Sneeze Fetish Forum

Stiflers

t5t61

17 minutes ago, solitaire-au said:

I’m not a stifler, but my guess is that if someone starts doing it in childhood or adolescence, especially if they  stifled at home (maybe because of a family member’s disapproval or disparaging comments) it’s likely they will stifle all the time as an adult, even when they are alone, because it’s become such a deeply ingrained pattern.

Yup: I don’t recall when I started stifling, but it is absolutely automatic for me now, to the point where even when I specifically try to sneeze openly, I still end up stifling more often than not!

4 hours ago, solitaire-au said:

I’m not a stifler, but my guess is that if someone starts doing it in childhood or adolescence, especially if they  stifled at home (maybe because of a family member’s disapproval or disparaging comments) it’s likely they will stifle all the time as an adult, even when they are alone, because it’s become such a deeply ingrained pattern.

Spot on.

• 1 month later...

my school crush is a stifler and once she sneezed in class and my other classmate asked if she always sneezes like that and she said "yes, i can't do it in another way"

2 hours ago, dan said:

my school crush is a stifler and once she sneezed in class and my other classmate asked if she always sneezes like that and she said "yes, i can't do it in another way"

I had a high school crush in the 80s who ALWAYS stifled. Sadly, my feelings for her were most definately not reciprocated.

On 4/12/2023 at 10:25 AM, Melody said:

I think most people I've observed who are stiflers are stiflers in public or private. For example, one of my best friends who is a super sneezy person stifles all the time, and I've probably seen her sneeze over almost 1000 times in my lifetime honestly. Not once has she ever not stifled!!

I think for some people it's just an automatic reaction and they never think twice about it. In my life, in the times I've stifled it's also usually an automatic reaction to whatever situation I am in. Though there is something deeply satisfying about seeing someone stifle a lot and then to see their "real" sneezes?? what a treat that our stupid brains make into something huge 🤣

My absolute favourite, favourite, thing is when stifling makes someone sneeze more and more and it won't stop until they stop stifling. Never seen it happen in real life but I have hope this happens to some people. 

I couldn't have said it better myself. I am pretty sure most people who stifle are not even aware they are doing it. My ex used to stifle all her sneezes. When I asked her why she was confused. She pretty much did not know how not to stifle. I guess it's just how some people sneeze naturally.

• 3 weeks later...

i usually stifle, even tho that's not how i normally sneeze, idk i just find my sneezes embarrassing for some reason lol

3 hours ago, dan said:

i usually stifle, even tho that's not how i normally sneeze, idk i just find my sneezes embarrassing for some reason lol

I'm not embarassed by mine, but I can't stifle. It hurts.

• 2 weeks later...

Default stifler here 🙋🏼‍♀️

I do it publicly because sneezing in front of people is blushing inducing. 

I do it privately because my sneezes can be so wet… I’d rather not deal with clean up or a soaked sleeve most days 😂