Sneeze Fetish Forum

what kind of pet(s)do you have?

Klingon

so what kind of pet or pets do you have at home? and for those of you who don't have pets, what kind of pet would you get if you could? I personally as of last night just got a new pet a semi adult "Alphonopelma seemani arachnid) better known as a "skeleton", "Zebra" also known as a " stripe knee'd tarantula" their named for the markings on the legs and are great for those who are new to owning Tarantula as first time owners, they are very docile and easily handled and not a very aggressive species. as well as easy to maintain. (see picture) NOTE: not to be confused with Mexican red legged or Brazilian White Knee'd Tarantula species. image.jpeg.b32574466ee1ed00eba1b01fbb18426a.jpeg

Edited by Klingon

Oh tarantulas are nice! I've never had one myself but I really like them. I hope you'll enjoy watching your new little buddy. 

Currently I have two cats and a dog and unless something happens to prevent it, I'll be getting another dog in a few of weeks when the puppies turn old enough to leave for their new homes. The cats are no specific breed, they are what we'd call maatiaiskissa so just. domestic cats of no breed. The current dog is a dachshund mix (her mother is a dachshund and her father is some no breed village dog) and the one we should be getting soon is a borzoi. 

I have two cats of questionable origin. :lol:  (Regular housecats. No particular breed. Themselves completely convinced they're a panther and a tiger, respectively.)

I'm not yet sure if mine is a male or female there's no tibial spur, so I think female but not certain she stays in her borrow most of the time and has barely moved at all, she appears to be completely healthy though. her breed is a good one for beginners who are new to keeping arachnids. as are Mexican red rumped and Mexican red legged breeds. one thing to note is that in both those cases they're captive bred not wild caught. Mexico doesn't allow wild cause specimens to be taken anymore. believe it or not people capturing them in the wild to sell in pet shops was actually a bigger threat to their survival then people trying to kill them ever was. cats and dogs are cool and are great companions and it's shown that they can lower stresses and anxiety. and they can help people not feel lonely. I've been wanting a Boxer to raise but not been able to find any puppies in my area. i will also be getting a Pandinus Imperator (Emperor Scorpion) soon. the Emperor scorpion species (not to be confused with red clawed Emperor scorpion) is actually the biggest species but also one of the calmest to have! ( i DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE RECOMMEND HANDLING OF ANY SCORPION UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTNCE!) BUT I have personally seen specimens so calm you could actually hold them in the pam of your hand and feed them without them becoming defensive! let me be clear on anoter thing thing regarding that, Scorpion breeds on the pet trade are NOT the lethal kinds! there's roughly 2,500 species in the world only 25 of which are lethal (unless your a child or allergict to bee stings) adnd those 25 species that are deadly are not allowed to be sold at pet shops. you have to be a licensed scientist for one of those and the amount of things you would have to go through to have one ... not worth it for an individual trust me on this! I have had Pandinus Emperator specimens before and they are great for beginners as they are very docile breed. never the less they should not be allowed for kids or handled at all. the best way to move them to a new enclosure for example is with padded tongs carefully picking them up by the tail a d setting them in the new enclosure. the padding ensures no injury to them while making certain they can't sting, however it should be noted to keep well away from the claws, which can cause serious injury as well. Image result for emperor scorpion

I have a cat! I’m 90% sure she’s a tabby cuz of the lil M shape on her forehead. But I like to call her a little tiger cuz she has stripes and enjoys being a menace to our house :’]

that's cool Cedar, Chanel_no5! would love to see pics if you want to post no pressure though. on another note am concerned about my tarantula though she hasn't eaten anything since I got her and I've tried twice. I gve her two meal worms and she wouldn't take them am not sure what's going on. if they get stressed or are going to molt soon they will sometimes not feed for some time but I've noticed too she barely comes out of her burrow either. am not sure what's going on I haven't tried to handle her for the reason of not wanting to stress her out. will keep ya posted 

nice Elysnzz! yeah I have always liked arachnids and since my landlady won't let me get a python... I'd really like to get a monocled cobra someday but I'm not even close to qualified for that and the state I'm in their illegal anyways. I know someone who does have conra's and mamba's and all sorts of other venomous snakes and he reminds me all the time "if you don't know what your doing don't even think about it!" " I been around snakes like this all my life and I can read their body language, their not something to mess with or for "casual" owners, their for expert handlers only!" he says

Image result for monocled cobra

I have two cats that belong to me and my boyfriend. Our roommate also has two cats. So between the three of us we have four cats. They're all some combination of orange and white except for one of me and my BF's who is all orange. I've had cats my whole life and am really glad that I'm not allergic to them. When I was adopted and taken to the allergist as a little kid, the doctor told my parents that "she has a terrible prognosis. She's allergic to everything. Except animals". Well he was mostly right. I'm not allergic to animals. But I also have no allergies that make me sneeze which I find really annoying sometimes. Haha. I am allergic to dust but it only makes my throat hurt and itch and it makes it hard for me to breathe. Anyway, I have had cats my whole life since I was adopted but I've had other pets too over the years. From hamsters, guinea pigs, goldfish, bunnies, to my beloved dog who sadly passed away about 6 years ago. I am definitely an animal lover. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have a few cats, and I have it on good authority that they are the actual best cats in the world because I hear that statement repeated several times a day.

Okay, I am the one who is repeating it several times a day.  But they are the best cats. Sweetest, most affectionate, hilarious little furballs.  They've gotten me through some hard times, so they mean the world to me and I would walk through fire for them.

I'd like to have a dog again at some point, a German Shepherd would be rad.

I have a labradoodle.    He’s kind of tannish cream.   And on the bigger side.    And he is the bestest boy.   

would love to see pics of your Labradoodle Aggedy ann if you want and would love to see your cats too. somebody asked me about "Fang" that's the name I gave my striped knee tarantula, she's doing well for now but I want to get her a bigger enclosure as soon as I can. somebody else asked me about getting one themselves. here is a link to a page about striped knee'd tarantula's and caring for them from someone who knows what they're doing if anyone here is interested. Aphonopelma seemanni Care — The Tarantula Collective

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have two African Dwarf frogs, but they died separately a few years ago and now I've sadly got nothing. My work schedule and apartment aren't suitable for pets.

I’ve got two cats that were my partner’s, but we’ve lived together for a while now so they’re basically mine too now. They’re indoor cats, but they’re obsessed with sitting on the balcony.

I've got an orange kitty. I know this sounds lame but he's seriously my best friend. He adopted me a few years ago- I was working for this lady and she had way too many cats. Little Bit chose me. He would follow me around the entire time I was cleaning her house, and tried to follow me home several times. The lady I was working for joked that I should adopt him, but I didn't take it seriously til he fell asleep in my backpack one day with just his tail poking out. It's a really cool thing when an animal chooses you.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a black and white cat. She’s only my second pet I’ve ever had (both cats), as my first cat lived for 15 years from the time I was 5 to when I was 20. I’ve found it interesting to compare the two and their personalities because cat’s can be so different from one another. 

I have two pet mice. One is named daisy (white), the other rugby (grey) Rugby just went to the vet for a bowel obstruction and it cost me $175 😭

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Calico cat for about three years now (lockdown blues pet, but I've wanted one since I was a little girl). And yes, my boyfriend is allergic 😏

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a list of all of my pets.. indoors and outdoors..

Indoor pets:

2 cats

4 dogs

3 parrots

2 mini pig 

Outdoor pets:

15 mini pigs 

4 hogs

15 equine

32 goats

7 sheep

7 turkeys

10 geese

13 ducks

5 quail

3 pheasants

200+ chickens

1 alpaca

1 cow

9 rabbits 

1 cat

2 hours ago, RipleyToo said:

Indoor pets:

2 cats

4 dogs

3 parrots

2 mini pig 

Outdoor pets:

15 mini pigs 

4 hogs

15 equine

32 goats

7 sheep

7 turkeys

10 geese

13 ducks

5 quail

3 pheasants

200+ chickens

1 alpaca

1 cow

9 rabbits 

1 cat

just a question, do you live on a farm or at the zoo 🤣

2 hours ago, Melody said:

just a question, do you live on a farm or at the zoo 🤣

A farm lol! 

11 hours ago, RipleyToo said:

Pfft.  Needs more cats.

For reals though, that is a seriously impressive list.  That must be so much work.  I've known a few farmers and their lives just seem to be non stop!