels more classy than using old clothes haha especially if you have to go out when you're sick

Cotton handkerchiefs tend to get softer the more they are washed; it's also an option to use a fabric softener (which doesn't have to be scented!) There are also differences in the weight of fabric involved; for example, some vintage ones are made from very lightweight material and so very gentle to use. For softness from day one, silk handkerchiefs are hard to beat

7 hours ago, bingochamp7 said:

I’m glad you’ve rediscovered handkerchiefs. I also grew up in a household that didn’t use tissues, so I pretty much never use them when I induce or get a cold. Also, I find that tissues are only good for one use and you have to dispose of them. I agree that getting up to go blow your nose in toilet paper gets old really fast lol.

I'd definitely recommend too as I find them much softer too. Although sometimes I use the odd tissue for a random blow.

I use hankies all the time always have 2 with me.Hankies r so awesome to use i never use paper to blow my nose when i have a cold hankies r a godsend.

7 hours ago, Hankie lover said:

I use hankies all the time always have 2 with me.Hankies r so awesome to use i never use paper to blow my nose when i have a cold hankies r a godsend.

I also always carrying 2 with me. One tucked into my sleeve and the other one in my pocket. And you? Where's you used to carry it?

2 hours ago, Tucked Hankie said:

I also always carrying 2 with me. One tucked into my sleeve and the other one in my pocket. And you? Where's you used to carry it?

When I have my act together (so not that often!) I carry a supply of clean handkerchiefs in a vintage handkerchief case. Which reminds me ... I should write a handkerchief case into a storyline

2 hours ago, Hankysneeze said:

I can't be without a handkerchief at anytime.

Me neither. I just leave my hankies when I go to take a shower. Even to sleep I always take 1 or 2 handkerchiefs tucked into my sleeve or tucked into my collar.

51 minutes ago, Hankie lover said:

I have one in my right front pocket and one in my left back pocket.

I have always one tucked into my sleeve and one in my right front pocket.

22 minutes ago, Hankie lover said:

I can not leave the house with out my hankies they r so amazing to use.

Totally agree with you. I even when at home always carrying at least 2 hankies. 

On 12/22/2022 at 1:44 AM, Hankysneeze said:

I can't be without a handkerchief at anytime.

On 12/22/2022 at 7:21 AM, Tucked Hankie said:

Totally agree with you. I even when at home always carrying at least 2 hankies. 

On 12/22/2022 at 6:57 AM, Hankie lover said:

I can not leave the house with out my hankies they r so amazing to use.

You guys are hanky addicts haha. I thought taking one out in my pocket each day 'just in case' may have been OTT

29 minutes ago, Hankysneeze said:

You can never have enough hankies 

You're right. Every time I buy a new handkerchief, I always think it's done. But then I can't resist and I always end up buying another one.😁