Sneeze Fetish Forum

Stiflers

t5t61

A thought that keeps bugging me lately:

All those people who always stifle when they sneeze around me, they let out full power sneezes when they are alone at home, right?

I mean, there isn't any good reason for them to keep stifling all sneezes, all the time, even when no one is watching, right??

I just keep fantasizing about their secret wild sneezes 🤤😭🤯 

Seems like a reasonable assumption I suppose. A friend of mine will go out of her way to stifle her sneezes almost to the point of being completely silent, if she's around me.

If we're talking on the phone, its a totally opposite sneeze. She let's out a nice full sneeze. Uncovered by the sound of it, and right in the phone. 

She has no idea how much I love to hear that awesome sneeze of hers

Stiflers are an odd bunch. Apart from wasting their sneeze, it can be frustrating for people like us.

I once lived with a lady who not only stifled, but would do it into a tissue........in an empty room.

The inevitable soft "choo" followed by a whispered " pardon me".

Later, she started letting them out properly more often.

On 1/4/2023 at 5:55 PM, t5t61 said:

All those people who always stifle when they sneeze around me, they let out full power sneezes when they are alone at home, right?

I mean, there isn't any good reason for them to keep stifling all sneezes, all the time, even when no one is watching, right??

Nope! :laugh:

I mean, granted, it might be different for some folks, but me? I stifle 100% of the time, automatically, to the extent that, many years ago, when I tried making waves for a friend, it took me literally dozens of tries before I could manage a non-stifled sneeze! The only exception is when I’m sick; then eventually I guess my body’s too tired to stifle, or the sneezes are too big, or something? But I SOMETIMES end up not stifling then. The rest of the time, though? Nope.

to be fair I usually alternate between stifling and letting out my sneezes but sometimes a good stifle can REALLY scratch an itch in my nose; im not talking those completely silent stifles im talking the nasally uncovered stifles without using my hand to hold or block my nostrils

On 1/4/2023 at 5:55 PM, t5t61 said:

So true

That’s definitely true for some ppl. I had a friend who always stifled in public because she said her real sneezes were loud and that embarrassed her. Which honestly sounds like the plot to a snzfic lmao

It always seems to be the opposite of what I would like. I love female sneezes but it’s rare I’m ever lucky enough to see one. And when I do it’s almost always stifled. It’s honestly been months since I’ve seen a woman sneeze and much much longer since I’ve seen a good one let out fully. Mens sneezes absolutely mortify me beyond all belief. Yet I see them all the damn time and they never seem to stifle. It’s always a huge explosion of spray. Something I’d love coming from a woman but when it’s from a man I actually get quite angry at the thought of coming into contact with any of those droplets or breathing any in. I’d honestly rather they pulled their penis out and swung it around in my face than let out an uncovered spray sneeze. Sorry, rant over. 😂

I’ve found a lot of the women I know will always stifle in public because they want to have a cute little sneeze lol. I’m just like nooooo.

On 1/19/2023 at 3:18 AM, cameronsneeze said:

I’ve found a lot of the women I know will always stifle in public because they want to have a cute little sneeze lol. I’m just like nooooo.

Little do they know we’d actually prefer it if they let it out in all its glory. Oh the irony 😂

On 1/7/2023 at 10:55 AM, Mr Sneezy said:

Stiflers are an odd bunch. Apart from wasting their sneeze, it can be frustrating for people like us.

I once lived with a lady who not only stifled, but would do it into a tissue........in an empty room.

The inevitable soft "choo" followed by a whispered " pardon me".

Later, she started letting them out properly more often.

Wierdly, even though I will sneeze uncovered even in public sometimes. Other times I will pull out a handkerchief to sneeze into even though I'm at home alone. 

I don't stifle though almost ever

Edited by Trynasneeze
14 minutes ago, Trynasneeze said:

Wierdly, even though I will sneeze uncovered even in public sometimes. Other times I will pull out a handkerchief to sneeze into even though I'm at home alone. 

I don't stifle though almost ever

I can't. Mine are too big. Ditto my girlfriend.

Until pretty recently, I always stifled my sneezes, even at home or by myself. I dislike making a mess (even though I love other people’s mess from sneezing), I don’t want to draw attention to myself with the noise, and it’s embarrassing when people bless me. 
Since I discovered that I enjoy sneezing, I don’t really stifle them at home. They’re more satisfying that way and I like feeling the spray. Now I just need to get my fiancé to stop stifling at home! He says it kinda hurts to sneeze, so I’m not sure if stifling makes it better or worse

I feel like I'm in bizarro world here.  Next to nobody stifles, and I love them haha.  We need to switch places I guess.

• 2 months later...

I've been friends with a girl who is a stifler for 20+ years. Stifles are my favorite and throughout that time, I still have not seen her unstifled sneeze. For so long I had been dying to know if she stifles her sneezes when she's by herself. 

About 10 years ago, I somehow found the courage to do something that I would probably never do again. I just came out and asked her if she stifles her sneezes when she's alone. I tried to appear calm and casual on the outside but on the inside I was nervous when I asked.

Her response was that she stifles her sneezes all the time even when she's by herself because she doesn't know how to sneeze any other way. I was tempted to ask her more questions about her stifles but I didn't want to push it.

I've always had a secret crush on her because of her stifles and this made my crush on her stronger. I've never told her about my fetish but I think that she suspects that her stifles turn me on. It's been getting too difficult to hide my natural reaction. It doesn't seem to bother her because she does not act differently when she sneezes around me. Hopefully this won't affect our friendship. 

Failed stifles are my favourite. I love stifled sneezes because I always wonder what it sounds like unstifled, and if they fail to stifle because the sneeze is so strong it's even better. 

I think most people I've observed who are stiflers are stiflers in public or private. For example, one of my best friends who is a super sneezy person stifles all the time, and I've probably seen her sneeze over almost 1000 times in my lifetime honestly. Not once has she ever not stifled!!

I think for some people it's just an automatic reaction and they never think twice about it. In my life, in the times I've stifled it's also usually an automatic reaction to whatever situation I am in. Though there is something deeply satisfying about seeing someone stifle a lot and then to see their "real" sneezes?? what a treat that our stupid brains make into something huge 🤣

My absolute favourite, favourite, thing is when stifling makes someone sneeze more and more and it won't stop until they stop stifling. Never seen it happen in real life but I have hope this happens to some people. 

Edited by Melody
5 hours ago, Melody said:

My absolute favourite, favourite, thing is when stifling makes someone sneeze more and more and it won't stop until they stop stifling.

This is also my favorite thing. Usually right at the beginning of allergy season my friend will have 2-3 very long fits and no matter how many times she sneezes she just keeps stifling all of them. Part of me wants to suggest to her that she should stop stifling her sneezes to see if that would make her stop sneezing, just to see if she would listen to my suggestion, but I've decided not to because I'd rather leave it up to the sneeze gods and let them decide if I'm meant to see her unstifled sneeze lol.

5 hours ago, Melody said:

For example, one of my best friends who is a super sneezy person stifles all the time, and I've probably seen her sneeze over almost 1000 times in my lifetime honestly. Not once has she ever not stifled!!

Your friend sounds exactly like my friend lol

4 hours ago, Brooks said:

This is also my favorite thing. Usually right at the beginning of allergy season my friend will have 2-3 very long fits and no matter how many times she sneezes she just keeps stifling all of them. Part of me wants to suggest to her that she should stop stifling her sneezes to see if that would make her stop sneezing, just to see if she would listen to my suggestion, but I've decided not to because I'd rather leave it up to the sneeze gods and let them decide if I'm meant to see her unstifled sneeze lol.

Your friend sounds exactly like my friend lol

I'd maybe suggest it once. Only once. Just say you're worried about her sneezing so much.

I waited aeons for my former roomie Sharon to sneeze. When she finally did, I was disappointed that she seemed to be a serial stifler.

She was such a germophobe that she would stifle into a tissue in an empty room.

• 4 weeks later...

I dated a guy who stifled his sneezes and it was super cute. He knew about my fetish so we'd talk about it sometimes. 

I asked him why he stifles and he said he doesn't really know, he just didn't want to disturb anyone with the sound. 

I asked him if he stifles when he's alone in his room, and he said no. 

Side note: sometimes he would induce for me and have these really long fits, and after the first few sneezes of him attempting to stifle, he would give up and just let out his full sneeze. It was a lot of fun to see :)

• 4 weeks later...

I stifle or half stifle most of the time. I only let them out at home if I feel they are huge

Edited by BlessMeAchoo

I never stifle, for two reasons: 1) I don't want to waste a sneeze if I can avoid it. I don't sneeze much to begin with, so when my nose announces a tickle, I want to celebrate the outburst! 🥳 The only thing I do that comes close to stifling (in public, when my mental block threatens to fail) is pinching my nose to stop the impending sneeze from building up. So it stops in the middle of the "haahh..." .

2) My sneezes are so forceful I'm afraid I would hurt my eardrum if I stifled.

I don’t sneeze in public but if I did I would definitely stifle. When I’m at home alone though I actually like to have a variety, sometimes I let it out quiet, sometimes I let it out loud, sometimes I try to do holdbacks (don’t usually do this because in most cases I’m successful and don’t get to sneeze. Then it’s just annoying), recently I even started stifling more because the tickle might linger a little and I might get a rare double sneeze. Double the sneeze, double the fun right? Lol

I’m not a stifler, but my guess is that if someone starts doing it in childhood or adolescence, especially if they  stifled at home (maybe because of a family member’s disapproval or disparaging comments) it’s likely they will stifle all the time as an adult, even when they are alone, because it’s become such a deeply ingrained pattern.