Sneeze Fetish Forum

Allergy medication adverts including sneezing

itchynose2

I found this on a VHS tape I recently captured (I upload old bits of UK TV, like adverts, closedowns, news broadcasts etc), an Aller-Eze advert with a young woman sneezing from about May/June 1984, broadcast on UK station Channel 4.

(BTW, can I please have *NO* YouTube comments requesting more sneeze-related material, I don’t want my fetish known on there, which is why I’ve set the above clip to only be viewed by people with the link).

I did also find two others on VHS tapes, but in a recent migration from my old PC to my new one, they seem to have got lost.

However, those two are available elsewhere online:

A Benadryl advert with woman sneezing from around 2004 at 19:46 (I was 14 and in the early years of discovering my fetish, I think this was the advert that kickstarted my preference for hayfever sneezes!)

And a station identifier for Channel 5, used in the late 2000s.

Anyone have any adverts or other bits of TV interstitial material with sneezing that they like?

Those are some neat finds, but can I just say how cool I think it is that you archive old media like that, those little tidbits that might be lost to time otherwise.  That's a really awesome thing to do.

I ran into a vicks advert which contained a sneeze (with visible spray) a while ago, i can try and find it if you’d like.

7 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

Those are some neat finds, but can I just say how cool I think it is that you archive old media like that, those little tidbits that might be lost to time otherwise.  That's a really awesome thing to do.

I know. It’s extremely rare for me to get anything from before the mid-80s so when I came across someone online who wanted help with converting VHS tapes to digital files, I was astonished to find a load of stuff from the *70s*! It’s rare in the UK to find stuff on VHS, Betamax or V2000 formats from before 1985-ish as those three formats launched in the UK in 1978/79, just as the UK was sliding into a deep recession. Even though the recession was over in about 1982/83, unemployment was slow to come down so VCR ownership or rental (there was a big electronics rental industry here until goods became cheaper and more reliable in the late 80s) didn’t really start to take off in significant numbers until about 1982, VCRs were only in the majority of homes from about 1987. So 1970s stuff is real “hen’s teeth” territory!

As for recovering lost media, I’ve occasionally found shows that actually no longer exist in their broadcaster’s archives because at the time they were made, such programmes were considered disposable and the cost of broadcast videotape reels at that time was worth more than the repeat/re-run value of the programme.

After I’m done with these tapes, these will be sent off to someone clever enough to extract the Teletext data from the signals recorded on these!

Edited by itchynose2
46 minutes ago, Spacesneezeman said:

I ran into a vicks advert which contained a sneeze (with visible spray) a while ago, i can try and find it if you’d like.

Yes please! 😁

And we have a date for this particular recording of the Aller-Eze advert. This was in the middle of a film broadcast on Channel 4 on 9th June 1984, so the height of grass pollen season that year.

Edited by itchynose2
  • 2 months later...

allereze-1987.jpg

Found this piece of :drool:🤤:drool: within this 1987 press advert!