Sneeze Fetish Forum

The sixty five year wait

launderedlace

Here's a pic of my newly-acquired handkerchiefs

TootalBboxed.jpg.9ba4dd72d78dec4af08069d32d3a6c80.jpg

Written on the back of the box is a date from 1958. The handkerchief in the top left of the pic (and one other) had already been used and laundered, but the one in the box and retaining its original sticker has been waiting patiently for 65 years. Not long now, the snot is coming ...

2 hours ago, LazyExplorer said:

The flood approaches as the handkerchief soldiers ready their defenses

I like the analogy you've used ... but I'm afraid for the defence's ability to withstand the attack - I think it's going to crumble; certainly those lovely folds are going to dissolve!

5 hours ago, LazyExplorer said:

The flood approaches as the handkerchief soldiers ready their defenses

For sixty five years, the meticulously regimented defences have waited in readiness

BTootalunlaundered.jpg.2c722824944966170ceb239ed96989ea.jpg

But, has the passage of time weakened their ability to resist the gathering forces of snot?!

18 hours ago, launderedlace said:

For sixty five years, the meticulously regimented defences have waited in readiness

BTootalunlaundered.jpg.2c722824944966170ceb239ed96989ea.jpg

But, has the passage of time weakened their ability to resist the gathering forces of snot?!

One itchy nose shall put their readiness to the test 

1 hour ago, LazyExplorer said:

One itchy nose shall put their readiness to the test 

The nose itched, filled with snot, and the first attack was launched. The defences shuddered under the impact but, mostly, held firm

TootalBfirstblow1.jpg.66d45b53883678b207b7615973334651.jpg

Edited by launderedlace

Well done. Durable goods last a long time and they are from an era in which it was not yet common to throw stuff away easily. Hope they get much use and we get much news about it...

18 hours ago, cjblo said:

Well done. Durable goods last a long time and they are from an era in which it was not yet common to throw stuff away easily. Hope they get much use and we get much news about it...

In one of those 'truth is stranger than fiction' situations the handkerchief, at least temporarily, has repelled the forces of snot. One consequence of it having lain, unused, in its original box for 65 years was that it smelt a little musty - who wouldn't?! So, right now, it's having a refreshing rinse which, as it turns out, is going to remove one line of defence: it's pretty clear that the forces of snot are going to have their day sometime soon!

The throwaway culture? My take - I'm obviously hugely biased - is that handkerchiefs were an early victim of marketing campaigns encouraging us to use more stuff, more quickly, and throw it away, for the past two or three generations. It might be really interesting, and I don't know if anyone's ever actually undertaken one, to carry out a scientific study on the pros and cons of using handkerchiefs and their 'rivals': health issues; energy used in manufacture, packaging and laundering etc etc. As is the nature of these things, to be fair, the study would need to be free from vested corporate interests (should such a thing be possible in this day and age). From my pro-handkerchief perspective, a while ago I wrote sustainability threads into some parts of the 'Embroidered handkerchief distraction - the fiction' (aka Rachel and Julie) storylines 

23 hours ago, launderedlace said:

The nose itched, filled with snot, and the first attack was launched. The defences shuddered under the impact but, mostly, held firm

TootalBfirstblow1.jpg.66d45b53883678b207b7615973334651.jpg

Oh but there were many more waves of snotty sneezes to come. One bigger than the other 

3 hours ago, LazyExplorer said:

Oh but there were many more waves of snotty sneezes to come. One bigger than the other 

In real life, the handkerchief's now having a refreshing wash. After that, it will return with its full network of (ironed and lightly starched) defensive lines but, now without its secret weapon (the mustiness), will it be able to survive the expected wave after wave of messy attacks? Doubtless, over the next few days, we will find out!

10 hours ago, launderedlace said:

In one of those 'truth is stranger than fiction' situations the handkerchief, at least temporarily, has repelled the forces of snot. One consequence of it having lain, unused, in its original box for 65 years was that it smelt a little musty - who wouldn't?! So, right now, it's having a refreshing rinse which, as it turns out, is going to remove one line of defence: it's pretty clear that the forces of snot are going to have their day sometime soon!

The throwaway culture? My take - I'm obviously hugely biased - is that handkerchiefs were an early victim of marketing campaigns encouraging us to use more stuff, more quickly, and throw it away, for the past two or three generations. It might be really interesting, and I don't know if anyone's ever actually undertaken one, to carry out a scientific study on the pros and cons of using handkerchiefs and their 'rivals': health issues; energy used in manufacture, packaging and laundering etc etc. As is the nature of these things, to be fair, the study would need to be free from vested corporate interests (should such a thing be possible in this day and age). From my pro-handkerchief perspective, a while ago I wrote sustainability threads into some parts of the 'Embroidered handkerchief distraction - the fiction' (aka Rachel and Julie) storylines 

I guess science is not going to solve the debate. There are likes and dislikes, there is a certain squeamishness about bodily functions in certain people in this day and age and a much more laid back attitude in others, there are cultural values etc. You could probably say something about risks to health and the environment, but the other factors will play a role too. I guess that we, lovers of the handkerchief, should just buy, use and enjoy them.

11 hours ago, cjblo said:

I guess science is not going to solve the debate. There are likes and dislikes, there is a certain squeamishness about bodily functions in certain people in this day and age and a much more laid back attitude in others, there are cultural values etc. You could probably say something about risks to health and the environment, but the other factors will play a role too. I guess that we, lovers of the handkerchief, should just buy, use and enjoy them.

You're right, of course, and a fetish forum isn't necessarily the place where people (me included!) will say, 'Oh, yeah, thanks for letting me know about that - I'm now going to do things differently'

On the small other matter (ahem!) of the whole planet, though, I bet there are plenty of people here in SFF who are doing their bit (or, in some cases, quite a lot) to help create a fairer world

19 hours ago, launderedlace said:

In real life, the handkerchief's now having a refreshing wash. After that, it will return with its full network of (ironed and lightly starched) defensive lines but, now without its secret weapon (the mustiness), will it be able to survive the expected wave after wave of messy attacks? Doubtless, over the next few days, we will find out!

With its precisely regimented (ie starched and ironed) defences now fully restored following a wash, the handkerchief is confident

TootalBreorganised.jpg.57855f7c1c3209c13a7a73ca571898fe.jpg

But does it realise that its newly-acquired fresh smell will be attractive to the ever-threatening nose? Has its ability to repel waves of snotty attacks been fatally undermined? Look out for further updates; or, if you'd rather not risk seeing an immaculate handkerchief being inflicted with snot, then look away!

36 minutes ago, launderedlace said:

With its precisely regimented (ie starched and ironed) defences now fully restored following a wash, the handkerchief is confident

TootalBreorganised.jpg.57855f7c1c3209c13a7a73ca571898fe.jpg

But does it realise that its newly-acquired fresh smell will be attractive to the ever-threatening nose? Has its ability to repel waves of snotty attacks been fatally undermined? Look out for further updates; or, if you'd rather not risk seeing an immaculate handkerchief being inflicted with snot, then look away!

Or is it perhaps a challenging roar towards it's mortal enemy to face it in direct combat and test their meddle against the gale winds and rivers of snot the ever twitchy nose can muster 

• 2 months later...

After valiantly resisting, but eventually succumbing to, the nose's constant snotty attacks, the devastated Tootal Pyramid 'B' handkerchief limped to the laundry basket to recuperate. Stepping into the breach, perfectly regimented, came its close ally, the Tootal Pyramid 'F' handkerchief

cleanF.jpg.704e0f269ec8e8d741e415853c295798.jpg

The nose's first assault was surprisingly puny and had little impact

lighttouchF.jpg.69fe1cece9f2b31b0b3f1d3b1cbf5dc0.jpg

Feeling emboldened, the handkerchief issued a challenge

'If there's a second nose here, I'll take you on as well!'

Will the 'F' handkerchief regret this foolhardiness? Incensed, the nose appeals for a second, snottier, nose to come forwards from the SFF ranks to help teach this reckless upstart of a handkerchief a lesson - any volunteers?!

2 hours ago, Hankysneeze said:

I have plenty to take it down

Perfect, and if a few more snotty noses take exception to this handkerchief's arrogant attitude and round on it, it's clearly going to regret its misplaced bravado, big-time. 

On 5/18/2023 at 9:52 PM, launderedlace said:

Perfect, and if a few more snotty noses take exception to this handkerchief's arrogant attitude and round on it, it's clearly going to regret its misplaced bravado, big-time. 

Agreed, we will show that being vintage means nothing, when it comes to a big sneeze or nose blow.